Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Time, Fault and Out ❯ Chapter 29 ( Chapter 29 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G'boys, I just borrow them from time to time to play with and return them a whole lot happier, ne? Written for pleasure not profit.
 
Rating: NC 17
 
Pairings: 1x2x1, 3x4
 
Warnings: AU, OOC, Lemon, Yaoi, Angst, Fluff, Sap, Vet themes.
 
Summary: Set 2 years after Equinity. Heero is now riding for the Kushrenada stable as well as attempting to qualify Zero for the Nations Cup team and ultimately his dream of riding at the Olympic games. But life is never an easy ride.
 
Notes: All the information on showjumping, horses, etc is taken from my own knowledge of the sport having been a competitor and now judge for many years and is written from an Australian perspective. The rules and regulations are courtesy of the E.F.A Handbook. (Equestrian Federation of Australia) Should you have any questions just e-mail me.
 
Fic 2 in the "Equine Intervention" Arc.
 
Dedication: To Klingonpoodle who gave me the plot bunny for the first fic and has since supplied my muse with its own plot bunny farm, and to 'Teddy Bear' my own courageous little showjumper whom Zero is based upon.
 
 
"Time, Fault and Out"
 
November. 2005 ShenLong
 
Chapter 29
 
Things were pretty hectic for Duo over the next few days, despite Catherine, Hilde, Trowa and Quatre all doing as much as they could to ease the burden. Catherine took over the complete running of the reception area of the practice, fielding calls regarding Heero's accident and passing on the good wishes. Hilde did double consults wherever possible while Trowa and Quatre came over every afternoon and brought the horses in, fed them and rugged them up for the night.
 
Heero's head was cat scanned again each day and the doctor was pleased that the small amount of bleeding had stopped, the bruising also had begun to recede and there was no sign of swelling. Heero was relieved about that, not just from the results but it also meant he didn't have to wear those horrible paper hospital gowns and underpants anymore. When he'd confided in Duo about having to wear them Duo had laughed himself silly just at the thought of Heero in paper underwear. Heero hadn't thought it funny at all; they chafed, and that sent Duo into another fit of laughter. The cast had been checked, the arm x-rayed again and the injury healing as well as the doctors could have hoped for. Heero was tired of the hospital and wanted to go home. Sister Clarke had visited him each time she'd been on duty in the emergency department, even if it was for only a few minutes. Duo came every day, arriving mid morning and staying until early evening when the nurses usually kicked him out.
 
After five days in the hospital the doctor was pleased enough with Heero's progress to send him home. Heero was ecstatic and had 'phoned Duo right away, the vet wasting no time in heading straight to the hospital to pick his lover up. They had bid the nursing staff farewell and thanked them for all their hard work looking after Heero. The nurses had been sad to see the pair go, they'd quite enjoyed having the dark rider and his cheerful boyfriend around. Doctor Phelps had met with them again and handed over the remainder of Heero's medication; painkillers should he need them and the rest of the course of antibiotics. An appointment had been made for three weeks time for Heero to come into the out patients section and have the cast and the wound inside checked. Meanwhile if they had any concerns they could either come back to the hospital or see Heero's GP.
 
Stopping off in the emergency department, they spent a few moments with Sister Clarke, thanking her for all her help when Heero had first been brought in. Duo also thanked her again for her help with Relena. Duo hadn't told Heero about his argument with the woman and had asked Treize, Zechs and Sister Clarke not to mention it either. Duo thought it best if Heero didn't know, it would only worry and upset Heero and he had enough to worry about as it was. Duo knew that Relena had tried to get information on Heero while he was in the hospital, even going so far as to contact the hospital administrator. It hadn't worked though, much to Duo's relief. Sister Clarke had told him about it when he was visiting one day, the administrator having contacted her in regards to the wishes of the patient and making sure he had all his facts before letting Relena know she wasn't permitted to visit.
 
Duo would have loved to have been a fly on the wall at the Peacecraft Manor when that news had come through.
 
Heero hadn't asked about the woman either.
 
Now Heero was back home again and on the road to recovery. The first thing he'd done when he arrived home was to head straight out to the paddock to see his beloved horse. Zero had come cantering over to the fence the moment he'd heard his master's voice and immediately began to snuffle over Heero's form, searching for carrots. He'd sniffed the cast on his master's arm and sensed there was something wrong with his master. He didn't know what was ailing the human he trusted but he instinctively knew he had to be gentle. He'd been very polite in asking for carrots. Heero had rubbed the gray face, stroked the horse's ears and made a big fuss of the stallion.
 
After assuring himself that Zero was well, Heero stopped by Scythe and then Shinigami. Scythe was her usual calm self, gently nudging Heero and wuffling through her nostrils in delight at seeing him again. Shini was cautious, the unusual, clinical smell that came from the human upsetting him a little, not to mention the strange white thing on the human's arm.
 
Once Heero had satisfied himself that all was well with the equines, he allowed Duo to take him to the house where he was immediately fussed over by both Hilde and Catherine. Morning consults had finished and the pair had come down to the house to set up a surprise welcome home for Heero. Duo also got the shock of his life when he walked into his normally tidy kitchen to find it festooned with streamers, balloons and a large banner with 'Welcome home, Heero' written on it. As soon as Duo had left to fetch Heero, the girls had called Trowa and set to work. Quatre couldn't make it as his work schedule didn't permit him to.
 
They all sat around talking, catching up on things and filling Heero in on what had been going on while he'd been in hospital. Duo had also warned Hilde and Catherine not to say anything regarding his argument with Relena and they had agreed, albeit reluctantly on Hilde's part. Time passed quickly and soon Hilde and Catherine left to return to the surgery for evening consults, Trowa also left after Duo assured him he would be able to see to the horses from now on. Heero thanked the tall man for all his help while he'd been out of commission, Trowa just shrugged it off, reminding Heero that that's what friends did for each other.
 
Treize called as did Zechs and Heero spent some time on the 'phone to them both. Treize arranged the most suitable days and times to come over and jump Zero, Zechs had promised to stop by and catch up with Heero's progress as soon as he could get time off from work.
 
Even with his arm in a cast, Heero was still able to do some things around the stables. Duo had been cautious and reluctant to let Heero do anything at first, but when he'd seen the determination in his lover's eyes as well as the fear of helplessness, Duo had held his tongue and allowed Heero to do as he wished, keeping a close eye on the man though to make sure he didn't push himself too much.
 
Being unable to ride or do a great deal with the horses, Heero took to spending more time with Catherine in the reception area, bringing the books up to date and generally filing all the information from the surgery; client details, drug stocks, surgery bookings and all the other numerous things that had to be kept track of onto Nrobbuts' data base. He also burned all the information to disc so if the system crashed they had a back up.
 
Relena tried to call the surgery a few times, asking to speak with Heero. Catherine had politely refused to put the woman through to Heero, stating that she couldn't tie up the practice phone line for simple chit chat. She said she would be happy to pass on any messages though. When Relena had requested the number of the residence, Catherine refused point blank to give it. She told the woman it was a silent number for privacy reasons and she couldn't give it out to anyone under any circumstances. If she wished to gain that number Relena would have to speak with Doctor Maxwell himself as he decided who had his private number and who didn't.
 
Relena had hung up.
 
Duo hadn't been impressed to know that Relena had been calling the practice but thanked Catherine for her dealing with the woman. Once Heero found out he refused to answer the phone at all just in case it was Relena. He had no wish to speak to the woman and was still coming to terms with the fact that she was the cause of his injuries and the death of a good horse. Relena showing no acceptance for her actions cut Heero deeper, not for himself but for Treize and Taurus. Heero simply couldn't understand how she could be so blind as to not see that she was the reason they were in this situation.
 
 
The daily routine took on a few minor adjustments but Duo and Heero adapted well. Hilde did all the morning consults, Duo took over the evening ones; any surgery they had booked, they shared. During the morning Duo would put the horses out and feed them, Heero joining him and helping out with the stable work. After breakfast they would potter around the house, catching up on the domestic chores before going out to the paddock where Duo would work Zero for an hour or so under Heero's watchful eye.
 
At first the stallion had been a little uncooperative, he'd enjoyed a week's holiday and he didn't want to come back into work. Zero knew his usual master wasn't riding him and so tried a few little tricks to get out of working. Duo was by no means as skilled at riding as Heero was, but he could walk, trot and canter okay. Zero knew the nice human wasn't as experienced and while he didn't do anything to harm Duo, he made the vet work really hard to get him to do anything at all.
 
"Use your legs, Duo. He's not listening to you at all," Heero called out.
 
"I am using them," Duo called back. He felt as if his legs were going to drop off he'd been pushing the gray so hard.
 
Heero sighed. "He's taking advantage of you, watch him, he's going to try and cut his circle. More inside leg, push him back out." Heero shook his head as Zero cut the circle. Heero knew that Duo could ride the gray but his inexperience was what the problem was. Duo was applying his leg, doing as Heero instructed but he was just that fraction too late with his aids and Zero knew it. That was the main difference between Heero and Duo in their riding. Duo was still learning, Heero could anticipate and put the aids into effect and prevent Zero from evading the work.
 
"Bring him down to walk and come in here," said Heero.
 
Duo sat down in his saddle and closed his fingers on the reins, Zero immediately dropping to the walk. He turned the stallion and rode to where Heero was standing. "I am trying, Heero," Duo said. "He's just that bit quicker than me though."
 
"I know, Duo. He knows you're not experienced and he's taking advantage of that. It's not easy but you have to try and anticipate what he's going to do and put the aids into effect before he can do it. At the moment he starts to evade and you're not quick enough to correct him. It isn't your fault, it's something that comes with time and practice. Just try to be aware of where he's likely to try and shirk off and beat him to it."
 
Duo collected up the reins again and put Zero back out onto the circle. Pushing the horse into a trot, Duo tried his best to get the animal collected up and using his hindquarters. It wasn't easy and Duo was beginning to get frustrated. He knew Zero was playing him up and he didn't like it. Duo was normally a very laid back rider, gentle with his aids and very rarely used a whip. In fact he never carried one when riding as a rule but Heero had made him carry one this time. Once more Zero tried to cut his circle and Duo was a fraction too late with his inside leg; when he did apply it, Zero ignored it.
 
"If he's not going to listen when you push with your leg, Duo, give him a kick."
 
Duo tried again, pushing his inside leg against Zero's side only to have the gray ignore him. He did what Heero said and gave Zero a sharp kick. Feeling the kick against his side, Zero grunted and tossed his head.
 
"That's it!" muttered Duo. "Ignore me again, Zero, and I'll really give it to you." Heero was shouting to him to push Zero out, the horse still ignoring Duo's aids. Duo tried another, harder kick, Zero still ignored him and Duo snapped.
 
 
The whip came down smartly against Zero's side in exactly the same place Duo had been using his leg [1]. The response was electric. Zero immediately moved away from the whip and back out onto the circle, his hocks came underneath him and he lowered his head, beginning to work properly.
 
Heero watched in amusement. He'd wondered how long it would be before Duo gave the horse a smack with the whip and put an end to this nonsense.
 
Duo grinned to himself. He continued on the circle waiting for Zero to try cutting in again. The gray started to sidle towards the inside of the circle, Duo put the leg on then backed it with the whip again. This time Zero almost ran back out onto the circle. As they came around for the third time Zero didn't try anything. Seemed he'd learnt his lesson.
 
"Much better, Duo," encouraged Heero. "You need to let him know you're the boss and that he has to listen to you."
 
Duo smiled, his confidence increasing and he continued to work the stallion for another half hour before deeming the gray to have had enough.
 
Treize came over the following day to put Zero over the jumps for the first time. Duo fetched the horse in and saddled him up while Heero explained how the gray liked to be ridden. Each horse was different and had its own quirks. Zero liked to know his rider was there but responded best to a light contact with his mouth, soft leg aids and a firm seat. With Zero saddled and ready, Duo led him out and down to the jumping paddock for Treize to mount.
 
Treize took up the reins and mounted with ease, swinging his leg over and settling gently into the saddle. He adjusted his stirrups then took up contact with the horse's mouth and applied the legs. Zero walked off with an easy stride. Duo stood beside Heero and watched as the taller man rode around, getting the feel for the horse as Zero was similarly checking out the new rider's capabilities. Heero had warned Treize that Zero would probably try to pull the wool over his eyes and get away with not working properly so when Treize asked the horse to trot and collect up he wasn't surprised to feel the horse lurch into an unbalanced trot and ignore his aids.
 
Duo smiled in amusement as he watched. He felt a little better knowing it wasn't just him that Zero tried to play up with. To see Treize having similar problems cheered him up. "He's a crafty bugger," Duo said softly.
 
"Yeah, he'll try and get away with whatever he can to avoid working. He's too smart for his own good sometimes," replied Heero as he watched the gray 'testing' out the new rider.
 
Treize let the horse meander along for a few minutes and then asked him to bring his hindquarters underneath. Zero acted as if he didn't have a clue what his rider was asking for.
 
"Okay, boy. Have it your way," muttered Treize and then sat down deep in his saddle. Treize used his seat and legs to drive Zero together, Zero tried to evade by dropping his shoulder and veering to the left. Treize had anticipated this and had his legs ready, pushing the horse forward once more. Zero grunted and tried to cut in; again Treize's leg was there to prevent him from doing so. When Treize pushed him on again, Zero tried giving short, choppy strides. Treize gave the gray a sharp smack with the whip and immediately followed through by driving Zero forwards with his seat.
 
Zero knew it was time to give up. This rider obviously knew what he was doing.
 
"Good boy. That's much better," praised Treize and patted the gray neck. Zero rounded up, softened his back and began to work properly.
 
After working the horse for half an hour on the flat Treize felt he was confident enough with the horse to jump him. He brought Zero to a walk and approached Heero and Duo who had been watching from underneath the tree. "You weren't kidding when you said he would try me out," said Treize.
 
"He's a crafty sod at times. He's just lazy and will try to get out of working properly if he can. Poor Duo had one hell of a time with him the other day, Zero refused to listen to Duo at all," Heero said with a chuckle.
 
"He listens now though," stated Duo. "After I gave him a crack with the whip."
 
"Sometimes you have to give them a sharp smack. It doesn't hurt them but helps to re-establish your position as boss," Treize said with a smile. He turned his attention back to Heero. "I'll pop him over some fences now if you like."
 
"That would be good." Heero went on to explain the course layout to Treize. Treize nodded and followed the course of jumps with an experienced eye.
 
"Fine. Let's see what happens." Treize collected his reins and rode Zero off in the direction of the jumps. He pushed the horse into a canter, sat down in his saddle and collected the gray together before turning him towards the first jump.
 
Zero eyed up the jump, a simple brush fence and pricked his ears. He felt his rider's weight shift slightly in the saddle, legs applied to his sides and Zero lengthened his stride a touch. The fence came closer, Treize kept a light contact with the gray's mouth and then rode the horse together for the last three strides. Zero lengthened out, brought his hocks underneath him and sprang into the air. He cleared the jump easily, landing safely and looking eagerly for the next fence.
 
Duo gave a low whistle as he watched the pair going around the course. He could easily see why Treize was a silver medalist, the man seemed to blend with his horse and had a natural sense of timing. Despite all that though, Duo still thought the stallion jumped better for Heero.
 
"He's doing well," Heero commented.
 
"Yeah, he is." Duo turned his attention away from the horse and rider for a moment to focus on his lover. If Duo wasn't mistaken he could pick up a sense of - jealousy? Envy? It dawned on Duo then just what Heero must be going through, having to watch someone else jumping his beloved horse. "He goes better with you though."
 
Heero looked surprised and faced his partner. "He does? How?"
 
Duo knew he was on shaky ground. He had to let Heero know he was sincere in his comment and not just saying it to make Heero feel better. He chose his words carefully. "He seems to be more relaxed when you're on him, sort of flows better around the course. I know he's traveling well for Treize, but with you it's kinda like the two of you are one, he knows what it is you want before you can ask and you know how much he's able to give and don't ask for more. It's a great combination and partnership to watch."
 
The blush on Heero's cheeks told Duo he'd said the right thing.
 
"Thank you."
 
Duo smiled and took Heero's hand in his own. They watched as Treize continued around the course of jumps. Once the round was finished, Treize brought the gray back to where Heero and Duo were standing to get Heero's input on their performance and add his own thoughts. While the two riders discussed Zero's performance, Duo petted the horse and fed him a carrot. Heero thought Zero could do with another round, a little higher this time. Treize agreed as he felt the horse wasn't putting in as much as he could and the higher fences would see the horse having to concentrate more.
 
Duo gave Heero a hand to raise the jumps he wanted raising and increase the distance on a couple of the spreads. Once the course had been altered, Treize rode Zero around and then attempted to jump again. The three were so absorbed in watching or riding that they didn't hear the approaching footsteps until the person was beside them. Duo nearly jumped out of his skin when a low voice said, "Hello.”
 
Duo and Heero both spun around at the sound of the voice and were met with amused, blue eyes.
 
"Shit, Zechs! Gimme a heart attack, why don't you?!" Duo said and shook his head.
 
"Sorry. I thought you would have heard me walking up." Zechs gave a smile. "How are you, Heero?"
 
"I'm doing a lot better, thanks for asking," Heero replied.
 
Zechs smiled at the pair and then his eyes shifted to rest upon the form of Treize astride the big gray. Duo noted with some amusement that Zechs' eyes softened a little when he looked at Treize. Idly he wondered what was going on between the pair and made a note to question Zechs about it as soon as he had the chance. Heero also noticed something between the pair, Treize relaxed a little more with Zechs around. Heero's mind did a Duo; wondering what was going on between the two. Treize had told Heero he was bisexual, Heero had kept that information to himself and really hadn't thought much about it; until now. His eyes narrowed a little as his brain kicked into gear. Was it possible that Treize and Zechs were seeing each other? Heero glanced at Duo and noted with satisfaction that his lover also appeared to be intrigued with the pair. Interesting.
 
Treize took the stallion over the jumps again, pleased with the gray as the animal listened to his aids and cleared all the fences with an effortless style. Treize had ridden a lot of horses over the years and some of those would stay in his memory as being exceptional animals. Zero was one such horse. Once the stallion had accepted Treize as a rider, Treize found him to be willing and eager, the lightest touch of rein or leg guiding the horse. He also had a tremendous jump on him and Treize knew Heero had a really good animal in his possession. Pulling up after the last fence, Treize patted the gray neck and praised the stallion verbally as well.
 
Zero knew he'd been good and tossed his head. He jogged a little as he headed back towards the other humans, and one human in particular; he wanted his reward of carrots.
 
A smile lit up Treize's face when he spotted Zechs standing with Heero and Duo, a warmth stole over him and he felt his pulse quicken a touch as memories of their date, the one they'd arranged when heading to the hospital to be with Duo and Heero after Heero's accident, returned.
 
~ Flashback ~
 
Zechs had arrived promptly at six thirty, dressed to kill in a light blue button down shirt, black slacks and black jacket. Treize had done his best not to drool at the sight. Treize had chosen to wear a charcoal shirt, matching slacks and black jacket. The appreciative look Zechs had given him hadn't gone unnoticed.
 
"I wasn't sure what to wear since you haven't told me where we're going," Treize said.
 
"You look great," replied Zechs. "Do you like Italian food?"
 
"Yes."
 
"Good. I've taken the liberty of booking us a table at a quaint little Italian restaurant I spotted the other day when driving to a case. It's in the next county. I thought we could catch a movie afterwards if you like."
 
"Sounds great. What would you like to see?" replied Treize as they walked out to Zechs' car.
 
"There's a new movie out that's supposed to be good called 'Brokeback Mountain'," said Zechs as he opened the car door for Treize [2].
 
"Is that the one with the cowboys that share more than herding sheep?" Treize answered with an amused smile on his lips.
 
Zechs grinned nervously. "Yeah, it is. A couple of my friends have seen it and they recommended it. The scenery is supposed to be breathtaking and the acting is great."
 
"Then I've no objections to seeing it," returned Treize as he buckled up his seat belt.
 
Zechs gave a laugh and did up his own seat belt before starting the car and driving off.
 
The restaurant was cozy with Italian music playing softly in the background. The waiter led them to a table at the rear and gave them menus. Treize decided to try the cannelloni while Zechs opted for the spaghetti bolognaise. Garlic bread appeared along with two glasses of red wine. The conversation flowed nicely as each man relaxed and became more comfortable with the other. Treize learned that Zechs had qualified as a veterinary surgeon but rather than go into a practice, he'd decided to sign up with a company that provided temporary staff to other companies when they needed relief workers. He'd been a locum for a few years, working in different areas for different practices as the need arose. He'd thoroughly enjoyed the work too and gained valuable experience in all areas of veterinary medicine.
 
Had he simply opted to go into a practice some of his skills would have been lost, not through any fault of his own or whatever practice he chose to work at. It was a fact of life. Some practices dealt only with small animals, others with the larger ones, but by being a locum he got to see all sorts of work. He'd done some locum work for the Oakford Equine Hospital and found he really enjoyed working with horses. When the practice had begun to expand, they offered him a permanent position. Zechs was thinking about settling down, giving away the locum work and getting a permanent job in a practice when the offer had come up. After a little thought and negotiation, he'd agreed and joined the practice.
 
He'd not regretted his decision.
 
Over coffee Treize gave out a little information on himself. He'd started riding as soon as he could walk and joined the local Pony Club when he was eight. From there he'd learned to ride and jump, his first pony had been a handful and Treize had found himself on the ground more times than on the pony's back, but he persevered. His skills improved and he soon graduated to a larger pony. By the time he was twelve he was competing in the Pony Club state teams. He didn't care much for school and would have rather been riding, but he stuck it out and thanked his father's continuous badgering for having a decent education. He wasn't dumb by any means, in fact he was quite intelligent, he just saw school as a waste of riding time.
 
Luckily he'd stayed and managed to pass all his exams. Now he found that basic maths was very handy to riding and negotiating courses. As his experience grew, so did his horses. People began offering him horses to ride and jump, gradually he worked his way up through the ranks, saving his prize money until he could afford to buy top animals of his own. It was an interesting business. He charged others to ride their horses and jump them for them, kept a share of the winnings and then ploughed that money back into the stable.
 
Soon he had a thriving business that kept him fed and clothed, it was also something he loved doing.
 
He'd been short listed for the Olympic team and eventually went on to compete and win a silver medal for his country two years ago. The horse he'd competed on, Zodiac, belonged to a friend and immediately went to stud after the games. With his new found fame, Treize discovered a whole new world. People suddenly wanted to send horses to him to be educated, to be ridden and shown and then he got his biggest break. Relena Peacecraft offered him a proposition he couldn't refuse.
 
And the rest as they say is history.
 
With their meal finished, they left the restaurant and headed for the cinema. They made it with ten minutes to spare, grabbed a bucket of popcorn and found themselves a quiet spot towards the back of the theater to watch the movie. Both men thoroughly enjoyed the show and found the basis of it to ring a few familiar bells. It would seem that society hadn't changed all that much in its views of homosexual relationships over the years.
 
Zechs had managed to resist temptation during dinner, but now in the darkened theater he gave in to his desires and draped his arm around the back of the chair and across Treize's shoulders. He'd been pleased when the other man had leaned into him and rested his head against Zechs' shoulder. They'd watched a bit more of the movie like that before Treize let his hand drift down and rest on Zechs' thigh causing shivers of delight to course through Zechs.
 
As the movie progressed so they gravitated closer to each other until Zechs couldn't contain himself any longer and reached for Treize. He cupped the other man's cheek in his hand and tilted his head so he could gaze into the blue of Treize's eyes.
 
"God, you're gorgeous," murmured Zechs as he studied the handsome features.
 
Treize blushed in embarrassment and pleasure.
 
Slowly, Zechs brought his face closer until their lips met in a tender kiss. It was sweet and brief, leaving both of them craving more. Treize licked his lips, savoring the tingles from the all too brief touch and then decided to go for broke. He leaned back in and took Zechs' lips in a more passionate kiss.
 
They continued to watch the movie, exchanging kisses from time to time, both getting more and more comfortable with each other. When the movie finished they were reluctant to break apart and leave. Arriving back at Treize's home, Zechs had been invited in for a coffee. They sat together on the couch discussing different things and gradually moving closer to each other.
 
"Did you enjoy yourself?" Zechs asked as he took the empty coffee cup from Treize's hand and set it on the table next to his own and then moved closer.
 
"I had a lovely evening," replied Treize. "Good food, a good movie and lovely company."
 
Zechs carefully wrapped his arms around Treize and drew his close. Lips sought out lips and connected in a passionate kiss. The kisses become more heated and deeper as their excitement rose. Zechs could feel himself getting hard and as much as he would have loved to bed the man he was with, he intended to take things slow. Idly, Zechs' lips traced butterfly kisses over Treize's jaw and throat, his hands rubbed against Treize's back in a soothing motion.
 
Treize was getting turned on, he'd not been with anyone in a while and Zechs was simply the most stunning creature he'd been with in a long time. He leaned his head back to allow better access to his throat, encouraging Zechs to continue.
 
Hands began to roam, brushing over chests and seeking out nipples. Gradually they grew bolder, hands descended to pants and cocks were fondled through the fabric of each man's slacks. Treize moaned. "Please."
 
"What do you want?" Zechs asked as he palmed the hardness between Treize's legs.
 
"Please. I need to come. Touch me."
 
With a soft chuckle, Zechs unzipped Treize and slipped his hand inside. He found Treize's cock and drew the glistening organ out. He curled his fingers around the turgid shaft and began to stroke.
 
Pure pleasure coursed through Treize as Zechs stimulated his aching cock, the strokes sure and firm, teasing him to further hardness and promising relief. Treize's hips began to thrust, pushing himself into Zechs' hand and the ever increasing pleasure.
 
Zechs had never seen a more gorgeous sight than Treize in the throes of pleasure. His hand sped up, encouraged by the moans and whimpers coming from the other man and knowing he was the one to cause them made his own cock ache with need. Still stroking Treize, Zechs reached to his own pants and lowered the zipper, pulling his throbbing shaft free and beginning to stroke it as well. His hand though was stilled a moment later and replaced with Treize's.
 
"Let me," Treize said in a husky tone and began to stroke Zechs' length.
 
They sprawled against each other on the couch, hands pumping in tandem, soft moans and groans coming from their respective throats as their orgasms drew ever closer. Treize was the first to lose it. He gave a sharp cry and stiffened as his seed began to pulse from the slit and coat Zechs' hand. Moments later, Zechs joined him in ecstasy as his own release flooded from his tip and splashed against Treize's hand.
 
As their climax began to recede and breathing returned to normal, Treize opened his eyes and released Zechs' cock. "That was amazing," he murmured.
 
"I agree," huffed Zechs. "Thank you."
 
"It was my pleasure," returned Treize and reached in for a kiss. They shared a few more kisses before Treize fetched a wash cloth and they cleaned themselves up. Not long after that Zechs had taken his leave with the promise to call the next day and arrange another date.
 
~ End Flashback ~
 
"Hello, Treize," Zechs said in his deep voice as the rider brought the gray to a halt beside the group.
 
"Good to see you again, Zechs," replied Treize. He turned his attention briefly to Heero. "I think that should do him for today."
 
"Hai, I agree. We can take him back up and unsaddle."
 
Treize dismounted, Duo took the reins and began to lead Zero back towards the stable block. Thinking that they had a moment to themselves, Zechs gave Treize a quick peck on the lips. Duo caught it out the corner of his eye and smiled to himself. It would appear he'd been correct in his assumption that the pair were a couple.
 
With Zero unsaddled and turned back out into the paddock, the four went up to the house to share a coffee and compare notes on the gray and his jumping. Duo was also eager to find out exactly when the pair had become a couple but thought he'd better wait until after the more serious discussion was out the way.
 
Waiting for the kettle to boil, Duo set the mugs out while everyone sat around the kitchen table. Duo spotted the mail on the side bench and went to pick it up. Catherine must have brought it down from the surgery while they were busy in the paddock with Zero. Duo flipped through the pile and found one addressed to Heero. It looked pretty official.
 
"Hey, Heero. Mail for you," Duo said and passed over the envelope. "Looks official," he added.
 
"Thanks." Heero took the letter and opened it, withdrawing the letter from inside and opening it out to read. Beside him Zechs and Treize continued their conversation, their voices low. Heero read the letter from start to finish, then read it again, a slow smile spreading over his face as he did a quick calculation in his head.
 
"Good news?" Treize asked as he noticed the look on Heero's face.
 
"I'll say."
 
Three faces turned in Heero's direction.
 
"It's from the Showjumping Board. The camp is to be held in the Fenwick County, nine weeks from now. That means I will still be able to attend. This cast should be off in seven to eight weeks so I should be okay to ride and try out for the team."
 
"That's great news!" Treize said knowing he would probably have a similar letter awaiting him when he got home.
 
"About time you had some good news for a change," Zechs stated with a smile. "Congratulations."
 
Heero turned to Duo, the only one who hadn't said anything and he frowned. Duo was reading his own mail, a look of disbelief and then fury spreading over his handsome features.
 
"Duo?" Heero questioned. "What's wrong?"
 
"That fucking bitch! This has to be her fault."
 
"Duo? What's going on?" Heero asked. Treize and Zechs sat in silence, not knowing what to think or say.
 
"This!" Duo snarled and waved the letter in his hand around.
 
"Who's it from?" Heero asked.
 
"The Australian Veterinary Board. I'm under investigation for the possibility of misuse of drugs."
 
~ * ~
 
tbc...
 
 
 
[1] The whip is what's known as an artificial aid, the natural ones being hands, seat, legs and voice. When using the whip to re-enforce a leg aid it should always be used in the same place as the leg is applied.
 
[2] Brokeback Mountain: I'm pretty sure that most of you out there would have heard/seen the movie. For those who haven't, you don't know what you've missed. It's a love story between two gay cowboys and how society deals with such relationships. Heath Ledger is simply droolworthy in it as is Jake Gyllenhaal. On a side note, Heath is from here in Perth, West Aussie.