Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Shades of Gray ❯ Blushes ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shades of Gray 7

Author's Notes: Here we go gang another High School A/U; basically the guys are in a band, Kurone is in here too. The girls (Keiko, Botan, and Yukina) are their groupies/girlfriends. Koenma is their manager. Basically there will be singing, no dancing though (lets not go "Grease" now), gang related stuff, some drugs, some drinking, violence (well duh on that), and abuse. Basically the plot the guys have to deal with everything from rival bands to former rival gangs, old flames and family problems. On another note Catterina and Panthera are NOT related in this fic in anyway, shape or form. Also sorry if this starts to resemble in other stories out there as I surely did not mean for it too. Anyways enough talk lets get to the good stuff.

___________________________________________________________ __

It was Monday after Panthera got into town and Kurone set her up at school, she would spend four classes in the same class as Hiei and the other four in the same class as Kurone. She made an immediate impression on the entire school the guys really liked her and the girls well they had mixed feelings about the whole thing; all in all the rest of the school year was going to be one interesting ride. She entered her first class with Hiei, Kurama, Yuusuke, Kuwabara, and Keiko; they all surrounded her in the class and the entire group began talking with Hiei making a smartass comment every now and then.

"Hiei-kun!" came a high pitched voice.

"Oh no," muttered Hiei trying to sink low in his seat. "Please no, not THAT!"

Panthera watched curiously as one of the other school girls bounded into the room. The girl's skirt hardly covered her rare and the blouse was too small and was nearly bursting at the seams, and her hair was up in a stylish ponytail while her make had been applied a little to heavily around the eyes. She giggled and latched herself around Hiei's neck. Hiei began to gag and sneeze because of the perfume she was wearing: one it was so strong and two he was allergic to the scent.

"Hiei-kun are we going to go out tomorrow night or not?"

"Not," said Hiei in between sneezing and trying to detach her from around his neck.

"I think he wants you to let go," said Panthera pointing out the obvious.

"Who the hell are you?!" demanded Nahoe glaring at Panthera.

"I am Panthera," said the white haired girl calmly. "I am cousin to Kurone."

"I see," said Nahoe looking annoyed and detaching herself from Hiei slightly. "You must have just transferred then because I do not remember you being here before."

"I just got in last week," said Panthera.

Nahoe stared down at Panthera over the tip of her nose like the white haired girl was a speck of dust.

"You," said Nahoe slowly letting the words roll of her tongue like they could make them true. "Look like a whore."

"At least my uniform fits," said Panthera taking a book out and opening it up to the bookmarked page.

"What are you trying to say?" demanded Nahoe.

"I believe what she is trying to say is that you look cheaper then a fifty-dollar hooker," said Keiko. "Right Panth-chan?"

"Something like that yes," said Panthera not bothering to look up from her book. "Although I would have put it differently but the point got across all the same it would seem."

"Listen you little bitch," began Nahoe, but the teacher walked in before the girl could finish so she spent all her class time glaring at the girl who just ignored her and didn't seem to give a damn.

Panthera was a little shook about being in a new school, and any minute Ecithead storming in to demand that she stop being a bitch and come back home. But as the seconds ticked by and turned into minutes he didn't storm into the room and slowly she began to relax feeling like a great weight had been lifted from her shoulders. When the bell rang, she and Hiei hurried off to their next class which just so happened to be, Drama.

The teacher walked into the room in a flourish of a colorful broom skirt and matching pheasant top. The woman's coopery hair hung wildly around her shoulders and her dark brown eyes flashed with excitement as her slender hands toyed with the tear dropped shaped amethyst pendant that had a silver claw clutching it and hung from a long silver chain.

"Good morning class," said the teacher waving her free hand in the air while she stood before her desk on the raised platform. "Today we will go over the play, "Hamlet" by William Shakespeare. We will go over it act by act, scene by scene and break them down in discussion. Are there any questions so far? No? Good. Well then shall we begin? First off, I will need you all to take out your books and turn to the first scene of the first act."

There was silence in the room as the students all bent down into the backpacks to take out their books, looking around uneasily Panthera hesitantly raised her hand.

"Yes?" asked the teacher pointing at her.

"I am new here and I wasn't aware of the fact that I needed a book," said Panthera softly.

"Very well then dear," said the teacher waving her hand. "Until you have gotten settled you may look on with Mr. Hiei."

"Yes ma'am," said Panthera as she and Hiei moved their desks closer together.

Hiei tensed when Panthera leaned against him slightly to see his book better, he could smell the soft scent of her perfume it was sharp like the winter and floral like the spring. He closed his eyes and inhaled the smell of her perfume for a minute forgetting where he was until he heard the faint drop of a pencil. Opening his eyes he looked down and saw that Panthera had dropped her pencil onto the ground. On instinct Hiei bent down to pick it up at the same time she bent to pick it up, and their hands brushed together. Hiei and Panthera glanced up at each other and blushed.


TBC