Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Reason For Fighting ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*~Chapter #4 coming up… Oh, and if you didn't notice, Natas is just Satan spelled back words. ~*~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kurama awake early the next morning. The sun has just risen and started to shine into his room. He sighed and threw off the covers, got up and started to pack. 'I shouldn't need that much. Please wait for me. I'll be there soon.'

His mind started to wander back to that time at the shrine. He could definitely remember it was exactly a year after the Dark Tournament. That had been three years ago and his life was getting set until that day.

~Flashback~

Kurama was startled when he heard what this woman had said. "My name is Shuuichi, though I prefer to be called Kurama. It is very nice to meet you."

The boy ran up to him. "I'm Haku. So you're the guy mom said was sticking around for the summer? Cool. I had no idea you were a demon. Wait until I tell the guys!"

"Haku, hush now! Do not speak a word of this to anyone." The boys looked at her, one with a look of anger and confusion and one of just pure confusion. As if reading their minds, she continued. "If people knew there was a demon, they would get panicked and try to chase him out. Shuuichi came here to relax, not be bothered. Respect his privacy and safety by not telling anyone. You can keep a secret, can't you?"

Haku nodded. "Oh all right. I'm gonna go see if mom needs any help." The boy ran off towards the house, leaving the demon and the miko alone.

"Thank you. I wouldn't know what to do if people found out and I got chased out."

Naomi took another step back. "Don't mention it. Besides, they'd all come yelling at me to get rid of you. I don't like to work when I don't have to."

Kurama nodded. He understood completely. "Being a miko means having to deal with demons and heal people as well as protect them. It must be a great deal of work."

Naomi took her stance and prepared herself for more target practice. "Well, someone has to do it." She pulled back, aimed and released. A perfect bull's eye.

"Nice shot." Kurama looked at her as she prepared herself for another shot. "You have no need to fear me. I mean no harm to you or this place."

"That's what they all say." She released her next arrow and turned to him after it hit the bull's eye once again. "I'm sorry, but have we met before?"

The thought swam inside Kurama's head. "I'm not too sure."

She shook her head and picked up her arrows. As she went to put her things away, she turned back to him. "I hope you enjoy your stay here. Maybe we could talk more later. I'd like to know if you are threat or not for myself."

Kurama nodded. "As you wish, young miko. And please, call me Kurama."

"Only if you call me Naomi." She smiled at him which stirred up a weird emotion inside him.

"Agreed." She nodded and went to put her things away. Kurama went inside the house to see if there was anything Sóra needed him to do.

"I see you've met Naomi already."

"Yes I have. Is there anything you need help with?"

"Not at all. Thank you though." Sóra paused and then shook her head. "It's such a shame. She's my friend's daughter actually. Her parents were killed and she was entrusted to me. This is her shrine. She grew up here and wouldn't leave. We were looking for a place to live so it worked out nicely. Not that her parents' murder was nice. You know what I mean."

"What do you mean murdered?"

A sigh escaped the woman's lips. "Naomi grew up here and was trained as a miko. Her mother was raised as a demon exterminator and her father a keeper of this shrine. They were said to be the best at protecting the town from demons and could easily exterminate them with one shot of their arrows or various other weapons. This made them hated by all demons. One day, they some how got around their defenses and were murdered in front of her eyes. For some reason, they didn't harm Naomi. Maybe they didn't see her as a threat. Now she is determined to become the best miko she can and to prevent that from happening to anyone else."

This information was slowly processed by Kurama. 'So that's why at first she stepped back. To see your parents murdered like that… how truly horrible.'

"Hush now. Here she comes. Speak nothing of this, please."

"Hai."

The door opened and Naomi walked in. She did not speak as she went upstairs. She came back a few moments later in more casual clothing and sat at the table, Haku close behind.

"All right. Dinner time. Please sit here Kurama and enjoy." His seat was right across from Naomi. As they ate, her eyes were always down and she was silent.

From that moment on, he made a mental note to learn all he could about this girl.

~End Flashback~

Soon, he was at the door with his human mother. "Good bye mother."

"Take care Shuuichi. Keep safe."

"I'll try." He then exited and headed toward the docks to meet the others. He got there in no time and, as he expected, Hiei was the only one there.

"Good morning Hiei."

He looked over at Kurama with his usual face. "What are you hiding Kurama? You seem very interested in this miko. Why?"

Kurama stopped walking and looked down. "Do not ask me that yet. I have my reasons."

"A miko is a sworn enemy of a demon, even you are included in that."

He shook his head. "You wouldn't understand Hiei. I have to get her out of there."

Hiei narrowed his eyes. "Why? It's just a miko."

"Back off Hiei!" Even Hiei was surprised at this burst of anger from Kurama. 'What is he hiding?'

Kurama took a breath and calmed down. "I'm sorry, but it's just something you wouldn't understand." With that, he leaned against the railing with his arms crossed in front of his chest. This discussion was over.

Soon, the two humans and the blue haired woman showed up and they were on their way to the island.

'Natas. I will not stop until I have killed you myself.'

~*~Come on! Please note? Pretty pretty please??? Just a thought, the chapters will get longer and I have a bunch of them… Seriously… Ja ne!~*~