Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Childhood Reborn ❯ Don't Tell Anyone ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Later that evening after a good hearty dinner and a few hours of friendly banter, the Gundam Boys went to bed. Jacinda stayed up to do some last minute work while Siero stuck by for company. They were flipping through some papers working out what was needed when Dr. Ridge went on his next barter when Siero accidently cut his finger on the side of the paper.
 
“Ouch!” He bellowed. “Damn paper cuts.”
 
Jacinda took a quick look.
 
“It's not bad...I'll get you some antiseptic and a bandage.”
 
Pulling out her first aid kit from a drawer, she brought it over to the table, and opened it up.
 
“That's strange.” She said as she dug through the kit.
 
“What is?” Siero asked.
 
“I refilled this kit probably a week or two ago, but it seems like I am already low on gauze and medical tape.”
 
She hunted through some more.
 
“And I know there were more antiseptic packets then this.” Jacinda said as she handed Siero one along with a bandage.
 
Siero shrugged.
 
“Maybe the pilots were just cleaning up some of their wounds?”
 
Jacinda shook her head.
 
“Can't be…Ridge or I hand them that stuff when we finish examining them for the day and I gave them their own first aid kit to take with them when they went out to fix the Gundams.”
 
Siero took care of his cut while Jacinda tapped her finger looking thoughtful.
 
“And it's not Bastian.” She continued. “Trust me…if he got a hold of the supplies I would see them strewn all over his room. I keep it too far up for him to reach anyway because I don't want him playing with the scissors in there.”
 
Siero again just shrugged.
 
“Maybe you miscounted?” He said. “It has been a crazy time.”
 
“It's not just that.” She said. “I have also been noticing that whenever I have some meat in the house…if I use it for dinner one night…then a good portion of leftovers are gone the next.”
 
“Now that could just be the pilots!” Siero said. “They are growing boys after all; no doubt one of them probably sneaks in there for a midnight snack, most likely that Duo boy. That kid can pack it in!”
 
Jacinda laughed.
 
“Maybe.” She said. “I suppose I should just make a separate plate or two of food in case they are hungry in the middle of the night. Though it's weird that it only seems to be the meat though, none of the bread, fruit, vegetables, or even the dessert we have in there are taken.”
 
Siero chuckled.
 
“Sounds like you maybe have a mouse in the house.”
 
Jacinda rolled her eyes.
 
“I think it's time I did some investigating.”
 
Meanwhile upstairs…
 
“We should definitely get back to work tomorrow.” Heero said as he got into bed.
 
Quatre laughed.
 
“You heard Jacinda, no work tomorrow either.” He said.
 
“Woohoo another day off!” Duo said as he bounced onto his bed.
 
Heero crossed his arms.
 
“Do what you like then.” He said. “But I am going to work on Zero. We can't keep hanging around this village, not with OZ being so suspicious.”
 
Wufei sighed.
 
“I am with you on that one Yuy, but we don't have all the parts we need. We have to improvise somehow.”
 
“Maybe we can ask Dr. Ridge if he can get some supplies for us when he does his barter next week.”
 
“And totally raise suspicion?” Duo said. “If OZ is lurking in that town and sees Ridge grabbing mechanical supplies they might think something is up.”
 
“Then let them come to us then.” Heero said. “Makes things easier on us.”
 
“Absolutely not!” Quatre said sternly. Everyone turned to him slightly surprised at his harsh tone.
 
“I will not let this village perish under OZ just so we can complete our missions.” He said. “You know that if OZ comes here they will destroy it no questions asked just so they can find us. We and the people of this village know that better than anyone. I refuse to see that happen!!
 
Heero felt annoyed.
 
“How the hell do you expect us to complete our missions as you so blatantly put it then? We have already been here a month and a half with no contact of what is going on with the Alliance? You think they have stopped because we have!?”
 
“I heard on Jacinda's radio that they have been quiet lately.” Trowa said. “She had it on this evening when I came downstairs for dinner. They just mention there have only been meetings upon meetings. No word on attacks or even us for that matter.”
 
“That's a good sign.” Duo said. He looked over at Heero and Quatre who both looked like they were secretly seething.
 
“Come on you guys.” Duo said. “Look, we'll take Jacinda's advice and take tomorrow off out of courtesy to her. Then we'll immediately go back to working on the Gundams and won't stop until they are complete.”
 
“Maxwell is right, as much as I hate to admit it.” Wufei said. “There is no point in getting upset. Jacinda's radio keeps us informed about OZ's activities and while we know that there may be hidden messages in the information provided, we can't travel with our Gundams still in need of repair. Regardless of improvising parts or through Dr. Ridge's connections the fact remains we are still stuck here.”
 
“Might as well make the best of it.” Trowa added lying down. “We do at the safe houses all the time when we are on missions anyway.”
 
Quatre sighed.
 
“I apologize for getting upset Heero.” He said. “I just…for once…I've been enjoying this peace. The people here have been so kind to us and to be able to live for awhile without the fighting and the blood; to not worry about taking another life has been wonderful. For the first time in a long while I feel like I can breathe.”
 
Heero just hmphed as he turned over on his side and wrapped the blanket around him.
 
“Oh come on Heero!” Duo yelled at him annoyed that he didn't respond to Quatre. “Stop acting like such a jerk. Quatre's right and you know it, so just suck it up already. One more day of rest isn't going to kill you.”
 
“Enough you guys!” Trowa said before anyone else could start in. “If Jacinda hears us arguing she's going to come in here and I'd rather not have to explain to her why we are acting like children.”
 
“We should be more respectful of our host.” Wufei said. “Let's just go to sleep.”
 
Duo just growled and crawled deep under the covers while Quatre got into his. Trowa reached over and hit the light switch and the room was engulfed in darkness save for the windows that let the moon's beams in.
 
Around midnight all was quiet. The pilots had fallen asleep pretty quickly that is…except for Trowa. He had remained awake though exhaustion had been plaguing him, but he had a promise to keep. Sensing all was safe, he got out of the bed. Grabbing his shoes he snuck quietly out of the room.
 
What Trowa didn't know was that he wasn't the only one awake. Quatre had been having a difficult time getting to sleep after his argument with Heero. He had just started dozing when he heard the very slightest creak of a bed. Turning over, he saw Trowa getting up and leaving the room. Thinking that Trowa just had to make a visit to the bathroom Quatre didn't think the most of it, but still peeked out the door just out sheer curiosity. He raised his eyebrows when he saw Trowa going in the direction of the stairs rather than the bathroom and was holding his shoes. Quatre knew he had to find out what his friend was doing. Grabbing his shoes and a blanket for extra warmth Quatre also went downstairs. He had just made it to the landing when he saw a small light on. There he saw Trowa gathering something out of the fridge.
 
“Trowa?” Quatre said.
 
Trowa jumped, nearly dropping the meat.
 
“Quatre!?” He said in a shocked whisper. “What are you doing up?”
 
“I couldn't sleep and I saw you come down here.” Quatre said coming to his side. He looked down to see what was in Trowa's hands.
 
“What are you doing with that raw meat?”
 
“Shhh!” Trowa said putting his finger to his lips. “Please don't speak so loudly or else everyone will wake up.”
 
Quatre put his hand to his mouth.
 
“Sorry.” He whispered. “But really, what are you doing?”
Obviously the excuse of getting a midnight snack would be out of the question. Had it been anything other than raw meat he might have gone scot free.
 
Trowa shoulders slumped. He knew no other way.
 
“If you remain quiet, I'll show you.” Trowa said. Quatre nodded and Trowa checking his supply, tiptoed silently over the front door and within seconds he and his blonde companion were outside. What they didn't realize was that there was another pair of eyes watching them.
 
“I'm sorry if I caused such a ruckus before.” Quatre whispered.
 
“Don't worry about it.” Trowa said as they walked down the dirt path. “You just spoke your mind, not everyone is going to agree with you.”
 
He chuckled.
 
“As a corporation heir I thought you would be used to disagreement.”
 
Quatre smiled. Hearing Trowa laugh was like sweet music to his ears.
 
They reached the edge of the village where they were away from prying eyes, but not too far from Jacinda's.
 
“What are we doing here?” Quatre asked.
 
“Just stay behind me for a second.” Trowa said as he walked ahead just a few feet. He then put his fingers to his lips and let out a light whistle. Seconds later Quatre saw the rustling of a bush and a mass of dark golden hair trample onto Trowa, licking his face, and running around him happily.
 
“Oh my!” Quatre said figuring it all out. “That's the dog that got chased out of the village!”
“Yes!” Trowa said in between laughs as the dog happily smothered him with love. “Okay, okay, here you are!”
 
Trowa pulled the raw meat from his pocket and stood up.
 
“You know the drill.” He said. “SIT!”
 
The dog paused but immediately sat.
 
“STAY!” Trowa backed up as the dog waited with a little impatience for his treat.
 
“Good job!” Trowa said and tossed some meat to the dog that jumped and caught it.
 
Quatre then clapped his hands.
 
“Oh Trowa that was wonderful!” He said. The dog then noticed Quatre and backed up arching his back and snarling slightly.
 
Trowa immediately intervened.
 
“Shh…it's alright.” Trowa said petting the dog. “He's my friend, you can trust him. Come here Quatre!”
 
Quatre slinked over to the dog slowly. Trowa gently took his wrist and helped him lean down.
 
“You have to be on his eye level, and let him sniff you.” Trowa said. “He's just scared.”
 
The dog looked at Trowa then over at Quatre and approached him timidly. After smelling Quatre lightly he seemed to settle down. Quatre could see that while the dog was still very skinny, he was looking much better than their previous meeting. The wounds that the dog had were healing and his fur was longer and softer looking than before.
 
“Trowa.” Quatre said as he watched his friend feed the dog more meat. “This is why you snuck out?”
 
Trowa nodded.
 
“How?”
 
The Latin shrugged.
 
“I come out at night and see him when everyone goes to sleep. I guess you now know why Jacinda's kitchen has been compromised. He stays hidden in the forest away from the village until I whistle for him and give him something to eat and check to make sure he isn't hurt.”
 
The dog scratched his ear.
 
“I think he has fleas though.” Trowa said. Quatre just looked at him in awe.
 
“What?” He asked.
 
Quatre just smiled.
 
“You are really amazing Trowa.” He said. “All this time you have been caring for him when he could have hurt you.”
 
Trowa's face became hard.
 
“Animals only hurt when threatened.” Trowa said. “If he had hurt me I would have understood. He wasn't in the state he was because of living in a forest. It was because of humans. It makes me sick. It's one thing for a human to hurt a human. But to hurt an animal is plain cruelty. Animals kill for protection and the need for food. Not for idealistic purposes like we do. To hurt animals for fun is evil and shouldn't go unpunished.”
 
“Trowa…” Quatre started.
 
“We killed yes.” Trowa interrupted as the dog settled next to him. “We tore apart families and we spilled blood that shouldn't have been spilt. But…we had no choice. They are doing the same thing…right…if we haven't intervened they would have just gone on doing it to more and more people anyway. We stopped them…that says something doesn't it? But to do that to an animal who doesn't cause any harm in the first place is just…”
 
Trowa put his hands in his lap and stared down at the ground unable to continue his sentence. Quatre was amazed. Trowa was showing a very vulnerable side of himself that he probably only showed to this dog. The dog whined sensing Trowa's pain and nuzzled his hand with his head. Quatre looked at his friend and with a little gulp took his hand.
 
“It is wrong.” Quatre said as Trowa looked up at him. “What those people did to him. He probably just was looking for a home or was lost and just needed some love and food and was turned away. He didn't deserve it. And what we do…as horrible as it is…the fact that we do feel guilty and responsible does say something about us doesn't it? That we are better than the Alliance because we don't think this fighting is the answer, but it's the only way to get through to them. If we didn't have the Gundams and fought, who knows what could happen?”
 
Trowa nodded gently.
 
“Even though it still hurts every time I aim my gun.” Quatre said quietly. Suddenly without warning Quatre found an arm being draped over his shoulder and being pulled towards a thin, warm chest. Quatre though surprised, closed his eyes and almost instinctively nuzzled into it wrapping his arms around Trowa's waist.
 
Trowa placed his chin atop Quatre's golden halo of hair and closed his eyes basking in the sweet smell of his comrade. The dog meanwhile cuddled up to Trowa's side gnawing at some more meat.
 
The two were quiet while nature sang them a sweet lullaby. It was times like this Trowa, Quatre, and even the rest of the pilots cherished. The sweet sounds of innocence basking them, not hunting for them. None of the boys would admit it, well maybe Duo and Quatre would, but they all felt a sense of completion they hadn't felt in a long time while staying in Cache du Monde. For once, they weren't being treated like terrorists. Cache du Monde opened its heart to them. Jacinda especially. She had tapped into a need that each boy hadn't felt in ages since becoming active soldiers. While Quatre was familiar with it, Trowa, not so much. When Jacinda had checked his temperature the day before, her hand was so warm. Not bad warmth, but warmth he wanted to curl up into like one would in a soft blanket. She looked down at him with such a gaze. A gaze that was worried, but very kind.
 
And about the boy he had inexplicably pulled to him. Trowa had no idea what was running through his head. Why had he reached for Quatre so and why he had no intention of letting go? He didn't feel the same with the rest of the pilots unless there was a medical reason behind it. He'd supposed maybe he would let his guard down and give a brief hug or pat on the back, but this touch? Trowa inhaled Quatre's locks and his body eased as he gazed down. He dared not move his arms for fear of ending this sweetness. The sight of his friend's blushing face and the closed turquoise eyes melted him. The sight of his pale pink lips were hypnotic. He seemed to be drawing closer and closer to them…
 
“Grrrrr….”
 
Trowa snapped out of it to hear the rustling of leaves and cracks of twigs breaking. The dog was up on all fours perched back ready to defend his dearest human friend. Quatre too came out of his trance from the sound of someone approaching and he and Trowa immediately got into battle stance. Nearer and nearer it came until…
 
“What in the world….eep!” A voice called and suddenly out tumbled Jacinda!!
 
Trowa and Quatre were stunned as the village nurse grumbled.
 
“Dang roots!” She said embarrassed. She then looked up at her guests and grinned.
 
“Didn't anyone ever tell you two it's not right to sneak out after curfew?”
 
Trowa shook his head while Quatre spoke.
 
“Are you alright!?” He asked worriedly helping the nurse to her feet.
 
She laughed as she brushed the dirt off her jeans.
 
“I'm fine bright eyes.” She said. “I'm a grade A klutz sometimes, but don't tell anyone.”
 
Meanwhile Trowa inched closer and closer to his canine friend ready to defend it if need be.
 
“But forget that.” She said as she noticed a slab of raw pork hanging out of Trowa's pocket.
 
“So I guess I have found the villain who has been absconding with my meat huh?”
 
She crossed her arms and feigned anger.
 
“Oh please don't be mad Jacinda!” Quatre pleaded. “It was for a good reason. See!”
 
Jacinda peered over Quatre and saw Trowa poised for battle and the snarling dog behind him. She immediately recognized it as the one the villagers had chased out weeks before and the pieces all came together.
 
“Trowa.” She said as she walked towards him. “You've been caring for him all this time?”
 
He backed up hoping the dog would run, but it didn't.
 
“Yes and if you try to hurt him, I will be forced to repeat the same action to you!” Trowa said. “So stay away and leave him alone!!”
 
“Trowa…” Quatre said.
 
Jacinda stopped and stared at Trowa. He was ready to fight by no means necessary, but in his eyes she saw something else…fear. He genuinely did not want the dog to get hurt. While his body stood like that of a man his eyes spoke of a young boy pleading for an adult's mercy.
 
Placing her hands on his shoulders Jacinda smiled and looked straight into his eyes.
 
“I wouldn't do such a thing angel.” She said. “Especially not to something that means the world to you. I promise.”
 
Trowa stared up at her but she felt his body breathe a sigh of relief. She peered over his shoulder to the dog that was still snarling, but wouldn't move unless Trowa had commanded it or the woman started to harm the boy.
 
“He looks so much better.” Jacinda said. “Do you think I can meet him Trowa?”
 
The Latin looked at her uncertainly.
 
“I swear on my son's life that I will not intentionally hurt this dog.” She swore with her hand on her heart. “I just want to check him out for myself.”
 
Trowa remained silent.
 
“It's okay Trowa.” Quatre piped in. “You know Jacinda is a woman of her word.”
 
Trowa stepped aside and commanded the dog to come. At first it was frightened by the new face, but trusted his master. Timidly it stepped forward.
 
“What a handsome boy you are.” Jacinda said as she let the dog sniff her. Trowa watched her with hawk like eyes, ready to pounce if Jacinda pulled the slightest tuft of fur out of his friend.
 
“May I pet him Trowa?” She asked. “Maybe give him some meat too so he can trust me?”
 
Trowa just stared down at her, and then he felt a small hand slip into his.
 
“Go on Trowa.” Quatre said.
 
The Latin sighed and handed Jacinda some meat. The woman chuckled.
 
“And Siero said I might have a mouse in the house.” She giggled. “I didn't know mice were this tall.”
 
Trowa rolled his eyes as Jacinda held the meat out to the dog.
 
“Here you go.” She said. Once again, the dog sniffed, looked to Trowa, and then began to eat. Jacinda took that as her chance to inspect the dog. She was amazed at how weeks ago he was a mess of fur and wounds, but now the fur was soft and fluffy and the wounds were healing nicely and forming barely visible scars.
 
“I had wrapped his cuts in some gauze and medical tape.” Trowa spoke up. “It looks like some people decided he'd be a fun dart board.
 
“And you were right.” Jacinda said. “These are definitely wounds by human hands, but wounds that are becoming a thing of the past.”
 
“I just removed the wrappings a few nights ago.”
 
Jacinda smiled up at Trowa then went back to the dog.
 
“He does have fleas and a few ticks.” Jacinda said checking the dog's ear and running her hand through his fur. Gently she lifted a paw and saw the pad covered in debris and some pine needles, but pretty well intact.
 
Wiping her hands she stood up.
 
“He's in very good shape for the state he was originally in. You did well Dr. Barton.” Jacinda said grinning. Trowa just lowered his eyes.
 
“Why didn't you tell me?” Jacinda asked him kindly. “If it was bothering you then I and the rest of the crew could have looked for him together. It's dangerous to go out here into the woods alone. Especially with OZ lurking about not so long ago.”
 
Jacinda had overheard Quatre and Trowa's conversation in the kitchen and knew that tonight was Quatre's first night with the dog.
 
“I can take care of myself.” Trowa said defiantly. “And had such a thing had happened I would have protected myself and him. Besides everyone had been so cruel to him because of those damn brats, I don't want them near him who knows what they might have done.” He motioned to the dog that was now curled at his feet.
 
Jacinda sighed. Never trust anyone, it was a code in the Alliance and it was a code for the Gundam pilots.
 
“Even me and the rest of the pilots?” Quatre said feeling crest fallen that Trowa didn't trust him. “You know I would never hurt an animal. I had lots of them back on L4.”
 
`Good move Quatre.' Jacinda thought looking at Trowa's now guilty face.
 
“I…I thought it best to let you sleep.” Trowa said. “You were hurt the most out of all of us. You needed to rest.”
 
“But why didn't you tell me when I was awake?” Quatre asked. “Do you not trust in me Trowa? I thought you did?”
 
Quatre looked genuinely hurt and Trowa was at a loss for words. He knew why he had done it, but couldn't vocalize a good reason that would spare his friend pain.
 
“I think Trowa didn't want anyone of us to know for fear someone might overhear and go after the dog.” Jacinda intervened. “We go to far lengths sometimes to protect the children of the village and with an animal that is assumed rabid, well…we just don't think sometimes. Trowa trusts you Quatre and your friends, but don't forget that you guys are still in unfamiliar territory with unfamiliar people. I won't lie, there are some who are suspicious of you and gossip does spread. And I can understand trust must be a very tough issue for all of you. He didn't do it out of spite.”
 
Trowa looked at Jacinda stunned. The woman had basically saved his ass or so he hoped.
 
“Just saying.” Jacinda said rubbing the back of her head.
 
“Really Trowa?” Quatre asked looking back at Trowa. “Is that why you didn't tell me?”
 
Trowa nodded. Jacinda had formulated his answer wonderfully.
 
“I just…just wanted to protect him.” Trowa stammered. “I would have been glad for you to come with me, but I wanted you to rest and with all the people in the village around, I just felt that if I told, someone would find out and go after him. Forgive me if I hurt you in anyway.”
 
Quatre grinned.
 
“Apology accepted dear friend Trowa!” He said. Trowa looked at Jacinda and she just smiled and winked. Just then the dog decided to bark and began pulling on the blanket Quatre had wrapped around him.
 
“I think someone wants to play!” Quatre said as he began a tug of war with the dog. Trowa joined in and Jacinda watched as the two boys played with the dog a few minutes longer.
 
“I'd hate to break this game.” Jacinda said. “But it IS the middle of the night and we all need some shut eye. Time to head back you guys, come on hop to it.”
 
Trowa and Quatre nodded.
 
“Guess I'll see you later.” Trowa said kneeling down to the dog.
 
“You are such a great dog, I hope you don't mind if I come with Trowa from now on.”
 
The dog woofed and began licking Quatre's face causing the Arab to giggle.
 
“Goodbye for now then.” Trowa said to the dog as he pet him.
 
“Goodbye?” Jacinda said. “What goodbye?”
 
Trowa shrugged.
 
“It's time to leave…you said so.”
 
“Yeah I did, all of us.” She then pointed. “Including him!”
 
Quatre gasped when he saw Jacinda's finger pointing to the dog.
 
“Jacinda…”
 
“Really?” Trowa asked dumbfounded.
 
“If it'll keep you from swiping my supplies and sneaking out into the middle of the night, then absolutely he's coming with us. Besides a dog will be good for Bastian because it's never too early to teach a child responsibility. We'll give him a bath, and a flea dip tomorrow and we'll treat the ticks and any other ailments. Unfortunately he will have to sleep outside for one more night because of the fleas and all that, but he should be allowed in the house after that. However…”
 
She looked over at Trowa.
 
“I expect that while you are here Trowa Barton that you will care for the dog. He may stay in the village or go with you while you work on your Gundam, but he is your responsibility until you leave. Otherwise I will see to it that he gets another home if he shows signs of neglect. Is that understood?”
 
Trowa nodded and smiled lightly.
 
“Understood.” He said.
 
“Okay troops round up!”
 
Quatre giggled and headed for Trowa's side as he gently led the timid dog through the woods and back into the village. The dog showed signs of fear as they approached the village and it took sometime for him not to worry, but Trowa kept him calm. When they reached Jacinda's house Quatre started yawning.
 
“You, bed, now.” Jacinda said. “Like Trowa said before you need rest. He and I will take care of getting the dog settled out here.”
 
“But I'm fine.” Quatre said through a yawn.
 
“It's alright Quatre.” Trowa said. “I won't be much longer anyway.”
 
“Alright, goodnight then!” Quatre said. “Thank you again Jacinda!”
 
And inside he went. Meanwhile Jacinda told Trowa to lead the dog into the backyard while she got some things for him inside. He had just found a quite secluded place away from Jacinda's garden when she came back outside.”
 
“I made him up a plate of more meat and some grain if he gets hungry or we oversleep this morning. I also found an old bowl that can be used as a water dish. You can just fill it with the hose over there.”
 
Trowa nodded as the dog lay in his lap dozing to the warm feel of Trowa's hand petting his fur.
 
“I also brought an old blanket for his bed and a sleeping bag for you.”
 
Trowa looked up at her.
 
“How did you…”
 
“Like I didn't know you were going to ask me if you could stay outside with him.” She answered for him. “I figured you would want to stay or you would just sneak back out. Besides I need someone to guard my garden from the wrath of doggie digging and umm…leavings.”
 
Jacinda's kind way of saying clean up after him made Trowa chuckle.
 
“I also brought an extra sleeping bag just in case Quatre decides to venture out here too.”
 
She winked and then sat down for a spell next to Trowa.
 
“So did you have a name for him already?”
 
Trowa shook his head.
 
“No, haven't been able to come up with one.”
 
“Mmm…well tomorrow we'll put our heads together. But now you are going to get into that sleeping bag and get some rest you hear me?”
 
Trowa nodded and Jacinda patted his leg.
 
“Alright kiddo time to hit the hay! You have a good night. If the bugs start bothering you just come back inside or move to the porch.
 
“I'll be fine.” He said. “Good night.”
 
Jacinda then got up and started walking towards the house.
 
“Wait Jacinda!” Trowa called out to her.
 
“Yes?”
 
He walked over to her and with a little gulp he quickly wrapped his arms around her.
 
“Thank you.” He whispered giving her a little squeeze.
 
Jacinda was stunned for a moment then wrapped her arms around him gently. It reminded her of the numerous but always welcomed hugs Bastian always gave her. The ones that reminded her why she had become his mother in the first place.
 
“My pleasure sweetheart.” She said.
 
A little while later when Jacinda had retired to her own room and Trowa started to doze he once again heard the sounds of footsteps. He knew he didn't have to guess.
 
“You should be inside.” Trowa said.
 
“Couldn't sleep.” Quatre said.
 
“Yeah right, Jacinda left you a sleeping bag, get in it.”
 
Quatre smiled and did as was told.
 
“I saw what you did before, the hug you gave Jacinda.”
 
“You were spying on me?”
 
“I'm a Gundam pilot, it's part of what I do.”
 
Trowa snorted.
 
“That was real sweet of you Trowa, you're a real gentleman.”
 
Trowa blushed hotly and turned over on his side.
 
“Just…let's just keep that little secret to ourselves…okay?”
 
Quatre giggled.
 
“Sure Trowa.”
 
And within moments they too were sound asleep next to their canine friend.