Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ There's Always Hope ❯ The Newest Edition...Prince Vegeta ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer-(To the tune of 'It's A Small World After All') I don't own DBZ. I don't own DBZ. Sue me, all you readers…and you'll get NOTHING!

Summary-You should know this by the third chapter.

A/N-If it looks like I overdo the song…IT'S BECAUSE I'M SUPPOSED TO!!!!! The song will play a very important part later in the story. Plus, I FINALLY got all the words!

The Newest Edition…Prince Vegeta

Kakarot and Krillin were allowed to sleep in that morning. It was 11: 30 when they finally rolled out of bed and thunked down the stairs.

They were met by Chichi and Launch, who were sitting in the living room, sewing. "Hey, guys!" Chichi said, waving.

"Whatcha doing?" Krillin asked.

"Ah, just sewing up a tear," Chichi replied. "Master Roshi and Pa went into town to get a new slave that he saw in the paper, so there's no training for today."

"YOU train?" Kakarot asked incredulously.

"Only she does," Launch said, looping the needle around to poke it through some cloth. "Fighting puts me to sleep. Home economics is my game."

"What about you guys?" Chichi asked. "You doing anything?"

"Naw," Krillin said. "We just got up."
"Say, Krillin, you don't look like a Saiyan," Chichi said, biting off the string and holding up the cloth to see her handiwork.

"I'm not," Krillin said, taking a seat on the floor. "My father, Orinji, decided to up and sell me with Kakarot."

"Why would he sell you?"

Krillin shrugged. "Money, I guess."

"So, Goku, what's Vegetasei like?" Launch asked, changing the subject.

"Well…I don't remember much about it," Kakarot said sheepishly. "I got a conk to the head when I first came here and it wiped my memory."

"Do you remember anything?" Chichi asked, fiddling with the cloth.

"I have a father named Bardock and a brother named Radditz and a cousin named Turles. All of us loved to play-fight in the woods and we loved food with a passion."

"What about your mother?" Launch asked.

"Her name was Celipa…" Kakarot trailed off. "All I can really remember about her is this song she used to sing, 'Durme, Durme'."

"Hey, I heard that song!" Chichi and Launch said together. "That Spanish song, right?" Chichi added.

"Yep. No clue how she learned it, though. She never went to Earth in her lifetime. Well, except for the past two or so years. What with those traders coming to our planet."

"I always thought those traders were didn't have any right to do this," Launch said.

"You don't know the half of it," Kakarot said.

Suddenly, a ruckus outside brought all their attentions outside the window.

Master Roshi was yanking a boy by the leg. The kid was hanging for dear life on the lamppost just outside the driveway, absolutely refusing to let go.

"Come on, kid!" Master Roshi yelled. "Let go of the lamppost!"

"Make me, old man!" the kid yelled. "I am NOT going to face more humiliation because of you Earthlings!"

"Oh my God!" Kakarot yelled. He flung open the door and ran down the driveway. "Vegeta!"

The kid turned to look at him. "Kakarot?" The boy was so surprised that he let go of the lamppost and hit the ground, making some of the tiny rocks fly. He yanked his leg free of Master Roshi's grip and quickly swung around to face Kakarot. "What are YOU doing here?" So, Vegeta knows Kakarot. How does he know him, even though Kakarot's 3rd-class? Read and find out! REVIEW!!