Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Enter Ceridwen ❯ No Holding Back ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hiei and Ceridwen entered the arena and took their positions. Both unsheathed their swords and crossed them like always. Hiei swung his sword at her, and she blocked it. As fast as she could she got inside his blows and started her attack. She had started to get him on the defensive when he kicked her back and she flew twenty feet away. He charged at her and she held up her sword. They both were attacking now.

Hiei got around her attack and swung his sword. She fell to the ground and held her left cheek. "What the hell Hiei?"

He stopped attacking and looked down at her, glaring. "I warned you that I wouldn't be holding back today. You should have blocked that last move."

"I tried but," Ceridwen started.

"No buts. Get up and try again. NO HOLDING BACK!" Glaring at him, Ceridwen stood. They crossed swords again, the cut on her cheek now bleeding freely. Ceridwen was enraged. She started the offensive attacks, leafing Hiei to defend himself. Each time their swords collided a loud metallic sound resonated through the arena. Out of the corner of her eye she saw the door open as Kumara and the others walked in to watch.

After five minutes of having Hiei on the defense her sword made contact. She had sliced him open on his chest and her sword was now aimed at his neck. She knocked his away and held the tip of her sword not even half an inch from his neck. If he swallowed he would die. He smiled at her. It was very odd seeing a real smile compared to a smirk. He started to back away and laughed. "That's it Ceridwen. Focus all emotion on determination and you will win. Now again!"

Hiei picked up his sword and continued. Over the next hour both got several more cuts. Hiei had only gotten her sword away and won once more. He yelled at her to try harder and focus. After that it was either a stalemate or she won. Yuske and the others just stared in awe that she even beat him once. Hiei announced that for today her training was over. She collapsed and used her telekinesis to get her water bottle and towel. She poured all the water on herself and then got another, which she gulped down in less than a minute. Breathing hard she watched as Kurama and Hiei left the arena. Angry with him she picked up her sword, sheathed it and stormed to her room. She applied all necessary medicine to her cuts so they would heal over night and not scar.

Hiei was talking with Kurama in their room. They heard Ceridwen's door slam shut and continued with their discussion. "You don't think you're pushing her too hard too fast Hiei?"

"No Kurama. She can handle it. If anything I'm not pushing her hard enough."

"I'm not so sure about that Hiei."

"Where do you get off telling me what to do?"

Kurama sighed and sat on the bed. "Since I can sense her pain and stress from training. She was already emotionally strained when she got here. You have been relentless and it is taking its toll. I fear she may have a breakdown before the Tournament and we will not be able to participate."

"Stress? You say she's stressed Kurama? Tell me, has she said she's stressed? Has she complained?"

"I asked her one morning. I got up earlier than you did and headed down to eat. She was making breakfast and we got to talking. I can feel how her body screams for rest after your sessions. When I asked her about it she didn't confirm my suspicions..."

"There! You see Kurama? She's fine."

"Let me finish Hiei. Like I said she didn't confirm it, but she didn't deny it. I can feel how hurt she is Hiei. She already felt odd around you because of what you know about her and her partner. Now she feels that you are angry with her and that's why you're doing this to her."

"Why would she feel I am angry with her Kurama?"

"Because she brought up the subject of your arm. She always knew it Hiei. It was given to her as information after the last Tournament. She thought you blamed her for Bane and now she feels that you hate her for brining up your arm. No doubt that she now thinks you hate her gift, whatever it was, because of the way you consistently treat her." Kurama was standing now. His anger flowing like a raging river in his veins.

"I liked her gift. Anyway, I don't want her dying in the Tournament. Do you think they'll go easy on her? Do you think they will hold back when they fight her?"

"I suggest that if you want her strong enough to fight in the Tournament you back off of her. I mean it Hiei."

"Are you threatening me?"

"Yes. If you don't lay off, I will make you."

"I doubt you could make me do anything Kurama."

"Perhaps. However if Yuske and Ceridwen helped me we could easily subdue you."

"Neither would ever turn on me."

"Don't be so sure Hiei." Hiei, angry with Kurama, punched him in the face. Kurama didn't even look fazed. "If loosing her means that much to you Hiei, stop killing her in those sessions." Kurama made for the door.

"Where are you going Kurama?"

"I am going to talk to her. I have a feeling that she may reconsider helping us. I'm going to salvage what is left of her physically and emotionally."

"You will stay away from her," Hiei said. He was in front of the door blocking Kurama. "I won't have you playing mind games with her."

"You mean to tell me Hiei that you can't feel her now? Are you unable to sense her grief, pain and confusion? If you are Hiei then perhaps you should step down as her trainer." Another blow to Kurama's face. "Hit me all you want Hiei. It won't change the fact that I speak the truth." Hiei stood there, paralyzed. Kurama walked around him and to Ceridwen's room. He paused before it but continued past it. If she was to be freed of this pain it had to be from the center of it. It had to be from Hiei.