Angel Sanctuary Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Vampire Hunter D Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction / Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction / Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Blau ❯ German Kabuki ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: And it begins. I do not own Weiß Kreuz, I do not own Gundam Wing, and I do not own the Sandman. I do own Ilde, Min, Bryn, Makizeen, and D'arcy (even though she's not coming back) and Farblos. So there.

More explanation - /*blah*/ is how the new Schwarz communicate telepathically. Also, remember: ^blah^ is German.

-----~~~-~~~-----

Blau

German Kabuki

-----~~~-~~~-----

Schuldich figured he was dreaming when Crawford and Farfarello became not-Crawford and not-Farfarello. Not-Farfarello looked a lot like Farfarello, but she had both eyes and breasts. Not-Crawford looked like a Crawford, but as a sister rather than Brad himself.

This was one hell of a lucid dream.

For a bit, he thought he saw himself join then, but no, it was a not-Schuldich, and the not-Nagi that was with here had hair that resembled Yohji's. But she was very definitely female, too. He really hoped he wouldn't have this dream again.

/*If you do, it's your own fault.*/ Not-Schuldich seemed amused. /*There's only white right now, but we'll be putting on a twisted version of German kabuki fairly soon. The enemy if contained in your hair but not in your eyes, and the uneducated masses tend to think of it as an impossibility in flowers. And those with red hair and green eyes aren't human. You should tell your teammates about this, so the ball can start rolling.*/

The four women faded out and were replace by six others: a not-Yohji, a not-Omi, a not-Ran, a not-Ken, and two others that were too hidden in shadows to make out as anybody or not-anybody.

/*Oh yes,*/ not-Schuldich added. /*You really should give up the name. `Guilty' isn't how people would describe you any more.*/

~~~-~~~

"… and that's it."

"Odd."

"Was it just a dream?"

"No. There's someone else nearby, and they gave me the message."

"So you weren't just… remembering Crawford and Farfarello?" Nagi asked.

"That's what it started out as."

The original members of Weiß were silent for a moment or two to let their ex-enemies have a moment to mourn.

"Well," Ken said when he got bored with that, "let's see what we can do to figure out the message. What was the first part again?"

"'There's only white right now, but we'll be putting on a twisted version of German Kabuki fairly soon.'"

"Write it down," Omi suggested. "Then we can go over it as much as necessary without worrying about losing part of it."

His suggestion was put into action.

"'There's only white right now…' Huh." Yohji worried at his lip.

"I'm more worried about the kabuki thing right now," Nagi said. He stared at it a bit longer. "This looks like the kind of thing we would have done, back when we were Schwarz."

"Hn."

"Okay, I've got an idea. Weiß is German for `white,' right?"

"It is."

"And Schwarz is `black.'"

"Your point?" Ran growled.

"The three main colors associated with kabuki are white, black, and red. I'm going with colors because that seems to be repeated throughout. Those three colors in German are…"

"Weiß, schwarz, and rot."

"Right. Weiß is the only group in existence or operating right now, which would make sense with the idea of there only being white. So my guess is that not-Schuldich was saying that there'll be another two groups joining us soon - one named Schwarz and one named Rot. And either one of them is the enemy or there's another group that all of us will be fighting against." Nagi turned to him. "'Contained in your hair but not in your eyes.' Again, probably color."

"My hair is green. My eyes are gold."

"Or yellow," Ran added.

"Green without yellow is blue," Omi said. "And a lot of people do think that blue flowers can't exist."

"'Blue' is blau."

"So they're the enemy. Wonder if there will be any Takatori involved?"

Ran growled.

"And the rest of it seems to be a warning against people we come across in the future." He stood up. "It's almost time to open shop." He paused to think about what he hadn't told them of the dream. "And I think I'll be going by my public name permanently now."

No one said anything, but the Why? hung almost visibly in the air.

"Schuldig means `guilty.' That's not me any more." He started to walk to the front of the shop to open up, but was brought up short by the sound of soft applause.

"Marvelous," not-Schuldich said from the shadows. She stepped into the light, revealing herself in all her green-haired, golden-eyed, black-clothed glory. "You figured it out for yourselves. Even if the prodigy did do most of the thinking."

"Who are you?"

She looked evenly at Ran and told him, ^I don't feel like speaking a language you comprehend.^

He sighed and translated for Ran, ^Who are you?^

^Who are you?^

^My name is Shou. I am an assassin of Weiß.^

She nodded, smiling. ^My name is Ilde. I am an assassin of Schwarz.^

Ran growled.

"Eiskalt," she said. "You operate under a German name; you should make an attempt to know at least a bit of it."

Ignoring most of what she said, Ran raised an eyebrow and looked at Shou. "Eiskalt?"

"Your new nickname," Ilde said, not letting the man she was practically a copy of speak. "I think you'd prefer it to Kretin."

"But what does it mean?"

Shou looked at Ilde, and smirked. "I don't feel like telling you right now."

Ilde smirked back.

Ran growled again.

"You're doing nicely," she complimented him. "Now you need to work on keeping it up while you breathe in."

This time, Ran settled for glaring.

"If you want to visit, let me know, and we'll tell you how to reach us. Don't be afraid to drop by. See you!" She lifted slightly and faded away.

Nagi's eyes widened. "Shou, you said there was a not-Nagi as well?"

"Yes."

"She's probably part of Schwarz too. And she's very good."

"Ah? How do you know?" Ken asked.

"The better telekinetics can often teleport as well." Nagi said. "I can, a bit, but it takes a lot out of me. But she can teleport other people!"

"Then it's a good thing she's on our side, right?"

~~~-~~~

After about a week, Shou sighed and confronted his teammates again. "We need to go visit Schwarz."

Ran raised an eyebrow. "Saa?"

"Why?" Ken wasn't looking forward to the eventual meeting as it was.

"Ilde says she'll send not-Farfarello after us if we don't move it."

"But that's exactly who I don't want to meet!"

/*I know.*/

*/How long have you been listening in?/*

/*Ever since I told Shou to pass on the message just now.*/

"And you obeyed her immediately?" Ran pinned a glare on Shou, who still wasn't very good at following orders.

Shou shrugged. "She imitated Crawford."

Ilde giggled mentally at them.

*/How do we get there?/*

/*Go to the pavilion in the nearby park - the one by the rose beds. When the stairs down appear, take them. Our living quarters are through the second door down.*/

Yohji looked uncertain.

/*I'll meet you at the pavilion.*/

Ran sent his agreement and Ilde broke the connection. "Right," he said, standing. "Let's go."

"Do we have to?"

"Yes."

"Now?"

"When else is the shop going to be closed on a day when nothing would prevent this? Any time soon? Stop whining, Ken, and come on."

"Farfarello wasn't so bad once you got to know him," Nagi added encouragingly.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Let's just go, okay? Get it over with."

~~~-~~~

Ilde met them where she said they would, and showed them the staircase the appeared only when it was their turn to descend. It was rather creepy. Somewhere on the way down, Ken asked if they had to have the psycho.

"Not psycho," Ilde corrected, grinning at what she knew would be his reaction. "Socio. Don't worry, she asks up before she starts cutting things off."

Just as Ilde's foot hit the last step, the whole group heard a calm voice, oddly familiar, but unfamiliar. "You brought them."

"Ja. You knew."

"Of course."

This was, for all she didn't look much like him aside from coloring and bone structure, not-Crawford. She was serene rather than coldly composed - at peace with herself.

"I'm Bryn."

"And you are?"

The response and question came at almost the same time. She smiled, then repeated herself. "I'm Bryn. Maki will be done with the garden in about four minutes, and Min comes through the door as I speak."

Min - not-Nagi - aimed a playful swat at Bryn, who gracefully dodged without looking. "Alright. You can stop impressing them now."

Bryn waited for her to end her sentence, then replied, "They're only impressed because they're not used to it."

"So you're a precognitive." It wasn't surprising: Ilde was a telepath like Shou, and they knew that there was a telekinetic in the group as well, but Ran wanted to be sure.

"Yes. I mostly work with just a reaction time away, which means that I am always right. It is all the time. I can look farther into the future, but then it is so changeable and hard to see. Unless I become the oracle, that is all I can do."

Min snorted.

"'All,' she says." Ilde rolled her eyes.

"It isn't much without you," Bryn insisted.

Ilde waved it off like the old argument it was, cocked an eyebrow, and jerked her head at Ken, looking at Min, who snorted again, but smiled.

"Maki comes in now," Bryn murmured.

Ken ignored Ilde and Min in favor of swinging around and freezing as he locked gazes with two red eyes, set in a deeply scarred, pale face, and surrounded by a mess of red hair.

Not-Farfarello blinked at him, then moved to put away the shears. She handed an assortment of blooms and leaves to Min, who floated them into the vase on the table. She perched on a side counter and looked at Ilde. "Who are they?"

Ilde smiled. "This is Weiß, another assassin group. We'll be working with them. Ken, Omi, Ran, Yohji, Nagi, Shou, this is Makizeen."

Ken gulped. He still expected to see her lunge at him. "Who was Makizeen, originally?"

Much to his surprise and dismay, Makizeen herself perked up at that. "Makizeen is one of the Lilim - Lilith's children. Oh! If you ever come across a lady in a hood and wearing a half-mask -- the kind that covers the left half, not the top -- and a gentleman with orange hair styled in an odd manner, be very careful about what you do next." She nodded for emphasis.

"Maki," Bryn reprimanded gently. "Save your powers of fright for tonight. We will have a mission."

"Will we be in it?" Omi wanted to know. He and the rest of Weiß sat down at some shooing and waited for an answer.

Bryn frowned slightly, concentrating. "I think so. I see us, and I see people who are not us, and are not female, and we are not against them. So yes, unless something happens to make a fairly large change."

Omi nodded.

Meanwhile, Makizeen grinned as a sudden thought came into her mind. Contacting Ilde, she asked, /*Can I...*/

Ilde grinned back at her. /*Thought you would. Already asked.*/

Having gotten an affirmative reply, Makizeen caught Ken's attention. She gave him a lethal stare, then leaped at him and with a cry of "SPWINGY!" threw her arms about him and kissed him square on the lips.

Ken fell out of his chair, rolled to a wall, and came up in a defensive stance, panting. His hand was clenched as if sheer force of will could bring his bugnuk into existence.

Makizeen smiled at him from her new seat - in his chair - and stuck her tongue out at him before pulling a chocolate bar out of her pocket and munching on it.