Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Waltz ❯ The Stars Created Us ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Warning: I do not own or am I permitted to use any characters that are licensed to Bandai or its affiliates who own the Gundam franchise.
 
Chapter 4
The Stars Created Us
 
Six hours. Six hours since the unmasked girl jumped off the cliff to a probably horrible death. Those moments were a terrifying time for all the guests. For those who were not around they learned of the predicaments on the 7 o'clock morning news.
 
Four hours. Four hours since the bottom of the cliff was searched for the disappearing girl. There results included finding the mask on a branch, yet not finding any other signs of her body. The footprints she left were few and untraceable to a designated location.
 
Two hours. Two hours since the Cinq kingdom was put onto severe terror alert. Even though it was useless to tell whether the nation would once again be attacked by the looming figure of a potentially new foe.
 
Two minutes. The time it took for Miss Relena to figure out that the masked girl was either a clone or relative of her fiancée Heero.
 
 
 
“Heero” Relena said calmly to the back of the perfect soldier that was once Heero Yuy, “Do you…Do you know of…I mean…well.”
 
“Yes.” Heero calmly responded. He was sitting on the steps of the front of the palace complacently. He looked on as many Preventors employees and local policemen questioned the party guests and surveyed the area. His attire was ripped and dusty, he straight bow tie was now loose and the dress shirt was now unbuttoned showing the green undershirt of his former life.
 
“What is her name?”
 
“Maria. Maria Yuy.” Heero silently replied to the surprise of Relena. Her eyes grew silently wide in shock. At this she crept up behind him and put her arms around his muscular back and shoulders.
 
“I hope one day, I can shake her hand.” Relena said with a calm allure as her head was against Heero's shoulder blade. He did not know how she could be so resolute at a time like this, when she was nearly killed by the person she wished to greet.
 
 
 
“How sweet,” Quatre said out loud to the paramedic as he was inspecting the injury afflicted to the wealthy heir. Quatre was commentating at the two lovers, Heero and Relena, when they were on the steps talking to each other.
 
“Yah. They're a pair.” The guy responded in a North American accent. “Wish me and the wife were like that.” Quatre gave a small laugh in return to the succinct comment.
 
“Have any kids?” Quatre responded as his eyes were examined by the slightly chubby man.
 
“Yeah,” He took out his brown wallet and took out a snapshot. “The one on the left is Riley and the other one is Sammy.”
 
“Two boys?”
 
“Yep. Two little assholes.” Quatre looked at the picture intently as the man was packing up his equipment, next to the stretcher Quatre was sitting upon. “I got a question.”
 
“Yes,” Quatre knew he had to now go into bullshit mode. His sister Tessa had taught him this mechanism. Bullshit mode is when the press asks you personal questions and you must answer impersonally. Quatre had used it many times before.
 
“I see you in all these magazine in the supermarket and newsstands and stuff and I was wonderin'.”
 
“Wondering about what” Quatre's heart began to go a bit faster, worried about the impending question many people had about his personal life.
 
“Is it true that you are with that supermodel Caryn Vankush.” Quatre took a deep breath after his statement. He was glad he did not ask him about any of the other outrageous rumors that were floating around.
 
“Oh no. She is just an acquaintance that my sisters are very fond of that is it.” Quatre smiled a crocodile shit eating smile. “Why were you asking.”
 
“Cause you're the first celebrity I ever talked to so I wanted to know if you were boning a hot redhead.”
 
“Nope I am currently single now.”
 
“Well you're young. See you in the papers kid.” He shook Quatre's hand firmly as he walked off to take of other people that were eyewitness to the party fiasco. Quatre remembered the photo they press had gotten of him and Caryn. It was after a mayoral banquet for the new colony manager of L4-X5551, a place where wealthy celebrities like Miss Caryn Vankush and businessmen like Quatre lived. The photo was taken when Quatre was holding her ahdn as she came down the stairs. The headline roared: “IS YOUNG, HANDSOME BACHELOR DATING VOYUERITSITC MODEL. DETAILS INSIDE.”
 
Even though he was kind of angry at the guy for asking such a rude question, Quatre still looked off as the guy walked away, with a smile on his face. What he looked for he really did not know. His thoughts were interrupted by his personal cell phone ring in his pocket. He answered the phone with a smile.
 
“John.”
 
 
 
“David” Hilde with a disturbed complexion picked up her crying son. She was about to call Duo and ask him why he had not called home yet, when little David started crying. “You're just like your father. Always interrupting me when I am about to do something.” David smiled at that.
 
Hilde placed the baby in the playpen near the television in the family room. She still had the television on from when she was attempting to watch a late night talk show. The baby started to play with the little rings that were at the side of the playpen, while Hilde began to heat up some water for tea.
 
“Hello this is Ria Doomsira of Nightly News. We interrupt this program for a special news bulletin.” Hilde turned her head around to look at the screen. “Just about four hours ago a female assassin dressed in all black broke into an exclusive, private party held by Vice Foreign Minister Relena Peacecraft-Darlian in the Cinq Kingdom.” Hilde stopped pouring baby formula into the lukewarm water and sat down on the couch near the television.
 
“The assassin, who's name has not yet been confirmed, broke into the party and threatened the life of the Vice Foreign Minister. After nearly being shot herself she ran around the palace and ultimately dove off of a cliff that is about a quarter of a mile away from the Peacecraft Palace in Cinque Kingdom, where the party was held. Now we go live to the scene where Mike Scully is covering the action.”
 
“Well Ria,” Mike said onscreen, “The situation here has calmed down, but there is still a great amount of intensity in the air as many ask who the lone assassin was.”
 
“What are some of the implications to her identity at this moment, Mike?”
 
“Well, Ria it seemed the only account we could collect from a private source was that: it was a she and they think she is either brunette or has hazel eyes.” Mike said with an unconfident smile.
 
“It that it Mike?” Hilde knew that something was wrong about this report.
 
“Yes…” Just at that moment Mike Scully, the dapper newscaster, was taken away from the scene by a large burly security guard who told him to shut off the camera and get off the premises.
 
Hilde went to the phone; she began to dial a distant number. “Goddamn it Duo. Every time, every time,” Hilde muttered to herself about the various times Duo got into trouble when not on her watch. She listened to the receiver very closely for an answer, an answering machine, anything that would respond.
 
“Hello.”
 
“Duo.” Hilde said in reply, happy to hear a reply. David Maxwell began to fidget with the keys attached to his playpen, while his mother was watching him from the telephone. “Duo are you alright?”
 
“I'm fine.” Duo responded with few breaths, happy to hear the voice of his wife after so long.
 
“WELL GOOD, you don't know how sick and tired I am!!!!” Duo held the phone back at this statement, afraid for his eardrum. Many of the medical workers around him noticed the eruption also and stared for a few moments before turning away embarrassed for the poor lug that was Duo Maxwell.
 
David looked at his mother partially afraid of the outburst and fatigued for still being awake for so long.
 
“Get home as soon as you can,” Hilde thus calmly spoke, the outburst not from fear, but from anger.
 
“Okay, love ya.”
 
“Love you also.” <Click.> End Conversation.
 
 
* Sorry this update is SOOOO Late, I have been extremely busy with other stuff. *