Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Time, Fault and Out ❯ Chapter 31 ( Chapter 31 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G'boys, I just borrow them from time to time to play with and return them a whole lot happier, ne? Written for pleasure not profit.
 
Rating: NC 17
 
Pairings: 1x2x1, 3x4
 
Warnings: AU, OOC, Lemon, Yaoi, Angst, Fluff, Sap, Vet themes.
 
Summary: Set 2 years after Equinity. Heero is now riding for the Kushrenada stable as well as attempting to qualify Zero for the Nations Cup team and ultimately his dream of riding at the Olympic games. But life is never an easy ride.
 
Notes: All the information on showjumping, horses, etc is taken from my own knowledge of the sport having been a competitor and now judge for many years and is written from an Australian perspective. The rules and regulations are courtesy of the E.F.A Handbook. (Equestrian Federation of Australia) Should you have any questions just e-mail me.
 
Fic 2 in the "Equine Intervention" Arc.
 
Dedication: To Klingonpoodle who gave me the plot bunny for the first fic and has since supplied my muse with its own plot bunny farm, and to 'Teddy Bear' my own courageous little showjumper whom Zero is based upon.
 
Time, Fault and Out
 
November 2005 ShenLong
 
Chapter 31
 
Duo pushed open the door to the waiting room and forced himself to smile despite the nervousness he was feeling. "Mr Gregory?" he asked as he stepped forward and offered his hand.
 
Mr Gregory was a large man, all bulk and a good six foot tall. The bulk though wasn't fat, it was all muscle, something Duo realized when their hands connected and his was shaken firmly.
 
"Yes. Doctor Duo Maxwell?"
 
"That's me," replied Duo as their hands parted and his dropped back to his side.
 
"Doctor Maxwell, you know why I'm here?"
 
"Yes, I do. The Board sent me a letter to tell me they would be sending out an investigator."
 
Mr Gregory reached inside his suit jacket and fished around in his pocket. Pulling his hand out he showed Duo his identification badge. "As is always the case when the Board receives a complaint we have to investigate. I wish to stress that you are completely innocent of any and all charges until the investigation is complete and then, depending on the findings you may or may not be charged with an offense."
 
"Thank you. I understand."
 
"Good. Are you aware of the allegations against you?"
 
"I think so. According to the letter I received I've been accused of misusing drugs. Although it didn't clarify in what way and who made the complaint."
 
"That is pretty much correct. I cannot divulge the exact nature of the complaint, nor can I tell you who lodged the complaint at this stage. Depending on the outcome of my preliminary investigations that information may be forthcoming."
 
"I thought as much," Duo said. "Look, Mr Gregory. I know you have to investigate and I can assure you that all my records are accurate, that you won't find anything to support these claims. I also have a very good idea of who lodged the complaint and exactly what the nature of that complaint is. Once you have completed your investigation and find that the allegations are completely unfounded I'd like to discuss this matter with you, if that is acceptable. I'd like to have the chance to defend myself."
 
Mr Gregory smiled. "Doctor Maxwell, at the conclusion of my investigation I'd be happy to discuss this matter with you, providing I find no evidence to back the complaint. I can assure you that the Board does not take these sorts of complaints lightly for obvious reasons. Likewise, if the complaint is found to be unwarranted then the Board can take action against the complainant as it sees fit."
 
"That's all I ask," Duo smiled back.
 
A light knock was heard on the waiting room door and Duo turned to open it. "Heero, thanks for coming up." Duo stepped to the side to allow Heero to enter. "Mr Gregory, I'd like you to meet my accountant, Heero Yuy. Heero is responsible for keeping all the bookwork, files and relevant records pertaining to the practice up-to-date."
 
"Nice to meet you, Mr Gregory," Heero said. "I'd shake hands with you but as you can see..."
 
Mr Gregory took in the plaster cast that adorned Heero's right arm. "No problem, Mr Yuy. What happened?"
 
"I took a fall from a horse, broke the upper arm."
 
"I'm sorry to hear that."
 
Heero shrugged. "These things happen, thank you for your concern though. Now, Doctor Maxwell has informed me of the Board's investigation and I have everything pertaining to the practice on the hard drive of the computer. It's all backed up on disc as well. If you wish to see the paper invoices to confirm the information on the computer I have it all in the filing cabinet."
 
Mr Gregory looked impressed. "Thank you. I'll start with looking over the records on the computer if that's okay. Once I locate the area I'm looking for I will need to have it verified by the paper side."
 
"Certainly. If you would like to come this way, Mr Gregory, I'll set you up on the computer." Heero turned to walk to the waiting room door and take the investigator through to the office and Nrobbuts.
 
Mr Gregory followed with Duo bringing up the rear, silently praying that Nrobbuts would behave itself.
 
Heero fired up the computer and quickly brought up the program that had all Duo's records on it. He typed in a few commands and all the individual files were displayed. "All you need to do is click on whichever file you need and it will open up to sub folders. All are named according to year, month and the like, depending on which file you choose. For example," Heero clicked on the file named 'Clients'. The file opened to reveal several sub folders. "The folder marked 'A to Z' contains the names and addresses of all the practice's clients. The sub folder marked 'March' contains all the clients seen for that month along with the details of the consult. All of these are backed by the paper files in the filing cabinet."
 
"Thank you, Mr Yuy. I have to say this is a very nice set up you have. It should make my job a lot easier and quicker and that means less of your time taken up."
 
Duo was beginning to feel a little lost and that he wasn't really needed. "Does anyone have any objection if I leave you two to it? I have a couple of animals in for surgery and I can be getting on with that while you're going through the records."
 
"That should be fine, Doctor Maxwell. I do have quite a bit to look through and I don't want to hold you up or disrupt your practice unnecessarily," replied Mr Gregory.
 
"I'll stay here and help you locate whatever it is you need, Mr Gregory, if that's okay with you," said Heero. "If you have any questions I'm sure I can answer them and if not, I can get Duo for you."
 
"Thank you, Mr Yuy."
 
"I'll go get ready for surgery then," Duo said and left the pair to the computer and the records. Walking down the hall to the small operating theater, Duo felt the cold sweat on his skin and the slight trembling in his hands. He knew he'd done nothing wrong, had no case to answer to, but he couldn't shake the nervousness. He needed to get himself back in control, he had surgery to perform and he couldn't operate if his hands were shaking.
 
***
 
Inserting the last stitch, Duo snipped the end and then dropped the needle into the kidney dish. He straightened up and looked at the neat row of stitches adorning the dog's side. "There you go, Sam, you should feel a lot better now when you wake up." Duo gave the sleeping dog a gentle pat before removing the kidney dish and its contents to the side. He lifted the dog and set him down on a blanket on the floor to wake up from the anesthetic.
 
"All finished?" Catherine asked as she returned from setting up the kennel ready for Sam to go back into once he was awake.
 
"Yeah," replied Duo.
 
"I'll start to clean up then."
 
"Thanks." Duo picked up the kidney dish that held the tumor he'd removed from Sam's side and moved across the theater to the side bench and microscope. Humming softly to himself he set the microscope up, fetched a couple of slides and placed a sliver of the tumor onto the slides. Peering down the microscope, Duo watched the tiny world unfold under the magnification. He checked the tumor cells, applying a chemical to the slide and noting the reaction. A smile lit his features and a soft sigh escaped his lips.
 
"What did the test say?" Catherine asked from where she was sitting beside the now awake Sam.
 
"It's benign."
 
"That's good." Catherine patted the dog, the grin wide on her face. "His owner will be happy."
 
"It shouldn't grow back either. I'm pretty sure I managed to get all of it." Duo smiled as he spoke. "I think you can go back to the kennels now, Sam."
 
"I'll take him," offered Catherine. "You might want to go and see how that investigator fellow is getting on."
 
"Thanks, Catherine." Duo really didn't fancy going back to the reception area. A glance at the clock told him he'd been in surgery for three hours. Blowing his bangs out of his eyes, Duo decided he really didn't have a choice, he'd better go and see what was happening, evening consults would be starting in another hour and Hilde would be coming in for those in about half an hour. Wearily, Duo left the theater and went back to the reception area.
 
***
 
Heero had assisted Mr Gregory wherever he could, fetching the paper records to confirm what was on screen. While the investigator couldn't reveal exactly what he was looking for due to confidentiality laws, Heero already had a good idea from the information Treize had given them.
 
Having spent the better part of the afternoon going through the drug orders for the practice, Mr Gregory decided to call it a day. "Would you mind if I took the disc back to my hotel with me and continued to look through the records there?"
 
"I can't see why not," replied Heero. "I'll have to check with Doctor Maxwell first though."
 
"Of course. I just thought it would speed things up a bit. I can continue my investigation there and not disrupt the practice with my presence here. Any paper conformation I need I can make a note of and check tomorrow when I return."
 
"How is it going?" Duo asked as he walked back into the reception area.
 
Heero brought Duo quickly up-to-date and requested permission for the investigator to take the disc back with him to the hotel. Duo agreed and Mr Gregory bid them good evening. No sooner had the investigator left than Hilde arrived and Catherine reappeared. Both women were eager to hear how things were progressing, and between the two of them, Duo and Heero told them all they knew.
 
By the time they had finished, it was almost time to open up for evening consults. Heero left to go and bring the horses in, Duo promising to help just as soon as he'd called Sam's owner to let them know of the successful surgery. Catherine took up residence in the reception area and Hilde fetched her white lab coat and prepared for the evening consults.
 
* * *
 
Duo finished buckling up the leg strap and gave Scythe a friendly pat before leaving her stable and locking the door behind him. A moment later Heero emerged from Zero's stable and bolted that door.
 
"All finished?" Duo asked.
 
"Yeah. I'll just make up the morning feeds and that's everything done then."
 
"Okay, I'll go on up to the house and start cooking dinner." Duo gave Heero a soft kiss. "Don't be too long."
 
Heero watched as his lover left and then turned to make up the morning feeds.
 
***
 
Stepping into the kitchen, Heero's nose was infiltrated by the smell of steak cooking. "Mmm... Something smells good."
 
"I thought we'd have something simple tonight. Steak, egg and chips," Duo replied.
 
Heero wandered over and wrapped his arm around Duo's waist. He nuzzled the vet's neck and then feathered kisses over it. Duo shivered at the touch and tilted his head to give Heero better access, access Heero was quick to take advantage of.
 
Duo could feel the familiar warmth spreading through his body with Heero's kisses. They hadn't been intimate since Heero's accident, Heero's injuries being the main reason, although the current investigation and Relena's obsession had also put a bit of a dampener on anything sexual. Duo moaned softly and turned around in his lover's one armed embrace. He wrapped his own arms around Heero's shoulders and partook of Heero's lips.
 
The kiss was sensual and slow, mouths meeting and melding together, moving softly against the other with genuine affection. Heero parted his lips in invitation, one Duo was quick to accept. Tongues entwined and rubbed languidly against each other, inner recesses were reinvestigated and each man let himself go with the overwhelming pleasure.
 
Heero moaned softly, Duo caught the moan and returned it with one of his own. Before things could go much further though, the smell of burning reached their noses.
 
"Shit! The steak!" Duo cried and quickly spun around to rescue the meat. Duo stared into the pan. "I hope you like your steak very well done, Heero," he said ruefully as he looked at the slightly blackened steaks.
 
"I normally have it medium rare," Heero replied in amusement and looking into the pan. "Although I don't mind it chargrilled occasionally."
 
"Charred is about right," Duo sighed.
 
Heero chuckled. "It doesn't matter, Duo. To be honest, I'd much rather have you for dinner."
 
Duo gazed into Heero's eyes and noted the hunger there. He swallowed and dropped the pan back to the stove before embracing his lover. Tingles ran from his head, lodging firmly in his groin before continuing on to his toes. He brushed his knuckles across Heero's cheek and then stole another kiss.
 
"I want you, Duo," Heero murmured, his voice thick.
 
"Are you sure, Heero? What about your arm?"
 
"Fuck my arm."
 
"I'd rather fuck you."
 
"Then why are you waiting? Take me to bed, Duo and make love to me."
 
"Your wish is my command." Duo pressed his lips firmly against Heero's and kissed his lover soundly. When they broke apart, Duo quickly turned everything off on the stove and followed his teasing boyfriend from the kitchen, along the hallway and into the bedroom. Once inside the bedroom, Duo found himself attacked by a demanding Heero. Even though Heero only had the use of one arm, he made sure to use that hand and arm to his full advantage.
 
Kissing Duo again, Heero's left hand set about undoing the buttons to Duo's shirt and then caressing the warm skin beneath. Fingers traversed the hard planes of Duos' chest stopping to tease at a nipple before continuing across and toying with the other one. Not satisfied with simply exploring Duo's chest, Heero's hand moved over the soft skin of Duo's belly, smirking as he felt the muscles twitch and shiver beneath his touch. He paused at the waistband of Duo's slacks and dipped a finger beneath, running lightly around the waistband and the sensitive skin.
 
Duo's breath hitched and a low moan escaped his mouth. Heero's fingers felt so good against his skin, he'd missed the gentle touch of his lover. Heat began to pool in his groin as Heero continued to stroke over his skin, slowly moving downwards towards his slacks. Duo was content to let Heero explore for the moment, his own hands would be occupied soon enough. Feeling the finger dip beneath the waistband of his slacks and then run teasingly around, Duo groaned and thrust his hips forward.
 
Removing his finger, Heero placed the palm of his hand flat against the growing bulge in Duo's pants and began to rub. His mouth sought Duo's again and proceeded to kiss his lover senseless. His own need was steadily rising, it had been far too long since they were last intimate together and while Heero knew that sex wasn't all there was to their relationship, it certainly played an important role.
 
Duo broke the kiss, his breathing labored as he rested his head in the crook of Heero's shoulder and moaned softly. "God, I want you, Heero."
 
"I want you too, Duo. I need you, need to feel you inside me, please."
 
One hand quickly moved to the front of Heero's pants and palmed the hardness there, the other drifted along Heero's spine and cupped an ass cheek, squeezing gently. Duo began to nibble along Heero's neck as his hands kneaded both the front and rear of Heero's body. Heero groaned and tried to press himself into that teasing hand at his groin, his own hand shifting to try and undo the button and zipper of Duo's slacks.
 
Heero's hand fumbled, unable to release Duo's pants and allow his hand to investigate the treasures within. Heero grunted in frustration and tried again, only to be foiled once more by the stubborn button.
 
Duo chuckled softly at Heero's frustration. "Need a hand there, Heero?" he questioned softly.
 
"I want you naked and inside me," Heero growled. "Now."
 
"Impatient, aren't you?"
 
"It's been too long, Duo. I need you, need to have you buried inside me."
 
Duo could well understand Heero's need, his own was bubbling away, threatening to erupt very soon if he didn't take action now. He need to be buried inside Hero's hot channel, needed to feel the strength and warmth of Heero's body, needed that feeling of belonging to take away all the hurt and anger that had plagued him these past few weeks.
 
In short, Duo needed to be reassured that Heero still wanted him, desired him and not that pink menace.
 
Oh, he knew in his heart that Heero held no feelings of attraction for Relena, but he needed to feel Heero's body surrounding him, wanted to hear the moans and whimpers of pleasure caused by his ministrations falling from Heero's lips and most of all, he was desperate to hear Heero's voice calling his name as they reached their orgasms together.
 
With a swiftness Duo didn't know he possessed, he quickly had both his and Heero's pants off, shirts gone, underwear but a memory and the pair of them on the bed. They lay alongside each other, fingers and hands wandering over heated skin while lips moved languidly together. Pressing hard against Heero's naked form, Duo rubbed himself along Heero's belly and thighs, feeling Heero's hardness pressing against his own flesh in return. Moving a hand away from Heero's body for a moment, Duo blindly fumbled in the bedside drawer for the lube.
 
Slicked fingers began to trace along his cleft, stopping to tease lightly against the tiny opening and then caressing the crevice again. Moans escaped Heero's lips and his hips began to undulate, desperate to draw that teasing finger inside his body. A low chuckle rumbled in Duo's chest and then that finger pushed forth, passing through the defensive muscle of Heero's anus and entering the hot channel.
 
"Yes," hissed Heero as he was penetrated at last by that questing digit. He spread his legs a little more, encouraging the vet to plunge deeper into his body.
 
Duo feathered kisses along Heero's neck and collar bone as he worked his finger inside and began the task of loosening Heero's passage and muscles. A second finger followed easily enough, the whimpers and moans falling from his lover's lips inflaming Duo's desire. A third finger wormed its way inside, Duo barely holding the groan as Heero's hips began to thrust, rubbing their cocks together while Heero rode those penetrating fingers.
 
Unable to wait any longer, Duo pulled his fingers out and fumbled for the lube. He found it and began to slather a generous amount over his aching length. Heero rolled completely onto his back, spreading his legs and raising them up to allow Duo easy access to his body.
 
"Shit, you're so hot, Heero," Duo breathed as his eyes wandered the body spread before him.
 
"Make love to me, Duo." Heero was tired of waiting. His cock throbbed, his balls were heavy and he had to have Duo inside him.
 
Duo's eyes softened as he settled between Heero's legs. Taking the base of his penis between his fingers, Duo guided himself to the stretched opening. He rubbed the sensitive head around the small hole, teasing both Heero and himself before he began to push steadily inside. The muscles of Heero's ass didn't want to let him in at first, then they grudgingly relaxed and Duo slid inside. It was like coming home to Duo. His cock slipped gently into Heero's sheath, heat surrounding him, muscles caressing every inch of his shaft as he steadily moved deeper into the rider's body.
 
Heero was acutely aware of Duo's cock, the nerve supply inside his passage ultra sensitive to the slow penetration. Heero closed his eyes and savored the feeling of being filled.
 
With his balls now pressed against Heero's ass, Duo grit his teeth and fought to regain his control. He paused, enjoying the sensations traversing his nervous system while he waited for Heero to adjust and let him know he was ready. The muscles rippled along his shaft, squeezing his length and Duo knew that was his lover's way of letting him know he was ready for Duo to move. Biting down on his lower lip, Duo began to pull out, slipping easily from Heero's channel until only the head of his cock remained inside and then pushing forward again to sink deep into paradise.
 
"Feels good," Heero groaned. "More, deeper." Heero shifted his legs and wrapped them around Duo's waist, locking his ankles together.
 
Having regained control over his rebellious hormones, Duo began to increase his pace, building the rhythm, varying the depth of his penetration and generally driving Heero wild with pleasure. Hips rolled steadily, the advance and retreat speeding up, the angle changing slightly to enable Duo to find Heero's sweet spot.
 
"Ahhh!" Heero moaned, stars dancing in his head.
 
Grunting, Duo picked up the pace. Heero's passage began to clench a little around his shaft, Duo faltered for a moment with the added pleasure and then settled into the rhythm once more.
 
The dance began to build towards the finale, bodies heaved and rolled against each other, sweat glistened over muscle and skin. Soft grunts, whimpers and moans escaped throats while nerves sang with pleasure and desire. Duo managed to worm a hand between their frantically moving bodies and locate Heero's cock. His fingers curled around the shaft and began to stroke.
 
"Come for me, Heero." Duo's vision was beginning to blur, his body shaking from the effort of holding his orgasm at bay.
 
Heero couldn't hold his own release any longer. The tingling started in his toes and worked its way up until it hit his groin. Heat flooded his system, his balls tightened and he gave a keening cry.
 
As his lover cried out his passion to the four walls of the bedroom, Duo pushed as deep as he could get into Heero's sheath and screamed his own pleasure. Duo's back arched, he shuddered from head to toe as his seed left his cock and spurted deep into Heero's channel. Beneath him his lover also went rigid, thick creamy liquid erupting from the slit to coat Duo's hand and their respective bellies.
 
Sucking air greedily into his lungs, Heero rode his orgasm, the intensity of it leaving him stunned, sated and gloriously happy. Above him Duo convulsed slightly as his own orgasm tore through him, the vet's skin flushing while his breath came in gasps.
 
As the pleasure began to subside, Duo collapsed against Heero and then rolled to the side, Heero's warm body immediately following the movement and snuggling close. With Heero's head tucked under his chin, Duo relaxed and enjoyed the last ripples of his release.
 
They lay together, entwined until their minds and bodies returned to the present. Duo began to stroke his fingers along Heero's spine and press kisses to the mop of chocolate hair. "Thanks, Heero. That was wonderful."
 
Heero sighed contentedly. "I've missed that."
 
"I'm sorry, I didn't want to push you with your arm and all."
 
"You have nothing to apologize for, Duo, but thanks for thinking of me, anyway." Heero shifted and stole a kiss. "I love you, Duo Maxwell."
 
"Love you too, Heero." They shared a tender kiss. "Maybe we should get cleaned up a bit."
 
"Don't want to move, too comfy." Heero snuggled closer, he really didn't want to surrender his teddy bear.
 
Duo chuckled. "All right, but don't blame me when you're all itchy. Besides, we still haven't eaten yet."
 
"Not hungry right now, want to snuggle."
 
Duo smiled as his lover burrowed closer to him. "I guess we can snuggle for a bit longer," he said quietly and pulled Heero closer to him and enjoyed the feeling of his lover in his arms.
 
* * *
 
Mr Gregory spent another two days going through the practice records, matching up the drug inventories with the dispensing of those drugs. With the way Heero had set everything up it was easy for him to locate all the information he needed. The more he investigated the more he became convinced that this complaint held no validity whatsoever.
 
He contacted headquarters again to advise on where he was with the current investigation and get a little more information on the complaint itself as well as the person making the complaint. Mr Yuy assisted him when he needed it, as did Doctor Maxwell and Mr Gregory found himself warming to the pair. He was nearly at the end of his investigation when Mr Yuy came forth with information that left the investigator stunned to say the least.
 
Mr Gregory was trying to match up a particular drug order with where it had been dispensed when Mr Yuy spoke.
 
"Mr Gregory?"
 
"Yes?"
 
"I know you can't reveal the name of the person making the complaint, nor can you reveal the exact nature of the allegation, but, I think I can save you some time here."
 
"Oh?" Mr Gregory paused in his searching and turned to face the accountant.
 
"This is purely off the record, okay?"
 
"Fine with me."
 
Taking a deep breath, Heero began his explanation, starting with how Relena Peacecraft seemed obsessed with him, going through all the information up to when he had his fall. "So you see, Mr Gregory, I'm certain that this Peacecraft woman is the one that lodged this complaint, and that she's alleging Duo has drugged me in order to take advantage of me. You don't need to confirm or deny what I'm saying, but I can assure you that is not the case. I am in this relationship because I want to be, I am a homosexual and Doctor Maxwell has never tried to use drugs on me. I'm over the age of consent and I'm a willing partner in the relationship we share. This Peacecraft woman just can't seem to get that through her head and has tried everything in her power to break up our relationship. I can also prove that I am in no way under the influence of any drugs, other than those prescribed for me by my doctor. I took the liberty of having my GP, Doctor Sally Po, take a blood sample last week and run tests for any drugs in my system. She has those test results at her practice and I have given my written consent for her to release those results to the Board should you require them. I'm also happy to have further tests to prove Doctor Maxwell's innocence if you need me to."
 
Mr Gregory sat with a frown on his face, obviously deep in thought for a moment. Slowly he raised his eyes and met Heero's clear, blue gaze. "Thank you for sharing that information with me, Mr Yuy. That couldn't have been easy for you. As you said, I cannot confirm nor deny the allegation or the person concerned, but off the record, you are correct. As yet I have not found anything amiss with Doctor Maxwell's records, everything is or has been accounted for. I would like to contact your doctor though and obtain a copy of those blood test results if that is okay with you. Once I have those I should be able to wrap this investigation up within a day."
 
"I'll give Doctor Po's practice a call now and have them faxed right over, if that is acceptable?"
 
"That would be fine, thank you."
 
Heero went to make the call; Mr Gregory resumed the last of his investigation, his mind busy processing all that Mr Yuy had told him. The more he thought about it, the angrier he got. Not only was this sort of frivolous allegation a waste of the Board's resources and time, but it was also tarnishing the name and reputation of what Mr Gregory had deemed to be a genuinely kind and compassionate vet. It really got under his skin to know that there were people like that out there in society. With a grunt he returned to his investigation.
 
* * *
 
Duo bade the last client of the morning farewell and locked the door to the surgery. Returning to the reception area he found Catherine waiting for him.
 
"Mr Gregory called, he will be around in an hour's time to speak with you regarding his findings."
 
"Thank you, Catherine." Duo felt the butterflies beginning to swarm in his stomach.
 
"I suggest you go back to the house and have a cup of coffee to settle your nerves, I'll page you when he gets here, if you like?"
 
"Thanks, I think I will." Duo gave the receptionist a smile and proceeded to take off his white lab coat and hang it on the back of the door. He made his way back to the house and put the kettle on. Looking out through the kitchen window he could see Heero in the paddock with Zero, the gray standing tied to the fence while Heero brushed vigorously at the gray coat. Making two mugs of coffee up, Duo went out to the paddock.
 
"Hey, what you doing?" Duo asked as he approached the paddock.
 
"Just thought I'd give him a good grooming," replied Heero as he straightened up and took the offered mug of coffee. "Thanks, Duo, you're a life saver."
 
Zero wuffled and tried to sniff Duo's mug. Duo pushed the inquisitive muzzle away.
 
"No, you don't, that's my coffee, Zero, not carrots," the vet chuckled.
 
Heero unclipped the lead rope and Zero, realizing he wasn't going to get any treats, wandered off and resumed his grazing.
 
"He's looking well," Duo stated.
 
"Yeah, his muscle tone is good, he should be fit enough for the camp," replied Heero.
 
"Mr Gregory is coming back soon."
 
"Aa."
 
"He's finished his investigation and wants to discuss his findings."
 
Sensing Duo's nervousness, Hero moved closer and set his mug on top of the fence so he could wrap his arm around the vet's waist. Nuzzling against Duo's neck, Heero spoke softly. "It will all be okay, Duo. Mr Gregory is a decent fellow and from what I can gather, there's nothing in the records to substantiate Relena's claim."
 
Duo sighed. "I know I'm innocent, Heero. I just can't help feeling nervous though."
 
Heero kissed the long haired man. "Love you."
 
Duo's beeper went off.
 
Duo grabbed the pager from his belt and looked at the small screen. "Show time. Mr Gregory is up at the practice now."
 
"Then I suggest we go and talk to him," replied Heero and took Duo's hand in his.
 
Duo grabbed both coffee mugs with his free hand and allowed himself to be led back towards the surgery and Mr Gregory, who held his future in his hands.
 
~ * ~
 
tbc....