Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ The Chosen ❯ Chapter Six: Escape ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Chosen

Chapter Six: Escape

Author: Kameko-chan

Warnings: Yaoi. Swearing.

Pairings: Kai/Ray, Tala/OC, hints of Max/Tyson

Notes: I really like Hannah. Her character just popped up out of nowhere, and I absolutely adore it.

-----------------------------------

Kai turned to look at Ray. "Oh good, you're awake."

Ray's mouth hung open as he stared at the ebony-haired girl sitting next to Kai. "What the HELL???!! Hannah, what are you doing here? And why are you... well, awake? And not all vegetative and such?"

Tyson blinked. "Oh, she's that Hannah?"

Hannah stood up and brushed the dirt off of her black kimono. She then strode calmly across the dark room to where Tyson was sitting, and leaned ever so slowly towards him, long strands of black hair brushing across her face... and swiftly smacked him across the head. "Of COURSE I'm that Hannah, dumbass," she said, shooting the slightly younger teen a glare.

"OW!!!" Tyson rubbed his head and glared. "I was just asking!"

Max snickered. "Are you sure you guys didn't get your siblings mixed up?" he asked through fits of giggles.

Kai raised an eyebrow. "I thought you said she was sweet?"

Hannah switched her death glare over to Kai. "You try living in this pit for six years, and see if you can keep your fucking sunny disposition."

"Good point."

"You still didn't answer my question." Ray crossed his arms, trying not to sway as another wave of dizziness passed over him. "Why aren't you insane or whatever?"

"Because I was faking, duh, Ray." Hannah's lavender eyes shifted to the door. "Think you can open that?"

"How can you FAKE being comatose?"

"I just had all my thoughts on a level too high for those idiots to sense." She looked at Kai. "You want to give me a hand, tattoo boy? All my magic seems to do is petrify this damn wood, I can't make it rot." //Oh,// she sent privately, //and please keep all fantasies of my brother naked and kneeling in front of you to yourself. I do NOT need those mental images, thank-you-very-much.//

Kai's eyes widened, and his breath caught in his throat. //Wha... how... huh??!!// `Great,' Kai thought, `I can't even send coherently...'

Ray looked at him, worry playing over his features. "You okay, Kai?"

Kai blushed furiously, the images that Hannah had caught him fantasizing about still fresh in his mind. "I'm fine," he muttered, averting his eyes. He stood up and walked over to the door that Hannah was standing by and raised is hand to it, getting ready to make the wood burst into flames.

"Wait!!" Elaina scrambled up from her spot on the floor, forgetting about Tala's head resting in her lap and sending the redhead crashing to the floor. "Sorry, Tala!" she called over her shoulder as she skidded to a stop in front of the aforementioned door. She rolled up the sleeves of her oversized trench coat and held her own hand to the door.

An eerie, glowing stream of ethereal water burst from Elaina's fingertips, washing over the door and seeping into the wood. The door flashed a brilliant shade of white for a moment, and then went dull again. "There was a reflection curse on the door," she explained to her confused onlookers. "Unless you wanted the fire to rebound and toast us all like marshmallows, I thought I should probably wash it away."

Hannah stared at the lavender-haired girl in disbelief. "You can see charms and such? AND get rid of them?"

"I can get rid of simple ones, yes."

"Damn, you sure come in handy." Hannah turned back to Kai. "Well, work your magic, tattoo boy."

Kai frowned slightly at the irritating nickname. He raised his hand to the door once more, his fingertips beginning to glow faintly red-

"Wait!!"

Kai fisted his hand and turned to the owner of the voice. "What is it, Max?" he asked, trying to keep the hard edge out of his voice.

The blonde tilted his head to the side. "Don't you think that we should figure out what we're going to do once you burn the door down? Do we blaze out of here, destroying all in our path? Or perhaps sneak out all ninja-style? And we should probably give a thought to where Kenny might be." The blue-eyed boy shrugged. "Just a suggestion."

Tyson leapt up. "I say we go with plan number two!" He struck an insane pose. "Fear the SPOON NINJA!!"[1]

Hannah rolled her eyes. "I've had quite enough of this crap," she said, flicking her hand at Tyson, causing the hyperactive boy to collapse on the floor.

Everyone in the room stared at Hannah in disbelief. Max's eyes flashed with anger as he knelt by his friend. "What did you do to him?"

"Don't worry, he's not hurt. I made all of his limbs fall asleep simultaneously. Death can do more than kill people, you know." The dark-haired girl turned to Kai. "Can we PLEASE get a move on? We'll worry about your friend once we're free, for now lets just get the hell out of here."

Kai nodded, and raised his hand to the door for the third time. Uninterrupted, the warm red glow reappeared at his fingertips. "Stand back," he warned as he pressed his hand to the door. Instantly, the whole frame was wreathed in bright red flames, hotter than any earthly fire could possibly be. The tiny room felt like an oven.

`If it's this hot over here,' Ray thought, beginning to panic, `what about...' //KAI!!//

//I'm fine, Ray. Don't worry.//

"Jesus, Kai," Tyson said, shielding his face from the intense flames, "did you have to make the fire so damn hot? I'm burning up over here!"

"Talk to me when you're the one with magic powers," Kai replied, a hint of amusement in his voice. "Elaina, want to douse this?"

Water flowed over flame, leaving the completely charred remains of the door. Kai kicked the blackened chunks of wood out of the way, and then peeked out into the hallway. Seeing no one throughout the long corridor, he stepped out of the room and motioned for the other six teens to follow.

***

An hour later, the group was horrified to discover that after wandering the seemingly endless hallways, they were back at their cell.

Tyson kicked the pile of ash that once served as a door. "This is insane!" he cried. "There was only one way to go! How did we end up back here?"

"Maybe there's a hidden door or something," Ray suggested. "This does seem to be a pretty secret place, I doubt the way out will be easy to find."

//Very good, Raymond.//

"What the..." Ray spun around, searching for the source of the voice before realizing that it was in his head. //Who are you?//

//That does not matter.// Kai, Elaina and Hannah heard the stranger now as well. //Follow my instructions, I will lead you out of here.//

Ray looked at Kai, who shrugged. //We don't really have much of a choice,// the blue-haired teen pointed out.

Ray nodded. //Okay,// he told the voice, //we'll listen.//

//Go down the corridor, I will tell you when you're approaching the first passage.// The four could feel the urgency that the stranger was projecting. //Hurry, you are running out of time!//

The small group of Chosen came to an unspoken consensus and bolted down the hallway.

Tyson looked at the retreating figures. He then turned to Max, who shrugged helplessly. Tyson shrugged back, Max nodded, and the two took off after the other four.

Tala shook his head. "I hate it when they do that," he sighed, before running to catch up with the group.

TBC

-----------------------------------------------

[1] My personal tribute to a late, great webcomic. RIP, DirtySocks. I'll miss you.

Kameko: That went well ^_^

Itazura: There was swearing. And violence to Tyson. I was appeased.

Kameko: o_O;; And you would be...

Itazura: Your yami, dumbass.

Kameko: I have a yami named dumbass?

Itazura: >.<;;; My name is Itazura!

Kameko: Then why'd you call yourself dumbass?

Itazura: I didn't, I called YOU-oh, nevermind! Review the stupid fic, or I will send you all to the Shadow Realm! *stalks away*

Kameko: *evil grin* And she thinks she's the yami... anyways, like she said, review! She's not joking, she WILL send you to the Shadow realm if you don't.

Itazura: Damn right!

Kameko: ^_^;;