Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Outlaw Star Fan Fiction ❯ Between Theft and Lawlessness ❯ Millons & The Friends You Make With Them ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I finally got another review! I'm so happy!
 
Disclaimer: Rose and I own nothing except for a cradle and several gallons of paint… Wait! I almost forgot. Rose DOES own Outlaw and Lawless.
 
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have 50 Million but I was just as happy when I had 48 Million."
-Arnold Schwarzenegger
>*< >*< >*<
Outlaw wandered the halls of Sarayashiki High, completely and utterly lost. Needless to say her sadly under-developed sense of direction wasn't helping matters much..
 
Office. Now if I were a school where would I keep my front office… Dear lord I have officially lost my mind.
 
As she walked (hadn't she been this way before?) she couldn't help but over hear (damn those outlaw instincts) a cluster of boys talking about a “Yusuke Urameshi.” Though to anyone else their conversation would hold no informative value at all, Outlaw was able to infer that this Urameshi guy was deeply feared by the locals, a rebel of sorts. Yet, through all the bad mouthing, he didn't seem like such a bad guy. He'd make a great collaborator; she made a mental note to get him in her dept somehow.
 
Fifteen minutes and three sets of directions later, Outlaw finally made it.
 
Needless to say she was going to be in desperate need of a guide, but she'd let the administration handle that; she had a sneaky suspicion that they'd be all too happy to help her in anyway possible. Far be it that her Uncle Lou not make it glaringly obvious their jobs were on the line.
 
She really hated when he did that.
 
But, then again she should have expected it; it only stands to reason that if he owns half of space, then it's all too probable that he would own half of Japan.
 
She was seriously making up for her fathers good luck at the sacrifice of her own.
 
>*< >*< >*<
Yusuke followed behind the girl he had dubbed “The Amazing, Redheaded Flying Squirrel” at a docile pace, trying for the life of him to figure out what had just happened minutes before…
 
>*< Flashback >*<
Yusuke sleepily watched as the new assistant principle, Akashi, droned on and on about one rule or another that he'd broken, shattered, ripped up and all together pissed on. Absently he wondered how much bluer Akashi could get before his head simply blew up. Now there's an interesting thought…
 
The sound of a fist coming down on a tabletop snapped Yusuke out of his dream of chibi Akashi's self-imploding and was quickly followed by, “Urameshi! You punk, are you even lis-”
 
The door was hesitantly opened and a head of intensely red hair poked through.
 
“I'm sorry to interrupt,” Red-head said, “but I need to pick up my schedule; my name's Outlaw Starwind.” As she said this, the girl fully entered the room. Damn, she was at least an inch taller than he was, and he was by no means short!
 
Akashi's face lost all coloring at a rate that Yusuke was positive indicated an on-coming stroke. Now what on earth could possibly caused that?
 
“M-miss Starwind! Of course, I had it right here…” as Akashi ruffled through the papers on his desk, the girl let her gaze wander around the room and land on him.
 
Damn that chick was fast!
 
Yusuke was sure that this was how he'd die. I can see it now: Famous Spirit Detective Yusuke Urameshi, Defeated Countless Demons, Won The Dark Tournament Against All Odds, and Saved The World Numerous Times Only To Be Strangled To Death By A Un-named High-School Girl.
 
The girl, he thought he heard her call herself Outlaw, was currently wrapped around his neck and squealing, “Oh, Yusuke! Is that really you?! It's been so long since I've seen you! How have you been?!”
 
This of course caught the newly appointed vice principle's attention. (Flying redheads tend to do that.)
 
“You two know each other?” he asked, growing even paler.
 
“Oh yes. Me and Yusuke go way back,” the girl (who was still depriving him of much needed oxygen) chirped, “Oh! I know! How about you letting Yusuke be my guide for the day! That way I won't have to go through my class all alone.”
 
“I don't know…”
 
“Oh, why not? I'm sure my darling Yuskie is a student of good standing, right?”
 
Akashi looked like he was about to choke, much to the Spirit Detective's delight. He cleared his throat and made to abject again, “It's just that-”
 
The girl, still latched around his neck, got all shiny-eyed and looked almost as if she was about to bust into tears.
 
That did the trick.
 
Yusuke had never seen someone change their tune quite so quickly.
 
“What I mean to say is, maybe, since you are new here, Mr. Urameshi should accompany you for the rest of the week. Just to be safe.”
 
With that Yusuke found himself being dragged from the office while the girl called a quick thank you over her shoulder.
 
>*< End Flashback >*<
The spirit detective finally gave up and blurted out in a very gruff manner, “What in the hell was that?!”
 
The Outlaw turned around to face him as she walked, efficiently resulting with her walking backwards.
 
“I do believe that would be referred to as the start of a beautiful friendship. My name's Outlaw, by the way. Not to change the subject or anything, but shouldn't you be leading?” the girl commented as the past the front office for the second time.
 
“Er, yeah. Where do you wanna go?”
 
“Is there anywhere that we can swipe some food?”
 
“Follow me,” Yusuke said as he led the way to the bottom floor of the high school where the snack machines were, “You still haven't told me what happened in there.”
 
“Mm. I heard rat-face yell your name and decided that it would be the perfect opportunity to make nice, there-by earning the comradeship of someone who is obviously well-known in the school,” she explained with a smile.
 
“In other words you took advantage-“
 
“Of a good opportunity,” Outlaw finished with a mischievous grin.
 
Yusuke regarded her for a few minutes before deciding that he liked her style. And not to mention she not only got him out of detention (not that he'd go, but he would get yelled at by Keiko), she also gave him a virtual get-out-of-class-free card for an entire week.
 
But something was still bothering him…
 
“I have to say, you got style. But why'd ol' rat-face give into you like that?”
 
She waved her hand in the air dismissively. “I'm staying with my god-father; he seems to have quite the bit of influence in this country.”
 
This of course peaked the detective's curiosity.
 
“Who's your god-father?” he asked as Outlaw studied the contents of the snack machine.
 
“Fred Lou.”
 
“Damn,” Yusuke said with a low whistle.
 
>*< >*< >*<
An hour later found the two at the end of their tour, which consisted of the snack machines, one of the men's restrooms (Yusuke had a bladder issue he needed to take care of), and the gym, on the roof of the school where Yusuke was telling the new girl all the different ways to get out of class, who to avoid, and the school gossip (though he'd never call it that).
 
“Everyday after the final bell rings you wanna avoid the area in between the history hall and the southern exit,” he explained to a sprawled-out Outlaw, “there's a stampede that goes down that way and you do not want to be caught up in it. One kid got his leg broke.”
 
“Mmmmm...” Outlaw drawled absently, “It's hot.
 
Yusuke scowled down at her (she was currently lying flat on her back with her left arm draped over her eyes and her right fully extended at her side) before glancing at his watch.
 
“Can we go inside?” she asked with a slight whine in her voice.
 
“Sure; it's nearly lunch time anyway.”

>*< >* < >*<
Kurama was the first of the usual group (consisting of himself, , Kuwabara, and Yusuke) to arrive at the usual table. Usually, if Yusuke came to school, the punk-detective would have been there even before the lunch period started. Yet he was absent, and Kurama had seen him early that morning.
 
He probably ditched.
 
That is what he usually does, Kurama agreed.
 
Kurama sat in his usual seat, hoping Kuwabara would arrive shortly; the usual girls were already making their way over. Yet, in the presence of the other detectives, the usual fan girls usually fled.
 
Kuwabara made his way over, and he and Kurama gave the usual greetings.
 
While Kuwabara was just starting to unpack his lunch, Kurama noticed Yusuke pushing through the crowd in his usual gruff manner.
 
The girl he was dragging behind him, however, was anything but usual.
 
>*< >*< >*<
 
Youko was in a rage.
 
How dare Yusuke touch what was his?!
 
True, he was only going to use her for his heat (in other words a good fuck), but that wasn't the point!
 
Calm down.
 
He's touching her!
 
Youko, Yusuke is only interested in Keiko. Besides, she is not ours.
 
She will be, though!
 
But not for long. Which is why, if she becomes close to the group, we should find someone else.
 
I don't want someone else! I want her!
 
Be reasonable. If we used her like that and she was close to the others then they would be extremely upset.
 
I. Don't. Care.
 
Well I do. Imagine the working environment. It would be positively hostile.
 
 
You're going to sulk, aren't you?
 
 
Before Kurama could reprimand the fox spirit, a voice cut through his musings.
 
“…and that's Shuichi,” Yusuke finished his introductions, pointing at Kurama.
 
Kurama smiled at the girl now seated in front of Kuwabara, who was on his left.
 
“It's good to see you again, Miss…” he really wished he's paid attention to Yusuke's introduction.
 
“Outlaw. We've met?”
 
“You don't remember?”
 
He received a blank look.
 
Let me out! I'll make sure she'll never forget us again!
 
So you're talking to me now?
 
Only because it's an emergency.
 
 
Don't you ignore me!
 
“You saved me from a mob of stampeding females this morning,” Kurama explained while tuning out the raging kitsune.
 
She blinked.
 
“That was you?”
 
If he'd been a lesser man he would have fallen out of his chair.
 
>*< >*< >*<
Lunch continued in much the same way to the disappointment of the redheaded detective. Outlaw remained blissfully immune to his charm, and he found that this bothered him. As a matter of fact, it bothered him a lot. Which it really shouldn't. After all, he was the one who had suggesting passing the girl over since she was seemingly going to be a part of there regular group at school. Not to mention that it should have been a relief that she wasn't throwing herself at him. He had always felt that relief with other few females that seemed disinterested in him. So what was different about her?
 
Not only could he not figure out this strange displeasure at not having a new fan girl (surely that in itself signaled the end of the world was approaching), Youko was refusing to speak to him (with the exception of admonishing him for his lack of success with Outlaw and attempts to be let out to “show him how it was done”).
 
He was exhausted when he got home.
 
But his nap simply wasn't meant to be.
 
>*< >*< >*<
Two girls were sitting in front a peaceful pond gazing intently at it's surface. While the facial structure was the same, the girls were easily distinguished from one another. One had light purple hair that barely reached her shoulders and doe-brown eyes; the other sea-green eyes that danced with mischief and stark white hair.
 
“Sabrina! Sib!”
 
The Gemini Kamis jumped up from their position in front of The Oracle Pond at the sound of the mother's voice.
 
That tone could only mean one thing:
 
She had caught them.
 
You see, they had been using The Pond to watch the going-ons in the lives of two certain redheads. Not that this was against any rules, but the slight, erm, pushes they had been giving the thief and the outlaw were.
 
Ah, well. Might as well get the lecture over with so they could get back to their match making.
 
With that final thought the two made their way to the palace looking properly contrite.
 
And faking every bit of it.
 
>*< >*< >*<
Time for the review response!
 
I'm not going to respond.
 
Nani?1 WHY NOT!
 
`Cause, I was so pleased with it I added them into the story. *points to above scene*
 
Oh. Which is which?
 
Huh? Oh! You mean which goddess is Sib and which is Sabrina?
 
Duh.
 
I decided to let them decide. ^-^