CSI - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Twin Trouble ❯ First Impressions ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
^u^ Third Chapter for you good folks who read this!
DISCLAIMER: I do not own CSI:Miami or any of the characters, they are all property of CBS Broadcasting Inc and Alliance-Atlantis Communications.

Ryan led his sister to the office where she would be working, only problem she saw was she worked by herself. "Your lab does'nt have any Reconstructionists*?" she asked, looking around at the smooth steel table, black file cabinets, and lone desk with two trays labled "Nightshift" and "Dayshift". "Sorry but no, you're the first and only one the lab ever had" He looked over to her desk and nodded at it "And from the look of it you're going to be helping both day and nightshift." Alexis nodded glumly, she hated working alone, even if her job came naturally. "Hey, don't worry I'm right next door to you so don't be afraid to come and ask me anything you need help on." He said, smiling as his sister smiled. "Ok, thanks Ryan." She said, happily going over to the desk. Ryan smiled and left the room, only to be called back by his sister. "Need something?" He asked leaning on the door frame. Alexis nodded "You would'nt happen to have a lab coat for me would ya?" she asked, leaning back on her desk. Ryan nodded and disappeared before arriving back with a lab coat. "This is the spare, clip your ID to it." He said, tossing her the lab coat and watching her put it on, clipping the ID card to her collar. He smiled and left her alone to take in her new surroundings. "Well, I don't have anything to do right now. Maybe I'll look around." she said, smiling and leaving her new office. She wandered about, completely lost and very confused until she heard the familiar sounds of gunfire. "Gun shots? Why are there gun shots in the middle of a lab?" she asked aloud, following the sounds to an indoor range. She waited until the shots stopped before entering and spotting a tall blonde woman. "Um why were you firing a gun at that target?" She asked, making the blonde woman jump a little bit. "Oh, I'm sorry I did'nt hear you come in" the woman turned around and smiled at her "I was firing at it so I can collect the bullets and compare them to one used in a murder." The woman explained as she nodded. "You're a balistics specialist then?" She asked, earning a bigger smile from the blonde woman. "Yes I am. Oh my names Calleigh Duquesne, Calleigh for short, what's yours?" Calleigh asked. "I'm Alexis, just started today." Alexis said with a smile. "Really? What lab are you in?" Calleigh asked as she bagged some bullets. "I'm in Reconstruction." Alexis said proudly. "Reconstruction? I've never heard of that." Alexis smiled a little and explained her job. "Does'nt surprise me, not alot of people have heard of Reconstruction. All it really is is taking pieces of evidence like letters or bullet fragments, sometimes even glass, and putting them back together." "So it's like solving a puzzle?" "I guess you could say that." Alexis said with a smile as her and Calleigh left the range. Her and Calleigh talked for sometime until Eric showed up. "Hey Calleigh, you compared the bullets yet? I see you've met Alexis" He said. Calleigh shook her head. "Not yet I'm just getting to that but yes I have met Alexis. And just so you know Eric, I don't see what family resemblance you were talking about." She said, thoroughly confusing Alexis. "Resemblance? You mean me and my brother right?" Alexis asked as Calleigh nodded. "Yeah, I just can't see it." Alexis giggled "It's alright not alot of people can but if you really look at our eyes their the same color around the iris." Calleigh looked closely at Alexis' eyes and nodded. "They are, but how come you knew that Eric?" Eric only smiled, "Is it a crime to look at a girls eyes when she's talking?" Both Calleigh and Alexis said no. "Hey Lexi, I've got something that requires your expertise." Ryan said jogging up and stopping in his tracks at the sight of his two co-workers. "Ok I'm coming. It was nice to meet you Calleigh." She said, taking the sealed manilla envelope from Ryan and heading back to her office, leaving Ryan alone with Eric and Calleigh. "So Ryan, how come you never said you had a sister?" Calleigh asked as Ryan struggled for an answer. "Yeah, why did'nt you ever say you had a sister?" Eric said, practically echoing Calleigh. Ryan sighed and ran his hand through is hair. "It's a long and complicated story but all I'm going to tell you is it was safer for both her and me before anyone found out." He said, leaving Eric and Calleigh alone. Calleigh merely shrugged but Eric refused to let it go and headed over to Alexis' office.

AN: *Reconstructionist was something I just came up with and have no idea if it is a real proffesion or not, if it is well neh I've never seen it on the show thus far. ^u^ It'd be mega cool if you peeps read and review.