Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ To Come Back ❯ A New Plan and A New Relationship ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
thoughts that surprised even him. "Kei. She is so beautiful. And I can feel a great power from her. Am I falling for her? No. I can't let a thief girl capture my heart. But. I still can't harness these feelings I have for her. Even though we have just met. I feel as if I've known her for years. Let's just see what happens in the mean time."

Youko walked further down the hall and found Kuronue and another demon sitting at the table. The demon was a girl and she wore thieves' garb. Her shirt was torn at the sleeves and her pants were baggy, they came down to the top of her boots. She had long red hair that was tied a bit to the left and her hair was draped over her left shoulder. "So, how is the plan going, Shi-san?" Youko asked the girl.

"All is going well, but. we need one more person to keep the plan going. Particularly a fire demon." Shi-san said with a worried look on her face.

"Kei is a fire demon." Youko replied.

"Who's Kei?" Shi-san asked Kuronue.

"You don't want to know what she did but she's a guest here now." Kuronue said with a sigh.

"I'll go back later and ask Kei if she'll help us." Youko said.

"Aren't you giving her too much freedom? I mean, what if she really didn't hide the sword and she kills us all with it?"

"She won't do that." Youko said with his back turned.

"How do you know that?"

"I know she won't. Let's just say that I have this feeling that she's really telling the truth and she's going through more than she's telling us. We'll wait a week and try to find out anything. If we don't, then she comes with us to Hashime Castle." Youko walked out of the room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

After a week of waiting and hanging out together, Youko opened the door to Kei's room and found her asleep. He decided to wake her up and ask her, since the plan was to be carried out tonight. He walked to the side of the bed and saw her peaceful face. The light from the candles gave a nice effect to her beauty. He longed to lean in closer and plant a kiss on Kei's lips, but he could not. His mind was fighting with his heart, telling him that the two could never be together. After all, she was his rival. He merely watched as the candlelight danced and cast shadows on her soft cheek, but only for a few minutes. After a while, he began to shake Kei's shoulders, as an attempt to wake her. Her eyes slowly opened to reveal her bright, fiery eyes. Youko almost melted but he regained his composition and said "We have this plan for tonight. But, we need a fire demon to help us, or else our plan will be ruined. Kei, will you help us?"

"Sure. After all, I have nothing else to do. What's in it for me?" Kei replied groggily.

"I'll forget everything about the Element Sword and you can join our thieves' guild."

"At least I'll have another guild to join. My other clan hated me for being so good."

Youko sat at Kei's side and put a hand on her shoulder. He said "That's how weak demons are. They despise the strong and do their best to beat their limits. Apparently, they think that shunning the stronger ones would make them feel stronger."

Kei looked into Youko's eyes and said "You really think so? Because you were always stronger than me, but I never despised you. Let's say I've admired you from the shadows and I don't regret doing so at all."

Youko was surprised to see affection in Kei's eyes. Then, he relaxed and let his heart take over. He put his hand under Kei's chin and tilted her head towards his, leaning in for a kiss. He closed his eyes and so did Kei. Their lips met, sending electricity through their bodies. Youko withdrew his kiss and said "I thought that I would never say this but, I think I like you, Kei. Will you stay with me forever?"

Kei rested her head on his shoulder, smiling, and said "Only if you will stay with me."

"I promise."

"Then, I promise, as well."

"Let us seal this promise with a kiss. And then, I will mark you as mine when we get back from the Hashime Castle. It will have to be when we get back because it will make you weary before the plan is carried out. And we do not want that, do we?"

"No, we don't, Youko."

"Let's get ready. Kuronue and Shi-san are starting to become suspicious."