Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Loving You Against My Will ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer - Gundam Wing does not belong to me. Neither does Gary Allen's song, 'Loving You Against My Will'. I'm just using the because I can. So, don't sue.

A/N - Okay everyone. Here's the next chapter. And guess what? We get to see Heero's point of view in here. Wonderful, huh? Okay, on with the story, and I'm going to quit babbling.

Just so you know, approximately two weeks have passed since the events in the last chapter occurred.

Loving You Against My Will

- I don't wanna hear the phone ring -

- Don't wanna hear your voice on the line -

- I don't wanna come to you -

- I don't wanna come to you -

- I don't wanna give in this time -

- Girl, I'm loving you -

- Loving you against my will -

Heero switched off the television as another reporter came on about the assassinations attempt on the Vice Foreign Minister. The stoic Gundam pilot shook his head in aggravation. He knew that the attempts on Relena's life were becoming more frequent, and better planned. They had actually been able to wound her this time, a bullet in the shoulder. His mind was in a whirl. He had left Relena to keep her from becoming a target for things just like this. 'Now, even with half the Preventors force protecting her, she still gets injured. Someone's not doing their job.' he thought. 'Those bastards are supposed to protect her, not let her get hurt! What are they doing?!'

He had been keeping up with the stories since he had left Relena's side years ago. He had watched as she climbed higher and higher into the political scene between the colonies and Earth. Her position as the Vice Foreign Minister took her all over the place, even into the colonies, and he knew that travels to the colonies were a threat to her life. He turned to walk out of the little apartment he had been living in for three years when the vidcam blinked and rang. 'Who the Hell is trying to get a hold of me?' he thought. 'No one knows where I'm at.' He walked over to the vidcam and switched it on.

"Heeeeeerrrrrroooo!!!" cried a brown headed boy. "'Bout time we tracked you down, buddy." Heero grimaced as the voice of the American pilot of the Deathscythe Gundam filled the air. "You're hard as Hell to track down, you know that."

"How'd you find me, Maxwell?" he grumped, sitting down on a chair that was situated in front of the vidcam.

"Good to see you too, buddy." Duo's cheerful voice said. "What you been up to these last few years. Hadn't heard from you in a while."

"What do you want, Maxwell?" he asked again.

"Ahhhh, I'm hurt, Heero." Duo whined. "I finally track you down and I don't even get a hello from you. You wound me to the heart, Heero Yuy."

"I'm going to wound more than your heart if you don't tell me what you want." Heero said blandly.

"Geez, right to the point, aren't you. Glad some things never change." Duo grumbled.

"For the last time, Maxwell, what do you want with me?" Heero asked. The American pilot settled back into the chair he was sitting in and sighed. Heero noticed the Preventors jacket slung across the back of the chair. 'He's at Preventor's Headquarters.' Heero thought. 'What could they want?'

"Actually bud, it's not me that wants you." Duo said with a grin. "I just headed the search to find your stinking butt." Heero groaned and went to the little fridge to get something to drink. He really didn't want to deal with any of the pilots right now. Things were hectic enough as it was.

"What's your point? Who wants me so bad that they're willing to pay you to track me down?" Heero asked, not looking behind him at the screen.

"That would be me, Mr. Yuy." came another voice, this time female. Heero turned around and was face to face with the commander of the Preventor forces, Lady Une. "I was hoping you would consider helping us out on an important mission."

"Not interested." Heero said firmly. "I don't have any ties to the Preventors, you know that."

"I am aware of that Mr. Yuy, however, I have had a special request to find out if you would be willing to head the Security Department that concerns itself with the Vice Foreign Minister."

"Relena?" he asked. "She wants me to come back?" His mind was in a whirl. Thoughts of Relena had been plaguing him for days now, and it seemed that they had all led up to this moment. If Relena was willing to have him around, he might be able to help her in the process.

"No, her brother, Milliardo Peacecraft, has asked us to find you and inquire as to whether you would like to head the department for a while."

"Zechs wants me to head the department that looks after his little sister?" Heero asked, not quite believing it. "Why?"

"Because you're the best at protecting her, Yuy." came another voice from the vidcam. Heero watched as the elder Peacecraft came into focus on the screen. The Gundam pilot eyed the other man for a minute, saying nothing and not letting his face betray his mood.

"She doesn't want anything to do with me." Heero said firmly. "She'd kill me herself if she found out I was heading the Security Department." Zechs stifled a grin. The relationship between the Wing Zero pilot and the Vice Foreign Minister ….to say the least. Anyone that had been around Relena knew that she was head over heals in love with the Japanese pilot, always had been. But Heero, being the ass that he was, refused to admit the fact.

"She won't know, Yuy." Zechs answered.

"I won't do it." Heero answered firmly. "I'm not getting tied up in the Preventors."

"Look, Yuy," the other man said, narrowing his eyes and trying to keep his temper in check. "My sister is in danger. The last attempt on her life was nearly fatal. She refuses to give up working, and I don't know of any other person who could protect her better than you. I've already got the best Preventors around her twenty four hours a day, and look what happens. I'm sure you've seen the reports from where ever the devil you are."

"So it's you that wants me to come back, not Relena." Heero said. For some reason that fact seemed to hurt his pride more than anything.

"Relena needs protection, Yuy." Zechs said. "She won't even cancel her dates with that politician James Dowdry."

"What's so important about those?" he asked.

"They're not related to politics." he said. "She's an easy target when she goes out with the guy, and I don't like it. He pitches a fit whenever the Preventors go with her, and she always manages to ditch them somewhere along the way." Heero hid the smile that came to mind with Relena ditching the Preventors. The only thing he didn't like was the thought of her being with some other guy.

"Hypothetically speaking, if I were to accept this position, what would I do?" the pilot asked.

"You would plan out and supervise all the security measures taken before, during, and after Relena makes any type of public appearance. You won't necessarily have to be there, but you will be responsible for choosing the teams that are around her. You'll also be re-training some of the recruits."

"And how long does this 'position' last?" he asked.

"Until the threats die down." Zechs replied. "Or until I deem that Relena is safe again." Milliardo Peacecraft watched the younger pilot, hoping to find out his intentions. The elder Peacecraft knew that Heero was the best that there was when it came to security measures, he had already proven it. The only problem was getting him to agree to the circumstances. It was obvious that Heero's feelings for Relena had never went away. But like the rest of the Gundam pilots, Heero had been trained to disregard all emotions. "So what's it going to be, Yuy?" the Lightning Count questioned. "Are you willing to take the position, or should I try to find someone else?"

"I need to think about this." Heero said flatly. "You'll have your answer soon."

"How soon?"

"By this afternoon at the latest."

"Fine." And with that, Zech left the screen and Lady Une came back on.

"Will we be able to reach you where you're at now to find out if you are taking the position?"

"I'll get in touch with you." Heero said flatly.

"Very well then." the commander said. "I'll expect your answer no later than nineteen hundred hours this evening. Good day, Mr. Yuy." Heero watched as the woman's face left the screen. He heard the soft 'click' as a door the door shut behind her. The next second, Duo's face was on the screen.

"So, buddy, you coming back? Or did I do all that excellent tracking work for nothing?"

"You'll have your answer this evening, Maxwell." Heero said grumpily.

"Sure thing bud, but I'm gonna tell ya' something." Duo said, lowering his voice. "If you do take the job, you need to get here quick."

"Why?"

"Relena's got a date planned with that crazy politician from one of the colonies, James Dowdry, in a few days. And she won't cancel it to save her life. Dowdry has a fit when the Preventors go with her, and the last time she gave them the slip, she almost got shot by some of the rebels."

"Dowdry didn't get her somewhere safe?" he asked.

"We found Dowdry hiding in an alleyway about a quarter of a mile down the road from where Relena was." Duo said. "He was too scared to do anything." Heero seemed to frown at that statement, but no one could really tell. Duo shrugged his shoulders in defeat.

"I've got to go, ol' buddy." he said. "My shift for watching over Relena is coming up. How can I get in touch with you later on today?" Heero looked at the boy and shook his head.

"You won't have to." and with that, the screen went blank.

Duo grinned and shut down the laptop.

"Better get those recruits ready, because Heero's coming back!!" he yelled happily.

"How can you be so sure of that?" came a calm voice from the corner of the room. Duo looked over and saw the silent form of Wufei Chang, another Preventor.

"Anytime Relena's in trouble, he comes a running." Duo said. "He says he needs time to think it over, but if I know that man, he's already packing his stuff and making arrangements to get here."

"You're awful sure of him." Wufei said. "Are you sure he would come all this way just because of that woman?"

"You went all the way to L4 to get Sally, so you got no room to talk, buddy." Duo countered. The Chinese man huffed and looked away, choosing to ignore that comment. "Well, Wufei, let's get going. We got twenty minutes until our shift starts." The two Preventors left to go take their shifts as Relena's guards for the next twelve hours.

Later that evening

Even though he knew he was going against his better judgment in getting tied up with the Preventors, Heero got onto the shuttle that would take him back to Earth. He had just sent a message to Une, telling her that he accepted the position and that he was in flight as she read it. He settled into the seat and suddenly wondered exactly why he was doing this.

'This is crazy! I said when I left that I'd washed my hands with Preventors and Peacecrafts alike.' he thought. 'I didn't want to give in and go back to Earth, but Relena's in danger. If anything happens to her, the peace we worked so hard to establish is going to disintegrate into nothing. Nothing can happen to her. She's too important to the people of the Earth Sphere and the Colonies for anything to happen to her…'

"And I won't let anything happen to her." he mumbled as he looked out the windows into the depths of space. "I won't let anything happen to her."

A/N - Okay everyone, how'd that little chappy go? I hope it's alright. Like I said before, I'm testing new grounds with this fic. It's my first Gundam fic, so it's probably a little shaky. Oh well, just leave me a review telling me what you think. Later. A.A.