Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Thirteen Fates 1: Siren's Song ❯ HYDRA?! ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"I.Hate.Mazes."Yusuke panted, racing after Serena and Hiei.

"You do?!"Serena snarled,"Trying living in one, Jump!!"

Yusuke obeyed as the ground gave out from under him,"Damn, how do you do that?"

"Ears."Serena replied, dodging a few wild arrows,"God, if we get out of this alive, remind me to kill that little baka ningen Maya."

"You really don't like her."Hiei hissed, chopping up a few spears in front of them.

"She's a little bitch who can't take care of herself and I have no clue what Kurama sees in her."Serena snapped,"Left!"

"I'll agree with you there."Yusuke sighed,"Spirit Gun!" A few demons fell in front of them. "Have you ever even met Maya?"

"Once, when I was little."Serena jumped another hole,"There was something about her scent that bugged me, I couldn't make out what it was. My nose was still too weak, if I just knew what that scent was."

"You'll find out soon enough,"Yusuke hissed,"if we ever get out of this."

"We will, don't worry. We just need to get by the hydra."Serena explained dryly.

"HYDRA?!"Hiei yelped, stopping short,"You said nothing about a hydra!"

"Would you have come if I'd told you?"Serena asked, receiving a VERY powerful shake of the head from Hiei,"Thought not."

"What the hell's a hydra?"Yusuke asked.

"The one thing that can scare Hiei."Serena smirked,"Hydra's LOVE to eat fire and ice demons. They're fast, strong, and have a wicked tongue that can be used as a whip or to freak their opponents out. You try to cut their head off and three more take it's place. A hydra almost ate Hiei when he was little, he's terrified of them now."

"Yeah, rub it in why don't ya?"Hiei snarled.

"And I thought I had a hard time convincing him to tell Yukina the truth."Serena slapped her forehead,"Let's go."

Somewhere else in the maze

"Where the hell did they dissappear to?"Mohroh snapped, pulling Yukina out of the way as a spear came inches from hitting her.

"You expect us to know?"Kuwabara snarled,"It's bad enough Yukina got dragged into this, then we got separated from the others."

"I came because I wanted to Kazuma."Yukina explained shortly,"Seren is one of my best friends and I won't sit by and let him get hurt."

"You're as stubborn as Hiei."Mohroh said dryly.

"No, Niei's much worse."Yukina gave a quick smile and ducked under a bunch of arrows,"I hope the others are having a better time than we are."

"I doubt it."Kuwabara sliced up a few demons as they cae charging at them.

"Rose whip!!!!"

"Kurama!"Mohroh shouted,"This way!"the gold wolf took a sharp right and almost crashed straight into Kurama.

"There you are!"Kurama gave a releived sigh,"Any sign of Seren, Yusuke, and Hiei?"

"Nothing."Yukina sighed,"I hope they're ok."

"Those three can take care of themselves."Kurama smiled,"Come on, the exit is this way."

"Um, there's something Seren did't mention."Yukina whispered.

"What?"Kuwabara asked.

"There's a hy...AH!!!!!"a huge wall suddenly slammed down between them, Yukina and Kuwabara on one side and Mohroh and Kurama on the other. "Cute."

"What the hell?!!!"Kuwabara jumped to his feet and began pounding on the wall,"KURAMA!! MOHROH!!!!"

"It's no use Kazuma."Yukina whispered,"These walls a very thick, even Seren's Spirit Scythe can't break them."

On the other side of the wall

"Tell me Yukina wasn't about to say what I think she was going to say."Mohroh looked at the solid wall.

"Hydra, there's a hydra at the end of the maze, god, what was Serena thinking?!"Kurama hissed.

"Why the hell would she let us bring Yukina along if she knew there was a HYDRA at the end of the maze?! Everyone knows fire and ice demons are weak against them!"Mohroh pounded her fist against the wall.

"Worry about that later,"Kurama gave one last look at the wall,"right now we need to worry about getting back to Yukina and Kuwabara."

Back with Serena, Hiei, and Yusuke

"Hey, Seren, any idea how think these walls are?"Yusuke asked.

"Too thick, my Spirit Scythe can't even scratch them."to prove her point she gave the wall a feirce kick. "There's no way anything can break them. Wait a minute, I smell a hydra, we're getting close to thte end of the maze."

"Great."Hiei said sarcasticly.

A deep roar proved Serena right. As they turned the next corner a huge snake-like creature standing on two legs came into view. Bones were scattered everywhere.
Hiei stopped short and took a step back,"Sorun."

"Friend of yours?"Yusuke asked dryly.

"The hydra that tried to eat him."Serena whispered,"It's blind, but still be careful, it's ears are very powerful." She summoned her staff and turned it into a bow. "Yusuke, get your Spirit Gun ready and Hiei, no fire attacks, stick with the sword."

"Who said I was fighting?!"Hiei snapped.

"Hiei"Serena growled, forming a spirit arrow in her hand and aiming it,"Spirit Arrow." The arrow flew and struck the creature, cutting it's head off. "Oops."

"Spirit Gun!!"Yusuke attacked the headless body before it could regrow it's head.

Suddenly three heads exploded from the neck of the first one. The creature turned it's heads in the direction of Yusuke's voice.

"BAKA!!!!!!!!!"Serena muttered, shotting another arrow, hitting one of the heads,"Stay quiet."

"Sorry."Yusuke muttered.

"Hiei, get in there and take that thing's leg off."Serena whispered, receiving an 'are-you-nuts?!' glare from Hiei,"You're faster than that thing will ever be."

"So what?"Hiei hissed.

"Hiei."Serena grabbed Hiei by the collar and lifted him off the ground,"You're being a bigger baby than Kuwabara."

"Yeah, well, he's not a fire demon who's being forced to attack a hydra!"Hiei snapped.

"I swear Hiei of you don't atack that THING I'll make sure Yukina MARRIES Kuwabara."Yusuke threatened.

"You couldn't."Hiei hissed.

"I'll help him, and Yukina listens to me."Serena snarled.

"Damn you."Hiei hissed, drawing his sword.

"One clean swipe, Hiei."Serena whispered, dropping him.

Hiei turned to the beast. A gulp escaped his throat, though only Serena heard it. He suddenly vanished and reappeared next to the hydra's foot. Serena suddenly let out a long, harsh howl. The hydra flinched at the pitch of her voice, giving Hiei the opening he needed. He sliced through the creatures ankles, jumped up, and embedded his sword in the creature's back. The monster roared in pain and collapsed.

"Since when do you know hydra anatomy?"Serena asked, walking up to the beast and the now green blood covered Hiei.

"Looking through Kurama's books when I'm bored."Hiei smirked, trying and failing to pull out his sword.

"Here."Serena grabbed the sword and gently slid it out,"You're gotta be gentle pulling it out. The creature's bones contract when you try to pull the sword out hard, you've gotta slip it out."

Hiei just nodded and made a mental note to study Kurama's books more closely. They came to two doors. Serena walked up to the wall between them and tapped the bricks in the pattern of a star with her staff,"Now where are the others?"