Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Love can be Hell ❯ Truth can be painful ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: No, still nothing has changed. We own our OC's and well… the rest we own in our dreams… >.> Not even. I own titles? Does that count?
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
Chapter 3: Truth can be painful
 
~*Ningenkai*~
Hisa panted as she set down in a small room the very last box, hers. It contained all her life, her small, precious and rare possessions. It was 10:56 pm and she was done at last after putting away all the kitchen dishes, the numerous books on the proper shelves, the files in her dad's desk and especially paid close attention to her parent's room. If their room wasn't perfect, she was finished. It was that specific room that took her the longest, every tiny detail from the old house flashing in front of her eyes. Now having a bit of time for herself, four minutes was better than nothing, she headed to the newly arranged bathroom.
 
Hisa quickly took the bandages and some alcohol and headed back to her so called room, she had nothing in it except a bed, a mirror on the door of her ridiculously small closet, a broken desk and that was it. She quietly closed the door and sat on her bed that had no sheets, just an old, uncomfortable dilapidated mattress full of holes from which the foam came out. The front door opened loudly as it crashed into the wall, she heard heavy footsteps and assumed her parents were back. Hisa hurriedly disinfected her wounds and put cream on them, she couldn't miss the second say of school!
 
`I hope he finds it ok, I hope he finds it ok.' prayed Hisa silently, listening closely for any odd sounds. The door of her room swung open, a bright light drowning the person who opened it in darkness. The breath in Hisa's lungs seemed to have frozen, it wasn't her dad… it was a stranger, apparently his boss. With wide eyes she managed to clumsily crawl back a little before the door was slammed shut, plunging them both into shadows. Hisa's parents didn't exactly sell her, it was more of an arrangement her father usually passed with his new boss each time they moved.
 
The boss would use Hisa as his punching puppet for an hour or two, and her dad would receive more money than he really earned. Simple really. Hisa had always managed to get through school by hiding her bruises in every possible way, makeup for her face but that was rarer, long sleeves under her uniform though she'd get yelled at by the teachers, and for the legs… Well she always had to come up with some sort of excuse since she couldn't possibly wear pants under a skirt.
 
Somehow this new boss did not look like the others, not at all. Hisa was now against the wall under the window, shaking ever so slightly as the man took menacing steps forward. Even though she couldn't really see his facial expression, she had the sick impression he was grinning like a mad man who escaped an asylum. For the next two hours, the heavy silence in the house was broken with glass shattering sounds, body colliding and such other joyful noises. Finally, the boss left Hisa's room and talked with her dad for a few minutes before leaving the house, and a really messy room with a limp unconscious teenager behind.
 
~*Makai*~
”Stop following me!” growled Hiei in annoyance as the vampiress had been tagging along although he despised the idea, but no matter what he said he couldn't get her to stop. Kikyou didn't reply, `That guy's just a short bully.' she thought with bitterness, `But then why am I following him? Oh yeah, I wanna know why he didn't kill me…' she shook her head, smiling sadly at herself. How could she almost forget? “So why didn't you kill me?” she asked Hiei for the gazillionth time. Hiei ignored her again, “Are you ignoring me just when it's useful to you?” inquired a getting pissed off Kikyou, Hiei just kept on walking, a smirk appearing on his lips.
 
“Hmph!” she snorted, “You know I could knock you out and bring you back so they could torture you.” added Kikyou glaring at Hiei's back, he was so short but had such an attitude that made her want to back hand him until he answered her or at least looked at her! Kikyou knew though that she couldn't fight him, he had proven himself a lot faster than her and he broke her weapons, `But I did break his too.' she thought arguing whether or not to take the chance and still fulfill her job.
 
“You could, but you won't.” came a cold answer breaking the silence that had settled in between the two. Kikyou looked up at Hiei, surprise on her face for a few seconds before she recomposed herself, “Are you certain?” she asked with a smirk, looking at him as if telling him she was capable of doing anything. “If you wanted to, you would have already tried.” he replied just as coldly as before, quickly glancing back at her before his stare was directed back in front of him. Kikyou stared at him with a blank expression, could he possibly know she would never do that according to her simple set of honorable principles?
 
Kikyou's lips stretched into a gentle smile, “I would never, that's true. It's not my style. Besides… you're too great of a fighter to land in a trap like that.” she said admiring his skills. While we all know that Hiei never shows he is flattered, Kikyou didn't really know much about his character, other than he was really stubborn and cold. Hiei glanced back at her one more time, said nothing, and looked back at the path in front of him. The flowers' scent was filling his nostrils along with a strange new smell, the scent of a female demon who kept following him.
 
~*Ningenkai*~
The next day at school during the last class, Kurama noticed Hisa wasn't there. `That's strange… She didn't look like the type to ditch on the second day.' he thought while packing his stuff once the bell rang, he picked up his bag and headed home, his eyes wandering on the smooth looking grey clouds. `There was something… different about her.' he started thinking about Hisa's strange aura, was it? `Not… spirit energy yet… it's as if she could feel when someone's in great pain.' he kept on thinking and barely noticed when he arrived in front of his building. His subconscious took over and walked him back inside and forced him out of his torpor so he would start the little homework he had.
 
When Hisa woke up it was already late afternoon, her body was aching and sore, her stomach rumbling loudly for some food. Standing up weakly she looked at her pale reflection in the mirror and sighed heavily, a lot of covering up to do for tomorrow. `Tomorrow!? Oh no! I missed a day of school! What are they going to say? What if they ask me—they ask me…' she started panicking then buried her face in her hands, biting back her tears. `Calm down… They've always asked… and never noticed before a week or two.' she took deep breaths and stood up on shaky legs, opening the door silently.
 
No one in sight, she limped out of the room and downstairs, still no one. She took a deep breath and dragged herself in the kitchen, no one! `They must have… something to do.' she tried to reassure herself, opening the fridge to get a small bite of—what was that? Hisa closed the fridge slowly, there was some sort of liquid sticking to her hand. Carefully taking her hand off the handle, she turned her palm towards the ceiling and her eyes widened. She quickly stepped away from the fridge, looking at her hand one more time. There was no doubt about it, that crimson sticky substance was blood. Hisa turned her gaze towards the floor, how could she have missed it?
 
There were blood stains all over the tiles, leaving a trail leading into the family room. Hisa's heart pounded loudly in her rib cage, taking slow and silent steps, she followed the blood and her eyes widened at the horrible sight. She was surprise she didn't faint but her stomach lurched as if she was going to throw up. Flashes of her childhood playing before her blood red eyes, she snapped them closed suddenly and staggered backwards. `Not again… He can't have… Not—again…' Hisa thought sickly, a hand covering her mouth as she forced herself up the stairs, her face livid and her body shaking in horror.
 
Slowly closing the door behind her, Hisa lays down on her bed, feeling really sick. Later during the night she heard footsteps and the sound of dragging, she turned her head towards the wall, if her dad knew she was awake he'd probably beat her so badly she'd have to miss school for about a week and a half to at least hide the bruises. Hisa sighed and buried her face flat on the edge of the pillow so she could breathe a little easier. `Why does he have to be so cruel?' she pondered trying her best to suppress her tears, her efforts prove vain when one tear escapes her closed eyelids and gets absorbed into the pillow.
 
The next day after carefully hiding her bruises, Hisa went back to school, avoiding putting her bag on her shoulders since her dad's boss had been so keen on using his metal belt to whip her. The day wasn't as bad as Hisa thought it would be after being absent for the second day, some teachers had saved her homework while others just told her to forget about it. It was too minimal to be troubled by it. The last class was by far the most surprising, somebody had actually bothered to take the notes and homework for her. Looking up to see who was presenting a page of notes to her, her crimson eyes meet emerald sparkling ones.
 
“Thanks…” she whispered embarrassed, taking the notes by the end of the class after making sure she had the homework written down. “You're welcome.” he replied kindly, his red hair shining under the sunlight filtering through the window, “My name is Suichi Minamino.” he introduced himself, extending a hand to shake. “Err… I'm… Hisa.” she replied shyly, her hand hesitating before grabbing his and shaking it a little clumsily. Kurama smiled at Hisa, “Are you feeling better?” he asked kindly, his sharp eyes noticing the smallest details on her body such as bruises just at the edge of her shirt.
 
Hisa looked up at him, her eyes showing surprise and fear, “Feel—better?” she forced herself to look calmer, “Yes, you've been absent for a day I assumed you were ill. Was it something else?” he inquired curiously. Hisa shook her head, feeling her cheeks heating up a bit, “Iie… I was… ill.” she finished in a whisper and stood up, keeping her heavy bag in her hands. Kurama noticed she didn't put it on her back and remembered how the first day she had done so carefully, “Could you have back problems?” he asked again, a gentle smile forming on his lips.
 
`He can't find out!' screamed Hisa's mind, “I err… a little.” answered Hisa trying to smile but failing. “I see… Do you need me to carry this for you then?” he pointed at her bag, Hisa's eyes quickly glancing at her bag, then at Kurama, “No it's quite alright.” she nodded to herself taking a step passed him, “Thanks but I have to go.” added Hisa and rushed towards her locker again. Kurama nodded and watched her leave curiously, `Was that smell alcohol?' he pondered and walked home quickly. Once he arrived he dropped his stuff in his room and went to the bathroom, looking for something. `Found it.' He opened a small transparent bottle and slightly frowned, `It was alcohol…'
 
“Did you get hurt Suichi?” came the voice of his mother, Shiori, from the door. Kurama quickly put the bottle away, “Oh no mother, I just needed to verify something.” he smiled at her and went to peck her cheek.
 
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
This chapter is longer than the others… ^^;; I changed some stuff from the actual rp but that's only so there's an evolution in the friendships and stuff, I think I'll skip around a lot later so you must assume they keep talking to each other and getting closer as friends… Yeah… I do think I'm focusing too much on Hisa right now, but to be honest I have no clue how to make Kikyou and Hiei get closer as friends, except for one thing later on… Review if you wish, criticism still valuable!
 
Stix: Thank you very much! I'm writing a little more each day, and for now the rp is about 402 pages so I have a long way to go *starts singing Wolf's Rain* (Got a long road to follow…) *cough* Anyway, when I have nothing else to do I'm writing, procrastinating, writing, so really… I should say maybe a chapter every 3 days… ^_^
 
Painin Uranus: Actually I just got a second reviewer on ff, but I have other reviewers (few but some) on other websites… Not that it really matters to me, I write because I like it… ^_^ Thanks for reviewing! I hope you enjoyed that chapter I took so long to finish… @.@
 
KrysTheBloody: Haha as if you need to review!! :P But I appreciate it! ^^ I'm trying to write more but I think procrastinating is my life style… *cough* And I'm hungry now… and I have to exercise today and water the plants… -.- Bummer! Anyway… *cough*
 
Juri: Lol thank you! BloodyVampiress was quite surprised her character was cool, but I'm sure she was flattered… ^.^ Thanks for the review, I hope this chapter wasn't too bad…
 
Stix: I'm glad you found this story again! I was so mad when they deleted my account... But since I'm back I guess it doesn't really matter except I lost all my reviews. -_- But thanks for reviewing and I'll update soon! ^^