Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Tarnished Past ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A.N. I own nothing, not one thing of YuYuHakusho do I own, so don't sue me…also this is my story so I make the characters act the way I want. I try to keep them in character but it won't always happen so if you have a problem with it, then don't read it!
Chapter 2
Fear of the unknown
Mayako held onto Yoko, his words of comfort not helping her, for she has heard them all before. /his words are just excuses, or lies. How can I trust this strange man? Takumi is coming for me, and now its too late, I can't jump…that was my only chance and now I lost it. /
Yoko heard Mayakos thoughts and wished he could figure out why she was so scared around him. Yoko looked above Mayakos head, trying to see who was calling to her; he felt her shaking and knew that she was terrified of whoever was coming after her. Yoko saw a tall, lean man with black tied back hair and brown eyes which reflected hatred and anger. Yoko looked down at Mayako then up at Takumi and gently let her go and turned her to look at Takumi who was standing a few feet away from them. “Who is he?”
Mayako stopped shaking and her face took on a blank look, her eyes seemed to glaze, and her body tensed as if she was ready to run. “He's my stepfather; I have to go to him.” Mayako whispered and moved away from Yoko, moving as if controlled by forces unseen.
Yoko didn't move he merely, his silver hair was moving about his face, blocking his golden eyes from view as he watched as Takumi roughly took Mayako away. /It's not my place to interfere in family matters, but she seemed so sad…what is my problem? She's just one woman, who cares/ Yoko thought and moved to walk away, but then stopped when he remembered the way she had clung to him and spoke of her desperate wish for freedom and how close she was to having it. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, finally realizing what was bothering him. /This woman seems to be no more then a child in respects to how old I am, but that's not what is bothering me…what's bothering me is that she seemed so afraid when her stepfather called for her, but then in the next moment she seemed resigned to whatever was going to happen to her. / Yoko turned, following Mayakos scent as her stepfather brought her back `home.'
Takumi's rough grip on Mayakos arm caused her to wince and her icy shield fell, and once again felt like a seven year old child. “Takumi, I have no idea what I have done to deserve your anger…I told you where I was going, mother knew…what did I do that was so wrong?”
Takumi looked down at her and leered, his mouth opening to show decayed teeth. “I saw you with your lover my dear…”
Mayako allowed herself to be pulled inside, her thoughts racing a mile a minute. /Lover? But I don't have a lover…I never have. What is Takumi rambling about? Is he too drunk...no he seems sober, but why would he say that? Is he making another excuse, just so he can hit me again...Oh no, I know why, it was that Yoko that prevented me from jumping, he held me and Takumi must of saw./ Mayako shook herself from her thoughts in time to see her stepfather removing his belt and wrapping around his closed fist. “Takumi I swear that I never seen him before today! I was F-feeling alone and H-he comforted me that's all that it was… I S-swear.” Mayako stammered an old childish reaction to Takumi's anger.
Takumi's eyes grew colder, but he felt the wave of pleasure that always came with seeing his stepdaughter in pain, grinning insanely he gently touched her face and laughed when she pulled away. Knowing that he was causing her more fear simply by touching her gently, he ran his hands through her hair. “You'd be so pretty, if only you'd just stop fighting me…woman are supposed to be subservient to men, it's your role…why fight it?” Takumi said, but suddenly his grin faded to a grim line, as he punched Mayako with his belt-clad fist. “But you refuse to learn, you are just a woman with nothing to offer any man, I'm doing the world a favor by beating you.” He said, more to himself then to Mayako. “After all, look at you…you'd tempt any man, I can't allow it…I won't allow it. You're a slut it was proven tonight on that bridge, and now `m going to beat you until you admit that you're a slut not fit to live in this household!”
Mayako whimpered brokenly, her throat seemingly closed as she gasped for breath, not able to think straight. “P-please Takumi…I D-did nothing W-wrong, forgives me!” Mayako chocked out, as she fell to her knees before him, and lowered her head in submission.
Takumi wouldn't be appeased, he roughly grabbed Mayakos raven colored hair and pulled her up to him. “Nice try slut…I don't believe your excuses.” Takumi said and roughly kissed her, “you want to play the role of a slut…I'll play.” Takumi whispered against her lips as he bit her.
Mayako was too afraid to speak; she blindly opened her mind and called for help, silently wishing that someone would hear her. As soon as she thought her plea Takumi as thrown from her and Mayako sank to her knees, trying not to vomit. /God what is happening? Why did Takumi kiss me? Who helped me, why can't I move/
Takumi looked into the face of his attacker and then shook his head when he saw Yoko's fox ears. “I must be a bit drunk then I thought…this dude has fox ears”
Yoko held unto the mans throat, and tightened his grip when he heard Mayako gasp for breath. “I just met your stepdaughter and I know that she deserves better then to be assaulted by you…so I'm taking her with me.”
Takumi sneered, “You can't take her that is kidnapping.” He said and blindly kicked out at Yoko who merely gripped him tighter.
Yoko grinned, “I am a thief, and I steal what I like, or I steal what someone doesn't take care of. And in your case, you don't take care of your stepdaughter so I'm taking her. I've never stole a woman, but there is a first time for everything, and where I'm taking her, you'll never be able to find her” Yoko said and quickly knocked the man unconscious. Yoko turned and looked at Mayako who was clearly lost in her own mind. Yoko sighed and picked Mayako up and walked through a portal and into the makai.
Mayako slipped into sleep and Yoko's urging and didn't hear him when he spoke to her. “You will like it here in the Makai, somehow I believe that you have something worthwhile to add to my band of thieves, but what will I tell Nakamura? She has been overly clingy lately…no, I can't use you to get rid of her, you'll just be my student and I'll teach you how to fight and steal…you'll make a great thief.” Yoko whispered to her and Mayako stirred slightly but didn't wake.
“YOKO!” A female's voice rang out from behind Yoko, and Yoko flinched and turned around to see a female kitsune looking at him. She was tall, just as tall as him, with long dyed black hair, and plain brown eyes. “There you are…who is she?” Nakamura said angrily and her eyes narrowed into immediate dislike, when she saw Mayako cradled in Yoko's arms.
Yoko glared at her and Nakamura backed down. “This woman is my apprentice, and as such she will be treated with respect got that Nakamura? She is my student.” Yoko briskly explained and Nakamura snorted her disbelief.
“Your student in one area you men I mean c'mon Yoku. There is only one reason why a man would bring a woman like her here, and it's for bedding.” Nakamura sneered and looked at Yoko knowingly. “You'd toss me aside for that chit?”
Yoko looked at Nakamura with distaste. “What I choose to pickup or throw away is none of your damn business, if you have a problem with Mayako then you are free to leave, but if I find out that your harassing her then I'll forcibility remove you from my home, and if I do decided to bed her, then she'll be my mate so bite your tongue and go and find Kurone!” Yoko commanded and watched as Nakamura walked away, her tail swishing in anger.
Yoko grinned, “Mayako is already helping me out, one lover down…twenty more to go!”