Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Black & White Heart ❯ Whispers ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 8: Whispers

Mai walked out of the school bathroom and yawned. Glancing at her watch, she turned to walk to her classroom when she got knocked out of the way by a group of girls flying past her screaming in delight. Twirling around, one of them stopped and ran back to her out of breath.

"M-Mai, have you seen it?" she asked excitedly.

"Seen what?"

The girl instantly brought up the photo of Yuki and Haru she was holding right in front of Mai's face. Mai stood still for the moment staring at the picture of her beloved. Gradually her eyes widened as she grabbed the photo and ran away down the hallway.

"HEY!!" shouted the girl, as Mai disappeared out of sight, "…That was my only copy."

-----

Yuki…was angry.

Now the complete shock had faded away, Yuki felt an insane urge to completely forget that Shigure was supposed to be his 'elder' and throttle him to his very last breath. He walked down the school hallway, having suggested to Haru it was best they not walk together anywhere, and was now daring anyone to stare or point or giggle as he walked towards his classroom. Every photo he came across he ripped down, ignoring the protests of some girls coming up to him and saying, "Ohhh, but I wanted to keep one of them." Trying to keep his calm composure at this time was becoming increasingly difficult. Everywhere he turned there were groups of girls pointing and blushing. Ok, so for him that wasn't anything too unusual, but this wasn't the usual reason and Yuki had become a slowly ticking bomb.

"Oooo, I want to say you are so cute in that photo!"

"The way your blushing heheheee!!"

"I can't believe it, you're so cool!"

Yuki quickly walked past yet another group of girls trying to grab hold of him, his fists beginning to clench at his sides as images of Shigure burning in a fiery hell kept on flashing across his mind.

How could he?! his mind seemed to growl, I'm gonna kill him!

Walking past a few boys gawking rather oddly at him, Yuki got to his classroom door and put his hand on the handle. It was then of course he remembered he was about to walk into a room he wouldn't be allowed to escape from for another 20 minutes, a room full of people that he just knew where going to crowd around him asking him every question they could think of about his 'relationship' with Haru.

Taking a deep breath knowing full well there was nothing he could do, he prepared for the bombardment…

…Nothing.

The students lounged about as they usually did, with everyone turning to look at him yes, but no one ran over to him, no one said anything except the usual, Hello, or Good Morning. Frowning slightly, Yuki walked over to his desk, eyes still following him, and sat down. He looked over at Tohru in confusion, who simply smiled at him and looked around the room, nodding slightly. Yuki smiled in relief, the ticking bomb suddenly defusing. It seems Tohru had stuck up for him, asking everyone to be nice and not bother him.

"Alright, well done everyone, and if I see anyone bothering the Prince and upsetting Tohru because of it I'll beat you all to a bloody pulp you got that?"

Ah, well, perhaps Uo had a hand in this as well, as she stood at the back of the classroom with her arms crossed and a fierce stare on her face, making everyone look at her quickly then get back to their own conversations. It was then that Kyo walked through the door, or rather being pushed very forcefully by his teacher, though the door.

"Come on Kyo, you have to go in."

"WHY? Can't I just stay outside!?"

"Don't answer back now sit down!"

Kyo slumped into the classroom and spotted Yuki looking at him. Immediately turning red, he sat down irritably in his chair. "Don't even look at me you filthy Rat!" he said, looking straight ahead at the wall knowing full well that Yuki was still staring at him.

Tohru smiled nervously. Kyo couldn't possibly have missed all the photos around the school; she was surprised he stayed when he got here. Kyo sat in his seat, arms crossed leaning back on his chair bluntly refusing to look at Yuki, who by now had turned away, his fuse relit at seeing Kyo acting like this and the memory of what he thought they were doing this morning returning.

As the teacher went about his business, doing the register and reading out other notes, Yuki started to fume again.

How can he just sit there? He thought angrily, looking up at the teacher, He must see these photos, why doesn't he organise the teachers to take them down? This is the most embarrassing day of my life.

He glanced over to some other students who quickly looked away from him and starting talking quietly, every now and then taking a quick glance at him. Yuki turned to glare at his desk, reforming images of drowning Shigure in the bath or poisoning him with his own cooking. As the teacher droned on, the students were starting to get restless. The whispers about Yuki started to get a little louder, Uo glaring about the classroom. Yuki's glare stayed fixed at his desk. He wasn't going to look at anyone. He hated to think what they thought of him now, what they were talking about, how disgusted everyone thought.

"Psst, hey Yuki."

Yuki risked a glance behind to see the guy at a few desks behind him, smiling slightly, then winking at him. Yuki blushed annoyed and quickly looked back to the front of the class. The fuse was getting very dangerous to exploding. Grabbing his desk lid he flew it open to get his books when…

…there lying inside was one of the photos…

The bomb exploded.

Yuki got out of his chair so fast it flew back into the desk behind him. Grabbing the photo, he stormed out of the classroom, ignoring the teachers' orders to sit back down. Absolutely mortified at Shigure, he walked down the now empty corridors to one of the school pay phones. As much as he wanted to go home to murder Shigure in some horrible and painful way, he wouldn't have enough time to go home so screaming at him down the phone would have to do for now.

"Yeeello?" came Shigure's cheerful voice.

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" Yuki screamed at him.

"Ahhh, Yuki!" the still cheerful voice responded, "And what may I owe the pleasure of this call?"

"ARE YOU INSANE? Don't pretend you don't know you IDIOT!!"

There seemed to be a snicker from the other end, "I see you found the photo in your desk."

"In my desk?…IN MY DESK?! THEY'RE EVERYWHERE! I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU FOR THIS!!"

There was a short pause before Shigure asked, "…Everywhere?"

"Yes everywhere, I'm going to KILL you when I get home!"

"But I only put the picture in your desk."

Yuki's furious face subsided slightly. Shigure sounded very honest, like he truly didn't know. "What do you mean just in my desk?"

"Well you found that cutesy little photo-"

"--Shigure."

"That photo in your desk right?"

"Yes. But there are others all around the school. There must be hundreds of them."

It was then the school bell rang in indicating the start of lessons.

Another pause at the end of line, "Yuki, I have no idea. I swear it was only the one in your desk I put, just for a little harmless fun really. But I don't know what your talking about, saying there all over the school."

Pupils began to vacate their classrooms to head off to their next class, filling out into the corridor where Yuki was.

Yuki seemed to turn white, "Well if you didn't put them up…then who--?"

Yuki dropped the phone. He had glanced to his left to see a certain someone half way to sticking up another photo on the wall, and the pupils in the corridor suddenly pausing and gazing in curiosity.

"Hey who's that?" asked one girl to her friend.

"I don't know."

Yuki stared unbelieving, "AYAME!?"

Ayame looked up from the photo to Yuki and grinned, "Ahhhh!! My dear brother!"

Tohru suddenly ran out the classroom, darting her eyes around to find Yuki. She spotted him to her left and began to run over to him when she saw Ayame and another familiar crowd beginning to gather round. From Yuki's other side down the corridor walked Haru, being followed by a very large group of girls giggling and asking him questions he was refusing to even acknowledge. Beside him was Momiji, poking him in the ribs and laughing.

Yuki noticed the crowd getting rather large again and stormed up to Ayame, hand out stretched to grab the pile of photos he was holding ready to be pinned up.

"Here Yuki!" Yuki stopped mid pause for Ayame had suddenly whipped out something on a hanger, something that all the girls standing the corridor where currently squealing excitedly over, "I brought this in for you to wear! I just know Haru would love to see you in it HAHAHAAA!!"

Haru, seeing what was going on, walked up behind Yuki at hearing that statement prepared to snap back. But when he saw what Ayame was holding, his Black side decided that would be rather nice and instead of saying anything just stood still and stared rather bizarrely at the item, his two personalities fighting over what he should really be thinking about it.

"You…you…" Yuki couldn't think what to say as he stared at this item of clothing being held in front of him.

One of Ayame's most popular items he held in his hand. The Maid's Uniform. Only this time instead of the usual black fabric with the white apron, this was a violet colour with a faded pink apron. A few frilly pieces of fabric on the hem of the skirt and around the arms.

"It'll match your eyes don't you think?" Ayame grinned.

The girls around them all started giggling and nodding in agreement.

"You………………

…R 30;………………

……YOU IDIOT!!!!"

-----

"This cannot be!" Motoko pleaded to sky, as she stared hopelessly out the window in her latest Prince Yuki Fan Club meeting. She held up the photo of Yuki and Haru and looked at it sadly, "All this time I had been keeping girls away from him, and never once did I think to keep guys away as well."

"Err, President?"

Motoko suddenly glared at the picture and screwed it up in her hand, spinning around to face her other members. "This will not be allowed to happen! Yuki belongs to us and us alone! We must win back our Prince!"

Minami seemed too hung up about the photo and sat there in tears over her Prince.

"But how?" said Mai, looking at her own picture of Yuki and Haru before Motoko stormed over and grabbed it.

"We need a plan!" She said, tearing up the photo (HEY! That's MINE!), "The ultimate plan! We will prevail!" she yelled as she slammed her hands down on the table.

Miho had her finger on her chin in thought staring up at the ceiling, when suddenly her eyes widened and she shot her hand up in the air, "Hey I know! Tomorrow is exactly one week until our Christmas holidays start right?"

"Yes. You have a plan?"

"Yep!" She rose from her chair and walked over to Motoko, the others getting up and forming a small whispering group, "Okay, here's what we do. After school…"

To Be Continued…