Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Waltz ❯ Crying to a Step Back ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Warning: I do not own or am I permitted to use any characters that are licensed to Bandai or its affiliates who own the Gundam franchise.
 
Chapter 3
Crying to a Step Back
 
Lady Une did not enjoy dances; especially ones commemorating memories past that she did not wish to reminisce on for the rest of her lifetime. She opted instead to stay at the Preventers base on earth; finishing up the preliminary mission evidence for the next mission she would send the Preventers on.
 
“It has been a long time since I've been in space,” Lady Une spoke to her own reflection in the full-length glass window, `How majestic and mysterious it is, yet, how sad it is that we must fight over it so much. There may be peace now, but how long will this peace last? Or the next peace, or the one after that? It is sort of like what Miss Catalonia, said to me after the first Eve Wars: `History is like an Endless Waltz in three-four times. The Never-Ending steps of War, Peace and Revolution.'”
 
Lady ended her thought and looked over to her desk's inbox, and noticed a peculiar envelope stuck under a stack of her official papers. She did not remember that letter ever being there before, but still went over and open the envelope, which contained a black substance, “Gun powder,” and a piece of metal, “Gundamian,” she spoke out these two items in silenced fright. The gunpowder was an easily obtainable fixture, but the piece of Gundaniam was a near impossible element to find, unless one had access to the federally procured mines.
 
 
 
At the cocking of the weapon, the roaming black figure turned around and shot back at the sound nearly hitting Duo, whose appearance was hidden behind a stairway banister. The assassin shot again, hitting the lone soldier Heero in the shoulder. The force of the gun made Yuy tilt his head back and fall knees first to the marble synthesized floor.
 
“Heero!” yelled Duo Maxwell running down the stairwell with Chang Wufei.
 
The spy took this sign to start running out the front door of the large palace. She was unfazed by the glares of the violet-eyed Duo and his comrade Wufei who was trying to wrap up the bleeding wound of Heero.
 
Heero pushed off the advances of Wufei to sit down and rest, but instead ran after the lone figure in black. The dark creature caught up to Heero's plan and decided to suddenly turn around and kick him square in the jaw, knocking Heero off of the grass and into the mud. A shriek of confusion came out of window leading out of the premed palace.
 
 
 
“Heero!” Relena screamed out the window watching as the woman who tried to kill her in a failed swoop kicked her faithful man. She was able to move about the darkened palace quiet easily even being able to pick up two other Eve War veterans, Trowa and Quatre.
 
They all were looking out the window to see the fight that was at hand. Relena wasted not a second of her precious time to go down the stairs and out the palace to save, in some crazy way, the man that helped her learn to feel. Before Heero she was just a spoiled brat going to a posh school and being able to fly or go anywhere she wanted. But ever since Heero threatened to destroy that pristine life, she learned the value of reality and crusaded to help keep reality and pacifism alive in herself and everyone else around the universe.
 
 
 
Heero was laid upon the ground in the mask of dirt and the redness of cheek. The swooping kick was powerful and unexpected. As she began to run Heero grabbed her ankle knocking her down to the thin layer of grass with the sound of a thud.
 
“Hn,” The mask said back as she sprung up to meet the flinched face of Heero Yuy, soldier. As the began to fight, the spectators, including Quatre, Trowa, Wufei, and Relena, began to notice how similar their body motions were to each other.
 
When she kicked, he kicked; when he punched, she blocked; when she punched, he blocked. The area of the body that was aimed at were similar also, same pressure points, same source of pain. Never before had anyone, including Heero himself had ever met a formidable that matched his own superior fighting skills.
 
`Who are you?' Chang Wufei rhetorically asked himself confused by the motions of their bodies. Everyone that was present there knew that it was futile to interrupt a fight, which involved Heero, even if the target was an easy shot.
 
 
 
“What is taking her so LONG?” A young lady in a long ponytail asked the simple question. She was approximately sixteen years of age, 5'5”, Russian in heritage, blue eyes and long blond hair. The girl, named Rïska Schlovenik, was waiting in a small leer jet for her “ally” to come back from a routine assassination.
 
“Nothing can take her this long, I hate waiting. God damn it! I have better things to do than this. What bullshit.” She knocked over a wastebasket full of paper within her own anger.
 
“Now, now dear,” A soothing voice came over hear earpiece that was hooked up to the communication cable, “We do not want to be too hasty in our conquests now shall we?”
 
“No sir.” She promptly responded, slightly cringing at his posture.
 
“Good child. Now I want you to wait just a few more minutes for her to come. Now if she doesn't come back by the time I ask you if she is back, you will either have the opportunity to leave on your own accord or wait till the second signal. Is that clear Miss Schlovenik?”
 
“Yes, General Krueger, sir.”
 
“That's a good girl. Connection terminated.” The connection line went blank at the end leaving a shaking Russian lass to sit down and relax. A time of reflection on whether her decision to join an evil organization instead of finishing school was a good idea after all.
 
 
 
There the two foes, one in a mask, one covered in shame, stood both hands holding one another's wrists right at the point where the most damage could be afflicted. They were unwavering in their advances, unwavered in their pursuit of the other's defeat.
 
Heero was a soldier; he refused to lose to someone so recognizable to him, but unbeknownst to the spectators.
 
“You've gotten stronger,” Heero spoke in a struggled breath. Under the mask, the woman smiled. For a mere moment at most she lowered her head; Heero took this opportunity to remove off the mask revealing the dark brown looks of the assassin. The brunette spy took this opportunity to snatch the mask back from him to hide part of her face, thus beginning her departure towards the cliff near the Peacecraft abode.
 
 
 
A small girl was standing near a desk looking out of the window at the beautifully lit earth. She was small and stature, had short blonde hair, and seemed to be too young to be wearing the official clothing of ambassadors or diplomats.
 
“Peace Minister J?” Her Secretary asked when she came into the room headset propped inside her ear. The young girl turned around to look at the secretary.
 
“Yes, what is it Ms. Lovejoy?” Peace Minister J answered back with a worried face.
 
“It is a call from earth Miss J. They have said that there was an attack at the Cinq Kingdom main palace just a few hours ago. They say there were a few injuries, but no fatalities.”
 
“Why was the Cinq Kingdom attacked. I just recently talked with Miss Relena Peacecraft a few weeks ago, and she said nothing of any new terrorist groups that may have arisen.” The concern that was laying upon the young girl's face grew.
 
“Well Miss J, it was an assassination attempt on Miss Peacecraft's life. But they are having trouble apprehending the assassin. They say she is very highly trained,” Peace Minister J thought about this statement for a moment, “The message also said that the assassin was most likely a female, by the body shape, and her training was similar to the training that the other Gundam pilots have gotten.”
 
Miss J's eyes grew wide at this last statement, as if, she already felt the tremors of a drum beating behind her. Peace Minister of the Moon Colony Alexia J had just felt the endless waltz beat on once again.
 
 
 
The assassin was at the edge of the cliff, so close to the edge that it was nearly tangible enough to imagine falling off of its steep peak. She was faced off not only by Heero, but also by the other Gundam pilots, the Magnuanc Corps, and the international police that had just arrived. Her back was facing the people who wished to apprehend her. The girl's shoulder length brown hair was floating in the breeze while the mask she was wearing was still trying to cover her face.
 
“Hey why don't you just give up,” Duo held a hand to the side of his mouth to make this announcement. The girl instead threw her mask back to the crowd, which Duo was able to catch.
 
When she turned her head around she revealed glowing Prussian blue eyes and a serious profile.
 
“Maria,” Heero said to himself silently as the girl revealed herself to the crowd. The girl who revealed her face to be that of Heero's own, spread her hands out and did a back flip over the cliff.
 
 
To be continued…
 
 
Okay that was the third chapter. Not to be rude or anything, but anyone who reads this fic PLEASE REVIEW. I am very busy and very unmotivated if nobody gives me any positive feedback. But I love you guys anyway.