Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Drama's Of A Teenage Life ❯ Admiration and Jealousy ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: I'm still a bit heisitant to send this out right along with the last chapter. But anyway continue to read and review....read and review...::chats on and on until someone knocks her out::
 
THANK YOU LITTLE-FIGHTER88 FOR BETAING THIS!!!
 
Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ...::grumbles::
 
Chapter 3: Admiration and Jealousy
 
Pool Area
 
“Ok girls! Lets warm up by doing 15 laps of butterfly strokes and 15 laps of backstrokes!” Bulma shouted enthusiastically. “Show me what you've got!”
 
Row after row of freshmen girls jumped in the pool warming up. They were all wearing a black swimsuit with a line of orange on the side and a small star over the left chest. The swim caps were black too along with the goggles.
 
“This year is going to be so awesome, b-chan! It'll be four years in a row if we win this year's state championship!!!” Hatsumi, a short brunette said with excitement.
 
Bulma smiled at her friend remembering the time when all the varsity girls picked on them, just because they got into the varsity team when they were just freshmen.
 
Hatsumi not only just stood by her side all these years, but she defended her when she was framed for stealing this other girl's watch during practice.
 
“Sumi-chan?” Bulma smiled still looking at the freshman's swim.
 
“Eh?” Hatsumi answered.
 
“Do you remember our freshman year on the swim team?” Bulma asked.
 
“How can I forget?” Hatsumi said, dramatically raising her hand to her head. “All those late night practices, being shoved into the pool unaware, our swimming suits `accidentally' ripping in the middle of a meet, you being framed over and over again, it was a nightmare.”
 
“Really? A nightmare? Those were the best days of my life.” Bulma giggled. “At least I know who my real friends are.” She sighed and draped an arm around Hatsumi.
 
She and Hatsumi had tried out for the swim team at the beginning of their freshmen year. Both determined to go to state meet. Both were quickly seen as the best swimmers on the team. After one week of practice, coach finally realized their potential and bumped them up to varsity.
 
That's when the jealousy from the Varsity swimmers started. They knew that Bulma and Hatsumi were slowly climbing their way to the top and they wanted to stop them.
 
“B-chan?” Hatsumi smiled, turning her bright green eyes to her friend. “You know I always thought that the `Old Varsity Bitches' went harder on you then on me.”
 
“I suppose that's I good thing,” Bulma joked, “I mean your such a delicate flower and all I don't think you could've handle the pressure.”
 
Hatsumi laughed, “No, seriously. And I found out why too. Though I'm not quiet sure if I should tell you.”
 
“You're joking me right?” Bulma rest her hand on her hips and narrowed her eyes at her. “You started the whole thing, so tell me!”
 
“Alright already, no reason to get all worked up!” Holding her hand up in defeat, “It's because they were jealous of your relationship with Vegeta-san.”
 
What? Bulma thought for a moment.
 
“What?” she finally voiced out her confusion. “Me and Veggie-chan are just friends.”
 
Hatsumi raised an eyebrow, `For someone as smart as she is, she's sure dense at some points.' Hatsumi thought. She sighed and decided to drop the subject.
 
“So, what's up?” Hatsumi asked, checking off attendance.
 
“Nothing much.” Bulma answered before yelling out instructions to the freshmen, “When you're finished go on the driving board and do a few jumps.”
 
“Really?” Hatsumi asked, smiling mischievously, “What was UP with the announcements today?”
 
“You must be hearing things, Sumi-chan!” Bulma waved flippantly at her. “I told you to get those ears of yours checked. Too much water-“
 
“O cut the crap,” Hatsumi was practically hyperventilating from excitement for some juicy gossip. “Tell me what happened!”
 
Bulma couldn't help but smile at her friend's reaction. She had soft brown hair that cupped her baby face and warm, friendly green eyes. She was almost like a sister to Bulma.
 
“The whole school heard it, Sumi-chan. Ask some of the freshmen, even they know it!”
 
“But it's different coming from you! You met him personally!”
 
“There is nothing `personal' about this!” `God! Sumi-chan was like a child dying for a story,' Bulma thought.
 
“You saw his hot ass up close!” Hatsumi pursued, making it as clear as day.
 
“Hot ass? Aren't you not allowed to say these things now that you're dating?”
 
“Only when he's around.” Hatsumi justified, making Bulma laugh.
 
“He read a poem, gave me a heart felt speech, then the usual package of flowers, teddy bear, card and chocolate. And then asked me to homecoming.” Bulma finished monotony.
 
“Aren't you excited?” Hatsumi squealed.
 
“The same things has been happening for the past week, if you haven't notice.”
 
“Ya know…I think someone is turning into a lesbiiiiaaaannnnn!!!” Hatsumi joked.
 
“Well, ya never know Sumi-chan,” she joked back, wiggling her eyebrows at a giggling Hatsumi. “This is the U.S of A, I have the right the pursue my happiness.”
 
“All right. Line it up people!” Hatsumi said into the microphone.
 
“Where'd you get one of those?!” Bulma gaped.
 
“Oh this?” Hatsumi danged the microphone in her hand, mischievously. “Coach gave it to me.”
 
“You mean coach gave it, to you to give to ME.” Bulma narrowed her eyes playfully seeing Hatsumi put on an innocent look. She quickly grabbed for it but wasn't fast enough, Hatsumi giggled.
 
“And now, the one, the only, Miss Bulma Briefs will show you her professional strokes, kicks and moans--I mean moves…all in the `right position'.” Hatsumi snickered in the microphone, causing all the freshmen to laugh.
 
Bulma laughed unbelievably. `Count on Sumi-chan to make everyone relax and comfortable.' She thought smiling as she looked around at the laughing girls.
 
“Satisfaction guaranteed.” Hatsumi got to squeeze in, before the mic got snatched from her by Bulma.
 
Gym Court
 
“Bump…set…” Chichi breathed to herself as she focused on the ball in the air. She jumped up near the net and spiked it perfectly down. “..spike.”
 
“13:14” A girl shouted out the totally points they both had.
 
She barely got to catch her breath with the ball flying over the net again. Damn! I'm still behind, Chichi thought.
 
She spiked the ball back over the net, but Juu quickly slid on her knees to save it before it touched the ground.
 
Seeing that Juu would have a hard time getting back up, she quickly bumped it to the far end.
 
“14:14!”
 
Chichi wiped the sweat off her face, loving the people cheering behind her, loving the intensity, the competition. She bent down getting ready for the final round.
 
“Are you ready for this?” Juu smirked across the court, holding the ball.
 
Chichi smirked right back, “The question is…are YOU ready?”
 
Football Field
 
“MOVE, MOVE, MOVE!!!” Vegeta yelled on top of his lungs, urging all the freshmen and sophomore to move faster as they ran back and forth through the field.
 
It's been three hours already. He could tell that the weaklings were wet, dirty, hot, sore and tried. If he were someone nicer then he would have called for a rest.
 
`But I'm not', he smirked at the thought.
 
“Alright you weaklings!” Vegeta shouted again, “Move! Get up! My five-year-old brother could do better then you! Move!”
 
The team groaned and got back up reluctantly.
 
“Vegeta,” Goku said coming up to him. “You're going a bit too hard on them, they're only freshmen.”
 
“Only freshmen?” Vegeta snorted, “We were strong then they are, when we were six Kakkarote.”
 
Goku looked at Vegeta. That might be the first real compliment Vegeta ever gave to him. He must be in a good mood. Goku thought smiling.
 
“I get the feeling that you're just doing this to torture them.” Goku said, looking at the weary team.
 
Vegeta smirked when he heard him say that. “It's good to be king.” He replied getting a laugh from Goku.
 
“How can you be king when you don't even have what you most desire, Ouji?” Zarbon taunted as he pasted them.
 
“I already have what I most desire.” He said coldly. Before Zarbon could reply or move, Vegeta turned and shouted to the freshmen.
 
“Alright, bring it in weaklings!” Vegeta's shout caused Goku to look at him confusedly. He was going to ask, but caught what Vegeta glanced at and smirked.
 
`Pay back is a bitch.' Vegeta thought stopping himself from chuckling evilly.
 
“We'll be starting on tackling. Let me and Zarbon here, show you an example of one of the forms.” Vegeta's eyes danced with glee as he looked over at the over confident Zarbon.
 
Author's note: What do you think? So Vegeta is challenging Zarbon in front of everyone so he can't back down. Hope ya liked this chapter, though it was a bit aimless.
 
Check out my first ever one-shot! Another V/B so if your up for some go check it out under my name! It's called From The Very Beginning.
 
Anyway REVIEW FOR MEEEEE!!!!!!