Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Mistaken Past ❯ The Hunted ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ch.4 The Hunted

Nagi whipped her eyes on her sleeve. Suichi gently stroked her hair, trying to comfort her.

"Are you okay?" he asked, lovingly.

"Oh, yeah...I'm okay," she said laughing a little, trying to lighten the mood. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to break down like that. I just...I've been under a lot of stress you know?"

"Yeah, I know." Suichi replied. Even thought he couldn't even imagine what she was going through.

"Well, thanks for comforting me, I really appreciated it." She said giving Suichi a grateful look.

"Of course," He said giving her cheek a stroke with his hand." I will always be here to comfort you and to support you."

"Thanks," she said giving her tears a final wipe "Whew, well... that was some drama. Thanks for everything. Umm, I'm sorry but I can't stay for dinner. Tell your mom that I'm really sorry. I got to go."

She got up and grabbed her things. But Suichi grabbed her arm.

"Why do you have to go? Is something wrong?" he asked worriedly.

"No, but I just have to go," she said in a nervous voice, almost as if she were hiding something." I umm... I have some things that I need to take care of at home. So I better go."

"Are you sure your alright?" he asked again.

"Yes," she said in an assuring voice" I'm sure. Nothing is wrong. Believe me."

"Alright," he said still unsure "Do you need a ride home. I can drive you."

"No!" she said a little louder than she intended. "I mean, no. Believe me, I'll be okay. I can walk. I will be okay."

Suichi trusted her, but was still unsure. She still seemed upset, but he let her go anyway. He walked her to the door.

"Please tell your mom that I'm really sorry," she said standing in the open doorway.

"Don't worry," He said smiling" I'll be sure to tell her."

"Thanks," she said smiling a little" And thanks for everything else. I really needed someone to talk to."

"You know that I'll always be here for you." He said.

"You know," she said looking him right in the eyes "Even though we just met, I feel like I've known you forever."

"I feel the same way," he said agreeing.

"That's really weird," she said laughing. Suichi laughed with her. "Well, I better go. Thanks again."

Then, she raised up on her tiptoes and gently kissed him on the cheek. Suichi let out a small gasp. Her lips felt warm against his skin. Suichi touched the spot where her lips were. She smiled; her eyes sparkling, and was fixing to turn when Suichi stopped her.

"Nagi." He said.

"Yes?" she said turning around.

"Incase I see him or anything, you know, "he said rubbing his arm "What is the guy's name who you're after?"

Nagi sighed, but kept smiling "You really want to help me?"

"Of course." He said smiling.

"His name is Yoko."

Suichi froze. It couldn't be! How could this happen? How did she? Why did she? This couldn't happen! Why was she hunting him? How did she know Yoko? He didn't remember ever meeting her in his past life. What did he do to her? How did he betray her? This couldn't be happening!!! It just couldn't!!!!