Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Lady Fox ❯ The Case/ History lesson ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey, I'm back. I found a little time to write this. I'll write one more chapter then I will completely focus on my Inuyasha Fic. I love all who review. The chapters probably won't get longer till later chapters. If you like Kuwabara, I apologize. I do make fun of him a little.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

"Yes that is my real name." I laughed to myself at their faces, which seemed to memorize every detail of my body. Kurama was the most polite and said, "A pleasure to meet you Rika. I never expected to meet my retired obsessed, copycat, fan." "I am not overly obsessed. I also am better. I've never gotten caught." "One time, and nobody in the three worlds lets me forget it." "You were the best, but I took your throne. Though I'm still only considered the best female thief." Hiei commented and said, "Yes, I've heard rumors about a female kitsune with abilities that matched Kurama's. I've also heard that her appearance is just as impressive. Everybody knows what you stole, but nobody can prove it was you." "You've done your research. I'm impressed." Just then Hiei went for his sword at attacked me. I dodged all and managed to bring my rose whip to his neck. "I see that you wanted to test my abilities. I pride myself on my speed. That is what kept me from getting caught. I also did my research. An impressive assassin/thief with a jagan was caught, but I didn't get a lot of info including the name because the information was sealed." Hiei seemed upset when I mentioned this. I was not unhappy because I found him arrogant. Then a woman saying his name awakened Yusuke who had been sleeping. I just put my illusion up as the woman entered. She had blue hair, and seemed angry as she said, "Koenma just assigned a case." I took my leave and went home.

Kurama's POV

"Yes that is my real name." I could not help but stare a little. She was about my height with silver hair that fell to the middle of her back. She had a great shape with long legs made for running. I quickly turned my gaze to her face so I did not offend her. "A pleasure to meet you Rika. I never expected to meet my retired, obsessed, copycat fan." She seemed slightly agitated and said, "I'm not overly obsessed. I am also better. I've never been caught." I could believe that people still talked about how I was caught and I voiced that thought. She claimed to be the best though she didn't get the same respect because she was female. Hiei who always knew the legends ands rumors told us what he knew about Youko Rika. It is not surprising that he knew about her, that is how he found me. Hiei then started a small fight, which he lost. She then dispensed info about him. Soon after Botan appeared outside the door and she left. Botan informed us of the case. A group of four fighters that would have been at the latest Dark Tournament if they hadn't decided to withdraw their team when they heard that humans were fighting was starting to cause trouble by kill numerous people and keeping their souls. The tournament that they withdrew from we happened to win. The case would be extremely challenging for two reasons. One- they were all more powerful than Toguro had been at his strongest. Two- we needed a replacement fighter because Kuwabara was not nearly strong or clever enough to take them on. We were more likely to live because we had trained while Kuwabara was focused on Yukina. I knew just who to ask. Though it would not be easy because I know she didn't want to follow the rules or help detectives and Koenma would approve of her. Oh well.

End POV

I had just finished my advanced calculus, which I loathe, when Kurama knocked on my door. I invited him in and told my mom that we were working on a project. The moment we entered my room I asked, "Why are you here?" "What you can search me out, but I can't talk to you" He said this with his most charming smile that if I were not as stubborn would have melted me. (Who would not have melted?) "No, but I know you have a reason for wanting to talk with me." "Very perceptive. Yes, I do have a reason. I actually need you help." He then explained about the fighters and how they needed the extra help. I now knew why he had used that smile. I was about to decline when I saw that he had the saddest look on his face that humans would call the `sad puppy face'. I agreed which turned that sad face into a smile. (Wouldn't you have agreed?) He left to approve my presence on the team. I asked him to leave out my real name and he agreed. As he was leaving he hugged me and smiled. I glared at him then smiled also. I hate that just because he is sexy, charming, smart, ext. that he can win over anybody. Though it is true. The next day after detention, which I shared with Yusuke because the evil alarm clock didn't work, Kurama told me that I would be working with them. He also told me that Koenma knew me as Hana. I was pleased since I would be working with my idol and I wouldn't get arrested. I also figured that if they ever did prove I stole something that I would get a milder punishment because I helped them. I asked Kurama if he could stop by later because I had a surprise.

When he arrived I asked him, "Are you more powerful as you are now or in you true form?" "My true form, why?" "I have the ability to change you back to your original form, but only if you want to." "What! Are you serious?" "Yes, I am. What is your choice?" "Um… I'll chose…"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~

Cliffy! Yay! I just love those, don't you? *Readers throw evil looks as well as other things* I love reviews. They seem to make me write faster. Oh by the way, I'm collecting votes on what Kurama chooses. You tell me. I think he is hot either way. So tell me. A- stay the same B- become Youko Kurama (with the memories of Shuuichi) I'll write the next chapter when I get enough votes.

I updated because my spelling was horrible. Oh, I've still only got one vote people. If you want a new chapter, tell me what you want him to choose. I have an idea about what could happen if he turned, but I want to know what you want. If you want to know You have to review. NaNa! *Runs away from readers throwing stuff at her* Ja Ne.