Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Childhood Reborn ❯ Humor Me ( Chapter 29 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Heero and Duo found themselves moving closer to one another until it couldn't be helped. They closed their eyes and let their lips press together tenderly, longingly, and sweetly.
As slowly as it began, it slowly ended. The two pilots lost themselves in the moment of physical and emotional bliss. Still new to kissing, the boys massaged their lips together innocently. Duo took the intiative and shakily wrapped his arms around Heero's neck needing to feel the boy, no, young man, closer to him. Heero just was in shock, but for the first time in his young life, did not pull back and put up his wall of defense. He was taking something he wanted to take, not what anyone else told him to take.
But soon the need for air and recollection became too great as the two of them pulled away. Breathless, warm, blushing, and stunned the two boys opened the eyes.
“Whoa.” Duo whispered. “That was….pretty awesome.”
Heero, unable to speak turned to the side.
“You liked it, didn't you Heero?” Duo asked.
Heero was still speechless, so Duo decided to be the stronger man.
“Would you laugh, if I told you…I was jealous of Relena?” He asked.
Heero's eyebrows went up.
“Why?”
“Because I always thought she would end up with you.” He said. “She fights so hard for you. I mean, I always thought you were cool and stuff, and you know…what just happened…I've thought of before.”
Heero slowly turned to Duo.
“You have?”
“Yeah, I just….always thought if I ever had a chance to kiss someone, I wouldn't mind it being you.”
“But…we are both guys.” Heero whispered.
“So?” Duo said.
“Wouldn't you rather be a girl?” Heero asked.
Duo grinned.
“Hey man, the odds of me surviving this war are not high, whether it be a chick or a dude, as long as I had someone for even a short period of time then I would go to Hell a happy fella.”
Then his face kind of fell.
“Hey you know if you were saving your first kiss for Relena or some girl then it don't count you know!” Duo pleaded. “It don't mean anything, I mean it meant something to me, but it don't have to mean anything it you if you wanted to kiss Relena and…
“Duo.” Heero interrupted.
“Yeah, what?”
“Shut up.” Heero said. “I'm glad we kissed.”
“Okay.” Duo's eyebrows shot up and he turned to Heero
“Wait!” He said. “You are!?”
Heero nodded.
Duo scratched the back of his head.
“So, does that mean….you…you know…like me? Cuz I totally like you, and had things been different, I probably would have asked you out and we could go out on dates and do…you know…what we just did I would be totally happy and MPH!
Heero couldn't take it anymore with Duo's nervous chatter and in a bold move kissed Duo on the lips. Once again, both boys melted.
“Heero.” Duo sighed.
“I don't understand how I am feeling.” Heero said. “But having these kisses doesn't disgust me. Being close to you, even though we have our moments, doesn't give me the same feelings as I have with Relena. But as of late, these feelings I have been feeling towards you has totally destroyed my focus. I find myself thinking of you instead of my missions or Wing. I..I don't feel like the same Heero Yuy I am supposed to be and as much as I fight it, I can't help myself from liking it…or you.”
Duo stared at Heero once again realizing that Heero wasn't like other boys their age and that the feelings Heero was having wasn't normal to him though it sure did make Duo happy. Taking a gulp he put his hand on Heero's shoulder.
“Hey Heero, ya know.” Duo said. “It's okay. You're not a machine you know. You're human and you have feelings like the rest of us mere mortals. I mean sure you have awesome abilities and can pilot Wing like nobody's business, but you know, you're still a guy…and guys get feelings and hell they can be a pain in the ass sometimes.”
“They can?” Heero asked.
“Definitely, I feel the same way about you! I mean watching you kick major Ozzie butt and when you fight you got some power stealth move and when you have to dress up for some fancy function, you look pretty damn good if I do say so myself. It screws with my mind sometimes and when I have some down time, instead of working on `Sycthe or finding OZ I just…start thinking about you.”
Heero and Duo stared at each other for a few moments just digesting everything that they just thought about.
“So what do we do now?” Heero asked.
Duo massaged Heero's shoulder.
“Would you mind…if we…gave it a try?” Duo answered.
Heero turned to him.
“How?” He said. “We are not always together and what about the others…not that I care what they think!”
Duo chuckled at Heero's nonchalance over the other pilots.
“Well Wuffers would either throw a fit or just ignore us.” Duo answered. “'Tro probably won't care and Quat will either lecture us or be jumping for joy…you know how little things like that make guy happy as a pig in mud.”
He then laughed.
“Though I have been sensing that Trowa and Quatre might also be having the “more than friends” feeling.”
“Barton does look over Winner quite a bit.” Heero said with a shrug.
“And vice versa.”
Heero then sighed.
“There is the possibility neither one of us could come out of this war alive, you do realize that?”
The next thing Heero knew he was pulled onto Duo's chest and could feel and hear the beat of his heart.
“If you promise me you'll do everything you can to stay alive in this war, I promise I will go fist to fist with Satan himself to make sure I can come back to you.”
Heero's eyes widened and he found himself nuzzling into Duo's chest. Remembering all of Dr. J's teachings, total and complete failure meant death either by OZ or his own hand.
“I…I can't guarantee that Duo.” He said. “I would like to, but I can't.”
Duo sighed because he also knew he could find himself in similar circumstances, though suicide for him was out of the question. He'd fight until no life was left in him.
“I know.” He said. “But humor me, just this once, okay?”
Heero smiled lightly as he stared up into Duo's eyes.
“Okay.”
And once again they kissed, but tightly in each other's arms.