Angel Sanctuary Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Vampire Hunter D Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction / Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction / Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Blau ❯ Angels and Evils ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Weiß Kreuz. I do not own the idea for angelic heritage (that belongs to Neko Lynn and her story, Child's Play ). I do own the new Schwarz and I do own Farblos and I do own Blau (the group). I especially own Leila and Ryushi - they're my favorite couple at the moment.

-----~~~-~~~-----

Blau

Angels and Evils

-----~~~-~~~-----

Ken had - eventually - gotten over the kiss Makizeen gave him, but he still had a tendency to be extremely careful around her, and to put someone else between her and him.

"Please stop moving around, Ken. You're making it difficult to see anything else."

"Sorry, Bryn." But he moved anyway.

"You're scared of what I represent."

"What?"

Makizeen looked at him. "I remind you of Farfarello. You don't like that."

"Well… yes."

"Did he kiss you too?"

Ken blushed. "No! He didn't!"

She shrugged and settled herself more comfortably in her perch on the back of the couch.

"Yohji and Omi got over Shou and my presence in your ranks long ago. What's with Farf that he still haunts you?" Nagi asked.

Ken snorted. "He slammed me against walls, pillars - tried to bash my head in - so many times. And no matter what I did, it never made a difference!"

"Makes sense," Ilde mused, "given his angelic heritage."

"His what?"

"You didn't know?" Ilde blinked at Shou. "ß were dropping plenty of hints - all about their new kingdom and then there was that odd ceremony… Didn't Aya ever seem like a sacrificial lamb to you?"

"Well, yes, but…"

"How religious was ß?" Ken interrupted.

"Very," Min told him. "They were trying to bring about the apocalypse. The Elders were a sacrifice they were willing to make to draw out everyone's full potential. Schwarz, they believed to be the four angels destined to kill 1/3 of the world's population. Weiß, the four horsemen. They were partially right."

"What happened to stop it?"

"Crawford sacrificed himself for his teammates. Shou, Nagi - the group that attacked and killed Crawford and Farfarello was supposed to have gone against all four of you and lost. After that, no matter how you struggled, you would have wound up fulfilling the prophesy. Instead, two angels `died' and the other two joined the horsemen, and ß was torn apart."

"If killing the Elders didn't do it," Nagi asked, "then what did?"

"Farblos," Makizeen said, and went back to staring at Ken.

"Farblos?" Ran asked.

Makizeen remained silent.

"Please don't mention them," Shou said.

Yohji blinked. "Huh? Why? What's wrong with-"

"Shhhh!" This time it was Nagi; he had paled considerably.

"Who are they?"

Ran glared at the room in general when no one answered him. Shou and Nagi seemed disinclined to talk, Makizeen was still looking fixedly at Ken, Min was watching everyone, and Ilde was snickering quietly to herself. Yohji and Omi looked completely clueless, and Ken looked disturbed, but that was probably because of Makizeen.

"The Evils," Bryn said at last, "as they are sometimes known, is a group of five people used by ß to keep the rest of their operatives in line. One of their main functions is to deprive those unfortunate enough to be chosen for elimination of color; hence their name."

"We've fought `talented' people before."

"We never really tried to kill you," Shou said, a bit raggedly. "It was mostly a sort of game for old Mr. Takatori's amusement. And we're nothing compared to them."

"Hey, come on," Yohji said. "How bad could it be?"

"One of them is a telepath, "Nagi said. "They - we couldn't even tell if they were male or female - would perform completely random mind-sweeps to detect any thought of treachery. And when it was our turn…" He shuddered.

"They were completely out of my range," Shou said. "And they were just as strong as if they'd been standing right next to me. It's a feeling I never want to experience ever again: a feeling of being completely known in an instant."

"But they got rid of ß, right?" Omi said. "Tore it apart. That means they're at least a little on our side, right?"

"It probably doesn't even matter," Ken added. "They may never come near us, and we probably won't have to go after them either."

"They watch." Makizeen did not grin at making the entire room jump, choosing instead to try to look through the ceiling. "But they remain neutral. Calm down."

"She's right," Bryn added. "I do not foresee any conflict with them."

Nagi took a deep breath and let it out slowly. Shou closed his eyes and forced himself to relax. When he opened them, they were their normal gold color again. **Good,** he said. **I'm glad.**

~~~-~~~

~Achoo!~

"You okay, Leila?"

~Achoo! Achoo!~

"Yeah, it's just-" ~Achoo!~ "a sneezing fit." ~Ah-ch~ She grabbed her nose and stopped mid-sneeze.

"Someone was talking about us."

"So says your customs."

"There were five sneezes - one for each of us."

"Then why didn't each of us sneeze?"

"Because they were speaking of Leila primarily."

Leila curled up more firmly in Ryushi's lap and leaned against his chest again. "Nah," she said. "It's just your fuzzy shirt. It tickled my nose and - you know me, I get one sneeze and it turns into a fit. You could have warned me, Neona."

"I was watching a different future."

"Oh? Let us see." After a while, she said, "Well, that was interesting."

"Indeed."

"Hn."

Neona remained silent. Kelly cackled, as was her wont.

Leila hmmed.

Ryushi shifted to a more comfortable position. "Can we do something else now?"

She tipped her head back to look at him. "You don't like contemplating your paintings?"

"The blood's dried and it's flaking off. It's boring."

"Well," Leila said, drawing the word out, "we could always do something, but I don't know if brother-dear wants to add incest to the list of his sins."

Ryushi blushed.

Eric chuckled.

"Go off with Ryushi," Neona said unexpectedly.

Leila said nothing aloud, but she leered at Neona, whose ears flared red for a moment, and who glared back. "Shut up," she muttered.

Leila laughed.

Ryushi stood up, picking her up at the same time, and teleported away before she finished.

Eric looked at Neona, who was staring into space, at Kelly, who was giggling to herself, at Ryushi's dried and flaking blood-paintings, and at Neona again. He sighed.

Suddenly a pack of pseudo-worshippers descended on Kelly and carried her off.

"Again?" Eric asked the sky.

"Yes," Neona told him. He turned to her, surprised that she would surface from her trance so quickly. "Now we finally have time to ourselves." And she smiled.

Ryushi kissed Leila, trying yet again to draw some kind of feeling from her. And though she returned everything with equal passion, he knew - he could feel that her heart didn't clench or twist like his did, that her world did not narrow to just them as his did, that she wasn't happy just being with him the way he was with her. Yet her heart quickened like his, and she ignored breathing in favor of him like he did for her, and she still chose to be with him over anyone else. He didn't understand.

And so his heart hurt, and he fought back tears, and she pulled away from the kiss with a sigh of simulated sadness to simply cradle him.

"It was so much easier when we weren't as strong," she said at last, staring at the ceiling dry-eyed although her voice sounded old and tired and desperately unhappy.

He nodded against her chest. After another long pause, he said, "I love you."

"I know."

Ryushi lifted his head and looked down at her, surprised to see her actually crying. But no, she still felt nothing. It made him feel like nothing.

"I'm sorry," she said. "I would love you if I could."

He nodded and kissed her again and let his tears mingle with hers.

~~~-~~~

Shiko stomped a foot. "Grandpa! Do we get to have a group or not?"

Old Mr. Takatori chuckled. "Wait until your birthday, child. It's only a few months."

"But we want it now!"

"Oh? Maybe I shouldn't trust you with the position just yet."

She pulled herself together. "I'm sorry, Grandpa. I'm just excited. Besides, I'm already sharing it with Taro."

"Yes, yes. Why don't you go play with him now? The months will pass quickly enough."

The room darkened and a pair of red eyes glowed over his shoulder for a moment.
"Yes, Grandpa." She pivoted abruptly and strode out of the room, into the hall. Once she was a fair distance away, she let the smile she had been fighting back appear. `Play' with Taro, indeed.

~~~-~~~

Ai blew on her nails. She had just repainted them white, after an opponent had had the temerity to almost crack one and dust another with gunpowder. Ah well, he'd been taken care of, so there was no point getting mad. After a few minutes, she tapped on the nail most recently painted, and, satisfied that it wouldn't be messed up, rolled over on the bed to look at the room's other two occupants.

One was a woman of a more sexual beauty than what Ai prided herself on - she was much happier being mildly exotic than she felt Rou was with being overblown - with purple-black hair, indigo eyes, a dark business suit, and makeup intended to make her skin seem paler than it really was. She was glaring at the third person.

He was just as beautiful as either of the two women, and quite handsome to boot. At least, Ai consoled herself, no one else would get to run their fingers through his hair, or get his ice-blue eyes to warm. He was quite adamant in distrusting everyone and distancing himself from the world in general. He was also glaring back at Rou, and ever-so-subtly skootching away from her.

Ai sighed. Another silent argument - Rou was upset that Aki didn't fall slavering at her feet like most men did, and Aki was upset that Rou wanted him to. Time to break them apart.

"Aki, be a dear and open the window, would you?" she asked. "It's stifling and I can't."

"You can," he muttered, but obeyed nonetheless, because her whip was next to her, and he still winced occasionally when he remembered her last demonstration of dominance.

"Rou, why are you glaring, dear one? You know I love you madly."

"Yes, but why doesn't Aki?"

"Because he's smarter than me: he knows you don't love anybody."

Aki snorted. "Women," he said.

"And because you're a woman, and we all know Aki would much rather be in love with a man."

Rou snickered.

"In fact, beloved, I do believe he's fallen victim for his own reflection, just as you have."

Now both of them glared at her.

"What?" She put on a confused expression. "Don't tell me you're in love with me!"

The glares intensified.

"You are? My goodness, how did this happen?"

"I do not love you," Aki spat.

"Neither do I."

"In that case," she said, sitting up and abandoning childishness for the moment. The strength that made her their leader gleamed in the back of her eyes, and they straightened. "You can go babysit the two idiots for a while, and send Kaz to me. At least he is decent company."

"Yes, Ai," they mumbled, and left.