Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ DBA ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 7

Vegita walked out into the night, more confused than ever. He was always told emotions were for the weak, and yet there he was, training like a mad man just so Frieza wouldn't be able to touch Bulma. However, he knew it was mroe than that. That monster needed to pay. He had treated him like a slave for the last time! He would avenge his father's death by killing the beast, and take his place as King of the Saiyans.

Vegita turned around. He could still see Capsule Corp. in his sight. "What is she doing to me?" he whispered. "Is it . . ."

"VEGITA!"

Vegita's eyes bulged at the sound of Bulma's cry. She seemed like . . .

"VEGITA, PLEASE HELP ME!"

Vegita immediately powered up and flew full speed toward Capsule Corp. When he blasted through the door, his heart sank. There was Frieza with a bunch of his men, looming over Bulma seductively.

Frieza turned and smirked at Vegita. "Look who it is boys. Why not run along, little Princeling. Leave me to my fun." He grinned at Bulma, his nasty tounge slithering out of his mouth.

"Vegita, help!" Bulma whimpered.

Vegita could feel his energy rise, his fists clutched together so tight his veins ran red.

Frieza, annoyed, turned to Vegita. "I said go. I order you, monkey!"

Suddenly, without warning, Vegita powered up to his maximum and ran full-force onto Frieza, sending him flying out the window. His 'loyal' minions merely watched in shock.

"Woa, Goku, did you feel that?!" Krillen cried. The group of them were all at ChiChi's house.

"Yea, I did," GOku said very solemnly.

"What is it?" ChiChi inquired.

"Trouble." Goku replied. "Come on guys, we better check it out."

"Yea," they all agreed.

Frieza slowly got up, turning to the angered Prince. A trickle of purple blood ran down his lip. "How DARE YOU!" he hissed.

"I no longer take orders from you, scum!" Vegita hissed, his power surging througout his body. "I am going to kill you."

"Rrrrr GET HIM!" Frieza ordered to him minions.

Hesitantly, the four ran up behind Vegita. Without looking back, however, Vegita just aimed a hand at them, blasting them all away. "Your fight's with ME, you ugly looser freak!" Vegita hollared. "So don't bother to send any more of your goons!"

Frieza snickered menacingly, while Bulma watched from behind a practically completely shattered wall. "Well, I have to admire your courage," Frieza said in a taunting voice. "Too bad your courage won't save you."

Vegita flew at Frieza and shot his fist at his face, but Frieza easily blocked it with his own. The two began to exchange blow for blow, Frieza laughing toyingly, until finally the monster struck Vegita to the ground. Frieza then began his mercilous assault on the Prince, slashing and tearing away at his flesh. When he finished, Vegita was bathed in blood.

" . . . Vegita . . ." Bulma choked out.

"And now, you worthless monkey trash," Frieza hissed. "You will die." He floated up a ways and began to form a large ball of energy at the tip of his fingers. Vegita could only watch in horror as it grew in size.

"Good bye, Princeling!" Frieza hollared.

"NOOOOOOO! VEGITA!!" Bulma suddenly raced from the shadows and fell like a forcefield around the fallen warrior. "DON'T TOUCH HIM!" she hollared.

Vegita blinked in shock.

"Ka me ha me HA!"

Frieza barely had enough time to turn his head before the massive blast collided with his body, sending him crashing into a nearby mountain.

"GOKU!" Bulma gasped as she saw her old friend. He raced up to the two, as did all the others.

"We heard there was trouble," Tien said. "We thought you could use some help."

Vegita, slowly and painfully, began to sit up. "I don't . . . need your help. And I don't . . . want it either! Go away, this fight is between me and Frieza!"

"What? That's talking nonesence!" Goku cried. "We'll all help!"

"I said go AWAY!" Vegita cried, jumping to his feet, but suddenly falling over from his injuries.

"Vegita!" Bulma cried. "VEGITA!"

"Vegita . . . Vegita . . . Vegita . . ." that repeating name ran over and over in Vegita's blank mind.

His whole world was black and fading. But then, there it was. A light began to shimmer in the darkness, growing with every beat of Vegita's heart. From that light came a figure, a figure all too well known. "Vegita," it spoke. "You cannot continue to fool yourself like this."

"Emotions are for the weak, boy!"

"Vegita . . . listen to me. You have the power within you."

". . . weakling! . . ."

"Please listen to me, my Prince. Emotions . . ."

"Emotions are for the weak! FOR THE WEAK!"

"Emotions are what make people strong . . . never forget that . . . my son."

Vegita's eyes shot open, the fresh and forgotten words returning to him. 'Emotions are what make people strong.'

"VEGITA!"

Vegita's eyes fell on Bulma, whom was held tight by Frieza's large hands. Frieza chuckled menacingly. "Your Prince can't save you, you bitch," he laughed. "He's as dead as you're going to wish YOU were!"

"Let Bulma go."

Frieza's face widened as he faced the Saiyan Prince, still alive, and standing up in an attack position. This only made him laugh harder. "What are YOU going to do, Princeling? Defeat me? You can barely stand! Ah ha ha ha ha ha!"

"Let her go, you ugly freak of nature," Vegita hissed.

"Maybe I will . . . and maybe I'll just SNAP HER NECK IN TWO!" Frieza held Bulma high, about to do his deed for amuzement, when suddenly Vegita was right there. Within a blink of an eye he had knocked Frieza to the ground and grabbed Bulma, holding her tightly in his arms.

"Vegita . . ." Bulma gasped.

Vegita turned to look at Bulma, his eyes filled with more passion than they had ever been before. "Bulma," he almost whispered. "I want you to know . . . that I love you."

Bulma's eyes filled with tears, but she did not have time to react as Vegita knocked her at the back of her head, making her immediately fall unconscious. The Prince then took her to the ground and placed her gently behind a large boulder. "Sorry, woman, but you'll only get in my way," he said before he turned back to the battlefield.

His eyes scanned the area. The other warriors who had come to first help him lied in a heap on the floor. They were still alive, he could tell. It was just like that monster - play first, kill later. Finally, his eyes rested on the beast. His face was twisted with anger and outrage.

"That's it, monkey! I've had enough of you!" he yelled. "This time I will FINISH YOU OFF!" With those words, he began to form a massive attack at the tip of his fingers.

Vegita's power began to rise, a fire beginning to spark within him. His eyes were cold and menacing, like that of a demons. "You have played me for the last time, Frieza," he hissed loud and clear, his energy forming into tiny sparks. "You have killed my father, you have made the Saiyan race to be a coward! And now you try to take the ONE PERSON WHO I CARE ABOUT AWAY FROM ME!" His energy flashed about him, rolling around his arms and legs and exploding into small blasts around him. His hair began to change to a gold color, and his eyes began to turn to teal. "Now," he yelled, "You will DIIIIIIE!!!!"

A large blast errupted from Vegita's body, spreading far and wide over the battlefield. It engulfed everything, including the monster Frieza. It's force rang loud and clear and blasted in one large explosion, sending with it debris of all kind and screams of the two battling warriors.

Bulma's eyes slowly opened, her head pounding furiously. Placing a hand on her aching head she began to pull herself over the boulder. Her eyes came upon the battlefield, and she gasped. It was one large, dark crater. She looked up to the sky, noticing it's dark nature. It was almost pitch black, it's only light being flashes of lightening that shot off here and there. Rain accompanied it, and beat down hard on everything it touched.

Bulma gasped as her thoughts returned back to the crater. "VEGITA!" Immediately she ran over to the sight where she noticed the whole of her friends had gathered. Her heart sank at this, especially since they were looking down. When she got there, she almost fainted. Vegita lied in the middle of the crater, his body pulverized, not giving off any signs of life.

"Bulma . . . I'm sorry," Goku tried. He went to put a hand on his friend's shoulder, but before he could Bulma had raced down the crater and landed on her back next to Vegita.

"Vegita . . . please . . . don't leave me!" she cried, sitting up and grabbing him by his shoulders. "Don't leave me!" She shook him again, but recieved no reaction.

The rain poured ever harder, the only sound that night. The lightening had ceased, but the dark sky stayed still.

And suddenly Vegita stirred.

Bulma gasped. "Vegita . . ." to the others she called, "Hurry! Get a doctor, please!"

However, none of them seemed to hear. Yamcha couldn't seem to aprehend any of this.

Tears pouring down Bulma's eyes, she lied next to him, hugging him close, and a song came past her lips.

"You are my sunshine,
my only sunshine,
you make me happy,
when skies are grey.

You'll never know dear,
how much I love you,
so please don't take,
that sunshine away."

END