Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ To Come Back ❯ Kidnapped By the Enemy ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Youko sat in a tree, trying to review the events of the previous hour. 'Okay. I tried to steal the Element Sword. I succeeded in getting to the sword but a girl was there. She was using black magic to manipulate the sword into floating through the air and surrendering to her. And. And. She took it before I could! Darn it! How could I let this happen?! I let a peasant girl take my title as the most-wanted thief in all of Makai?!' he thought to himself.

Outraged with disgrace, he slammed his fist into the trunk of the tree. He went back to the museum and found that the authorities had found out about the stolen Element Sword. He saw that the royals had called the reikai tantei and asked them to investigate. He smirked when he saw that the reikai tantei were walking around the building several times with puzzled looks on their faces. 'That girl obviously has good thieving skills' he thought and then paused 'What am I thinking?!'

He turned and fled to the hide out he and Kuronue shared. When he got there, he slammed the door and fumed as he walked towards his room. He didn't even notice Kuronue, who was sitting on the couch. Kuronue stuck his leg out in the area Youko was about to walk on. Youko tripped and Kuronue chuckled. "I can tell that there's something wrong. What happened while you were gone, Youko?" Kuronue asked.

"Nothing." Youko replied as he stood up, fuming even more than he was when he was walking.

"Aw. Come on. I know something's wrong. Tell me."

"Let's just say that my title has been stolen by one of the opposite sex."

"Whew. That must have been harsh, man. So how did this happen?"

"I was about to steal the Element Sword when a girl behind me extended a paralization field around me and the guards. She used black magic manipulate the sword and float through the air towards her. I was stunned as she left the building with the sword. I guess she withdrew her field when she got to the museum's courtyard gate. I only saw her for a few minutes but it was enough time for me to realize that she was a thief. She wore a torn tank that only came down half-way and black baggy pants that ended at the top of her boots. The area of her stomach was wrapped with bandages which were stained with little blood. On her arm was a fire tattoo, it was as if real fire was engulfing her arm. She had long black hair, red bangs, and red-orange eyes that I have only seen in a fire youkai. She probably was born in the ice country and sent out as an outcast of the cold clan."

"You really got a look and see of her huh?" Kuronue asked with a sly grin.

Youko growled and said "Don't make me even angrier than I already am, Kuronue. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to my room."

Youko stomped off in the direction of his room and slammed the door behind him. Kuronue stared at the door that had just closed for a few minutes. He smiled, stood up, and said "I guess I'll look for the girl."

When Kuronue left the hide out, Youko came out. 'What am I going to do about this girl?' he asked himself. ~*~*

Kei was sitting in a tree and fiddling with one of her throwing daggers. She had already hid the Element Sword in a highly secluded place and sealed it with several seals and illusions that will keep any youkai from realizing that its there. The only way for it to be found is if she withdrew the spells and took out the sword her self or if somebody unlocked her powers with a very rare item. She was about to fall asleep when suddenly, a pair of hands reached from behind her and clasped her mouth shut. She was about to thrust her dagger behind her and stab the youkai that dared to capture her, but it was too late. She had already fainted. ~*~*

Kei woke up in a dark room with bonds around her wrists and ankles. Her mouth was not gagged, which gave her the idea that somebody wanted to talk to her. She tried her best to wrench her ankles out of the ropes but she could not. The bindings were thick vines that were connected to the very floor. She inspected the spot where the vine and the solid concrete met, puzzled. Then she realized that these were Youko's vines. 'Only he can control vines and plants like this.' she thought.

After some time, a couple of tall men came into the room and light spilled into the room, blinding Kei for a few minutes. One of the men wore all white and had silver hair. The other had black hair and a black hat. They stopped right in front of her and whispered something to each other. They were trying to be as quiet as they can but she can still hear them.

"Are you sure this is the girl?" the black adorned demon asked his accomplice.

"Yes, I am sure this is the girl that-"

Kei found this an opportunity to speak so she said "Stole the Element Sword and Youko's title as the most-wanted thief in all of Makai."

She smirked when she saw the startled looks on both of their faces. Kuronue was the first to speak of the captors. "What is your name girl? And what is your reason of stealing my friend's honorable title?"

"My name is Kei, the former second most-wanted thief in all of Makai. You too must be Youko Kurama and one of his accomplices. My reason has a whole story to it, if you would like to hear it."

Kuronue nodded and she went on. "I was born from an ice maiden, yet I was blessed with the power of fire. The people of the ice country, from which I was born, shunned me and threw me off the floating island of the Koorime. I had always embraced the fact that I was an outcast and I wanted to make sure that the people of Koorime would never live to see the light again, to take revenge for their great mistake. I decided to become a thief and disgrace my family name. Over the years, I had developed black magic and great thieving skills. I had always used them to my advantage, always. Just today, my hunger of criminal honor had reached its max. I was desperately planning one of my greatest steals. Then I thought to myself 'What would Youko Kurama do in a time like this, the Youkai War?' And the idea finally came to me. I ran off in search of the Element Sword. I may sound like a wanna-be thief but really I'm a great thief and fighter. I honor those that hold a higher position than I, but only in thievery and in fighting competition."

Kuronue and Youko were surprised that she been planning all this by thinking like Youko. "How dare you?!" Youko yelled and swing his arm as to strike her face.

Kei blocked his swing with her banded forearms and looked up at him for the first time ever since they had walked into the room. He saw that her eyes were on fire with emotion and their gazes were locked on each other. "Don't you get it, Youko? You are my inspiration. Aren't you at least relieved that the person that stole your title was thinking of you the whole time? Personally, I would be honored to give up my title to such a person. Why won't you accept this?" Kei explained.

"Because my title is mine alone. I earned this title my way, not thinking of anybody else. Is that a good enough reason for you, girl?"

"Yes, it is. And, I have a name, and it's Kei." Kei smiled at him but he hesitated to turn away.

'She is such a pretty girl. How could she have gotten the Element Sword before me?' Youko thought to himself as he walked towards the exit of the room.

Youko paused at the door and said "Kuronue, don't just stand there. Get her out of those vines. We're going to talk like civilized demons."

Kuronue untied the vines and helped Kei up. Kuronue led her out of the room and into a nicer looking chamber. It had a table, a few chairs around it, and a couch. Kei's ankles were cramped from being tied together for so long. Kuronue was seated at the table and Youko held the door open. When Kei got out of the dark room where she was being held captive, her ankles gave way and she fell. She closed her eyes and waited for the pain and impact. But she felt neither one. She felt someone's arm draped under her shoulder and she smelled the pleasant scent of roses and flowers. She opened her eyes and found Youko's face a few inches away from hers. He had caught her inches before she hit the floor. They looked into each other's eyes for a few seconds and Youko helped her up. Youko helped her sit in one of the chairs before he sat in one himself. Kei and Youko sat at opposite ends of the table and Kuronue sat in between them at one of the sides. Youko interrupted the long silence and said "So, Kei. Where did you hide the Element Sword? We did not find you with it so you should have hidden it somewhere."

Kei flinched and thought for a while. She finally spoke up and said "Come to think of it. I forgot where I've hidden the sword. All I remember is stealing it and the next thing I knew, I was in a tree fiddling with one of my throwing daggers." She began to toy with one of her throwing daggers again.

"And I had a weird feeling. Like someone inside me was taking over. But that's crazy, don't you think? I guess I just forgot where I put it." she continued.

Youko was a bit angry but, for some reason, he couldn't stay angry with her. He thought for some time and said "Then, what is done is done. I guess the sword is lost forever. There is no way that we can find it now."

Youko stood up and said something that was directed towards Kuronue "Let Kei stay in the guest room. Maybe, just maybe, she will remember where the sword is. You know what, I'll do it myself. I want you and Shi-san to get ready for our next plan. Kei, come with me."

Kei quickly rotated her ankles so the cramps would go away. When her ankles felt better, she stood up and followed Youko down a corridor. When Youko had led Kei down several halls, he stopped in front of a door and opened it for her. He said "You will be staying here for a while, just to see if you can remember where you hid the Element Sword. If you need anything just call out Shi-san's name, she'll get you anything if you need it."

Kei nodded and walked into the room. There were candles posted in bronze holders on the walls and a small chandelier was hung in the middle of the room. Kei sat on the bed and began to think. "Youko doesn't seem like the cruel type. He's actually quite nice to me. I think that I'm having feelings for him. He's so handsome."

Kei fell asleep on the bed. But before she fell into a dream, to her surprise, she began to wonder of what Youko was doing right now. ~*~*