Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Two Nightmares ❯ a bribe ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Same disclaimer ;_; but I still wish right?

A/N: <_____>= telepathy

~Chapter 10~

"WHAT!!!" The detectives looked shocked.

"What if we don't have them?" She repeated. `How many times must I saw that.' She thought irritated.

"Do we still take them to Koemna?" Kuwabara whispered to Yusuke. Hiei still had his sword drawn and Kurama and Iumae were still locked in their staring contest. Yusuke looked like he was thinking hard.

"I don't know. Our mission was to get the items back and arrest them."

Iumae broke eye contact with Kurama and smiled at the rest of the detectives. "You can't arrest us you know." Everyone looked at her. "If you arrest us you may never find the items, and I'm pretty sure Koemna wouldn't like that."

<Clever> Ajo said <But….>.

<It'll work> Iumae said, cutting him off.

"If you must know the sword and the jewel were stolen from us two days ago." Ajo admitted. "We know that Haya works for him."

<Don't drag her into this!! She's my best friend and you know that she's-> Iumae shouted mentally. Ajo cut her connection quickly. He could deal with the death glares she was sending him. But not her yelling and her glaring at the same time.

Hiei noticed something was going on between the two. `Telepathy, He thought. Looking at both of them `Definitely telepathy.' Kurama too noticed this, but he had known it from before. Kuwabara and Yusuke just listened to their story. Hiei tried to trick them into spilling a little more of the story.

"If Haya works for him then why did you let he get away." It didn't faze Iumae at all.

"She was running from me. She thought you were with us so she fought you."

Yusuke suddenly yelled "And you let her get away!!"

"Yeah." Ajo said simply. "We already got the information out of her."

"We know who he is and where he's hiding." Iumae added.

"Are you gonna tell us?" Kuwabara asked.

"Only if you don't arrest us." The detectives thought before answering. They couldn't arrest them. They were the only once who knew the location of the weapons. The two didn't have them, someone else did.

"Fine." The others agreed. Kurama noticed a slight smile on Iumae lips. She knew they would agree to this.

"Good." Was all she said. She extended her hand. "In this form call me Raye." Yusuke shook it. "Yusuke." He answered. Not only were the two introduced themselves but it was a pact. One by one the other detectives introduced themselves.

"Well I gota go." Raye said turning around to leave.

"What about the information you were gonna give us." Kurama asked.

"Meet us here tomorrow night." Ajo said. "We'll tell you what we know."

With that the two turned around and disappeared into the night. The detectives also let the park and headed home.

~*~

"Are you sure that was a good idea?" Ajo asked Raye. "I mean Youko has a reputation for betrayal and you've experienced it before."

Raye's eyes darkened at this. "After we get the weapons back were killing the detectives." Ajo raised an eyebrow. "I only plan on working with them because they have enough power to get us in into Paradise."

"You want revenge on Youko, don't you?"

"Yeah, I want him to know how it felt too be betrayed like that."

~*~

"Are you sure they won't backstab us?" Kuwabara asked as the all the detectives except Hiei who stayed in the park were walking home.

"I dunno." Yusuke said grinning goofily. "Maybe." Kuwabara looked stunned.

"You made an agreement with some who we have almost no idea or information about!!"

"Yup."

"She might." Kurama said. He had been thinking hard for a long time before he spoke. "She wants revenge on me."

"Why?"

"I betrayed her, in the Makai. She nearly died because of it."

"And she's still pissed?"

"If you nearly died because of someone else's action you wouldn't be angry Yusuke?"

"Yeah."

"My point exactly."

~*~

Hiei was sitting in his favorite tree. `I have a feeling she will betray us. I don't know way but I think she just wants revenge on the kitsune. Hiei had known about her past with Youko Kurama.' He noticed the way her eyes looked death at him. She wants him dead. That was all he was sure about. He made him self comfortable and on that thought feel asleep.

~*~

When they arrived at the meeting place Raye and Ajo were already there and waiting for them.

"Okay, what do you know?" Said Yusuke.

~*~

R&R