Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Don't Need Me, Anymore? ❯ Yusuke's Explanation[Long Chapter] ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

****WARNING::: THIS CHAPTER IS PRETTY LONG. BRING A SANDWHICH OR SOMETHING TO SNACK ON.****



Me: Hey I'm back with chapter 2! ^-^

Yusuke: Sweet?

Me: Yup Yup. I've been through some weird crap with my best friend and it gave me some new inspiration for the rest of the story! So yay for the little asshole -.-...

Kurama: *Sweatdrop* I thought you said he was your best friend.

Me: Not in his eyes...


---Silence---


Me: ANYWAY --- In order to NOT dump all my personal matters to you viewers out there, I shall start the chappie. Remember, I do not in any way own Yu Yu Hakusho. As much as I'd want to, I don't. So please don't be harassing me or arresting me or whatever it is you do to people who aren't me ;].



Chapter 2 Part One ­ Yusuke's Half of The Story



"Well? I don't deserve a simple hello?"

Kurama snapped out of his daze, suddenly aware of his friends and family staring at him. He cleared his throat softly and tucked a red lock of hair behind his ear. He took a last look around, his eyes finally stopping at the new guest. He blinked and shifted his position a little.

"Hm?" He was at a loss. She merely giggled and backed up. She spun around with her arms up, slightly. Her hair created a small wave in the air and rested behind her.

"Don't tell me I changed so much that you don't remember me. You're not even saying hello or howdy or however you greet people nowadays," the girl pouted, with a childish shine in her eyes. Kurama loosened up a bit and chuckled. His muscles relaxed and his blood was able to flow normally again, regaining his pretty-boy-like composure.

"Of course I remember you. I'm uh... Sorry for not greeting you properly," Kurama smiled. She just giggled a bit and pressed her hands on her hips, expecting more. "It's wonderful to see you again, Sabishii," Kurama confirmed.

His brain had had some trouble releasing the name. It was the very name he had sworn to not let pass through his lips again. It felt rather strange to him. It had taken him a few more moments to realize the silence and as he was going to turn up the volume on the stereo...

"WOAH STOP!!!" Yusuke stepped forward. His sneaker kicked up some dirt as he approached the small girl. He looked down and stared her in the face. She threw a slightly amused look back and stood her ground firmly.

"Can I help you?"
 
"Yeah you can. What's your surname?"

"Aiiyanara, Sabishii. Any other questions? I can brace myself for impact before you yell again," Sabishii wiped his spit off her face, and with a flick of her wrist, the droplets flew to the ground. She looked up, slightly startled. Yusuke's expression had changed dramatically. His eyes were big and watery, and his lip was red from him biting it. Sabishii took a step away.

"YOU CAME BACK!!!" Yusuke attacked Sabishii, tackling her to the ground. Her breath escaped her. Yusuke quickly picked both of them up in complete and utter joy. Hiei twitched, more than a little embarrassed about his uhm... Teammate. "YOU CAME BACK!!! YOU'RE BACK YOU ACTUALLY CAME BACK!!!"

"Mff...cfff...fweepf..." Sabishii screamed, or atleast as loudly as she could with her face stuffed in Yusuke's chest. He let go of her, finally, letting her stumble back to catch her breath. "I CAN'T BREATHE!!!" She exclaimed, her arms flailing in frustration. Yusuke laughed and looked around. Kurama had a questioning look on his face.

"You're enjoying Kurama's present a lot more than he is!!!" Kuwabara laughed, hysterically. Kurama raised his head and slowly turned toward Kuwabara. Sabishii froze and let out a fake laugh.

"You still have that nickname? HAHAHA isn't that a funny nickname, everyone?" Sabishii encouraged everyone to let out a small laugh and patted Kurama on the shoulder. She looked up at him with a simple knowing grin. "Great friends you got there. Does everyone know your little secret now?” Kurama looked at her, seriously. She smiled wider. “I guess I'm not special anymore," Sabishii winked. Kurama turned away, feeling uneasy in the presence of his old friend.

"Sorry, man..." Kuwabara muttered, noticing his blunder.



---That night---



Kurama thanked his relatives for coming as they left his house. It was around midnight, so his parents and Hakoda had already bid goodnight to everyone. Yusuke, Kuwabara, and Sabishii were chatting on the couch. Hiei was on a windowsill on the other side of the room. Kurama shut the door and sighed, feeling very tired. 'Just one more person to get rid of...' Kurama slumped, eyeing the unexpected visitor. She was sitting comfortably on the couch, Yusuke's arm behind her. The two were close, and they had yet to explain to him how. Although, he had his own explaining to do. Kuwabara looked up at Kurama and waved him over. Kurama smiled and sat himself down on a couch opposite of Yusuke and Sabishii.

"So, Yusuke, how exactly do you two know eachother?" Kurama sat back, resting a leg over the other. Yusuke grinned and sat forward. Sabishii did, too, so she could help the story telling. It was one of her favorites.

"Well, Sabishii was one of Keiko's friends..."

"And Yusuke was Keiko's little sweetie..."



---Ten Years Earlier---



It was mid-winter, ten years ago. An elementary school's Friday had come to an end. Little seven year olds Keiko and Sabishii hopped around in the snow. Keiko had her hair in little pigtails. Her scrunchies matched her blue coat and boots. Sabishii's hair was in a ponytail, protected by a big cap which she had to stop and adjust every now and then when it fell in front of her eyes. Her jacket was thin, more like a sweater. She thought coats made her look funny. Keiko really couldn't understand her tomboyish best friend. As the two reached shallower snow, Keiko was able to trudge more comfortably. Sabishii was shorter, so it took a few more moments of hopping to reach a good walking place for her. Keiko saw that Sabishii had caught up and paused to look at her. Sabishii stopped and stared at her friend's pleading eyes.

"No," Sabishii stated and started walking.

"C'mon, puh ­ weeeaaase?!" Begged Keiko. She pouted with all her little cute might.

Sabishii kept walking, thinking of the unfairness between her and Keiko. She could never do a puppy dog pout like Keiko did, mainly because she always had a scarf or bandanna covering half her face. She tried not to look at Keiko, which failed, so she thought a moment, hesitating about her decision. Keiko was really headstrong, even for her age back then. She didn't settle for a no. Sabishii slumped in defeat.

"Uh kay," Sabishii said, reluctantly.

Keiko's parents wanted her to go with them on a little family vacation and her precious friend Yusuke was stuck at home sick. Sabishii had been Keiko's friend for a while, but only met Yusuke twice. She felt weird about making sure he was alright while Keiko was gone. Unfortunately, she owed Keiko a favor and had no way to back out of it.

"GWEAT!!!" Keiko squealed. She took Sabishii's hand and ran to Yusuke's house. 'That puppy pout gets her every time... Hehehe...' Keiko giggled as she and Sabishii rang the doorbell. Yusuke's mom, Atsuko, opened the door.

"Oh wow. Now there are two girls. My Yusuke seems to be getting a little more popular, isn't he?" Atsuko smiled, warmly.

Atsuko gestured the two girls inside. As Keiko was explaining her situation to Atsuko, Sabishii was having a look around. She turned the cap around, causing her bangs to pop out of the gap where the strap was. There was a small couch, some chairs, and a table in the room she was in. There were a few pictures on the wall. Several of them had Keiko in it. Sabishii stared at them pretty long, not noticing Keiko and Atsuko going into the other room. Keiko always looked so sweet and happy, while Yusuke had an adorable, childish tough kid look. Sabishii smiled under her scarf.

'They're so different. Kinda cool.' A hand grabbed Sabishii's wrist and she snapped out of her daze. Her face turned to Keiko as she was dragged into the next room.

"I DON'T NEED A BABYSITTER!!!" Yusuke protested, a huge sneeze following. His black hair stood up with the unbelievable force of the sneeze. As he was wiping his nose, Sabishii's entrance caught his attention. "ESPECIALLY ONE AS PUNY AS HER!" Sabishii blinked and her head fumed.
 
"Puny?!?!?!" Sabishii growled as she stepped toward the sick boy. She grabbed his shirt and shook him furiously. "I am not puny you DOODIEHEAD! I should leave but Keiko apparently cares for a little BOOGER like YOU! Now don't ever call me that again or I'll grow up a lot taller than you and squish you like a BUG!!!" She crossed her arms, leaving Yusuke's mouth agape. Keiko giggled at her best friend's defensiveness about her size. Atsuko smiled, amused by the spunky little girl. Yusuke closed his mouth and frowned.

"You're the doodiehead..." Yusuke muttered. Sabishii glared at him and let out a grunt of frustration. Keiko looked up at the clock and noticed her time had run out.

"I gotta go," Keiko sighed. She hugged Sabishii and Yusuke goodbye. Atsuko started to lead Keiko to the door. Keiko waved and exited the room.

"WAIT! DON'T LEAVE ME ALONE WITH HER!!!" Yusuke struggled out of bed, but didn't get far when Sabishii tackled him.

"Oh, no. You're gonna stay in bed, Mister!" Sabishii grabbed Yusuke in a headlock. He wrestled her with all his might.

Atsuko closed the front door and headed back to Yusuke's room. She opened his door and found the two on the floor. They had both bumped their heads in the struggle and were unconscious. She laughed and lifted Yusuke onto his bed. She rummaged through the drawers and changed Sabishii's wet clothes with some of Yusuke's pajamas. Atsuko picked up Sabishii and put her sleeping body next to Yusuke's. As she was about to leave, she noticed that she forgot about Sabishii's scarf. She lifted the soft blue scarf from Sabishii's face, then untying her ponytail. 'She looks pretty sweet when she's not screaming at the top of her lungs,' Atsuko smiled.

"I bet her parents won't mind if she sleeps over..." Atsuko pondered aloud as she felt Sabishii's bump. It seemed like she'd be out for a while.

Keiko had left Sabishii's parents' numbers with her. She was surprisingly mature for a seven year old. She told Atsuko that Sabishii's dad was a cop and her mom was a doctor, so any trouble could be reported to them. 'I should call first...' A few minutes later, Atsuko was on the phone with Sabishii's dad. Her mom was busy in the emergency room. He sounded nice ­ a little scary, but nice. They agreed that Sabishii could spend the weekend at their house, granted that he bring over some of her clothes and let him visit periodically. Atsuko hung up the phone and started to prepare dinner. Well, ordering food was sort of preparing, wasn't it?

In the other room, Yusuke's sleeping hand smacked Sabishii's face, shocking her. Her eyes snapped open and she glanced around. Yusuke's arm was on top of her, and she felt even more uneasy than she did when she arrived. He was breathing on her face, but she promised Keiko that she'd make sure Yusuke recovered, so she didn't want to wake him. Her ears picked up the conversation Atsuko was having with her dad through the bedroom's open door.

"So you're sure it's okay if Sabishii stays over, Officer Aiiyanara? I mean, my son's little friend Keiko would usually be taking care of him, but she's going on a family trip for Christmas," Atsuko's voice explained. Sabishii blinked, wondering what her father would say. He was always strict with her.

"Please, call me Tsubaku. And it's okay. I called my wife for her approval and she agreed. She just has a favor to ask of you," Mr. Aiiyanara said, firmly. Sabishii's curiosity got sparked. Her dad wasn't usually so easy going. "During Christmas, we're never around because we're obligated to work. We usually leave the gifts for Sabishii to discover under the tree. She'd get so lonely that she once dumped ketchup on her head and demanded to see her mother at the hospital because her head exploded," the
man chuckled. Atsuko laughed, trying to picture the event.

"I see, so do you want her to stay with us?" Atsuko offered. A silence followed where Tsubaku nodded his head. "Okay. That's no problem. Would you like to come in and see her before you leave? She hasn't been awake for a couple of hours now." Footsteps approached the open door and Sabishii shut her eyes quickly. Her father's heavy footsteps approached the bed. Atsuko stayed at the doorway.

"Were they like this before?" Tsubaku questioned, pointing to Yusuke's arm around Sabishii's small form. Atsuko moved closer for a look. She giggled.

"No, I don't believe so... But don't worry. He's probably just dreaming of little Keiko-chan," she explained, not wanting to anger the protective cop. She looked at his face. He seemed calm, kind of happy. "Sir? Is there something wrong?"

"She's young. She'd rather run a race with boys than hug them. There are even times when I think she wishes to be one, so I have no worries for my cute little tomboy," Tsubaku kissed Sabishii on the forehead and retreated toward the door. Atsuko was confused, but shook it off to follow the man out. Sabishii opened her eyes after hearing the shutting of the front door. She sighed. So that was it. She was stuck with Yusuke for longer than she thought. She bit her lower lip. She had already felt uneasy enough, but now the two were going to be living with eachother for a while.

'I don't think this is what Keiko wanted when she told me to check up on Yusuke a lot,' Sabishii shuttered, feeling chilly.

Yusuke snorted slightly. He shuttered, too, with his face scrunching up with determination to find a heat source. Sabishii was eyeing the blanket the Yusuke had kicked off the bed. She slid her foot down to try and reach it. Her breath suddenly escaped her. Her eyes were wide and her body went stiff. Yusuke had pulled her closer to his body. He was satisfied with her warmth, and it showed. His face
was goofy. His mouth was smiling widely(like xD), with drool dripping from the corner of his mouth.

"Blankey..." Yusuke whispered, tightening his grip on her body. Sabishii relaxed, silently defeated. His grip was better in his sleep than it was when he was conscious. She admitted, she was cold, and with his grip, she couldn't even slip down to get the blanket. Her arms desperate for warmth, unconsciously wrapped themselves around Yusuke. She felt better and smug. As her eyes became heavier and closer to enveloping her in a dreamland, one thought escaped her mind.

'Ew...'



---Next Morning---



Yusuke yawned. The sun had begun to shine on his face, disrupting his sleep. He cuddled with his blanket a little more, trying to get back to sleep. 'Hey... My blanket smells nice...' Yusuke grinned and opened his eyes. His nose felt itchy. He backed up to scratch his nose and pulled his blanket closer again. His eyes snapped open in sudden realization.
 
"AHHH!!!" Yusuke shoved Sabishii away, accidentally dropping her on her head.

"OWW!!!" Sabishii scrambled onto her feet and glared at Yusuke. "WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM?!" She rubbed the back of her throbbing head.

"WHY WERE YOU HUGGING ME?!"

"So WHAT?! I was cold and I couldn't get the blanket 'cuz you weren't letting me go," Sabishii pouted. Yusuke's face turned red. He turned away, but Sabishii caught it in time. She grinned, mischieviously.

"Are you blushing?"

"No."

"Ya you are," Sabishii got on the bed.

"NO!" Yusuke backed away. "Something evil took over me!"

"Ya right. You liked it," Sabishii teased. Yusuke fumed and opened his mouth to answer when Sabishii grabbed his sides and tickled him. Yusuke exploded in laughter and fought back. The two lasted for about an hour* of laughing, but had to stop when they couldn't breath anymore.



---Present Day---



"So that's pretty much how it all was. A tickle fight broke the ice," Yusuke explained. Kurama blinked, soaking in the story. It was completely different than his by far.

"When I moved, it became hard to keep in contact, and eventually, we stopped talking," Sabishii said. She leaned on Yusuke's shoulder and kicked her legs up on the table.

"So you and Yusuke got close that easily?" Kuwabara asked.

"Yeah I guess. Of course, Keiko was a lot closer to him than I was," Sabishii raised her head up at the ceiling with a rare thinking face. She lowered her head and her bangs fell over her eye.

"Alright well enough about us. You still haven't explained your end," Yusuke stared at Kurama. Hiei turned his gaze away from the outside for a moment.

"Hm?" Kurama sat up in his seat.

"What do you mean, `hmmmmm'?!" Kuwabara nudged Kurama's arm.

"I mean I'm not sure what he's talking about. I'm rather tired," Kurama explained. Sabishii stared at him carefully. She sighed and shook her head. She hardly picked up that lie.

'He's getting good at this lying stuff,' Sabishii dropped her head on Yusuke's lap as he sat back to meet Kurama eye to eye.
 
"How did Sabishii get involved in your demon business?"



End Chapter 2 Part 1



Me: Ugh that was so long.

Yusuke: You got that right. You must've bored your viewers to death a fourth of the way through.

Me: Yeah... But whoever actually made it this far, awesome endurance xP.

Kuwabara: I hardly get to talk.

Hiei: Neither do I.

Kuwabara: You hardly ever talk, anyway.

Hiei: *Glare*

Kurama: I'll finaly get to talk in the next chapter. ^-^

Me: Yup! Oh and in the story there's a *. This is 'cuz I wanna make a comment =].



* In the story, Yusuke and Sabishii spent a half hour dieing of laughter. This happened to my friends and I when we were laughing about the word ass and all references to it (like fanny or patootie). We laughed for four hours straight from like 3 AM to 7:30 AM. I'm really not sure how we pulled it off, but when we finally came to our senses, we were dizzy on the floor. Don't try it. It hurts a lot afterwards and you won't be able to get up x.X...



Me: Well, thank you for reading. Please R&R. I promise things will get a lot better. And shorter lol.