Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Love can be Hell ❯ Confusion and despair ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Hasn't changed and won't change through the rest of the story… We own our OC's and not the people you know…
 
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
Chapter 2: Confusion and despair
 
~*Ningenkai, Kurama's school*~
At last, Math class was over and most of the students rushed out to enjoy the rest of their afternoon. Internally wishing she could enjoy herself like the others, she took her time to gather her stuff. The teacher finished speaking to a student, then left the room to go to the teacher's lounge and get his stuff, leaving Hisa, Kurama and another student inside the classroom. Hisa carefully slung her backpack onto her right shoulder, grabbed her binder and started heading out, walking past the two students silently.
 
Once she was in the deserted hallway illuminated by the bright sun light, she turned to go to her locker when she heard footsteps coming out of the room she just left. Without glancing back she picked up her pace, “Miss!” called a gentle voice as the footsteps approached her, she mentally sighed and slowed her pace then stopped and turned around. “I'm sorry, you're name is Hisa correct?” asked a kind handsome teenager smiling at her. Hisa nodded shyly, trying not to look into his eyes, she wondered what color they were.
 
All she could see from staring at his shoulder was flashing red hair and a red uniform, “I think you must have dropped this.” he told her as he opened his hand in front of her to show a keychain, “Oh… yes… Thanks.” muttered Hisa softly, grabbing the keys as her skin brushed against his. Did it suddenly smell like roses? She quickly glanced up and saw shining emerald eyes looking down at her, that guy must be at least 5'8 and she was only a mere 5'5. Hisa started to feel a little uncomfortable under that friendly gaze, she wasn't used to it to say the least…
 
It was only when the clock chimed three o'clock that her eyes widened and she sharply turned around, “Sorry… I have to go.” she said softly before walking to her locker quickly without glancing back once at the smiling red haired boy, she didn't even know his name and he knew hers. Well, she was used to it… People always seemed to know her and she had no clue why, maybe they liked talking about her behind her back. As she walked away, Kurama's smile fainted and he was left thoughtful, then he said good bye to the last student and went home.
 
~*Makai*~
Hiei growled in annoyance at that onna, “Hn. If you wish to die, attack me.” he taunted as he took a defensive stance, his katana glimmering in front of him. The girl wearing a dark blue fitted shirt with black capris snorted, “I don't give up an assignment even under threats.” she replied her voice still soft. Hiei's eyes narrowed, so she was hired to kill him? “Who sent you?” he asked harshly his crimson eyes glaring at that girl, he could smell vampire but also fire and shadow powers.
 
Kikyou grinned, “I'll tell you once you're dead.” she replied courteously and threw a scythe at his face, which he easily deflected with one flick of the wrist. Kikyou's weapon went flying and embedded itself in the trunk of a tree as Hiei smirked and blurred out of sight. `Where did he go?' pondered Kikyou before her second scythe was knocked out of her hands and she was pushed against the bark of a tall tree with something cold against her throat. She blinked and noticed two red orbs were glaring at her, and they were really close, so close she could see her reflection in his iris.
 
“Who sent you?” he asked again his voice emotionless, his shining katana pressed against Kikyou's throat just hard enough to draw a small trickle of blood. She didn't answer and suddenly she was engulfed in shadow as she teleports behind Hiei and kicked his back then ran to get one of her weapons. Quickly recovering from the blow, Hiei blurred behind her and slashed her back as she emitted a hiss of pain. Quickly swinging her scythe behind her she thought she at least scratched Hiei but no, he had blurred away in time.
 
`She's fast.' he thought his eyes narrowed as he dodged all sorts of attacks coming from her. So they fought for a good half an hour, Kikyou managed to break Hiei's katana with her shadow powers and it was like playing cat and mouse. That is before Hiei decided to end this game and kicked the girl in the stomach, sending her collide against a large boulder. As quickly as the last time, his katana, the sharp broken end, was at her neck again, his blade almost covering the thin line of dried blood. “Who sent you?” he growled at her.
 
Kikyou sighed, her weapons were broken and she was a little tired, “Just kill me.” she sighed deeply and closed her eyes, either way she would die if she didn't kill him so why wait? Surprise flittered through Hiei's eyes for a few seconds, “Hn.” he replied, and with one last push on her throat, his shattered weapon was back in its sheath and he was walking away in the beautiful scenery consisting of trees cut in small pieces and the rare flowers trampled on once too many times.
 
Kikyou opened her eyes and saw him leave, “Hey!” she called as she walked after him, `Why didn't he kill me?' she thought while catching up to him. She was taller than him by approximately a head and her long hair was probably half his height. Hiei ignored that annoying onna and kept on walking, looking straight ahead. After about, oh let's say… fifteen minutes of being annoyed on why he didn't kill her he was forced to answer.
 
“Damare. Or I'll kill you now.” He snapped back, `The woods are never quiet.' he grumbled mentally as Kikyou kept following him around. `Does she every quit?' he was now growing angry, his crimson eyes darting to the side to get a glance at her hoping he wouldn't see her again on his trail, it was really getting on his nerves. Kikyou walked behind him, observing his weird spiked black hair, `He's weird all right… Not exactly what I call proper manners. You either kill or injure, he did neither.' she thought while the cut on her back was slowly healing.
 
~*Ningenkai*~
Hisa was rushing through the crowded streets, trying to go as fast as she could without bumping into anyone. Her face was pale, her stomach lurching around and her mind in turmoil. `Why did I have to be late?' she thought desperately as she finally reached the street she lived on, having moved here two days ago. She opened her tight fist to get the keys out when she noticed the door was open, taking in a deep breath she took a step inside. Instantly there was a hand grabbing her by the color of her uniform and pulling her inside, the door slamming shut noisily.
 
Hisa looked up, fear covering her facial features, “Why are you late?” barked her father still holding her up by the collar. “I- I lo- lost my k- keys…” she stuttered trying to explain herself to avoid any unnecessary punishment, though she knew it was pointless. Even if she had an excuse, it wouldn't be enough. “Liar! They're in your hand!” shouted her father while slapping her, leaving a red, sore cheek. Hisa whimpered slightly, trying to stay quiet, it only annoyed her father more when she was `weak' so to speak in his own words.
 
Her father stood at a good 5'9, his black hair was a bit frizzy but never well cared for, always tangled up and it was short. He had dark brown eyes gleaming of rage under his glasses and a mustache. When Hisa's mother came in the hallway, he let Hisa go, still glaring murderously and started yelling at her mother, explaining why you were late. Her mother, on the other side was a complete mystery. Some days she could be as cruel as her husband towards her daughter while some times she tried to save her from more beatings or most of the time, she just stayed out of the matter.
 
Today apparently, was one of the latter, she shrugged and gathered her belongings, walking past Hisa and going outside. “We're going. You have until 11 to clean up this mess.” growled her father signifying if the house wasn't clean, she'd get what she deserved. Hisa looked behind her, there were piles of boxes everywhere, stacked one on the other. Most of the boxes were in the hallway, next to the stairs, some on the stairs, some in the living room and some in the kitchen. “Understand?” he snapped as he pushed her against the nearest stack of boxes, which fell on her.
 
Her father snickered and slammed the door behind him, leaving his daughter sobbing under fallen boxes. Slowly, Hisa tried to sit up, the boxes on her legs rolling off to reveal ugly blue and purple bruises. The toughest was to get the boxes off her arms and back, they were heaviest. After struggling a bit, she finally managed to get all the boxes next to her as she contemplated her arms and les. The skin was scratched and red as if she had been a snake and changed skins. Unfortunately, she was no slithering reptile and she pulled the skin off her arms, a few drops of blood quickly drying up.
 
Hisa sighed heavily and looked around at the house once more, nothing was unpacked. Except for some furniture such as tables, chairs and sofas; even the TV box was on its piece of furniture, waiting to be opened. A single tear rolled down Hisa's cheek but she quickly wiped it away, it was only proof that she truly was what her father always called her, `weak.' Hisa looked at her watch, it was 3:11, she had until 11 pm to make the house look appealing to anyone to live in. Sighing deeply again, she read the note on a box and started heading towards the proper room, `I'll take care of myself once I'm done.' she thought miserably, not daring to give her father another reason to get to her.
 
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
Even though this is my nteenth story I still think my battle scenes suck more or less… Any constructive criticism strongly encouraged for me to somewhat improve. Hope you like it so far. Thanks for the reviews! =)
 
Painin Uranus: Thank you so much! I hope you read the edited version of chapter 1… And I hope it's much better now. I had never noticed our OC's were similar, but something happens later and changes the appearance of one. Not that I have to stick to it like rock, I'll change that too I have an excellent idea now…