Fake Fan Fiction ❯ The Unexpected ❯ A Proposal ( Chapter 16 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

The Unexpected I
Chapter 16 - Christmas Surprise
Ryo/Dee (mostly), some Dee/Ryo
Warnings: R, Yaoi, Male/male, MPREG, AU If you don't like, don't read!
 
I wish FAKE belonged to me. I especially wish Dee and Ryo belonged to me, but alas they belong to each other - and to the very talented and wonderful Sanami Matoh, along with the rest of the FAKE characters, series and anime. Any OCs appearing in this fic are mine.
 
### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ###
 
December 24, 2005
 
Dee and Ryo woke up to go to work the next day, glad that the transit strike was over. With relief, they went back to their normal routine of getting to work. It was a Friday and thankfully the day went by quickly. The night before they filled out the invitations Dee had picked up while out with Bikky and Carol. On Friday, they hand delivered the invites to all their friends at the station. Before they left for the day, almost everyone had accepted to at least stop by for a while, if not stay for the entire New Year's Eve party.
 
Originally having Saturday off, they both offered to work the 8 - 4 shift to make up for time lost during the week. Since their plans were more for the evening, it did not seem so bad. Except Ryo had to do some slight adjusting to his idea which would lead up to the big moment when Dee would be thinking they were finished with gift exchanges.
 
Ryo was in the bathroom getting ready to go to work when Dee came in behind him, smiling. He was holding a strip of paper. “It says here to collect a special morning hug and kiss,” he said to Ryo amused, holding out the computer generated paper.
 
Ryo turned to pull Dee into his arms. “Better use it now, because it expires soon,” he replied, hugging Dee.
 
“Well, in that case,” Dee chuckled, then collected his kiss.
 
Ryo ended up watching Dee fuss in front of the mirror with how his shirt hung from this pants. “Dee,” Ryo sighed affectionately, coming up from behind him and placing a hand on Dee's stomach. “Stop worrying. You look fine.”
 
“Really? I mean… what if someone thinks I'm fat?” Dee gazed critically at his reflection in the mirror.
 
Ryo laughed lovingly, hugging Dee. “It's not that noticeable. We're aware because we know there's a baby. Relax. Good God, Dee, what are you going to do when you really show?”
 
Ryo was once again awed, as he had been since Thursday morning whenever he touched Dee's stomach and felt the slight swell. It was not much and probably anyone who did not know Dee was pregnant would not notice yet. Which made Dee's new obsession more amusing and endearing to Ryo.
 
“Well….” Dee ducked his head.
 
Ryo leaned up to kiss his cheek. “You're gorgeous, Dee. Now come on or we'll be late.” Ryo started to pull Dee from the bedroom.
 
Dee pulled back to grab his suit jacket. “Hey! Dragging me off to work half dressed now? What will they think?”
 
Ryo shook his head. “That it's just another day for you,” he replied with a laugh. He went over to the coat rack near the front door, and after handing Dee his coat, put his own on.
 
### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ###
 
When they arrived at work, Dee found similar coupons throughout the day for collecting hugs, kisses, back and `baby' rubs. Dee had returned from using the restroom and picked up a file he was going through to find a coupon sticking out of files. There were several more times he found a coupon in a file whenever he left the office and returned. He got a few electronically by emails, accompanied by sweet, mushy shorts notes from Ryo. Some Dee was able to collect from Ryo while in the privacy of their office, while others he was looking forward to using later in the evening when they got home.
 
They spent some time with Drake and JJ. JJ was driven to make the day cheerful by singing Christmas carols. Dee was driven to shut JJ up. Minus the pouncing, all was normal between Dee and JJ. Drake and Ryo decided Dee was doing fine by himself and allowed themselves to be entertained.
 
By the time they got home, they were in a good mood. Dee was feeling particularly loved because of the notes and in a frisky mood. They ended up with Dee collecting in one two of his coupons early as they made love twice, taking turns, before starting dinner.
 
### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ###
 
They sat in the living room lit only by the lights on the tree and candles. After making sure Dee was comfortable in the easy chair, Ryo handed Dee his first gift. Ryo sat on the coffee table after he took the gift Dee held out to him.
 
Ryo noticed Dee was finding his usual amusement in the careful detailed way Ryo preferred to open his gifts. Which turned out to be frustrating, as usual. Dee was the type to rip open his packages, but showed a surprising knack of detail in wrapping gifts. The paper would be folded and fanned in places to give some accent to it. Dee said Mother had taught him how to wrap like that.
 
It would not be so bad if that was all the detail Dee put to a wrapped gift. The man had an annoying habit of taping every possible opening in the wrapping. Dee had explained it was a habit after dealing with many curious imps who would pry a package open if they had even the slightest opening. The only advantage Ryo saw was designating Dee to wrap Bikky's gifts once Ryo discovered Bikky's attempts at peeking then rewrapping gifts were foiled.
 
Near ready to give up and rip the paper, Ryo glanced up at Dee and giggled. The mylar paper Ryo wrapped Dee's gift in was almost tear resistant, forcing Dee to pry open the flaps carefully.
 
“This could take all night at this rate,” Dee laughed.
 
Ryo finally gave up and tore around the tape, then opened the box. He pulled out the tee-shirt that said, “World's Greatest Father” on it. Ryo's eyes softened.
 
“Well, you already proved that with Bikky,” Dee stated, finally opening his box. “Oh my God, Ryo!”
 
Dee removed the picture frame out, made of sterling silver and varnished oak. The way the frame was constructed in segments was a work of art. There were several picture holders in it, with a spot for one photo on the top. The top slot was already filled with a photo Ryo had asked a stranger to take of them, so obviously a loving couple with Los Angeles spread out below them. It had been taken on their last morning in LA when they went to Griffith Park.
 
“I figured, maybe you can put copies of the ultrasound pictures or whatever.”
 
“It's beautiful, Ryo.”
 
They exchanged the next set of gifts. Dee gave Ryo a pullover cashmere sweater.
 
Ryo gasped at the beige soft sweater. It seem too expensive too lounge around at home in, yet the comfort and soft feeling made it tempting for it to become Ryo's favorite sweater to feel both comfortable and sexy in.
 
Ryo gave Dee a pair of silk pajamas that were in the style of a running suit.
 
“The top is going to be a little big for a while,” Ryo explained to Dee about the pajamas, “but the pants have a drawstring so they don't hang off you now.”
 
“I love the feel of this,” Dee remarked, running the silk between his fingers then across his face. “And the style. Perfect! I love it!”
 
Ryo sat next to Dee on the chair as they gave each other proper thanks for the gifts. They kissed and cuddled for a while. Dee thought they were done with the gift exchange.
 
Ryo got from Dee's side to kneel on both knees between the sitting man's legs, placing his arms around Dee's waist. He lifted Dee's shirt and kissed his lover's belly. “Merry Christmas, little one,” he said with his lips still touching the soft swell.
 
Dee laughed as Ryo blew a raspberry on Dee's stomach. He patted his stomach alongside Ryo's head. “You heard your Papa, Chibi. Merry Christmas.”
 
Ryo grinned up at Dee before he started to lightly tickle Dee's belly with his lips and fingers. Dee fell back into the chair laughing, begging for Ryo to stop.
 
Taking advantage of Dee's distraction, Ryo switched to end up on one knee. Dee was still laughing as Ryo reached into his pants pocket and pulled out the black velvet ring box.
 
“Oh crap!” Ryo exclaimed.
 
“What?” Dee asked, still laughing from the attack.
 
“I almost forgot. Got one more thing here. It's quite small, I'm afraid.”
 
“You spoiled me enough, Ryo.” Dee started to sit up.
 
“Well, you spoil me a lot too. And I'd like us to always do that.” He gave Dee a loving smile.
 
Dee glanced down at Ryo, and raised an eyebrow. “Uh, what are you up to, baby?”
 
“Well, I had no doubt from the moment we got together that I want to spend the rest of my life with you.”
 
Dee's eyes went to the box in Ryo's hand. “Ryo?” he asked, confused.
 
“And soon everyone will know that. I'm just hoping you feel the same about me.”
 
Dee nodded. “I do, Ryo. I love you…always.”
 
“Good.” Ryo's eyes met Dee's. “Well then, remember those words for later.”
 
“Huh? Ryo?” Dee's eyes were getting wide as Ryo started to open the box.
 
“Dee, I love you. I love you so much I don't know if I can ever put it into words. So I'm hoping these words will do.” He held the box out for Dee to see the ring within.
 
Dee swallowed, eyes getting wider. He shook his head in disbelief. Surely he was getting it all wrong, mistaking what Ryo meant.
 
“Dee, will you marry me?” Ryo asked in a soft tone.
 
Dee gasped loudly, and then there was silence. Ryo fought hard to keep from laughing at the face above him staring down in disbelief. Dee's eyes were as wide as Ryo had ever seen them, his mouth gaping open. Normally dark jade eyes glittered like sparkling emeralds.
 
“Dee? Don't go into shock on me. Say something…. Or hold out your hand if you want this.”
 
Dee thrust his left hand in front of Ryo's face.
 
Ryo laughed as he removed the ring from the box. Dee let out another gasp, wide eyes on the ring, following it as Ryo took the hand still held before him. He felt the tremor as he placed the ring on Dee's ring finger.
 
“Oh God….” Dee sighed. He shut his eyes for a moment.
 
Ryo knew what Dee was feeling. He had to shut his own eyes for a moment, reminding the waterworks behind his eyes that he was not going to cry.
 
Dee opened his eyes, looking down at the ring on the hand Ryo still held. His eyes went to Ryo's face, smiling up at him, still waiting for him to answer. “Holy shit” he croaked. “Oh… holy hell. Fuck yes, Ryo” he rambled as he found his voice again.
 
Ryo laughed at the reply as only Dee could do. “I love you, Dee.”
 
“Oh crap. Holy….” Dee lifted his hand to gaze at the ring. “It's beautiful, Ryo. Oh God, I love it. I love you.”
 
Ryo started to get up so he could kiss Dee. He found himself being knocked backward as Dee launched from the chair to kneel before Ryo. He gathered his lover - his husband-to-be, in his arms and pounced for a kiss. Both him and Ryo laughed into the kiss. When they broke apart for air, they were both kneeling on the floor, Dee gazed into Ryo's glittery eyes. “I love you Ryo. Oh my God, do I love you. I didn't expect this…. I figured that soon, maybe you might have dropped a hint that you were ready for this, that if I bought it up, I wouldn't scare you away.”
 
“I'm not going anywhere, Dee. You're stuck with me forever. I can't see us not making this legal.”
 
“I…I always figured I'd be asking you.” Dee gave a rueful grin. “You know, stammering my way through, getting flustered, then tell you to forget it because I'll suddenly start thinking it was a stupid idea and that you'd laugh at me.”
 
“And then I'd have said yes and still get to see that adorable sweet look on your face. But I'm glad I asked, because that look was definitely better than I thought.”
 
“I'm glad you asked too,” Dee grinned, nuzzling the side of Ryo's face, “because you didn't make a fool of yourself. You knew what I'd say.”
 
Ryo nodded, pulling Dee close to him. “I did. Because if I had any doubt, I'd have just dropped a hint and hoped you would start stammering soon.”
 
Dee laughed. “I love you, Ryo. I love you so much.” He looked at his hand again. “It's beautiful. Damn Ryo, this had to have cost you.”
 
Ryo caressed Dee's face and smiled as he pressed closer into the hand, covering it with his own. He turned his head to kiss Ryo's palm.
 
“It's a one of a kind, Dee. Like you. The jeweler gave me the mold. He was going to destroy it, but I asked for it.”
 
“We can use it so I can get you a ring,” Dee said softly.
 
“No need. I'll be quite happy to wait until you put a wedding band on my finger.”
 
“Damn Ryo….”
 
Ryo's grin grew when he heard a sniff coming from Dee.
 
“I'm going to put a wedding band on your finger. You're going to put one on me.” He lifted his hand again. “Like you did with this ring. An engagement ring…. Holy hell! We're engaged. We are fuckin' engaged!”
 
Ryo laughed again. “Yes, we are. We're getting married.”
 
Dee settled into a sitting position, leaning up against the chair, assuring Ryo sat next to him, with arms still around the other. “When?”
 
“Well shit… I asked you to marry me. So you can tell me when that will happen.”
 
“Any thoughts?” Dee asked.
 
“Whenever your heart desires. Soon, after the baby is born, while you're swollen and radiant, full of child. It doesn't matter, Dee. Just so long as we do.”
 
Dee was quiet for a moment. “Tonight. Right now,” he replied, then grinned at Ryo. “But that's impossible. Soon, because I can't wait very long.”
 
Ryo's smile was beautiful as he caressed Dee's face. “I was hoping you'd say that.”
 
Dee grabbed Ryo for another long, passionate kiss, until he finally pulled away with a gasp. “Holy crap! We're en-fuckin'-gaged!”
 
Ryo fell into hysterics. “Oh…. I was waiting for that,” he gasped between peals of laughter. “I knew at some point you were going to say that.”
 
“You know me too well, baby,” Dee laughed.
 
“Come here, Dee.”
 
“What?” He was pulled into another kiss.
 
“I love you, Dee. I love you so much. Goddammit Dee, I'm going to start crying here.”
 
Dee kissed Ryo. Rubbing their noses together, he gazed into Ryo's eyes. “I won't tell, if you don't.”
 
“Aw Dee...” Ryo sighed then hugged him tightly as they kissed.
 
Dee asked Ryo not long after to make love to him.
 
### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ###
 
December 25, 2005
 
Ryo was in the kitchen starting on breakfast. He heard the front door open and close, and the sound of someone running.
 
“No running in the house, Bikky!” he yelled out from the kitchen.
 
“Hi Ryo. Where's my gifts?” Bikky asked as he entered the apartment.
 
“You would have seen your gifts under the tree had you walked instead of run through the living room,” Ryo remarked, then turned to smile at the boy. “You know you don't touch until after breakfast.”
 
“Aw man, you just barely started making it,” Bikky complained, going to the fridge to pour himself some milk.
 
“Yeah, you noticed. How sharp you are. But we'll be eating soon enough. We have to be heading over to the orphanage.”
 
Bikky looked up from where he sat down at the table. “I thought it was just Dee who was going? After we opened gifts?”
 
“Dee decided he wanted me to be along today.”
 
“And so if Dee says so, you have to?”
 
Ryo laughed. “You don't have to go if you don't want to. You can stay and rest up before Elena and Rick get here with their two kids.” He pointedly looked at Bikky. “And you know what that means.”
 
“Yeah, yeah. Entertain the kids when the adults want some time without the kids. I know the drill. But my PlayStation is in the living room.”
 
“Dee said he'd set it up in your room before they get here.”
 
“Cool!”
 
“Don't get too excited, brat,” Dee's voice came from the doorway, sounding amused. “Because if Ryo is busy at the time, rumor has it you're going to help me move the television from our room to yours, so you guys have the bigger screen to play on.”
 
“Well, Ryo won't be too busy,” Bikky remarked. “Because he would not want you and I to drop the TV.”
 
Ryo turned sharply to face Bikky, while Dee stifled a laugh. He shook his head at Bikky, then looked over at Dee. “I'll get it when we get back from the orphanage.”
 
“You still haven't told me why you have to go,” Bikky said, watching as Dee took out a bottle of apple juice from the fridge.
 
Ryo reached up to open a cabinet and handed Dee a glass. “Drink out of a glass, savage,” he warned playfully.
 
“I'm the only one who drinks the stuff, so why should you care?” Dee remarked, but poured the juice into a glass.
 
“Because then you'll try to see how far you can go with that. Besides, I like it once in a while,” Ryo said.
 
Dee looked at Bikky. “What about you, rugrat? You drink this stuff?”
 
“No way, man.”
 
Dee put the bottle away with a smirk, then walked behind Ryo to kiss his neck. “So what's the big deal?” he asked. “It's not as if we haven't swapped spit before.”
 
“Dee!”
 
“Ewww! Too much information, pervdad,” Bikky remarked. “Bad enough I'm reminded of what you guys did to do that….” He gestured to Dee.
 
“What?” Dee looked down, then back to Bikky. “It shows?”
 
“Bikky!” Ryo remarked. “Don't get him started again. Please!” He turned to give Dee a hug. “And stop worrying, okay. You're beautiful. If I have to tell you all the time, I will. Now either sit down and relax, or give me a hand here. We're not going to leave until Biks gets to open his gifts.”
 
“I know, I know. I wouldn't do that to him. Okay. I'll help.”
 
“Water for tea is still heating up,” Ryo stated, after briefly giving Dee a kiss before going back to chopping potatoes.
 
“Homemade hash browns,” Dee observed, picking up a sliver of sliced green pepper and put into his mouth. “Yum.”
 
“Well, I'm trying out a different recipe,” Ryo stated uncertainly.
 
“Really?” Dee asked, suspicious.
 
“Yeah, baked. Instead of all that butter we cook them in.” He laughed when Dee made a face. “You know you can't handle greasy food right now.”
 
“Shit. I can't handle tasteless food either,” Dee grumped.
 
“Why don't you start on the waffle batter while I finish this up.”
 
The tea kettle started to whistle. Dee gave Ryo an evil grin. “Okay. Just as soon as I make our tea.”
 
“Dee…”
 
Dee laughed. “Just joking. But let me get my tea.” He leaned over to kiss Ryo. “I supposed I can't have even just a half cup more of coffee?”
 
“You had your daily limit already,” Ryo replied. “No more for you today.” He kissed Dee back.
 
“Gah…” came from the table.
 
“Quiet Bikky,” Ryo chuckled. “You should be used to it by now.”
 
“Yeah,” Bikky agreed with a grin. “But it never gets old to tease you pervs about it.”
 
Dee rolled up a sheet of paper toweling and tossed it to hit Bikky on the head.
 
“Hey!”
 
“You gonna sit there and bitch? I can give you something to do in helping us, kiddo,” Dee said.
 
Bikky sighed and stood up. “Like you won't anyway. Okay, what do you want me to do. And no one told me why Ryo had to go to the orphanage.”
 
Ryo laughed.
 
Dee lifted his left hand and stared at it. “Holy shit! I wasn't dreaming.”
 
“You said that about 5 times since we woke up, Dee,” Ryo chuckled. He looked back to Bikky. “Dee and I decided we wanted to be together when Dee shows Mother what he got for Christmas.”
 
Bikky's eyes went to Dee's hand. “Holy crap….” Vivid blue eyes got wider as Dee held his hand so Bikky could see better. “Is that…?” He looked back at Ryo. “You didn't?”
 
Ryo nodded, smiling. “I did. I hope you don't mind my not speaking to you about it first, but I had already blurted it out to Diana, and then my aunt and uncle. I didn't want too many people knowing before Dee did.” He rested a hand on Bikky's shoulder. “Besides, I'm kinda hoping that you asking both me and Dee to adopt you, and the three of us living like a family means you would not mind if your fathers were legally married.”
 
“I kinda figured you'd both be married one day,” Bikky admitted. “Once you got your head outta your ass about hiding stuff.”
 
“Bikky!” Ryo exclaimed.
 
Dee frowned at Bikky. “Hey now. Keeping it from work was part my decision too.”
 
“But not because you were afraid of what people would think. I know Ryo kept saying it was mainly so you can be partners, but we both know there was more. And before you both jump on me, I see that Ryo really was listening to me that night.”
 
Ryo shook his head. “You know what, bud? You're too sharp for your own good.”
 
Bikky laughed. “I'm going to take it as a good thing. I knew lately that was a thing in the past. What I'm surprised is that you asked Dee.”
 
“I'm surprised about that too,” Dee admitted happily. “But I'm not complaining. In fact, when the time comes, say in 10 or so years from now, when it's your time to ask Carol, I suggest you go to Ryo for advice on how to propose.”
 
“Oh wow. So he didn't screw it up?”
 
Dee and Ryo looked at each other and laughed. “That's why I'm glad Ryo asked. I'd have screwed it up. Like I almost screwed it up when we first got together, and then when I asked you both to move in with me, and every other little important thing in our relationship.”
 
“So are you going to get hitched before or after the baby?”
 
“We're hoping before,” Dee replied. “As in soon.”
 
“You should know that I had to talk Dee out of the three of us flying to Las Vegas today.”
 
Bikky looked from Ryo to Dee and then laughed. “Sweet! That would have been lots of fun.”
 
“There's not a lot of places where you can go in Las Vegas,” Ryo warned.
 
“And since when has that stopped me?” He grinned and winked at Ryo.
 
Dee ruffled the boy's blonde hair affectionately. “Yeah, well trip's call off on the account of Elena and Rick. So let's get a move on here so we can get back and start cooking.”
 
“You know, I do want to go with you guys. I want to see the Penguin's reaction. She's so funny when she's fawning over Dee anyway. And Dee's even funnier.”
 
“Just for that, dude, you're doing all the dishes today,” Dee remarked, trying to look mad.
 
Bikky and Ryo laughed.
 
### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ###
 
There were no kids in the street approaching the orphanage. It was strange not to have children hanging off him, with his arms full with a child. Dee knew why there was no child to be found in the streets surrounding the orphanage. He had gone through the Christmas day routine so many times that even ten years later it was still ingrained in his mind. Some years after he left to live on his own, he had found himself at the orphanage early in the morning. Then Ryo came into his life. The last few years he did not try. He had, as Mother put it, his own family to attend to.
 
The children should be long out of mass, gifts open and the children themselves full from a special breakfast. He was not surprised when they entered the main room to find the younger ones clustered around Mother as she read, while the older ones gathered in groups, quietly talking among themselves.
 
Bikky left Dee and Ryo to join a group of boys his age, while the two men stood to the side waiting for the elderly nun to finish her story. She glanced up at one point with a fond smile for Dee. Her smile extended to the man standing next to him, knowing Ryo was the answer to her prayers. Ryo was the person who was able to fill the emptiness within Dee that she had almost started to believe would never be filled.
 
She finished her story quickly, as some of the little ones noticed her gaze and started squirming, wanting to say hello to Dee and Ryo. Mother sat for a while in contentment, watching as the two greeted the children. The ones who were there for longer were more partial to Dee, being he was there before Ryo. Some of those newer to the orphanage went first to Ryo. Mother noticed another pattern. After both men were greeted, the very young ones would end up clinging to Dee, while the older ones gravitated to Ryo.
 
They finally started to make their way toward her as she stood. Dee had an armful of little boy who squirmed happily. She shooed the children off, including little Joey, with Dee promising to play with them before he left.
 
Mother ushered them into the kitchen where she put on water for tea. “So has Christmas been treating you boys kindly?” she asked, standing behind Dee, and fixing the collar on his shirt.
 
Dee smiled as he took Ryo's hand in his left one. “Oh, very well indeed,” Dee replied with a beautiful smile.
 
“Oh? May I ask why?”
 
Dee lifted their joined hands. “Just this absolutely beautiful piece of jewelry,” he remarked.
 
Mother looked down and with a hand on her chest, let out a gasp. She grabbed Dee's hand for a closer inspection. “Is this what I think it is?” she asked, getting choked up.
 
Dee laughed. “Oh yes it is! I had quite a romantic Christmas Eve, with Ryo proposing to me and all. I mean he got down on one knee!”
 
Mother's eyes filled with tears as she hugged Dee. “Oh, my son! My baby boy! I'm so happy for you!” When she was able to release Dee, he looked at Ryo. “And you, young man. You keep giving this old woman more joy as time goes on. Continue loving my Dee as you do and I know I can finally stop worrying about him.” She hugged Ryo, laughing delightfully.
 
Ryo laughed with her as he returned the hug, knowing he had just received `the talk' from Dee's mother. “Don't worry, Mother. I intend to love Dee for the rest of my life.”
 
“Good for you. For you both. I am so happy!” She pulled away from Ryo, rushing to the stove. “And you Dee, you keep loving Ryo and never forget you have a very good thing.”
 
“That would be hard to forget, Mother.” Dee placed a hand on his tummy. “We are definitely family now. Especially since Ryo has made it perfectly clear he wants to make this legal.”
 
“Well, you've always been part of the family, Ryo. But now you are both my sons.”
 
“With a grandchild on the way, Mother.” Dee grinned at her. His eyes opened as she opened a jar of loose tea leaves. “What's that?”
 
“I went out and bought some fresh peppermint tea for when you visit. Did you know you used to love it so much when you were little? But only the fresh kind. I would keep a stash for you in the kitchenette in my rooms.”
 
“Sweet!” Ryo remarked, taking Dee's hand. “More little Dee stories.”
 
Dee raised his eyebrows at Ryo, reminding him of a particular pet name Ryo had for a certain part of him. Ryo snorted at the reminder.
 
“You two sound so happy,” she exclaimed, oblivious to the exchange behind her.
 
The two men looked at each other and putting their foreheads together, fell into laughter.
 
“Now what is so funny?” she asked, turning around and smiling at the sight behind her. They were still touching foreheads and holding hands. “I am so happy.”
 
“Oh nothing,” Dee replied, grinning at Ryo before looking over to Mother. “Just that I'm hoping later today when Ryo's aunt and uncle come over for dinner, I could hear some little Ryo stories. Ow!” he exclaimed as Ryo pinched his side.
 
“You….” Ryo warned him with a grin. “I'll give you little Ryo.”
 
Dee simply smiled for a reply.
 
They sat with Mother for a while and talked over tea and biscuits, then Dee and Ryo excused themselves to spend time with the children before finding Bikky and heading home to start preparing dinner.
 
 
A/N: VgGkYaoiGurl - I hope this stood up to your expectations. And the same goes to everyone else reading this so far.