Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Fox Games ❯ Forgiveness ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Fox Games:

Chapter 9- Forgiveness

Kurama tightened his arms around Haven's waist and held her close as she cried. He could feel the shoulder of his silken garment being slowly plastered to his skin, but he did not care. Silently he buried his lips in her golden hair and murmured nonsense into the glossy strands, soothing and comforting the crying kitsune. Her arms were thrown around his neck, holding on as if he were her rock in the middle of a sea of tears. He stroked her sides comfortingly with his hands and felt her shift back and look up at his face.

The moonlight turned her tears to liquid silver on her face, and painted shimmering highlights in her hair. Kurama once again found himself transfixed by this goddess-like beauty in front of his eyes. His one hand reached up slowly to rub the pad of his thumb across her tears and wipe them away. She caught his hand in hers, turned it over and kissed his palm lightly. "I'm so sorry…" she whispered.

"No!" Kurama whispered back. "No! None of this was your fault. It's me who's sorry. And Haven…oh Haven I truly am! I never meant to hurt you like that…" He brought both hands up now and cradled her face in his palms. "At the time I thought I was doing it for the best. Please, just give me one more change and I swear I'll NEVER leave your side again." He stopped here and met her gaze square on, hope and an almost pathetic begging shining in his golden eyes.

Haven bit her lip, her eyes once again shimmering with tears. "K-Kurama" she said, her voice breaking. "When you told me that day that maybe we should, you know, go our separate ways, I though my world was going to end. You had become my whole life! I loved you so much it hurt to even think about you ever leaving me. And when you did, I could have killed myself. You really hurt me that day, Kurama, and I don't want it happening again. EVER." She looked away and stared off into the dark depths of the forest undergrowth.

He almost broke down in tears at her words. Yanking her back into a tight embrace he whispered fiercely into her ear, "I'll never let you go!" Crying once again, but this time out of pure and utter joy, Haven hugged him in return, her hands lightly stroking his strong back. Kurama nuzzled her neck and breathed in deeply, taking in the scents of her that had haunted his dreams and tickled his nose endlessly for the past few months. Trailing light kisses up her smooth neck and along her jawline, he finally reached her mouth and pulled back, leaving about half an inch of space between their lips. Gazing at him through long lashes, Haven closed the gap between them and planted her lips firmly on his.

Liquid fire raced through his body and molten lava pounded in his veins. Her searing kiss burned within him again, just like it had so many months ago. This was what he had longed for and dreamed of so much…this is what he had been waiting for ever since that very first day when he had seen her again. When she had come back to him. Molding his lips to hers, he caressed her waist and sides with clawed hands, barely brushing her skin. Trembling slightly, she parted her lips and ran her tongue over his mouth. Moaning slightly, he opened his in response and their tongues intertwined, dancing to the rhythm of their heartbeats.

Parting eventually for the mutual need for air, the two foxes stood and gazed at each other for the longest time, memorizing the face of the other and imprinting it in their minds eternally. Gold eyes locked with gold eyes and silver and gold hair mingled in the slight breeze. The stars hanging high above sang softly amongst themselves and the moon looked down with a motherly glow as forgiveness between the two danced liked sparks in the air…

***************

The next day dawned chill and gray, the skies hanging heavily over the Makai seeming to press down upon the little group, almost smothering them. Haven seemed restless, her tails always swishing and her ears turning every which way at each small little noise. The boys exchanged glances behind her back, looking to Kurama for some explanation, but the confused kitsune had none to offer. After the tenth time she had jumped when one of the other's spoke to her, Kurama finally came out and asked, "What's wrong?" But she only shook her head at him and once the group started hiking again, she calmed down.

As the five friends began another day-long trek through the Makai, sun beams pierced through the clouds like swords, and soon there was not a cloud to be seen in the entire sapphire sky. Haven's nine tails swirled behind her and soon Kurama's own reached out and were soon intertwined with hers. The two walked hand in hand and there seemed to be a happy glow about them as they strolled through the sun-lit Makai. It was an almost painful reminder to Kurama of their days last summer, when they had strolled along just like this, the sun shining and a world full of prospects waiting just ahead of them.

Grinning, he reached over and nudged his kitsune lover, whispering into her ear. She grinned back and flicked her gleaming golden hair over a shoulder. Taking a deep breath, she opened her mouth and burst into song.

Everyone is a soldier, fighting with themselves, overcoming suffering, looking for tomorrow. Soldier of love! I'm a soldier fighting to protect you. Love is the power to give birth to miracles. Soldier of love!

Yusuke looked back at the two kitsune and a huge grin broke out on his face. Hiei, also smiled, though not as noticeably; this was where they all belonged. Together. With Haven singing, and Yusuke grinning, and Kurama happy enough to burst. This was how everything was supposed to be.

The only one of the small group who didn't seem to be happy was Kuwabara, and the tall youth was now looking around with narrowed eyes, a crease appearing on his forehead. Returning his gaze to in front of him, Yusuke noticed Kuwabara's edginess and gently punched the other boy's arm. "Kuwabara?" Getting no response he asked again, "Kuwabara?"

When the tall youth responded by shushing him fiercely, Yusuke immediately sensed something was wrong. His guard flared up and his entire being stood on alert. He motioned to Hiei whose right hand flew immediately to the hilt of his sword. Have and Kurama seemed oblivious to it all, wrapped up in their love they were still walked and laughing, not noticing that the others had stopped until the ran full into them.

With a startled squawk, Haven jumped back, dragging Kurama with her. Their laughter faded and died as both sensed the wary vibes emanating from their friends. "What is it?" Haven asked, her and Kurama's tails bristling.

"It's him," Kuwabara said. He didn't have to specify which "who" for the others to know whom he was speaking about. "Oh…my gosh…" Haven breathed and her face went dead white.