Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ There's Always Hope ❯ Crying Tears Of Flame ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer-DBZ isn't mine. The plot is half-mine. There is a quote here that belongs to G. Gundam.

Crying Tears Of Flame

"Mama!"

Celipa's head snapped around to the direction of the voice. "That voice…" she whispered. She sprang to her feet, pushing the bale of hay she was sitting on back. "Kakarot!"

"Mama!" he yelled again, gaining speed in his frantic chase.

All at once he was in her arms. Leaping off the edge of the truck, she'd curled into a ball and rolled for a few feet. Finally straightening herself, she had run the last 20 feet to reach her long-lost child.

"Mama," he exclaimed. "Oh, domo Kami [Thank God]. Mama."

"Chibi ninjin [Little Carrot]," she whispered, hugging him close. "I thought I'd never see you again."

He pulled back at looked her in the face. "Do you know where Papa is? And Radditz and tTurles?"

"Iie," Celipa said sadly. "Your brothers were taken aboard another ship. Bardock was sold off two days ago." She took his face in her hands and looked him in the eye. "And you?"

"I live at Kame House with five Earthlings and Vegeta."

"The ouji?!" Celipa gasped. "You live with the ouji?!"

"Hai [Yes]."

"Amazing," she muttered.

"Okay, what do you, Saiyan scum, think you're doing?" a gruff, human voice demanded.

"Mama, traders." Kakarot pointed behind her, where two humans stood. "Look!"

Celipa straightened herself from her crouched position and turned around slowly. Gently, she pushed Kakarot behind her. There was fire in her eyes, risen again from the happiness of being reunited. "I am talking with my son," she said coldly.

One leered at her, glancing her up and down. "I wouldn't take too long about it . The boss has a SPECIAL job for you tonight."

"I refuse to go near him," she said determinedly. "Unlike you unfaithful Earthlings, Saiyans never cheat on their mates."

"I think you'd better do as I say," the human said, reaching for the whip at his side. "The boss doesn't like his whores with scars."

"I am NOT his whore!" Despite the glowing collar around her neck, an aura began to circulate her body as her eyes flamed brighter. "I am Celipa Son, wife of Bardock, mother of Kakarot and Radditz! I refuse to defile myself by ignoring the sacred vows of Saiyan mates!" She was crying, hot tears of anger and sorrow streaming down her face. "I will never stoop to the level of Earthlings!"

"Shut up!"

The whip wrapped itself around her arm. The human jerked back on the rope.

She let out a blood-curdling screech. The lack of nutrients had left her bones brittle. Her arm had been wrenched out of the socket.

That was it. He'd had enough. Kakarot hadn't been separated from his family, beaten and tortured, and sold twice over, to be finally reunited with his mother, only to watch her suffer. His mind traveled back to the days on the mountain. Orinji, with his laughing, cruel face twisted into a gruesome smile as he whipped Kakarot, and Krillin, when the young Earthling had tried to defend his friend.

Vegeta came up behind him, also remembering the past years. To see his father, lying dead in the palace hallways, bloodied and mutilated, had left a mark on him. To have his mother taken away, screaming and fighting, begging that her son, her only child, should go with her. Planted among child molesters and cruel Earthling masters, broken glass linked with the raw sting of the whip. Too much.

They'd both gone through too much pain to see it inflicted on anyone else.

"Ya chi mi [Let's Get Them]," Vegeta said quietly.

"Hai."

Without a moment's hesitation, they acted.

Kakarot skidded to a halt in front of his mother. As the whip lashed at them, he gabbed the rope and wrenched it out of the human's hand, tossing it aside.

Vegeta moved around the second human. Dropping into position, he swung his leg around and tripped the human, making him fall to the ground with a thud.

"You little 6@$t@rd$!" the human snarled, leaping to his feet.

Vegeta jumped back, coming into alignment with Kakarot. Their eyes burned fire with hatred of those humans.

"Take this," Kakarot hissed, his tone striking fear into the hearts of everyone present. "My love…"

"My anger…" Vegeta added on the same note.

"And all of my sorrow!" they both shouted in unison.

As if moving as one, they struck. Before anyone could do anything, the two humans were lying on their backs in the street, staring up with vacant eyes.

Both Saiyans were breathing hard, as if their lungs were collapsing. But all they felt was pride. Revenge is sweet, especially when it is long overdue.

A yelp from Celipa turned both boys' heads. Yet another set of humans were trying to drag her away. One, they didn't recognize. But wait…the other was…Mr. Cuff?!

"Stop right there!" Kakarot commanded, his voice taking an imperial note.

Mr. Cuff grinned and pulled a gun. "This is an energy gun," he said hatefully. "Come near us, and we'll make sure the slut is killed."

Both were beyond fury at this point. Livid was the only emotion they felt. To Kakarot, the Saiyan bond to protect his family was raging out of control, to a point where it had completely taken over him. Even Vegeta felt it. Celipa had been his mother's best friend, and at times had seemed like an aunt to him. This crime would not go unpunished.

Both of their eyes were beginning to bulge. Blood rushed faster through their veins. The chi collars around their necks were starting to shatter.

As the others stared in horror and awe, two gold auras began circling in the street.

"It can't be…" a Saiyan whispered from the back of the truck.

"It is!" another shrieked, standing up. "It's happened! Glory be to God! The Saiya-jins no Denetsu [Saiyans of Legend] have risen again!"

Did anybody see that coming? Huh? Well, did you?

Well, don't get used to it. This transformation was only a spur-of-the-moment rush of anger and energy. They won't be able to keep it up, as they explain to Chichi later. So, no Super Saiyans…just yet…^_~

PLEASE REVIEW!!