Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Black & White Heart ❯ No Limits ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7: No Limits

There couldn't have been a more perfect moment for Haru than at this point in time. Those perfect lips, parted in a small sigh, just begging to be kissed. Fingers running through that perfect silky hair, coming to rest at the base of his neck, using his other hand to tilt his chin upwards, making the kiss deeper and more demanding. Arms wrapped around his neck, pulling their bodies even closer as those lips kissed down that perfectly smooth throat, nibbling lightly at the collar bone. Hands everywhere, coming up underneath his shirt desperately wanting access to every part of that milky white skin, wanting to touch every part, wanting to kiss everything in sight.

"Yuki." Haru breathed against his skin, nuzzling his neck once again, "I want you..."

Those deep purple eyes glittering with desire, fell upon the ones looking so lovingly up at him. Raising his hand, he placed it at the side of his loves face and brought it forward once again, claiming those lips in another fiery kiss.

Somewhere, an alarm went off.

Sleepy eyes opened, blinking in the sunlight filtering into the room. The few blissful seconds of not realising why his cheeks were so flushed quickly passing by before suddenly……eyes snapped wide open, sitting up straight in bed, looking from left to right before…

"WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

Kyo flew out of his bed and stood up back against his wall, breathing heavily, "How...why..." he stared wide eyed, his mind still producing the rather vivid images in his eyes,

"ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

-----

Below the screams that was Kyo (with a sudden mad rush to the shower), another pair of sleepy eyes awoke to the morning light. Once again, those few seconds before the mind would realise who he had his arms wrapped around.

Haru blinked.

Looking down, he found a mass of velvety dark silver hair lying on his chest that could and would only belong to one person. The memory of the middle of the night suddenly flashed across his mind and noticed that somewhere along the line he had turned over and wrapped his arms around Yuki, his chin resting lightly on his head. Haru's eyelids lowered and he smiled to himself. Sighing contently, he closed his eyes again, absently running his fingers gently up and down Yuki's back. A part of him was saying that he should get up and get dressed quietly, as not to wake Yuki. He didn't want another repeat of what happened the last time Yuki awoke to find Haru in bed with him, even if it was Yuki's choice this time. He didn't have to have come down here. He didn't have to at all. Haru opened one eye and moved his head slightly to look at Yuki's sleeping face. So peaceful, so angelic, perfect in everyway. Not a blemish, not a mark, not a single flaw could be found on his sleeping princess- err prince.

As he lay there for just a while longer, his mind battling against the get-up-and-go-before-he-walks-up-and-storms-out-again, and just-stay-a-little-while-longer-so-I-can-hold-him-some-more, his mind had missed another very important factor.

They were lying in the Living Room.

The thro Living Room that led to the Kitchen.

The Kitchen he suspected Tohru was heading for when she suddenly walked in to see the two of them curled up on the floor together.

Haru didn't quite know what to do. He couldn't exactly move, Yuki was lying half across him. So he just lay there, watching as Tohru's face turned into various shades of red. Her expression changing from one of shock at what she thought they may have done, suspicion into herself for thinking they couldn't have done anything down here where anyone could walk in, shock again as she realised what she was just implying, embarrassment at that same thought and that Haru was now staring at her, and then a simple small smile. A smile when her eyes fell on Yuki, his arms wrapped around Haru like a child would do to its favourite cuddly toy. It was very un-Yuki like in her minds eye, but it was so cute she thought she just might squeak in delight, but then realised that was probably not the best idea as she doubted Yuki would want to wake up with another audience again.

"You know, for once, this wasn't my doing," Haru whispered, finally breaking the ice and thinking he should probably explain why they were like this.

Tohru smiled warmly and put her finger to her lips suggesting they be quiet. She slowly crept over to them and knelt down beside them. "Do you need any help? To get away before Yuki wakes up I mean?"

Haru looked at her a little surprised; she didn't seem to be too embarrassed at what she was seeing. Then again, she was the one he had opened up to. A lot of people seem to do that with Tohru, maybe that's why she's so understanding about pretty much everything. He was beginning to realise that he liked Tohru a lot. Not in the loving way, no, that was reserved for Yuki and Yuki alone, but more of the long lost friend. A friend that you haven't seen in years, but when you reunite again, you find they have so many wise and wonderful stories to tell, and that they have experienced so much on their travels there was no news imaginable that could surprise them. A friend that it doesn't matter how long you are apart, the second you meet again it's like they were never away.

Haru felt like he could trust Tohru, a lot, and so felt no embarrassment at all to ask her for help. She was one of the very few people who accepted his love for Yuki; he wasn't going to push that kind of person away for anything.

"Yeah, please. Could you just lift his arm up, I can't quite get at it at this angle."

Tohru happily obliged, slowly and as gently as possible lifting Yuki's arm from around Haru's chest. It was then of course she happened to notice, that although Yuki was wearing pajama's, Haru was shirtless.

Okay, so maybe she wasn't quite used to this much of it yet, as her hair seemed to stand on end as Haru slowly got up from the floor wearing nothing but that rat-cartooned style boxer shorts he had worn the first night he was here.

Well, at least he had managed it without an audience for once.

Or so he thought.

Shigure suddenly came thundering down the stairs, zoomed straight through the living room, grabbed an orange, gulped down a glass of water, zoomed straight past them again into his office, waved a quick goodbye….then stopped.

Turning back around for a moment, he looked at Yuki, still asleep on the floor, looked at Haru, glaring at Shigure to dare to say anything, looked at Tohru, who looked very skittishly worried that Yuki would wake up, before Shigure grinned, through a V sign towards them and shouted,

"I'm running late for something I forgot about. I'll see you kiddies later!"

And with that, ran out the door.

"You know--" Haru started after a pause, before Shigure suddenly came running back in,

"By the way, is there any chance that you can all be late for school today?" he pleaded.

Shigure, as many a Sohma member would know, was never very good at trying to hide a tone of voice. Whether it be anger, happiness, or in most cases, trying to act too innocent than was humanly possible for Shigure to be. Living with him for a while, Yuki had become the most recent youngest member to develop what Hatori had once called, 'The most useless sixth sense imaginable.' This sixth sense being as follows:

Shigure, acting hyper and then innocent, immediately sends an electric signal to the brain. The brain then automatically become nervous and suspicious, telling the mouth to instantly move and ask what the hell he was up to.

Yuki's eyes shot open as he stood up at lightning fast speed, "What the hell are you up to?"

Shigure's eye widen in innocence again, "I have no idea what you're talking about dear Yuki." He said, waving his hand at them grinning, "Well I'm off, why don't you and Haru just crawl back to bed together hmm?"

"What?!" came a strangely strangled voice coming from behind Shigure, who spun around to see Kyo standing there with a very disbelieving look on his face, "What did you say?"

"Oh don't you know?" said Shigure, playing up to this as much as he could get away with. Leaning over he whispered just loud enough so the others could hear, "Yuki and Haru slept together last night."

Kyo's face turned from disbelieving to a mad dangerously-clashing-with-hair blush as his dream flashed across his mind again. He slowly stepped away from Shigure with a look of what could have been terror on his face as he peered into the Living Room.

Haru stood next to Tohru, one hand on his hip and the other idly scratching behind his ear. When he saw the look on Kyo's face he just shrugged,

"What? We did?"

Kyo seemed to get more terrified by the moment and flinched, taking another step back, "You've got to be kidding me?"

Tohru wondered why Kyo was looking so strangely. After all, that's what Yuki and Haru had done. It was the truth; they had slept in the same bed, that wasn't wrong was it? "No they did," she said, trying to help out the situation "They slept together down here."

Kyo seemed to stare at Tohru never thinking for life of him she would know about this let alone admit out loud without a single bit of resentment, "D-d-d-down here?" he stuttered, "B-b-b-but anyone could have walked in….maybe that's why I dreamt….maybe I heard them do--NO!!!" Kyo clapped his hands over his ears trying to block his own thoughts, "YOU'RE ALL NUTS!" he shouted, suddenly losing his appetite for breakfast and ran back up to his room to hide until they'd all left for school so he could wander in later.

"What's his problem?" said Haru, a slight giggle from Shigure being his goodbye as he ran out the door again.

"Err, Yuki? Are you okay?" asked Tohru, looking very worryingly at Yuki.

Normally if Shigure had said something so blatant like that, Yuki would have been the first to snap back. But now he just stood there, eyes wide staring at the spot Shigure was standing in, his entire face burning red with embarrassment.

Haru looked at him wondering before smirking, "I get the feeling Kyo got the other impression of when someone says two people slept together."

Yuki simply looked away, too embarrassed to face anyone.

"Other, impression?" asked Tohru, putting her finger to her chin in thought before very slowly her mind giving her the answer. Now her hair really did stand on end, "OoOooOOOoo, oh, I mean, he wouldn't think that, I mean, you didn't, you just, I-I-I- ahhhh!" Tohru's face nearly matched Yuki's in redness now.

Haru looked from one to the other before resting his eyes properly on Yuki, turned away from him, the tops of his ears still red from blushing so hard. He was right, something had definitely changed big time between them. Never would Yuki have let anyone see him show so much emotion, to blush so hard like that. He would have yelled at Shigure than whacked Kyo for thinking something so perverted. He had his guard down now; people would start to see through. But Haru knew. Yuki had opened up a bit since Tohru was around, but in Haru's eye, Tohru had only started it. If she had opened Yuki's heart, allowing him to chose someone to love after all this time, then Haru was damned well going to make sure it was going to close with him the one inside, because once he was in Yuki's heart, he wasn't going to let anyone else in.

"Hatsuharu are you okay?" Tohru asked, watching him grin to himself with his eyes closed.

Tohru smiled at the dazed state her two friends were in, and she had the feeling that today was going to be a very interesting day.

-----

"A...a...a very interesting day...indeed." Said Tohru, staring in shock right ahead of her at her class's notice board just outside the classroom in the hallway.

She was not the only one who stared in shock though, there was in fact nearly every person from every class staring in shock at their class notice boards. And if there wasn't enough room there, then people had gathered to stare at random places on the wall, in the cafeteria, and any other place where this thing that lots of people stared at could be placed.

Uo walked up behind Tohru and took a double take at the board, "Whoa...isn't that…?"

"I believe it is." Said Hana, walking up beside them.

Tohru didn't quite know what to say. She was overcome with embarrassment and wondering how on earth this thing got here, and so many of them around the school! She felt like a zombie, just staring, not knowing what to do.

"I don't believe it!" screamed one random girl, "He can't!!! He's way too cute for that!!"

"Well actually that's a good reason he could be." Argued another.

"I wonder where those fan club girls are."

"Yeah, what are they gonna make of this?"

"Do you think we can copy this?"

"You pervert."

"Am not!"

"But with him??? Aren't they like, related?"

"Forget related, LOOK AT THEM!! IT'S THE CUTEST THING I'VE SEEN!! Come to think of it, forget that, WHERE'S THE REAL STUFF!?!"

The group of girls around this notice board scrambled away off to find the two boys, yes, the two certain boys that featured in the photo pinned up on the board.

"I don't think Yuki and Haru are going to be too fond of Shigure from this point on." Tohru mumbled more to herself, as the entire population of Kaibara High now found dozens of extras copies of the photo Shigure had so elegantly taken of their Prince Yuki and Hatsuharu kissing on the porch, pinned up around the school.

"Oh, I do hope Yuki and Haru haven't arrived yet."

-----

Yuki and Haru walked side by side down the pavement heading for the school. But this wasn't a nice, relaxing walk; this was a tense, uncomfortable silence. Yuki hadn't taken his eyes off the cement he was walking down the entire time, blatantly avoiding the question he knew Haru would eventually ask, 'Why did you come down stairs last night?' He didn't want Haru to ask it, because to be honest Yuki didn't know an answer right now. He just felt like it, it was simple as that. But now, now it was morning and the whole thing was over, Yuki thought back to try and find a reason. But no matter how hard he thought, he couldn't think of a logical explanation for why he suddenly had the urge to creep down the stairs in the middle of the night with a pillow, and curl up next to Haru like it was the most natural thing in the world!

You like him.

Of course I like him, he's-

No, you like like him-

Likelike him? What is this Kindergarten?

Okay, you love him.

....I prefer like like.

Why? You love him. That's why you wanted to go down there last night. You wanted to be close to him.

Shut up.

Don't tell me to shut up, you know you can't think of any other explanation.

And with that comment Yuki finished his conversation with himself and turned to look at Haru. Haru was walking along, hands in his pockets, looking as he usually did. Not a smile, nor a frown, just, normal. Yuki wondered if he knew exactly what he was doing to him. He had never felt so confused in his life; he didn't know what to do. He needed something to put him in the right direction, something to tell him what he was feeling was allowed. In fact something to tell him what this feeling was in the first place.

"THERE THEY ARE!!!"

Both Yuki and Haru looked up to see a hoard of dust coming towards them from the school they had just entered in through the gates. They both stopped and glanced at each other, and as the cloud grew nearer, they could see what it was. Dozens of girls were currently streaming towards them, arms out wide, screaming in joy and hyperness!

"What's going on?" asked Haru, as Yuki turned to look at the car park sign to the left.

There, stuck next to the arrow that read above it 'Please Park Here', was a picture of the two of them kissing barely a day ago.

Yuki's eyes widened as he slowly pointed at the picture, "Err.....H-h-haru."

"I wonder what they're in a rush for?"

It didn't occur to Haru that the girls were after them, that is until they both disappeared under a mass of giggling girls.

"OHMIGOD OHMIGOD OHMIGOD!!"

"DID YOU REALLY!"

"DID YOU? - DID YOU? DID YOU? DID YOU?"

Yuki looked flabbergasted, beyond shock at the apparent fact that Shigure had no limits. Haru simply stared at the photo between the giggling girls, vaguely wondering how long it would take to cook Roast Dog.

To Be Continued….