Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Kuwabara Love Story ❯ Come on, Come on ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A Kuwabara love story--Chapter 5

Written by: Jesscheaux

Disclaimer: I did not invent, nor do I own, Yu Yu Hakusho, or any of the characters, except for Sayo Azuke, whom I created.

Author's notes: Will Sayo ever make it to the training group in time? Looks like Koenma is getting impatient. How will Kuwabara react when he sees her?

Sorry about the wait! This was already written but my Yahoo mail has been driving me crazy so it slipped my mind! ENJOY!
________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________


The sun began to rise over the morning sky. The grass all around was covered with shiny drops of dew. Birds began chirping, singing out their sweet melodies in a greeting to the new day. And in the forest, deep within the trees, another creature stirred:

Kuwabara was snoring loudly.

Kurama had his hands over his ears and his eyes shut tightly. He opened one eye warily and looked over to Kuwabara who was making such a racket that Kurama hadn't slept a wink that night. It was just as well, because someone had to watch the fire. It was notorious for attracting predators and demons. Although creatures of the darkness, they were strangely attracted to the light. Something unattainable to the likes of them, making it all the more desirable.

Hiei appeared swiftly; seemingly from thin air. "Hmm." he nodded towards Kuwabara as he looked at Kurama.

Kurama shrugged. "He's been like that all night; I couldn't sleep."

Hiei sighed, "Well, looks like it's time for a wake up call."

The fire apparition disappeared yet again, his movements almost faster than Kurama could follow, and returned seconds later with a wooden bucket filled to the brim with ice cold water. A smirk covered his face and he looked at Kurama who began to smile also.

"This'll teach him to sleep in." Hiei stated, "I told him we were to begin at dawn."

SPLASH!

"YEEEAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!! COLD COLD COLD COLD COOOOOLLLLD!!!" Kuwabara's blood curdling screams rocked the forest as he was doused in water. Freezing water.

Kurama stifled a giggle with his hand and his smile widened as he finally let out an amused chuckle. Hiei smirked at his handiwork and stood over Kuwabara with his arms folded as the human curled up into a ball on the ground and shivered.

"I'm glad you're finally awake." Hiei said sarcastically.


Kazuma Kuwabara stood to his full height, towering more than a foot over Hiei:

"WHY YOU LITTLE SHRIMP! What's the big idea! I was about to wake up!"

Hiei held up a hand, "Silence. We don't need to waste anymore time with your foolishness."

"MY foolishness?! You're the one who dumped cold water on me, Shorty!"

"Hn. You do make for amusement at times, human, come we begin our training NOW." he said menacingly.

Kuwabara opened his mouth in protest when Hiei glared at him and the glow of the Jagan eye could be seen under the thin white bandanna that Hiei used to cover it.

"Um..yeah. What you said. Lets go.." he held his arms to his side and looked down with defeat, then looked back up and a evil smile lit his face. "But don't expect me to go easy on ya! HA HA HA!"

Hiei rolled his eyes, all three of them. "Idiot..." he muttered as he turned back and started walking towards a nearby clearing.


* * *


"Whew, I certainly didn't think we'd be stopping for the night." Botan said to her traveling companion as she awoke from her recent slumber.

"It's not a big deal really. It's not like they're expecting us." Sayo answered nonchalantly.

"True true, but we do need to get you there soon. No doubt they've already started their training. Hiei's in charge and he tends to be a slave driver."

Sayo sweatdropped, "Thanks Botan, I really wanted to hear that."

Botan smirked, "The truth hurts."


"Say Botan, I'm starved. We should get something to eat before we head on." Sayo suggested. Secretly, she wanted to delay getting there as long as she possibly could. Who knew how they would react. And Kazuma...what if he hated her for coming? (Wait a minute, since when do I care what he thinks!) she thought rapidly (He's just another spirit energy user, a fellow fighter. I don't care what any of them think of me,) "I'm a part of the team now and they're just going to have to accept that!" Sayo accidentally said the last part aloud and pointed her left index finger in the air.

Botan fell over. "Yes, I see...er what say we get that breakfast, Sayo?"

Sayo turned five different shades of red, realizing she had said the last part aloud. She opened and closed her mouth a few times before giving up on speech and nodded at Botan.


* * *


"What's taking them so long!" an impatient Koenma slammed his small fist down on his desk as he watched the large screen mounted on the wall in front of his desk.

Botan and Sayo were chowing down on all kinds of breakfast goods: pancakes, scrambled eggs, biscuits, sausage, and rice cakes. Koenma noticed strawberry flavored ones on the table and his mouth began to water. He pulled his pacifier out, swallowed and stuck it back in again.

"Stupid Botan...she's neglecting the mission!"

"Did you say something sir?" George the Ogre asked his master as he finished writing out a report that Koenma had requested.

"Indeed, George. My best ferry girl is taking her sweet time on the latest mission I sent her out on. I wanted Sayo to arrive at the training camp before sundown yesterday, but those women! They just HAVE to have a bed to sleep on. And all the comforts of home." his eyes went all shiny for a split second and then he closed them tightly as he slammed both of his flat palms on the desk. "AAAARRRRRGGGGHHH!!!"

The entire room rattled and the Ogre fought to keep his balance. "Koenma-sir, perhaps you need a nap?"

"Grr!" Jr. shot him a dirty look, "I just woke up, I don't take my nap until at least two 'o clock and you know it!"

The Ogre closed his eyes and held his hands up waving them back and forth, "It was only a suggestion sir!" he opened his eyes, "Besides, they say that variety is the spice of life."

Koenma flopped down in his chair and looked back at the screen, "Oh shut up."


* * *


"Again." Hiei instructed his newest pupil in swordsmanship.

Kuwabara withdrew his spirit sword, then formed it again and did a double downward slash.

"Again." Hiei commanded and a groan was heard from Kuwabara.


(We've been doing this since we woke up. It's not anywhere close to noon and I've already repeated this a zillion times and I'M STARVING!) Kuwabara thought as he repeated the move over and over.

Kurama watched from the sidelines, holding his signature rose and twirling it between his fingers. Hiei was to teach Kuwabara better swordsmanship, but Kurama would teach him how to manipulate and contort his spirit energy to the boy's every whim. Like he did with his rose.



(I wonder how Urameshi is doing.) the reluctant student of Hiei mused and was distracted briefly causing Hiei to growl.

"Pay attention, you oaf! You'll never master swordsmanship if you can't keep your mind on the task at hand!" he yelled.

"Listen here, you! I know alot about swordsmanship that you didn't teach me! I CREATED the spirit sword, thank you, and I know how to use it!" Kuwabara retorted in his defense.

"Oh, so swinging it around was a good choice then. Like a mindless fool who has no idea what he's doing. Without proper training you will never be able to use it to your full potential."

Kuwabara shook with fear and anger at the same time. He was getting sick and tired of Hiei bossing him around and he'd only been under his instruction for a few hours. (This is going to be unbearable.) Kuwabara thought about what the next two months with Hiei would be like and he couldn't wait until it was Kurama's turn to train him.

"Standing around isn't going to help you." Hiei spoke up again, "You need to take this training more seriously. Don't you realize that your fate, our fate, and your friend Yusuke's fate is resting on the outcome of the battle in two months?"

"Yeah...you're right Hiei." Kuwabara said softly realizing that every word he spoke was the truth. It was time to get serious. He then forged another spirit sword and did the double-slash with more determination in his eyes and his movement.

"Much better, again."

Kuwabara contined on in the repetitiveness of his training. He kept telling himself that he would benefit greatly from it in the end.

A few more hours had passed and the sun was reaching midpoint in the sky.


"Hey Hiei? Can I--" Kuwabara started but was interrupted as a large flying object came into view.

Hiei shielded his eyes from the burning glare of the sun and tried to get a better view of who or what was coming.

A minute later, the strange floating object touched down and Botan waved at Hiei who scowled, wondering what the ferry girl could possibly want at a time like this. Then he noticed that she had someone else with her.

"Hey Botan!" Kuwabara yelled as he broke out into a run to go greet his friend.

Botan stepped off of her oar and to the side. Kuwabara stopped short and his jaw dropped as he recognized who Botan's passenger was.

"Sayo?!" he choked out.

Sayo smirked, "Hello Kazuma..."



CONTINUED NEXT TIME!

________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________
I'm am soooo sooo evil. I love cliffhangers :D Well, hope you all enjoyed this chapter. The story continues next time and don't worry, I haven't forgotten Yusuke ;) Ja ne!