Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Kurama's First Love ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: As I stated in the first chapter, I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho.

Chapter 6:

Shiro smirked. "So?" she asked, her hands on her hips.

Kurama looked at her, his eyes full of determination. If someone was in danger, that was definitely a priority to him.

"Lead the way," he said, not worrying about school.

The demonic girl smiled, then, turned quickly on her heel. She dashed off, leaving Kurama to follow in her wake.

Kurama sighed. `Just another day,' he thought. `Fighting demons and saving innocent humans.'

Running quickly, Kurama caught up to her. "Just where are we going?" he asked, alongside her.

"To Makai of course," she said, not bothering to look at him. "Where else would they be?"

Kurama nodded.

After traveling through a thicket of trees, a portal came into view; it apparently led into the very heart of Makai.

"We're here," Shiro said, hopping lightly onto the stump of a tree. "And this is where I leave you."

Kurama carefully approached the glowing portal. He reached his hand through it, nothing happened.

"Good luck Chikyuu-jin," she said, disappearing once again.

Taking a deep breath, he walked through the barrier separating Ningenkai and Makai.

~*~ (just a change in scene)

Kurama fell from the sky, crashing into the ground. He lie there for a few seconds, and slowly got to his feet. He looked around.

He now stood at the entrance to a large castle, which was stationed atop a hill.

"This must be it," he said, walking towards the building. He drew a rose from his hair, transforming it into his rose whip. He was ready for anything.

With a small push, the door creaked open. The entry way was dark, and from what Kurama saw, bones littered the path.

"Lovely," he said, walking cautiously.

On the walls there were pictures, mostly drawn in red paint; or was it blood? A crunching sound echoed through the hall as Kurama strode toward a light at the end of the tunnel. He reached a second door.

"This is far too easy," he said, glancing at the door. "Surely there would have been some type of trap by now."

Kurama reached for the handle, remembering that he had a time restraint. This door creaked also as it opened.

Inside was a grand room, such as one you would find in a mansion. The floor was tile, the ceiling was high, and music was playing in the background. It unnerved him.

`What's going on here?' he wondered, looking about the room.

"Welcome," said a voice, the same voice Kurama had heard just a few moments ago.

"I've been expecting you," the woman's voice said.

Kurama stepped further into the room, gazing for the speaker. "Shiro?" he asked, recognizing the voice.

"Very good," she said, appearing just a few feet away from him. "It seems you've found my hide-out."

"Your hide-out?" Kurama asked.

"Yes," she replied, nodding.

"Where is the one who sent you? Where is - "

"Oh, no one actually sent me," she interrupted, smirking.

"Then what's going on here?" he asked.

Shiro took a step towards Kurama. "You've just fallen into my trap," she said.

Kurama blinked; everything was going too fast, even for him. He was still trying to understand what was going on.

"You mean you're the one who kidnapped her?" he asked slowly.

"Well, you could say that," she replied, turning her head. "Or you could just say that she and I are one being."

The pale demon transformed her appearance to that of the human girl Kurama fancied. "You see?" she asked in the higher pitched voice.

Kurama stared, his mouth agape.

"Oh come now Kurama, don't look at me like that," she said, smiling.

"B-but you," he stuttered.

"Yes, I'm a demon. You really should have listened to your short friend," she said. "He was the only one who knew the truth, he tried to tell you, but you wouldn't listen to him."

The now human Shiro took another step towards him. "And now, you shall never leave this castle alive."

Big surprise! Hiei had indeed been correct, there was a demon in the school, and it was the person they least suspected! More chapters coming soon!

Kawaii Youko ^_~