Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ The Chosen ❯ Chapter Four: Problems ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Chosen

Chapter Four: Problems

Author: Kameko-chan

Warnings: Yaoi

Pairings: Kai/Ray, Tala/OC, hints of Max/Tyson

Notes: Must... add... humor! Be afraid, be very afraid...

Decided to just hint at Max/Tyson, so you can ignore them if you don't like the pairing, and I don't have to deal with yet another relationship. Everybody wins!

Why a chunk of Kenny-ness in the beginning?

...

Well, why not?

-----------------------------------

A clap of thunder awoke Kenny at about 6 in the morning. He looked out his window at the steel gray sky and pouring rain. "Well," he said, "that's kind of ominous." Looking at his clock and deciding that five hours of sleep was more than adequate, he grabbed Dizzi and padded out into the kitchen. After making himself some instant coffee (French Vanilla flavored, naturally), he turned on his laptop.

The trapped bitbeast yawned. "Morning, Chief."

Kenny scowled at the screen. "What was the big idea, turning yourself off? I had research to do!"

Had she any eyes, Dizzi would have rolled them. "Excuse me for making sure that you didn't fall asleep in your coffee again."

"That was only ONE TIME." Kenny pulled up the websites he'd been looking at the night before. "Can I get back to searching now, mother?" he asked sarcastically.

"No need," Dizzi replied, deciding to ignore the teen's sarcasm. "I was running searches last night while you were sleeping." She opened up a few windows. "I managed to hack into the BioVolt mainframe. Apparently, they didn't have a chance to delete their files."

Kenny stared at the files, knowing his bitbeast had hit pay dirt. "Dizzi," he said, "If you were human and not trapped in my laptop, I'd kiss you."

"I'll take that as a thank you."

***

Ray awoke to the sight of Kai sleeping in the chair beside his bed, snoring softly. `Ah,' Ray thought to himself, gazing at the other boy, `the few minutes before I remember why Kai is sleeping in my room.'

Kai's eyes fluttered open. He looked at the dark-haired teen and felt himself blush under the other's intense gaze. //Morning. Did you sleep well?//

Ray sighed. Now he remembered why Kai was in his room. //Yes, thanks for staying with me.// He grinned. //Did you know that you snore?//

Kai's slight blush deepened. //I do not!//

//Do too!//

//Do not!//

//Do too!//

"Very mature, boys."

Kai spun the chair around and glared at the figure in the door. "Don't DO that!" he said irritably, "You nearly gave me a heart attack!"

Elaina leaned on the doorframe. "Terribly sorry," she said innocently. "I just wanted to know if you told Ray yet."

Kai glared at his sister.

Ray looked at the two, puzzled. "Told me what?"

Kai's face attained a new shade of red. "Nothing. It's absolutely nothing. Nothing at all."

Ray sat up and looked at Kai. "You can tell me anything," he said seriously. "You know that, right?"

Kai nodded. "I know. It's just... I..."

"Guys!!" a brown haired blur burst into the room. "We've got a major problem!"

Ray glared at the Chief. "Have you ever heard of knocking, Kenny?"

Kenny ignored the other boy. "Meet me in the living room, I need to go get the others!" he said, bolting out of the room and very nearly knocking over Elaina in the process.

The three looked at the door in amazement. Then they looked at each other, shrugged, and headed for the living room.

Tala was already there, so Elaina bounced into his lap while Ray and Kai settled themselves on the couch. Soon, Kenny ran back into the room, followed by Max and a very groggy Tyson.

"Morning, guys," Tyson said sleepily, sitting himself on the floor. "What's that on your neck, Elaina?"

Elaina's eyes opened wide and she clamped a hand on her neck. "Nothing. It's nothing, nothing at all."

Ray snickered at the all-too-familiar dialogue.

Max yawned and leaned against Tyson. "It's a hickey, Tyson. And it's on the other side of your neck, Elaina."

"AHEM!"

The snickers ceased as everyone turned their attention to a very P.O.-ed looking Kenny, who was standing at the front of the room and tapping his foot. "Now that I've got your attention," he said, "we've got some problems."

"Other than Tyson?" Max quipped. Tyson punched him playfully on the arm.

"Now's not the time for jokes, Max." Kenny began pacing. "Dizzi was doing some hacking last night, and managed to get into the BioVolt mainframe. After a bit of poking around, I found something labeled `Fire and Water'."

"Those were our nicknames," Kai interrupted.

Kenny rolled his eyes. "I kinda figured. Anyways, it turns out that BioVolt knew a lot more about the Chosen than what they told you."

Elaina raised an eyebrow. "Like?"

"Like how according to some sort of ancient document, if all of you aren't at some shrine on a certain date, the world will be plunged into chaos."

The room was silent.

Kenny cleared his throat. "So," he said, "I think that finding all of the Chosen as soon as possible would be a pretty good idea. Logically, we should start by finding Hannah, so I suggest..."

Ray held out a hand. "Hold on, Chief. Let's get this straight. You want to go rescue my comatose sister from my old village, then find another six people who could be anywhere in the world, THEN go to a place that we don't know the location of, on a date we also don't know, to stop some sort of horrible event that may or may not happen."

Kenny nodded. "Pretty much."

Ray grinned. "Sounds like fun."

***

A few miles away, a familiar figure flicked off the screen in front of him. "Finally," he said, smiling and leaning back in his chair, "all my careful planning is coming to fruition." He stood up and plucked a familiar bowler hat from a hook on the wall. "I'd better get going. After getting them this far, I can't afford to have anything go wrong now." He picked up the phone and dialed.

"Hello, Japan Air, how may I help you?"

"My name is Mr. Dickenson. I'd like to reserve a seat on the next flight to China..."

TBC

--------------------------

Oooo, now what could Mr. Dickenson possibly have to do with the Chosen? In all honesty, even I'm not 100% sure yet!

Oh, does anyone know if the name of Ray's village is ever mentioned, and if so, what it is? I don't think it's ever said, but I don't want to go making up a name for it when it already has one.

Comments always welcome!

Oh, and the hickey thing? Happened to my cousin. Very, very funny.