Angel Sanctuary Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Vampire Hunter D Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction / Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction / Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Blau ❯ Red Justice ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Weiß Kreuz. I do not own the angel idea. I do not own Yuu Yuu Hakusho. I do own Schwarz (my Schwarz) and Rot and Blau and Farblos. And this story, of course, is mine.

-----~~~-~~~-----

Blau

Red Justice

-----~~~-~~~-----

Omi and Nagi were putting an especially large and heavy arrangement on a top shelf when the door jangled, signifying a customer.

"Welcome!" Omi called. "Just a minute please." A final adjustment and he turned, speaking at the same time. "How may I help-"

A girl he had seen die smiled at him from just inside the door.

"-you?" Ack.

"Tot?" Nagi said, his voice questioning.

"Hello, Nagi-kun, Omi-kun."

Omi tried to say something, but it came out as somewhere between `agh' and `ack'.

Nagi just stared. He didn't even notice as the printer in the other room started printing without a command, or as the question marks it printed out came floating down the hallway to dance around him. Yohji, who had followed the paper into the shop, looked oddly at Nagi. He supposed he should be glad that there was no one in the shop. No, wait, there was-

Yohji had seen Tot die too. He goggled.

Tot blinked innocently. "I liked the sakura dance better, I think," she said.

Nagi blinked as well, looked around, noticed the question marks dancing around him, and blushed. They settled to the floor.

Omi finally managed words. "The hell? I saw you die!"

"You did?" Tot tilted her head to the side.

"Yes," Nagi bit out.

Tot looked at him. "Nagi-kun?"

"I was there," he said. "The room collapsed; you fell on top of me. I felt you stop breathing. I felt your heart falter and stop."

"Oh." Her face cleared and she reached out - Yohji and Omi noted, dimly, that she carried neither a parasol nor a stuffed animal - to Nagi, taking his hands in hers and trying to coax them to unclench. "Yes, I did die then. Tot died, along with the rest of Schrient. I'm just Namami, now."

As Nagi slowly forced himself to relax, Yohji muttered, "I find it hard to believe you came just to tell us something you didn't know you'd have to tell."

"No, I didn't. There there, Nagi-kun. Calm down. It's alright."

"So why did you come?"

She just looked at Yohji for a moment until he flushed lightly and looked away. Then she said, "I've come to invite you to visit our group."

"Huh?" Omi asked.

"You know, from Ilde's message to Shou, about the three groups and the common enemy? Rot is now operational."

~~~-~~~

"Aya?"

"Hmm?"

"Close up shop for me, would you? We're expecting visitors."

Aya smiled. "Sure, no problem. Is everyone expecting, or…"

"Well, everyone's got to be here, but it's special for you in particular." Kimberly beeped Aya's nose playfully. "Ran is a part of Weiß, after all."

"Oh, them." Aya's face fell.

"What's wrong?"

"I just - will Ran-nii be upset with me for doing this?"

Kimberly floundered a bit. She wasn't sure - Ran wasn't her specialty.

"Not upset, exactly," Ruth said, leaning in the doorway and staring off into space. "He felt guilty that he had to do what he did to take care of you. He'll probably feel guilty for `pushing' you into this. But upset with you?" She snorted. "I don't think he's capable of it."

"Aya, did you feel guilty when you came to us?"

"Not really," she said slowly. "I mean, I felt bad the first time…" She trailed off, noticing a customer who seemed a bit too interested in their conversation, though he tried to hide it. "But I don't regret my decision."

"Then he'll accept that," Ruth said. "And he might even feel a bit better about himself."

The door banged open and Yepa strode in, a dark-haired man with sunglasses and complicated tattoos on her heels.

Ruth waved to her. "Hey! You found him?"

Yepa glared in response, and turned to the customers. "If you're not buying something, leave! We close in ten minutes."

~~~-~~~

Ai examined her nails as she waited for Aki and Rou to stop glaring at each other and start paying attention to her. After what seemed like an eternity to her, Kaz leaned back and looked at her, signaling that everyone else was ready to listen. She looked up. "Tomorrow we meet our new `bosses'."

Rou perked up. "Bosses?"

"Takatori. Taro and Shiko, twins. A tendency to cross-dress, a close likeness, and in love with each other. A pair of Chinese warriors will be joining us; their personal bodyguards. This group is to be a present to them on their birthday."

Aki snorted." How long?"

"Until they become tired to killing people personally, or good enough that they don't need eight people backing them, even in their grandfather's eyes."

Nobunaga's eyes widened. "Their grandfather is doing this?"

She raised an eyebrow. "It's the same man we're working for now."

"Ah." He sat back. "For a moment, I was afraid the situation was unjust."

Ai smiled as her eyes narrowed, and she leaned forward slightly, hand clenching around her whip. "But could you doubt me?" she hissed.

Rou had whipped out her palm pilot and now scribbled notes into it.

Nobunaga's eyes widened again, this time in fright, and he lunged into a bow. "Of course not, my lady. Please forgive me."

Ai contemplated him silently as she stood and let her whip uncoil. Everyone backed away from Nobunaga quickly, and, after a glance in her direction, Rou put her notebook away. Sensing the movement around him though he dared not look up, Nobunaga began to tremble.

She took a step forward, to better see what she would be doing, and then struck him with her whip, several times.

Aki, whose pride had not let him slouch before she began, was the only one able to see that she was writing something, although he couldn't make out what. Remembering what was now carved into his back, he repressed a wince and forced himself to keep watching.

"There," Ai said, stepping back as she finished. "Now you will always carry justice with you."

Nobunaga looked up then ducked into a deeper bow and held himself there.

"Etsuya, help him see to his wounds, but make sure they scar. Everyone else is dismissed." As everyone filed out, she admired her work in creating the kanji `sensou' for justice on Nobunaga's back and the line of Aki's back, who she could tell felt his own mark, `ai' for love, as though it burned him. The last was Kaz, who lingered in the doorway as if unwilling to leave. "What is it?"

He turned and came to her hesitantly, the door closing behind him. "Will I ever get one of those?"

"It is punishment as well as a gift," she said. "I will not mark you until you deserve it."

He sighed. "Yes, but…" As she sat again, he curled up on the floor by her feet, nuzzling her leg. "I want…"

She smoothed her hand through his hair. "It will not last much longer."

He said nothing.

The handle of her whip thumped lightly as it hit the ground. "Ten is too big a number. It will not last. Kaz, hold me now and let your `aoi' wait."

And he did.

~~~-~~~

Yuusuke cursed himself for getting involved again. After Keiko had- eh, couldn't he think of that yet? After she had, he'd withdrawn from human company, preferring to stay in the Makai where he was well-known and well-respected and where his father's markings didn't scare the crap out of everyone. He didn't know why he'd even bothered with Yepa, only… Well, she was human, and he did miss humanity on occasion, but she acted a hell of a lot like Hiei and wasn't scared of him. He kinda liked that. And if her eyes had been brown instead of green, her face a little more heart-shaped, her body a bit less lanky, she might almost look like Keiko…

Besides, Koenma had told him he needed to check out the world's new Guardians, and Yepa knew Ruth.

~~~-~~~

Min looked at Bryn as the taller young woman opened her eyes and smiled. "Almost time?"

"Yes."

Ilde looked up from her place on Makizeen's stomach - she had just beaten her at wrestling - and smirked. "Wonder if they'll remember the message, hey?"

Makizeen yanked her back down.