Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ River of Crystals ❯ Journey ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
Journey
 
 
 
 
“Talking”
 
`Thinking'
 
Voices
 
Stressed
 
 
 
 
23 Days After the Tama's Whole
 
 
 
 
Sitting upon the top steps of the Shrine, she gazed down at the village. Her eyes held the sadness of her incarnation, the grief of being lonely. She wasn't lonely in a physical sense; it went beyond physical. She had her friends to comfort her and Shippo was always by her side. Faintly sighing she watched a new couple walk towards the onsen. She had blessed their union a few days early. She had been happy for them…and yet it chipped another piece of her away. Reaching up she gave the Shikon no Tama a ghost caress; this was the only thing that would remain in her life.
 
The Shikon no Tama would always remain upon her neck as a chain. Shaking her head, she tried to clear her mind of all thoughts. Walking back into the temple, she heard the sweeping. Turning her gaze to the sweeper, she smiled when she saw Inuyasha. He had his long silver hair tied back as he swept at the temple floor. His ear twitched as he heard her soft footsteps. He looked up at her and smiled before he caught the broom on a floorboard.
 
“Shit,” he growled as he pulled the broom from the floorboard. He growled when he saw a pieces fall off.
 
“You don't have to sweep,” Kagome casually said.
 
“Keh,” he mumbled as he picked the pieces from the floor. Kagome walked over and took the broom from his hands. His eyebrows furrowed and he looked confused and slightly hurt.
 
“I know you don't like to sweep, so you can patrol for stray youkai,” Kagome offered with a slight smile. He grinned at this and untied his hair.
 
“All those youkai are weak,” he complained, trying to hide his relief.
 
“Weak they are, but they come in groups,” Kagome stated as she looked out the temple window.
 
Ever since the Tama had been completed, she had noticed the youkai attacks had gone up. It started as a youkai coming once a day, but one had turned into fifty in a matter of days. Inuyasha had taken care of them without the windscar, but fifty was still a lot. Kagome watched him waive and jump out of the temple. She hadn't shown it, but she worried about the village. So far their had been no deaths, but a little girl had been poisoned by a snake youkai. Kagome had personally purified that youkai and taken a tint of pleasure in it.
 
“What am I to do?” She whispered to the wind.
 
“Kikyo never asked, but I could tell she always wondered that,” an aged voice said. Kagome watched as Kaede stepped up the last step and onto the shrine grounds. Kagome walked over and helped her take a seat.
 
“I'm just so confused,” Kagome confided.
 
“About?” Kaede inquired.
 
“I worry that the Tama will bring destruction to this village like Sango's,” Kagome stated, as her face grew tired.
 
“You have destroyed the most powerful youkai, this is not much to fear now,” Kaede tried to comfort.
 
“I feel that there's something out there,” Kagome said as her mind recalled the dreams.
 
“What makes ye think that?” Kaede questioned.
 
“I have…been having strange dreams,” Kagome confided.
 
“What type of dreams?” Kaede asked as her voice turned into one of concern.
 
“I see myself changing and then I hear a voice offering me my dreams-” Kagome began-“The strange part is…there's a fruit that looks like a crescent moon. It's ivory with blue juice.”
 
“What do you make of them?” Kaede asked. Kagome sighed and leaned back as she closed her eyes and remembered the feeling.
 
“The dreams really bring out a part of me that I never knew existed…I feel…I feel alive,” Kagome whispered as her eyes opened.
 
“They could be visions,” Kaede stated.
 
“Visions?” Kagome asked.
 
“Some Mikos have been known to have visions,” Kaede explained.
 
“Did Kikyo have visions?” Kagome asked with curiosity.
 
“She never mentioned any, but your soul has grown,” Kaede voiced as she stood. Kagome stood up and helped her into the temple. Kaede took a seat on a soft pillow and began to meditate.
 
“I was thinking of going to Midoriko's cave,” Kagome randomly said.
 
“What have you told the others?” Kaede asked.
 
“Nothing. This is something I would do alone,” Kagome firmly stated.
 
“Why travel there?”
 
“I just want to take the Tama back to it's home,” Kagome said.
 
“That is a journey,” Kaede said.
 
“Indeed,” Kagome whispered.
 
Kagome left the shrine and walked into the sunlight. Walking down the shrine steps she traveled to the eastern side of the village. She made it to a decent size hut and knocked on the door. The door opened and Kagome smiled as the bow bowed at the hips. His short hair was a mess and he had his Taijiya uniform on.
 
“Welcome Miko-sama,” the boy said.
 
“Kohaku,” Kagome scolded.
 
“Sorry…it's a habit,” the boy sheepishly said.
 
“Where's Sango?” Kagome asked.
 
“The slave driver is in the back,” Kohaku answered as he wiped the sweat from his forehead. Kagome laughed and followed Kohaku to the back. Her eyes watched at the Hiraikotsu traveled through the air and the Houshi blocked it. It mad a loud clank as it hit the Shakujou and then traveled back to the owner. The Houshi charged and grinned as she blocked his attack. Jumping apart from each other Kagome cleared her throat.
 
“Come to train?” Miroku questioned with a raised eyebrow.
 
“No,” Kagome dryly said.
 
“How are you doing?” Sango questioned, assuming the worst.
 
“I'm fine…I just need to ask a favor,” Kagome quickly assured.
 
“What do you need?” Sango asked.
 
“I wanted to borrow Kirara for a few days,” Kagome stated.
 
“Where are you going?” Sango asked.
 
“On a spiritual journey,” Kagome answered, it was a journey and sort of spiritual.
 
“Where to?” Miroku asked. Kagome glared at him for a moment.
 
“I'm going to Mt. Kurama,” Kagome quickly said.
 
`It's only so they won't worry,' Kagome assured herself. Kirara mewed in agreement knowing that Kagome was slightly fibbing.
 
“Is Inuyasha going with?” Sango asked.
 
“Am I going where?” Inuyasha asked as he landed a few feet away.
 
“With Kagome,” Sango said.
 
“Where we heading?” Inuyasha asked with a raised eyebrow. Kagome nervously shuffled her foot.
 
“Well, I'm going on a journey,” Kagome said, trying to stress the `I'm'.
 
“So…when do we leave?” He asked.
 
I'm leaving today,” Kagome stressed again. He glared at her for a few moments before he suddenly caught on.
 
“You can't travel alone with that thing,” Inuyasha growled as he motioned to the Tama.
 
`Wrong way to phrase that,' Miroku sullenly thought. Kagome's eyes darkened and she poked his chest as she glared.
 
I can travel with the Tama and keep it safe,” Kagome stated.
 
“Keh!” Inuyasha mumbled.
 
“My powers have grown and I can…no have to do this alone,” Kagome stressed.
 
“Fine,” Inuyasha simply said.
 
“And if…did you just agree?” Kagome asked in shock.
 
“Go…but if another Naraku pops up don't come crying to me,” Inuyasha warned with a scowl.
 
“Osuwari,” Kagome happily sang as she skipped away.
 
“Stupid wench,” Inuyasha growled from his hole. Sango and Miroku walked away from the hanyou and back into the hut to rest.
 
“Do you think she's doing this for the Tama?” Sango asked with concern.
 
“Yes, I have a feeling she's going back to the beginning,” Miroku declared.
 
“Do you think we should follow?” Sango asked.
 
“No,” Miroku simply said.
 
“What?” Sango asked in confusion.
 
“This is something she has to do alone,” Miroku voiced.
 
“Very well,” Sango whispered.
 
“Now I think we should make a journey to cook,” Miroku suggested.
 
“Last time you cooked, you made a blob,” Sango dryly mocked.
 
“Then who will cook?” Miroku asked.
 
“I will,” Sango happily volunteered.
 
 
 
 
Kagome smiled as she walked back to the temple. She noticed that Kaede had left the shrine. Shrugging she walked over to the dresser that held her Hami-Yumi and ya. After retrieving her items, she found Kirara transformed and ready to leave. Kagome walked over and rubbed the Nekomata's head in affection. Kagome climbed upon Kirara's back and made sure she stable.
 
“You know where we're going.” Kagome stated more then asked. Kirara nodded her head and they took to the air.
 
Kagome waived to Inuyasha as they flew past him. He raised his hand, but didn't waive. He crossed his arms as he watched them leave. He knew she could take care of herself; he just didn't want to admit it. He smirked at their fading forms before he turned to leave the forest. Stopping he turned to look over his shoulder one last time before he walked back to the village.
 
Kagome leaned forward as they traveled through the air. The sun was already setting leaving the sky in dusty shades of pink and orange. They would reach Midoriko's cave by tomorrow night.