Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ The Chosen ❯ Chapter Two: Truth ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Chosen

Chapter Two: Truth

Author: Kameko-chan

Warnings: Yaoi, complicated magic stuff

Pairings: Ray/Kai and Tala/OC

Notes: Okay, finally an explanation on the Chosen. Sorry if it's kind of complicated, hopefully it will make a little more sense as the story goes on.

--------------------------------------

Elaina launched herself into Tala's arms. "Tala! Oh my God, Tala, it's really you!"

"Elaina," Tala breathed, burying his face in the girl's hair, "you're alive."

The two just stood there, holding each other close, until--

"What the Hell?"

Kai peeked out the door. "Oh, hello Tyson, Kenny, Max. Meet my sister, Elaina, who's been missing for six years and apparently has a thing going on with Tala. Oh, and you missed brownies."

"BROWNIES?!" Tyson collapsed onto the sidewalk. "Noooooooo!!!"

Max rolled his eyes. "I think there's more important things to worry about, Tyson."

"There's something more important in life than brownies?" Tyson looked bewildered.

Kai laughed. "I know it's hard to believe, but it's true."

Kenny, Max, and Tyson stared at Kai.

Max was the first to find his voice. "Okay... who are you, and what have you done with Kai?"

Elaina grinned. "He IS Kai. The real Kai, not that cold bastard that you've been dealing with for the past few years."

Kenny scratched his head. "Now I'm REALLY confused."

Ray went and grabbed the groceries that Tala dropped. "Come on, guys. I'll cook some dinner while Elaina and Kai explain things a bit better."

***

Everyone was gathered around the table an hour later, chattering happily about their day (they'd pretty much asked Elaina every question that could be asked).

//Kai?//

//Yes, Elaina?//

//I'm getting a weird feeling from Ray. Do you know what's up with that?//

Kai frowned slightly and felt for Ray's mind-presence. //Wow, you're right. His energy is fuzzy . . . almost like there's something blocking it.//

//You never noticed before?//

//I haven't mind-sent since you disappeared.//

//We need to find out why it's like that, but...//

//It would mean telling them about the Chosen, and the truth about Voltaire.// Kai sighed inwardly. //They were bound to find out anyways, we might as well get it over with. You think it's a magic block?//

//Must be. Will you do the honors? It'll give you an excuse to get close to him...//

Kai glared, then got up from the table and strode over to Ray.

Ray looked up from his plate to see Kai looming over him. "Hey, Kai," he said cheerily, "What is it?" Kai didn't say anything, he simply took Ray's hand in his own. Ray's heart began to race. `Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmy...'

Kai ignored the other boy and touched his index finger to Ray's hand. A red glow appeared, growing brighter and brighter, until it suddenly shot into Ray's skin. Ray cried out, reaching out and clutching Kai's shoulders.

Tyson rose angrily from the table. "What the HELL did you do to him?!"

Ray put a hand out to stop Tyson. "It's okay, I'm not hurt. I actually feel... better..." He then realized that he was still leaning on Kai. Blushing, he let go and took a step back.

//Let me see your hand.//

Ray looked around wildly. "Who said that?"

Kenny gave Ray a weird look. "Who said what?"

"Didn't you hear that voice?"

"Sorry," Kai said, "I thought maybe you'd spoken in thought-shapes before."

"Thought-shapes?"

"I'll explain later, just let me see your hand."

Ray shrugged and held out his hand. He was surprised to see a golden ankh on his skin. "What's that?"

Kai's eyes went wide. "I can't believe this... three years, and another has been right here."

Ray frowned. "Another WHAT, Kai?"

Kai let go of Ray's hand and sat back down. "Another Chosen." He pulled off his red gauntlet and showed his own hand, a flame marked on it. Elaina took off her glove and showed the water drop imprinted on her own hand. "You're one of the Chosen Ten, Ray."

"The WHAT?"

"The Chosen Ten." Kai frowned. "I guess you're going to need an explanation, since it seems as though no one's told you about it." He looked at his sister. "Elaina, maybe you should explain, you probably know more about it than I do."

Elaina sighed. "Why am I always stuck doing the explaining? Well, the Chosen are a small group of people who possess incredible magical powers. There are only ten of us in the entire world, and each possesses the pure energy of one element. Kai is Fire, I am Water, and it looks as though you are Life. The others are Death, Wind, Earth, Order, Chaos, Light, and Dark. The Chosen also have the power of telepathy, though they can only send detailed thoughts to other Chosen.

"Voltaire knew about the Chosen. He planned to gather us all up, and then use our power to rule the world. The horrible things I told you he did... they were experiments. He was trying to manipulate our powers. That's how Black Dranzer and Black Shenlong were born.

"Dranzer and Shenlong aren't bitbeasts in the normal sense of the word. They are pieces of our souls, infused with our magical energy. Somehow, during one of his experiments, Voltaire managed to extract and corrupt a piece of our souls, creating Black Dranzer and Black Shenlong.

"But, enough about our past troubles. Let's figure something out, Ray. Thing is, if you're one of the Chosen, then that means you must have a twin sister, and she must bear the Death element. Where is she?"

"Twin sister? I don't have a twin sister!"

"But you MUST," Elaina insisted. "All the Chosen have twins with the power opposite to their own. Otherwise, they'd have no one to balance their powers with, and they'd destroy themselves. Seeing as how you're here, and most definitely a Chosen, then you must have a twin."

Ray just stared. "I don't know what you're talking about, Elaina."

//He doesn't remember, Elaina.//

//No shit, Sherlock.//

//He must have a mind block, too.//

//Bravo. Let's take it off.//

//But what if it's to protect him from some horrible incident? I don't want to hurt him...//

Elaina rolled her eyes. //Why don't you ask him what HE wants?//

Kai sighed and turned back to Ray. "Ray, we need to find out what happened to your sister. We need to find all of the Chosen we can."

"I don't HAVE--"

"Trust me, you do. Thing is, Elaina and I will have to remove a mind block. It could be suppressing some traumatizing memories." Kai looked into Ray's eyes. //I don't want to hurt you, Ray.//

Ray shivered at the intensity of Kai's thoughts. "It-it's okay," Ray said, "If I really do have a sister, I want to find her as much as you do." He looked over at Elaina. "Elaina made you so happy..."

Kai smiled. "Okay."

//Kai's got a boooooooooooyyyyyyfriend...//

//SHUT UP! Let's do this.//

Kai and Elaina each placed a hand to Ray's forehead. The twins closed their eyes, and a warm, golden glow spread over Ray. The two then stepped back and watched as the light gathered in the middle of Ray's forehead before being absorbed into his skin.

The room was silent as Ray stared off into space, gazing at lost memories that only he could see.

TBC