Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Going to America ❯ Going to America ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Don't own YuYuHakusho! Wish we did, but we don't
 
Chapter 2: Going to America
 
Kurama and Hiei stepped outside of the car. Hiei went to get their two bags out of the trunk while Kurama said goodbye to his mother.
"Shuichi, are you sure you don't want me to go to the terminal with you?" Shiori asked.
"Don't worry about me, mother. I'll be fine. You need to get to work." Kurama said kindly.
"I can't help it." A tear rolled down Shiori's face. "My little boy is going to America!"
Kurama wiped the tear off his mother's cheek. "Please don't cry. I'll be fine." Kurama reassured her, giving her a big hug. Shiori hugged him back. When they let go of each other, Shiori looked over at Hiei.
"Are you sure you can trust that boy? Why does he have a katana?"
"Mother, Hiei is a very good friend of mine. And as for the katana, it's fake. He just likes carrying it around."
"If you say so..." Shiori looked at her watch. "I need to get to work. Be careful, Shuichi!" She gave Kurama a quick kiss and got back in the car.
"Goodbye!" Kurama called after Shiori as he watched her drive off. Kurama turned towards Hiei when he couldn't see the car anymore.
Hiei shoved a bag into Kurama's arms. "Come on, Kitsune. We're going to be late."
Yusuke, Kuwabara, Yukina, Botan, and Genkai were waiting for them in the lobby. Yusuke turned towards Kurama and Hiei, laughing.
"It's about time you guys got here! We were beginning to think you two wouldn't come!"
"Come on, all of you. We need to get to the terminal." Genkai said. Everyone dropped their bags off at the counter and followed Genkai upstairs. When they got to the metal detector, Kurama looked over at Hiei nervously.
When Hiei stepped through the metal detector, the siren started ringing. One of the flight attendants looked at Hiei closely. Her eyes widened when she noticed the katana.
"He's got a sword!" she cried. She pushed a button underneath the counter, sending for the police. A security guard came and grabbed both of Hiei's arms and held him tight.
"You're not going anywhere, shrimp." the security guard snickered. Hiei slipped out of the guards grasp and threw him against the wall, knocking him unconscious.
A police officer came up the stairs, coming towards Hiei. The officer aimed his gun at Hiei. "Put down the sword."
Genkai stepped between Hiei and the officer. With her spirit energy, she knocked out the officer and the people working the metal detector.
"Come on."
"Nice work shorty!" Kuwabara yelled at Hiei. "Because of you we almost got arrested!"
"Be quiet, Kuwabara." Hiei threatened. "That is unless you wish to be on the floor with those other fools."
"Kazuma! Hiei-sama!" Yukina cried, coming between the two of them. "Please stop fighting."
Hiei and Kuwabara turned away from each other and followed the rest of the group upstairs.
"Would all those going to Greenville, South Carolina in America please board the plane now! I repeat. Would all those going to Greenville, South Carolina in America please board the plane now!" called the announcer.
"That's your flight." Genkai said.
"We have to get on that." Hiei asked uneasily, looking through the window at the plane.
"Yeah." Kuwabara looked at him and smirked. "Why? Are you afraid?"
Hiei glared at Kuwabara. "Of course not."
Kuwabara snickered. Hiei's hands went to Kuwabara's throat.
"Say one more thing to me, and your head will roll." Hiei said dangerously. Kuwabara gulped and nodded his head. Hiei dropped him to the floor. "Good." Kuwabara inched away from Hiei and stood next to Yukina.
Genkai glared at them. "Moving on. A friend of mine will meet you at the airport in Greenville. He will take you to your new home."
"How will we know who he is?" Kurama asked.
"He'll be wearing a long, black cloak. His name is Kyoko. Yusuke has met him before."
"Oh yeah! I remember him" Yusuke said, grinning.
Botan jumped up and down next to Genkai. "Have fun you guys!" Botan turned serious for a minute. "But remember, you can not let them find out who you are."
"We know! We know!" Yusuke said.
"Last call for those going to America. I repeat. This is the last call for those going to America!" called the announcer.
"We should probably leave." Kurama said, walking towards the terminal.
"Kazuma! Yusuke! Wait up!" Shizuru and Keiko ran towards them, panting. Yusuke and Kuwabara looked scared for a minute. Shizuru whacked Kuwabara on the head. "Idiot! Were you really going to leave without saying goodbye!" Shizuru yelled.
Kuwabara rubbed his head. "I was gonna call when we got there!" he screamed at her. Shizuru shoved a bag into her brother's chest. Kuwabara looked at it. "What's this?"
"They're sandwiches. Me and Keiko made one for each of you. We made your favorites."
"Thanks, Sis!"
Shizuru hugged Kuwabara tightly. "You'd better be careful, little brother." When she let go, she looked over at Yukina. "Watch him for me. Make sure he doesn't do anything stupid."
Yukina giggled. "Okay, Shizuru."
Keiko walked up to Yusuke. "You almost forgot Pu." Keiko placed Pu on top of Yusuke's head.
"Thanks Keiko." Yusuke said quietly, looking at her.
"Yusuke, please be careful. Try not to be wreck less."
Yusuke sighed. "You sound like my mom." Yusuke laughed and tweaked her nose. "Don't worry about me. I'll be fine."
Keiko smiled. "Don't forget to write to me. If I don't get a letter from you, I'll be coming down there myself."
"I hate to break this up, but you all need to get on the plane, now!" Genkai said.
"Yeah, yeah. We got it, grandma." Yusuke said. Everyone said their final goodbyes as Yusuke, Kuwabara, Kurama, Hiei, and Yukina boarded the plane.
Yusuke dropped into one of the chairs. "Nice and comfy!" Everyone took their seats just as the plane took off.
* * * * * * * * *
Yusuke stepped out of the terminal, yawning. "Well that was fun!" He stretched and looked around, trying to find Kyoko.
"So where is he?" Hiei asked.
"I'm right here." said a voice. Yusuke looked around. He saw a tall guy with long black hair and a black cloak coming towards them. "I'll be taking you to your new home." He bowed. "I am Kyoko."
"Hey, Kyoko!" Yusuke said.
"Hello." Kurama smiled.
"Yo!" Kuwabara grinned.
"Hn." Hiei grunted.
"Hi." Yukina said.
"Come. Follow me." Kyoko led them to baggage claim and then outside to the parking lot. They al loaded into a purple van and drove off.
"So, how was the flight?" Kyoko asked them.
"It was pretty good." Kuwabara answered. "The food was great."
"But Kazuma, you slept the whole time." Yukina told him.
"Ya, Kuwabara." Yusuke said, looking back at him. "Besides, they didn't serve and food. We ate your sister's sandwiches. Speaking of which..." Yusuke tossed a bag at Kuwabara. "You still need to eat yours."
"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." Kuwabara said, embarrassed. He started eating his sandwich and shut up. Everyone was quiet for the rest of the trip.
A few minutes later, Kyoko stopped in front of a large, brick house.
"This is where you all will be living for the next four years. As you know, your beds and some of your clothes are already there."
Yusuke, Kuwabara, Kurama, Hiei, and Yukina stepped out of the car. They grabbed their belongings, thanked Kyoko, and went inside.
"Well, this is nice!" Yukina said. She started to explore the house. Hiei sat next to the wall and fell asleep. Yusuke went to go find his room. Kuwabara went into the kitchen and finished his sandwich.
"Kuwabara, I'm going to look around outside for a little bit." Kurama said. Kuwabara waked and continued eating.
Kurama walked outside and closed the door behind him. He looked around. There were flowers and trees everywhere. A light breeze blew through the grass. Kurama closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He could feel the heat of somebody else's eyes on him. He opened his own and looked up. A girl with short, brown hair, pointed ears, and glasses was watching him from the road.
"Hello." Kurama said, smiling at the girl. He walked over to her and introduced himself. "My name is Shuichi Minaminno. My friends and I just moved in."
"I am Irika." The girl bowed and smiled. "I'm your next door neighbor. Me and two of my friends live next to you." Irika pointed at the house next to Kurama's. "I expect you'll meet them soon enough."
"Would you be able to show me around?" Kurama asked politely.
"I would, but I can't. I need to go work on something. I just wanted to see what was going on over here." Irika bowed again. "It was very nice to meet you."
"A pleasure."
Irika walked towards her house and went inside. When she was gone, Kurama got the packet Botan had given him and came back outside. On the first page was the names of the three demons. He looked closely at the names. Irika was one of the demons.