Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Heaven or Hell ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

In this story Reikai is Heaven and Makai is Hell, Kurama is hikari no tenchi of Reikai and Hiei is a kuro no tenchi of Makai. When the two met they form a love so forbidden it could cost them their lives.

Title: Heaven or Hell

Author: Koritsune Dragonrider

Rating: PG (rating may change)

Disclaimers: Does it look like I own them?

Warnings: AU (I love AU's) Yaoi (I love yaois!) KH (Kurama and Hiei 4-ever!)

Chapter I

Kurama sat in the grass field as the wind played with his crimson hair and white wings. Not far from him his brother Youko watched him with his silver ears and golden eyes looking out for any trouble. Kurama giggled at his brother's serious face.

"Aniki, Makai hasn't attack in over three million years, they're not going to attack now. They're sealed."

"You'll never know," said Youko. "They could attack."

"Youko, you're just being paranoid."

Kurama opened his wings and let a soft breeze lift him in the air. He laughed as eh looked down at his brother below.

"Come on, Aniki!" he yelled. "I'll race you back home!"

Youko smiled and opened his wings. They flew above the tree line and Kurama gave the count.

"On your mark. Get set. GO!"

Kurama and Youko rocketed across the sky, flapping their wings every few seconds to stay up. When they neared the city the shot through the market place and people had to jump aside to let them through.

"There they go again," said one angel.

"Always playful," said another. "Wouldn't be surprised if Prince Kurama set Prince Youko up for that race."

Kurama dodged around a corner and looked behind him to see his brother closely following. He giggled as Youko tried to catch up with his younger brother.

"Face it, aniki, you can't beat me!"

"I'll beat you someday!"

Kurama laughed and dodged another passerby as he neared the Gates of Judgment and the guards quickly flew open the door. Kurama shot through the halls as he neared their father's throne room, servant and attendants dodged aside to keep from getting a collision, and halted outside the door, youko behind him.

"I win!" he squealed. Youko gave a tiny smile at his younger brother.

"That you did, Kurama. Good race."

"Good race."

"Yes," said a voice behind them, "and you've disturbed over half the market place."

The two brothers turned around to find their father Koenma walking toward them, his golden wings catching the setting sun. The two bowed respectively to him as Koenma approached them. (A/N Koenma will be in teenage form through out this story.)

"Genkun,(1)" they said.

"Another race." Both brothers nodded, guilty faces looking at the ground. "Who won?"

Kurama beamed at the thought of not getting in trouble. "I did!"

"That's excellent. You may win the race this year."

"You think so?"

"I know so."

"Thanks, Father."

Koenma nodded and left. Kurama and Youko walked back to Kurama's room to get ready for supper.

"I don't see why Father praises you," said Youko. "I'm the elder so why don't I get praise."

"I am the next in line. Since you were adopted you are not an alignment heir and so I am."

Youko snorted as the door opened and Botan walked in.

"Another race I see," she said and the two nodded.

"Good evening, Koutaigou,(2)" said the brothers and she nodded a greeting at the two. "Thinking of joining in the race this year for the Sky Festival?"

"Of course, mother," said Kurama. "Only if I race against aniki again."

"I can beat you anytime," said Youko.

"Like you beat me today?"

"You got a head start!"

"Boys," said Botan quickly getting their attention, "get ready for supper."

Both brothers nodded and she left. Kurama went to a basin and filled it with water.

"See what I mean!" said Youko. "Every one praises you! Why can't I? I'm your protector and I've risked my life to keep you safe."

"Brother, there's nothing to protect me from! The wars ended three thousand years ago, it's over. It's now a time of peace."

"Peace never lasts forever."

"Whatever." And he splashed some water on him, making Youko growl. "Come on. They're expecting us."

TBC

(1)Honored Father

(2)Queen Mother

Feel free to send comments, praises, and death threats through your reviews!