Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Battle For Acceptance ❯ The Past Becomes The Present ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer-DBZ isn't mine

Ages:

Gohan, Bideru, Ireezer, Lime, Chico, Dende, Shyapuna, Enjira-14

Goten, Torankusu, Marron, Ayame-7

All Adults except Pikoro-29

Pikoro-???

Timeline:

At age 4, Gohan is kidnapped by Radditz and Pikoro

At age 5, Gohan faces off against Bejiita and Nappa. He then goes to Nameksei with Buruma and Kuririn. Battles with Furieza. Mirai Torankusu appears and warns of androids

At age 6, Gohan faces off with the Jinzouningen and Seru earlier than he expected.

At age 7, Gohan ends his role as the youngest when Goten, Torankusu, Marron, and Ayame are born.

At age 14, Gohan goes to High School and faces off with Buu

The Past Becomes The Present

Gohan tensed his tail. How in God's name his tail had finally grown back was beyond him, but it seemed to be staying for awhile. All attempts to cut it off had been futile. It was like it had been set in stone.

"Or someone wished it back, indestructible," Gohan muttered. But Shen Long hadn't been summoned, that he knew. The dragon wouldn't be out for another 4 months.

"Gohan-kun."

He turned. He was waiting outside Oren'ji Hoshi High School, waiting for the first bell to ring. "'Mornin', Bideru-san."

Bideru ran a hand through her short black hair. "Gohan-kun, are you sure you should go back so soon? The press meeting was only yesterday. They're going to flock all over you."

The Zen Warriors had agreed to Gokou's plan. Some, like Bejiita, had been more than willing to reveal themselves to the public. Juuhachi had been reluctant, not wanting to air any of her dirty laundry, but eventually came around under the guarantee that if the plan backfired, they'd have Shen Long to rely on.

Mr. Satan and Buruma had set up a press conference the day before, during which, everything was revealed. Why West City had blown up years previous, why Pikoro was green. That they had traveled space, that jinzouningen could reform and be married and have children.

Most shocking of all was the truth about the Cell Games.

"Bideru!"

Gohan and Bideru turned to see an energetic blonde, this time with green contacts instead of blue, running towards them.

"Good morning, Ireezer," Bideru said.

"Bideru, I watched the news last night," Ireezer said. "My God, I can't believe it…are you OK?"

"I'm fine," Bideru said. "Where's Shyapuna?"

Ireezer frowned. "He's talking with Enjira."

"Enjira? The Geisha-in-training? Why's he talking to her?"

"Something about them both dating liars."

"WHAT?! I never dated Shyapuna!" Bideru yelped.

"I went out with Enjira once, and that was 'cause she forced me!" Gohan cried.

Ireezer frowned. "I know. Shyapuna's such a 6@$t@rd. And Enjira's a whore. They deserve each other."

Bideru put her hand on Ireezer's shoulder. "You liked Shyapuna once, didn't you?"

Ireezer bit her lip to prevent tears. "Yes," she whimpered.

(A/N: Ireezer, or Erasa if you haven't figured out, is one of the better characters. She's much smarter than the show makes her out to be. So, she will be treated with respect. She'll even get a boyfriend. Dende. And before you say "Nameks are asexual", there will be an explanation. Ireezer will also have a special history.)

Gohan put his arm around the girl's shoulder. "If he's what you say he is, he'll be easy t' get over."

Ireezer nodded. She pulled away and took a tissue out of her purse. "Look at me," she said, dabbing her eyes. "Here I am, crying when it's your lives that are screwed up."

Bideru shrugged. "The less fanboys, the better."

"But I'm gonna have a million an' one fangirls," Gohan said. "That is, if my being an alien doesn't scare 'em off."

"Well, who cares!" Ireezer said. "Three's a company."

"Two's a company," Bideru corrected.

"Nope, three. You're not booting me out, are you?" She gave them the puppy dog eyes.

BRING!

"There's the almighty bell," Bideru announced in a fake robotic voice. "We must obey its every whim."

Ireezer and Gohan laughed, as the three entered their school.

"Son Gohan!" their teacher exclaimed, stepping back from the door as the trio walked in.

"Good morning, Yokohama-sensei," Gohan said respectfully. He turned to the class, returning to his normal speech patterns. "Bideru an' I are sick an' tired of answerin' questions. Everythin' that was on the news last night was everythin' there was t' tell. So please don't bother us with questions." He turned back to his teacher. "Do you mind, Yokohama-sensei?"

"Not at all."

Gohan caught the hesitation in his teacher's voice.

He knew that it wouldn't be like in books, where when someone was alienated, everyone backed away from them like scared 4-year-olds. This person usually had one friend, normally a member of the opposite sex. The person then turned to drugs and violence until a trip to the hospital turned their life around, and their opposite-gender friend usually made love to the person, or at least engaged in some romantic contact near the end.

Real life wasn't like that. If he was a freak, he'd be picked on and ignored, but not really feared. He didn't plan on using drugs or becoming violent, nor did he plan on doing anything…Muten Roshi-like with Bideru. The only part they got right was the opposite-gender friends, but he had two, not one.

But then…he didn't take being a half-alien into account. They'd all heard about, and even seen, his power. They probably WOULD fear him.

'Just what I need,' he thought miserably. 'And 'Kaasan said that High School would be fun.'

"Gohan-kun, come on." Bideru interrupted his thoughts. "Yokohama-sensei has an announcement."

Gohan followed Bideru and Ireezer up to their seats. Gohan's gaze flicked around the room. He saw people stiffen and edge away, giving him looks of fake courage. Gohan's tail twitched again, but he wrapped it around his waist and went on to his seat.

"Class, as odd as it may seem, we are welcoming two new students. "Please welcome Yamamoto Chico and Meiji Lime."

Lime? Chico? Gohan looked at the floor, where the girls were gathering. (A/N: I don't have clear memories of Chico and Lime, so you'll just have to bear with me for now, OK? If you guys remember, please tell me what they look like) Chico's black hair was down and reached her hips. Lime had kept her red hair short, cut in Bideru's style.

"Hello," Lime said, and Chico gave a slight bow of her head.

Bideru frowned. 'Chico…where have I heard that name before…' Her eyes widened suddenly.

Bideru had an awesome memory. She could reach back in her mind to her toddler years. If her detective skills weren't that great, it was because she reflected on the past so much that she neglected the future.

She remembered Chico

~ ~ ~ ~ Flashback ~ ~ ~ ~

"I won't have that…that THING in my house!" her mother yelled. "She's not even my child! She's yours with some whore from the street!"

"Anda, please understand," Mr. Satan pleaded. That was when he had gone by the name Toshihro, before he was a conceited gloryhound. "Her mother's dead. She has no place to go. You can't just turn her out on the street. She's 3, for Christ's sake!"

"If you insist on that abomination being in my house, I will divorce you and take Bideru away! I want no ties with that whore in my house! Do you want me to leave? Do you want Bideru taken away so you can have that illegitimate child? Do you still feel for Suzume?"

"Of course not," Toshihiro said. "I only was with Suzume because you and I were fighting."

"While I was PREGNANT, no less!" Anda wailed. "Toshihiro, we have to get rid of that child!"

"I can't just abandon her."

"Yes, you can. Leave her on that island…the one with all those orphans." She sighed. "I'm serious, Toshihiro. I will leave you if you don't get rid of Chico."

"…Fine. I'll get rid of her."

~ ~ ~ ~ 2nd Flashback ~ ~ ~ ~

"Chico-chan, don't go away!" Bideru wailed.

"Bideru, come with 'Kaachan," Anda said, picking up her daughter and walking away from the car.

"Bideru-chan!" Chico called, sobbing. "BIDERU-CHAN!!"

The car sped away while Anda took Bideru back to the house.

~ ~ ~ ~ End Flashbacks ~ ~ ~ ~

"Yokohama-sensei," Chico said. "I've heard that Son Gohan is in this class. Is that true?"

"Chico-chan!" Gohan was already making his way down the stairs.

"Gohan-kun!" Chico squealed, running to him. She allowed herself to be picked up and embraced. And when he set her down, she looked up at his face.

"Jesus, you're STILL taller than me!"

"Are you gonna ignore me, Son Gohan?" Lime demanded, putting her hands on her hips.

Gohan laughed. "O' course not, Lime-chan." He gave her a hug, which was returned.

"You know each other?" Yokohama asked.

"We were hurt when you didn't mention us in the news!" Chico chastised playfully.

"Sorry, I thought you'd want me t' protect your privacy." Gohan gave her an embarrassed grin.

"Excuse me? How do you know each other?" Yokohama cut in.

"I met Chico when I was 4 and ½, and runnin' from my trainin' with Pikoro-san. I met Lime when I was 6 and helpin' out against Seru."

"I see. Well, get back to your seats. Chico, Lime, your seats are behind Gohan's."

"Yes, Yokohama-sensei."

Bideru intently watched them go up the stairs.

She had a lot of things to ask her father.

REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!