Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Growing Up ❯ Chapter 2: New Surroundings ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Growing up
Serie: Bleach
Warning: Shounen-ai / Yaoi
Note: Before you ask, what happening it's after Soul Society and the current arc. Aizen is yet to be defeated, but Hinamori is out of her coma, and NOT dating Hitsugaya. If I'm correct, this would happen a year after Soul Society arc. ALSO, there's a reference to a fanfiction called Peanut Butter by Koyuki-san on fanfiction.net (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2670652/1/)
Summary: What if they found out the cause why Hitsugaya hasn't hit puberty? What if the solution is in Ichigo's world?
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Bleach, but the current plot is my own.
 
For the readers: Thank you so much for the reviews! It's great to know I managed to pull a great first chapter and that you guys like it.
 
 
 
Chapter 2: New Surroundings
 
The sunlight hit his face that morning and he was really not in the mood. It was now official to Ichigo; the captain of the 10th division was not a morning person. The small captain had curled under the covers with a few complaining groans, to Ichigo's amusement. He took a piece of paper and wrote a note to tell what excuse he gave his dad to allow him to stay and telling him he was off to school. He wasn't sure when the white haired boy was going to wake up, but he couldn't stay all day there to wait. He just went on with his daily routine.
 
It was a few hours when Hitsugaya woke up, alone and wondering where he was until he recognized the room; he was at Kurosaki's place. He groaned; this was not his day. He got up and, surprisingly, he didn't feel dizzy with a headache. He actually felt a lot better than the previous few days. He looked around and noticed a piece of paper.
 
Hey Hitsugaya,
 
Sorry if I had to leave so soon, I have school after all. Just to let you know I have convinced my family to let you stay here until everything is over. Managed to find an excuse: parental problems and you didn't have anywhere to go. It was convincing. Don't ask okay?
 
I'll see you after school.
 
Kurosaki Ichigo
 
Hitsugaya frowned; the excuse was a little too good. He wondered why it worked well until his just frowned even more; of course it would work since he was vertically challenged as some would put it. He put the note in the garbage and looked around; what should he do while he has to wait for the substitute shinigami to come back? The bottom drawer of Ichigo's desk slowly opened and the head of a yellow lion stuffed animal appeared. It glared at Hitsugaya, who gave it an annoyed glared.
 
After a few seconds of this glare contest, Hitsugaya got annoyed, walked to the drawer and kicked it close. Kon just started to complain about rude kids when Hitsugaya kicked it again.
 
“Stupid, I'm much older than Kurosaki, so put a sock in it!” he said, three times more annoyed.
 
It shut Kon defiantly. He decided to get down and have a look around. Everyone of the Kurosaki children were at school and the patriarch was in the clinic, so that left Hitsugaya alone in the house. He walked around until he found himself in the kitchen. Amazingly, because he was sick the past few days, he was relatively hungry. He opened some of the counters and the fridge, looking for something to eat. In one of the counters, he found a jar containing something brown. He took it and opened the jar; it smelled okay, but looked funny. He poked it and tasted the brown substance; it was really good. He looked around and looked in the drawers; he needed something to eat it. In one of the drawers, he found something that had a curve shape added with a long handle.
 
“That should do it,” he said to himself.
 
He took a good spoon of the brown substance and put it in his month. He couldn't help to smile and act like his physical age. He made a note to himself to ask Kurosaki about this. He actually ate half of the jar before feeling he was okay.
 
And now, for more exploration…
 
Later that day
 
After a tiring day at school (and a ton of homework), he was back, hoping that his visitor was going to be in his room, awake this time. He entered his home and his dad welcomed him with his usual way…
 
“ICHIGO ~ ~ ~!!!” he yelled, trying to kick him.
 
He blocked and retaliated by punching him. “Baka…” he said.
 
“I'm so proud of my son!!” he said, with tears of joy.
 
Ichigo sighed and just walk on and ignore his dad, not wanting to hear it anymore. He walked upstairs and was not surprised to see Hitsugaya sitting on his bed and looking outside. He closed his door and put his bag near his desk. Hitsugaya had heard him coming - how can he not when he heard the yelling downstairs - and looked at Ichigo. He just glared at him before getting up from the bed.
 
“Took you long enough to come back,” said Hitsugaya, annoyed.
 
“I got in trouble on the way back,” he replied, putting his bag away. “Feeling any better?”
 
“A lot more than the last few days,” he replied back. “Can you at least tell me exactly the excuse you gave to your family?” he added with a frown.
 
Ichigo looked at the small captain with a blank expression; this was not going to be good if he told his the full story. He chewed on his bottom lip and looked away.
 
“I simply told them you had problems at home and you needed a place to stay for awhile,” he said, not knowing if it would do.
 
“I don't buy it Kurosaki,” he said, glaring even more. “Tell me EXACTLY what you said to them.”
 
Hitsugaya was giving a death glare to Ichigo, which the teenager slightly back away. He cursed again Rukia and Hinamori to convince him to take the small captain under his roof. He was going to have a word with these two next time he sees them.
 
“Well?” said Hitsugaya, annoyed.
 
“I said parental problems… Like they were not taking care of you properly, which lead you to get sick, among other things,” he said.
 
Ichigo could see the captain twitching; this was not good for his life and health. He was not going to like it if Hitsugaya started to yell at him or just beat him up, even if he was a midget.
 
“You are truly an idiot Kurosaki!” he said with an angry voice. “What were you thinking?!!! Do you know what your family thinks about that?!!! They probably think I'm beat up by my supposed parents!!”
 
Ichigo winced; he was sure his family thought that, but he never suggested this part. The white haired captain gave a death glare at Kurosaki.
 
Later
 
After dinner, they were back in the room, Ichigo was studying and Hitsugaya was doing nothing, bored to death. He had tried to answer the questions that the Kurosaki family had asked him, but somehow, nothing really come out beside he didn't want to talk about it, which didn't help him at all.
 
Suddenly, the medallion that Ukitake gave to Ichigo went off, startling the two boys. As a reflex, Hitsugaya was about to leave his gigai when he felt dizzy and collapsed on the bed. Seconds later, he looked at Ichigo, who was in his Shinigami form, surprised. Hitsugaya sat up and rubbed his right temple.
 
“You're okay?” he asked.
 
“Yes,” replied Hitsugaya, getting up. “I can't get out of this gigai it seems..."
 
He looks around and saw the bag he had found out during his exploring; it contains some belongings he had here and the usual cellphone that all shinigamis had, except his was blue with the symbol of his division. He opened it and checked the location. He looked and saw that the orange haired teenager was about to leave.
 
“Where are you going?” he said, annoyed.
 
“Why do you ask?" replied Ichigo. He looked at the white haired captain only to meet an annoyed glare and realized what was going on. "Oh no! You are not coming!"
 
A few minutes later
 
Ichigo was very not happy; he was furious. Not only he had to bring Hitsugaya along, but he had to carry him. That was enough to get Ichigo furious and cursing Rukia and Hinamori yet again. On his back, Hitsugaya was looking at his cellphone, checking once again the location of the Hollow.
 
“It's near," said Hitsugaya, pointing to the same direction that the signal came from.
 
Ichigo just groaned and ran faster to the direction that Hitsugaya gave him. It was just plain annoying to have to carry someone around. He could finally see the hollow; it was really big. He got close enough and stopped.
 
“What are you stopping for?” asked Hitsugaya.
 
“I'm NOT going to fight with you on my back,” he replied, putting the white haired boy and leaving him on the roof.
 
“HEY! DON'T LEAVE ME HERE IDIOT!” he yelled, pissed off.
 
Ichigo ignored the yelling and continued to go toward the hollow. He got his zanpaktou out and attacked quickly it, destroying its mask. It was quick and he was happy it was done. He sighed; too easy compared to what he fought almost a year ago.
 
He jumped on the roof and went directly where Hitsugaya was. A few seconds later, he reached him. He was welcomed by a furious white haired captain. His arms were crossed and he could see that he was twitching. Ichigo could tell it was not going to be good.
 
“WHAT WERE YOU THINKING, LET ME HERE LIKE THAT?!” yelled Hitsugaya.
 
He's pissed thought Ichigo. He could only stare at the very angry captain.
 
Later
 
They were both back from the Hollow accounter; Hitsugaya actually kicked Ichigo knee and punched him in the face right after. Now back home, with a bruised knee and chin - not to mention back in his body - Ichigo was not sure if he could take more of this nightmare.
 
He wasn't the only one; Hitsugaya wanted it out of here and back in Soul Society, even if he had to be bedded like Ukitake for the rest of his life. The mere idea of not being able to fight or even do anything related to shinigami duties made him cranky. He was not going to whine about it and just sighed, looking outside while Ichigo finished his homework.
 
Ichigo finally closed his books and yawned; he was tired. He looked at Hitsugaya, who seemed lost in his thoughts and tired. He sighed; this was going to be a very time for the substitute shinigami.
 
Note: Finally done! Chapter 2 was kind of funny to do. And again, I apologize if some of the characters are OOC. Comments are welcome (and I do suggest comment, that way, I can see what's wrong and right here.)