CSI - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Twin Trouble ❯ Dinner date anyone? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
^u^ Fourth Chapter for you good folks who read this! >.> I know the chappies seem really short but it's because I'm typing this on WordPad (my computer self deleted Microsoft Word for some reason) soo bare with me in the mean time 'cause the chapters look long at first but then are short when I upload them.
DISCLAIMER: I do not own CSI:Miami or any of the characters, they are all property of CBS Broadcasting Inc and Alliance-Atlantis Communications.
Eric knocked on Alexis' office door, waiting until he heard someone yell it was ok to enter. He went in and looked around, taking note of the large steel table where Alexis stood as she pieced together what looked like a bullet. "Hey, sorry if I'm interupting you but I thought I'd come in and see how you were doing..." his sentence trailed off as she looked up at him, leaning on the table slightly. "That's not the real reason you're in here, now tell me the truth before I kick you out." she crossed her arms in front of her chest and he looked down for a moment before making eye contact with her. "Ryan said something about it being safer for both of you that co-workers and friends did'nt know the other existed, I just wanted to know why." She looked down and hastily put the reconstructed bullet back into a minila envelope, making a new seal and initialing it before turning back to him. "I'd rather not talk about it but to make a long, complicated story short me and Ryan have a....history down in D.C. and I'd rather not say what happend but Ryan was right that it WAS safer that no one knew we were related." She ran her hand through her hair, pulling it out of the ponytail it was in before looking back to him. "I'm sorry if that confused you but maybe, when it's safe, I can tell you the whole story." He smiled at her and nodded. "It's alright but I have just one more question." "What would that be?" He looked down almost hesitantly. "You wanna go out and grab a bite to eat afterwork?" She smiled and laughed a little. "I guess so, you get off at 7?" "Yeah, 7 sharp, so you wanna meet up in the parking lot and head out to eat from there?" She smiled at him and looked thoughtful for a moment. "Yeah, I rode in with Ryan so I guess that'd be ok. I'll see you in the parking lot later." She went over to usher him out, envelope in hand. "Let me drop this off with Calleigh and tell Ryan." "Ok, see you later Alexis." She nodded as he left the office, watching her close the door before heading over to ballistics with the bullet for Calleigh. Eric had a goofy grin on his face as his phone rang, the number revealing it was Horatio. He gave a reluctant sigh and answered only to be told he was needed out on a murder scene with another available CSI. "Alright, I'll be there soon." "Eric will you do me a favor?" "Yeah, what do you need?" "Bring Alexis out, I want to see how she handles a crime scene." "Bring Alexis? Sure thing H." Eric hung up and went over to ballistics but ran right into Alexis on the way there. "Hey Alexis, I got a call out to a scene and I got asked to bring you along." "Really?" She smiled and looked Eric right in the eye. "Where's the kit for the scene?" He smiled and merely ushered her out to the parking lot and into a vehicle. "Don't we need out kits?" He started the car and buckled his seat belt. "There's two already in the car, we just have to get to the scene." Alexis nodded as Eric drove to the adress he had been given by Horatio, right into the rich district of town. Horatio stood there and told Eric that the victim had a gunshot to the head and some glass stuck in his torso before letting the two of them through. "Do you see anything unusual?" Eric asked as Alexis concentrated on the victims torso, pulling the glass out and putting them into seperate envelopes. "No, this is standard crystal glass, common in ash trays. Weird thing is there's not enough to make a whole tray..." her sentence stopped as her eyes wandered along the ground. She crawled over to a nearby table and looked at the floor. "Eric, there's blood over here, blood and glass shards." "If the victim had it in his chest it might be his blood." "It's not...this is still fresh, the vic's is quagulating." Eric nodded and swabbed the spot. Little more happend at the scene, short of her impressing Horatio when she asked to see a supposed witness' hand. "You have a cut." She said, as the witness tried to pull their hand away. "I cut my hand this morning on a knife while doing dishes." "No, this cuts fresh..like you cut yourself trying to clean up glass..." Eric and Horatio watched as she stared at the cut. "Eric, will you please handcuff our witness..." Her sentence trailed off as an officer pulled a gun from the bushes, Eric handcuffed the witness while she collected the gun. "The gun has blood on it too....smeared down the handle...and glass embeded in it too..." Eric knew where she was going and bagged the gun, hurrying her back to the car as the headed over to the station. She pieced the glass together, forming half an ash tray while Eric had Natalia process the blood. "The blood on the gun and glass matches the witness." Eric said while Alexis smiled. "I knew they did it..." She looked up to him, her eyes sparkling with pride. "They had me fooled, good job." Eric said as he gave her a friendly hug. The witness confessed at the end and by the time Eric finished filing the report and doing the necessary paperwork it was 7 p.m.. "I hope I have'nt kept her waiting." Eric said as he jogged out of the locker room and to the parking lot where Alexis stood in different clothes. "When did you change?" He asked as they both walked over to his car. "A few minuets ago, Ryan brought some spare clothes of mine just in case the ones I wore to work got bloody." She twirled once so Eric could get a full look at her black skirt that hit her mid thigh, tight white shirt with a little collar, and black boots that stopped mid-calf. "I must say you do look great." She smiled at him as they stopped at his car while he unlocked her door. "Thank you for the compliment." She said as she got into the car. He could'nt help but smile as he went over to his side and unlocked the door before getting in and starting it up. "So where are we going for dinner?" She asked as he backed out of the parking lot. "You'll see, but I can tell you now it's probably going to be boring at the place we're going to." She smiled and looked out the window while Eric grinned, he lied about the boring part and she'd figure that out when they got to where he was going.