Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ The Chosen ❯ Chapter Seven: Many Meetings ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Chosen

Chapter Seven: Many Meetings

Author: Kameko-chan

Warnings: Yaoi. Swearing.

Pairings: Kai/Ray, Tala/OC, hints of Max/Tyson

Notes: Look! I'm alive! Aliiiiiiiiiive!! Sorry it's been so long, but I had a serious case of writer's block and lack of confidence... which I still have, since I still think that this story is garbage -_-;; But thanks to so many kind reviews, I've begun to write once again! I've even begun to like this story again, even if it IS total garbage.

So, to all you reviewers and future reviewers, thank you. You guys totally rock.

--------------------------------

The seven teens had been following the voice's directions for over half an hour. Well, Kai, Ray, Elaina and Hannah had been following them; Tyson, Max and Tala were just desperately trying to keep up with their comrades.

//Are you sure you know where you're leading us?// Kai questioned suspiciously.

//Of course I am sure,// the unidentified woman sent, //You will have to trust me, you are almost free. Turn left here, and then go through the door.//

The gang turned the corner. Sure enough, the twisting corridor ended abruptly at a simple wooden door. Too simple...

"What if it's a trap?" Ray echoed the thought going through everyone's minds.

"There's no magical traps," Elaina reassured him. "Although, if there's poison tipped arrows rigged to the door, we're screwed."

Kai glared at his sister. "That isn't helping." He stepped towards the door. "You guys step back, I'll open--"

"NO!" Ray grabbed Kai's arm reflexively. "I-I mean, er, no, we should find another way..." he stuttered lamely as he released Kai's arm. He blushed furiously.

Kai looked at Ray, his heart racing. Crimson searched gold, wondering, barely daring to hope-

"Oh, get a room, you two." Hannah pushed past the dumbstruck teens and yanked on the door's bronze handle.

Have you ever seen six teenagers go from standing to flat on the floor in .64 seconds? It's quite the amusing sight, let me tell you. Surprisingly, none of them suffered severe internal injuries, or even whiplash!

"Honestly, you guys are such women." Hannah shook her head, her amusement evident in her voice. "You can stand up now, nothing's going to pop out and get you."

"If my intention was to kill you, you would be dead already."

The group turned to look at the source of the voice that several of them had been hearing in their heads for nearly an hour. Night had fallen while they were in their cell, and the harsh glare of a pair of headlights made it so a tall, slim silhouette was all that could be made out.

Tala was the first to speak. "Why are you hiding your face? Turn the light off so that we can see you!"

The shadowy face turned, and Tala could feel the stranger's glare upon him. "I do not take orders from anyone, and especially not from a non-magic like you."

Tala's body tensed up and he nearly launched himself at the girl in a fit of rage, but Elaina gently placed a hand on his shoulder and shook her head. "It's not worth it," she whispered, "ignore her."

"Please," Max said hastily, hoping to avoid a nasty incident, "would you turn off the light?"

"That is better," the girl said haughtily. "Joel, turn them off."

"Sure thing, Adri!" A cheerful male voice with a hint of an accent-perhaps British, it was difficult to tell--sounded from somewhere a few yards away. "And you didn't have to be such a bitch about it, geez..." The light switched off.

The girl standing in the doorway appeared to be about twenty years old, perhaps a little younger. Chestnut hair fell just below her shoulders, and her grey eyes seemed to glow and eerie silver in the moonlight. She was wearing a long silver robe over a simple white cotton t-shirt and white jeans-an odd ensemble indeed. Finally, a marking on her hand: four squares joined together; two black, two white, each with a circle of the opposite color in the center.

"You're a Chosen," Ray said blankly.

"Yes I am, Ray." She smiled at the awestruck look on his face, her cool, clear voice taking on a hint of amusement. "How do I know your name, you're wondering? The answer to that is simple--I am the Chosen of Order, and so I possess the Sight. You see," she turned around to look at the star-spotted night sky, "there is an order to all that occurs in the universe. Everything that will ever happen has been preordained, and my power allows me to glimpse future events as they are set out. Naturally," she turned back to the groups of confused teens, "seeing events that have already occurred is a cakewalk."

"Adri," the male voice called out again, "Can you save the `holier-than-thou' speech for another time? There's people swarming all over the place, and sooner or later they're going to remember that there's a door here."

Adri sighed. "I told you Joel, we won't get caught."

"I'd rather not tempt Fate, thanks." The owner of the voice--a brown-haired, hazel-eyed boy in his late teens--appeared next to Adri. "Come on, guys, to the jeep!" he said, motioning for the others to follow him.

Not really having an alternative, the group followed Joel to the jeep. He shouted a quick "Hold on!" before burning rubber out of the village, nearly sending the vehicle's occupants hurtling out of it.

"Why are we going so fast?" Ray shouted over the roar of the engine. "Someone's going to notice us if we go tearing up the streets!"

"We'll be long gone by the time anyone even looks!" Joel shouted back, a huge grin plastered on his face. "Come on, where's your sense of adventure?"

"I've had more than enough adventure to last me a lifetime, thanks," Ray muttered, trying to stay in his seat as they went over a particularly large bump.

They tore through the main street of the village, and then turned sharply down a side street. Ray kept looking nervously at the doors and windows of the houses they passed, surprised to see that they were all deserted. //This is weird... where is everyone? We're making enough noise to wake the dead!//

//Don't worry, they've all gone to see the execution,// Joel sent offhandedly.

//WHAT?//

"We're here!" Joel said, deciding not to elaborate on the subject until everyone was in the safehouse. "Hurry up, everyone's going to be back soon."

"What did you mean, `execution'?"

Joel sighed. "I'll tell you about it later, right now there's some people you need to meet." He rummaged in his pocket and drew out a ring of keys. "Now, let's see... ah, this one!" He selected a tiny, silver key and turned it in the lock, then pushed open the door. "Oi, we're back! And we brought company!"

"You found them, then?" An all-to-familiar voice floated down the hallway. "Excellent work, Joel!"

The Bladebreakers' (minus Kenny, who was still MIA) mouths hung open as the man in the bowler hat that they all knew and loved appeared at the top of the stairs.

"Mr Dickenson?"

TBC

----------------------------------

Kameko: So, is it total garbage? I think so, but it doesn't really matter what I think, does it?

In the next chapter, I'm hoping to reveal some dark secrets about some of the characters, thanks to Adri's powers and totally bitchy attitude. Hee!

I'm loving this fic again.

Itazura: That's just peachy.

Kameko: Why the hell do you keep showing up for no reason?

Itazura: Because I can.

Kameko: *rolls eyes*