Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Time, Fault and Out ❯ Chapter 63 ( Chapter 63 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G'boys, I just borrow them from time to time to play with and return them a whole lot happier, ne?
 
Rating: NC 17
 
 
Pairings: 1x2x1, 3x4
 
Warnings: AU, OOC, Lemon, Yaoi, Angst, Fluff, Sap, Vet themes.
 
Summary: Set 2 years after Equinity. Heero is now riding for the Kushrenada stable as well as attempting to qualify Zero for the Nations Cup team and ultimately his dream of riding at the Olympic games. But life is never an easy ride.
 
Notes: All the information on showjumping, horses, etc is taken from my own knowledge of the sport having been a competitor and now judge for many years and is written from an Australian perspective. The rules and regulations are courtesy of the E.F.A Handbook. (Equestrian Federation of Australia) Should you have any questions just e-mail me.
 
Fic 2 in the "Equine Intervention" Arc.
 
Dedication: To Klingonpoodle who gave me the plot bunny for the first fic and has since supplied my muse with its own plot bunny farm, and to 'Teddy Bear' my own courageous little showjumper whom Zero is based upon.
 
 
"Time, Fault and Out"
 
November. 2005 ShenLong
 
Chapter 63
 
The sounds of doors slamming and voices awoke Heero. He rolled over and winced a little at the slight ache in his ass. Eyes blinked open and he found the digits of the alarm clock. Seven am, too early for Heero who wanted to sleep a little longer. He was tired, the exhaustion of the past few days catching up with him now that the adrenaline rush was over. He smiled though when his eyes alighted on the large, red rosette sitting on the cabinet beside the television. Another sight caused the smile to widen further. Duo lay curled in a ball, hair splayed all around him looking for all the world like an innocent child. Heero knew that to be far from the truth.
 
Duo was no child, the ache in his ass reminded him just how much of a man Duo was. That same ache also refuted the innocent part. Heero's eyes softened with love and he reached out, taking a lock of hair between his fingers and rubbing it gently. Duo had certainly made good on his promise, loving Heero until the early hours of the morning when Heero had all but begged for sleep. If he didn't know any better he'd have sworn Duo had taken something to enhance his stamina!
 
Violet eyes blinked open, lips curling into a smile as Duo observed his lover staring off into the distance, obviously locked in deep thought. Not wanting to intrude on a private moment, Duo continued to lie there and watch, memorizing his lover's features.
 
Heero became aware of eyes watching him and drew his gaze back to his partner. "Morning, Duo," Heero said softly and leaned in for a gentle kiss.
 
"Mmmm. Morning, Heero." Duo stretched, muscles bunching under creamy skin. "What time is it?"
 
"A little after seven," Heero replied with a yawn.
 
"Too early!" Duo ducked back under the covers.
 
"I agree, but we need to get up and moving, Duo. We still have stuff to pack and a long drive ahead of us."
 
Duo gave a groan, one that was slightly muffled due to his head being under the covers.
 
"Come on, we need a shower and to get as much packed up before breakfast as we can."
 
A shower actually sounded good to Duo. His skin itched a bit, mainly from the bodily fluids that had been shared the previous evening. "Okay, I hear you." Duo emerged from his cocoon with a wide yawn and another stretch.
 
Fetching clean boxers from the duffle bag, Heero headed for the shower, Duo still persuading his body to leave the warmth of the bed. Heero wasn't long in the shower, returning after several minutes to find Duo sitting on the edge of the bed tying off his hair which he'd just brushed and braided.
 
"Shower's free," Heero said as he donned a pair of jeans and found a still clean T-shirt at the bottom of the bag.
 
"Thanks," Duo replied and grabbed clean underwear.
 
While Duo was in the shower, Heero finished dressing and then began to pack all their stuff away into their respective bags. All that remained was the toiletries in the bathroom. Duo stepped out of the bathroom and began to dress whilst Heero gathered all their toiletries and popped them into the bags as well. With Duo now dressed, the pair left their room and headed for the hotel dining room.
 
Zechs and Treize were sitting at a table, obviously almost finished with their breakfast when Heero and Duo arrived. Fetching themselves a hearty breakfast from the buffet laid out, Heero and Duo sat down with Treize and Zechs to eat their meal.
 
"Zoe sends all her best and hopes to see you again soon," Treize said, relaying the woman's message.
 
"She's already left?" Heero asked.
 
"Yeah. She went about an hour ago, wanted to get on the road before the peak hour traffic."
 
"Can't say I blame her," Heero replied. "By the time we're all loaded up and ready to go the worst of it should be over."
 
"One can always live in hope," Duo added. "I swear the drivers around here have to be the worst I've ever seen. No respect at all for other road users."
 
"Too true. I'd better be going." Zechs stood up and smiled at everyone. "I'm back on duty tonight so I'd best be going now if I want to unpack before going to work."
 
"I'll come and see you off," Treize said softly.
 
Heero smiled. "We will see you later then, Zechs. Drive carefully."
 
"Thanks. I'll see you soon, Heero"
 
"Take it easy, Zechs. I'll give you a call." Duo gave his colleague a nod.
 
"Will do. You guys have a safe trip back too." Zechs left the room with Treize in tow.
 
* * *
 
"I think that's the last of it," Duo said as he observed the crammed state of Henrietta's trunk. "I've left Zero's floating boots out and there's only the water bucket left to go in."
 
"Thanks," Heero replied as he shoved a sack with hay in it on top of the gear already jammed inside the car. "I'll just tie his haynet up in the front of the float and then we can fetch Zero and load him on." Heero looked at his watch, it was eight-fifty.
 
Duo walked around to the back of the horse float and lowered the tail gate, Heero emerged from the front and picking up the floating boots, the pair walked back to the stable block to fetch the stallion. Everywhere around them other people were similarly engaged, cleaning out lockers or stables, loading gear and preparing horses for their trips back to wherever they came from. Zero whinnied when he spotted his master, he knew something was up by all the activity going on. The stallion hoped he was going home. He'd enjoyed his few days away, the love of jumping burning through his veins, but he was more than ready to head back to the green paddocks, his lovely mare and son and tell them all about his adventures.
 
Only Goose, Zero and Duck remained in the stable block, Joe getting his two ready for departure. Heero led the gray out and tied him up, Duo fetching the water bucket and emptying it while Heero put on Zero's floating boots. Treize turned up and helped Joe to finish off the mini pony, all three equines finally ready for the long haul home. Goose and Duck walked calmly into Treize's goose neck float, Zero didn't give any trouble either, stepping inside Heero's float and allowing Heero to tie him up while he tried to eat the hay in the net and covering Heero with a generous amount of it. Duo put up the tail gate, sliding the bolts home and then snickered at the sight of his lover emerging with bits of hay stuck in his hair and clothing.
 
"All set?" Treize asked as he and Joe put up the ramp to the goose neck.
 
"Hai."
 
"Drive carefully and I'll give you a call later tonight to make sure you got back okay," Treize said.
 
"Have a safe trip too, Treize," Heero replied. "I've got your cell number if anything should happen on the way home."
 
"Likewise, Heero. Take care."
 
"See you later, Treize. Take care, Joe," Duo called out as he got into the passenger side of Heero's car.
 
"Catch you, Duo. It's been fun 'grooming' with you," Joe replied with a smile and a wave.
 
Heero climbed into the driver's side and turned the key. Henrietta fired up, Heero slipped the car into gear and began to pull out of the parking area.
 
* * *
 
The drive home was long and tedious, Duo navigating through the streets of Sydney and getting Heero back out and onto the country highway with as little stress as possible. Despite the later morning hour, the traffic was still heavy. Duo wondered what the hell it was like during peak hour if this was supposed to be the quieter time! Heero drove for some time, stopping at a small road house around two in the afternoon so Zero could have a break and stretch his legs. Duo bought them both a belated lunch and they sat outside in the sunshine to eat, Heero holding the end of Zero's lead rope so the stallion could graze a bit while they took a rest
 
After spending an hour lazing around, Heero loaded Zero back onto the float and Duo took over driving for a while. Heero was tired and knew he could trust the vet behind the wheel so he curled up as much as he could in the seat and dozed off. Duo smiled softly when he spotted Heero's sleeping form. The past few days had been fun and exciting, but it would be nice to return home to their friends and the familiar routine of the practice.
 
Hilde had only called a couple of times, mainly to see how they were getting on and to reassure Duo that his practice was still up and running. Duo didn't doubt it for a minute. Hilde was a competent vet, Catherine more than capable of running the reception area and the clients all liked them too. Idly his mind switched to Quatre and Trowa. He snickered with the memory of the last time the pair had looked after the horses for them. Little Shini had asserted his 'masculinity' by nipping Trowa. He wondered if the pair would still be in one piece after looking after the horses for several days.
 
One could always hope.
 
Trowa hadn't said much when they'd called to check on things, but Trowa was a naturally quiet person anyway. That was one trait that made his job at the animal shelter easier. Animals, especially those that were mistreated, hurt and injured responded better to a calm, quite person. Trowa fit that description perfectly, no wonder he was good at what he did. Trowa had informed them that both horses were fine, eating well and behaving. Duo had had to take Trowa's word for it, he just hoped there weren't going to be any further bruises or injuries to either Trowa or Quatre.
 
The miles rolled by, Heero continued to doze while Duo listened to the soft sounds of music on the radio. The sun began to creep lower over the horizon when Heero decided to call for another rest stop. Zero needed to be taken off the float again and stretch his legs. Heero needed to pee and Duo's stomach was beginning to rumble - loudly.
 
Scanning the road map, Heero noted another road house about five kilometers ahead and the pair decided to pull in there, refuel both the car and themselves as well as give Zero a break. Zero was eager to get off the float and stretch his cramped muscles. He didn't mind standing in the smallish space, swaying gently as the float rumbled along. His master was a careful driver, always taking corners slowly and braking well ahead of time so Zero didn't lose his footing. The fresh air smelt sweet after the confines of the float and Zero snuffed the air with delight.
 
Duo fetched the water bucket from the back of the car and located a tap. With the bucket filled, Duo carried it back and set it down so Zero could drink. The stallion took a good few swallows before gazing around again, water dribbling from between his lips as he took in the sights and scents of his surroundings. While Heero tended to his horse, Duo went inside the road house to buy some dinner. A couple of steak sandwiches and coffees would hit the spot. Having paid for the purchases, the lady behind the counter informed him there was a small yard around the back of the road house that they could pop Zero into if they liked while they ate their dinner. Duo thanked the woman and went to pass on the information to Heero whilst the woman cooked their steaks.
 
Zero was quite happy with the yard. It wasn't all that large, but it hadn't been used in a while and there was a smattering of grass around, grass that Zero eagerly began to chew at. Securing the gate, Heero left his horse to enjoy a bit of grazing in peace and returned with Duo to sit inside the road house cafe and enjoy their dinner.
 
Having enjoyed their meal, Duo picked up a couple of coffees and some snacks for on the road while Heero fetched the stallion and loaded him back into the float. Once more they were on their way, Heero calculated it would be around seven when they finally reached Duo's practice.
 
Soon the scenery began to change, more familiar roads were traveled along as they drew closer to home. Heero was looking forward to getting back. He'd missed Scythe and Shini, the routine of the practice and the familiar scents of Duo's cottage. He missed their friends too and made a note to get something to give to Quatre and Trowa for looking after his horses for him. It had been fun and exciting, an experience Heero had thoroughly enjoyed, but it was nice to come home too.
 
"Nearly there," Duo murmured quietly as he gave Heero a soft smile.
 
"Hai. I hope Shini and Scythe have behaved themselves."
 
"I'm sure they have. I hope Hilde and Catherine managed to cope okay with the practice."
 
"Knowing those two they have probably got the whole practice reorganized and running to a schedule," Heero snickered.
 
"Crap," Duo moaned.
 
"Women have a thing about organization. You'll probably find the entire surgery has been given a complete makeover whilst you've been gone." Heero couldn't help but tease.
 
"I wouldn't put it past them either," Duo snorted. "I'll be lucky if I can find anything again after leaving those two on their own."
 
The town of Salsbury appeared ahead, Heero taking the side roads and skirting around the small town. It wasn't long before they were turning down the familiar road to Duo's practice. Inside the float, Zero could scent the familiar smells of home and neighed. Heero smiled softly while Duo's eyes lit up at the prospect of being home again and sleeping in his own bed. Not that he'd minded sleeping in the hotel; the bed had been quite comfortable. No, it was the other things Duo had missed, such as being able to cuddle and kiss Heero whenever he wanted. Having to keep his voice low too when enjoying a little 'fun' hadn't been easy either. Now they were home again he could be as demonstrative and as vocal as he liked. The driveway to the practice appeared ahead and Heero indicated, slowing the car down and making a gentle turn. They drove slowly along the drive, dusk settling around them. The lights to the surgery were on and Duo could see a few cars in the parking lot. It seemed that Hilde was finishing off evening consults. Up ahead the lights in the stable block were also on, Heero figured that Quatre and Trowa must have left them on to make it easier for them when they got back.
 
Heero pulled into the parking area at the back of Duo's house beside the stable block and turned the engine off. "We're home," he said quietly.
 
* * *
 
Treize turned the goose neck into the long drive and slowly drove up it to the stable area. He could see Otto waiting for him and smiled to himself. Bringing the goose neck to a stop, Treize cut the engine and released his seat belt, Joe doing the same. It was six in the evening Treize noted. He'd made pretty good time. Otto came over as Treize opened the door and climbed out.
 
"Congratulations, sir," Otto said as he moved to lower the side ramp and unload the horses.
 
"Thank you, Otto. It would have been nice to have finished first, but I'm not disappointed with the way Goose performed. We were beaten by a better horse on the day," Treize replied.
 
Otto smiled, he knew how tough it could be in competition, the closeness of the results at times and that's what made the sport such an interesting one. With the ramp lowered, Otto untied Goose and led the stallion from the float and into his stable. Joe followed behind with Duck. The two grooms settled the horses, made sure they were comfortable and eating the feeds ready for them before returning to the float to unload the gear.
 
Treize unloaded all his personal stuff, piling it beside the cab to take up to the house then turned to fetch some of the horse gear to take into the tack room. Between the three of them it didn't take long to unload the goose neck, the only gear remaining inside belonging to Heero. With his horse settled, Treize bid Otto and Joe good night and picked up his bags, heading for the house, a hot meal and shower.
 
Jenny had left his dinner in the oven for him, Treize's mouth watering with the tantalizing smell and he was quick to fetch it. Placing the plate on the table that Jenny had kindly left set for him, Treize fetched a glass of red wine and sat down to eat. He'd only stopped once on the way home to refuel and grab a couple of sandwiches for himself and Joe. Needless to say his stomach was grumbling at the lack of food. Once dinner was taken care of, Treize refilled his glass, put some classical music on and went through to his study to place the red rosette with the others he'd accumulated over his career. Elegant fingers caressed the stem of the wine glass as Treize's eyes roamed over the many rosettes, trophies and cups he'd won. He'd been lucky, lucky to have good horses to ride, lucky to have the skills he possessed and lucky to have made his hobby his career.
 
With the smile still on his lips, Treize headed for the bathroom and a long soak in the tub.
 
Reclining back in the large lounge chair, silk robe about his body, refilled glass in his hand and the soft music in the background, Treize was content. Well, he would be even more content if his partner were here with him. At that thought, the doorbell rang and Treize glanced at the clock; it was ten-thirty. He got up and went to open the door, he already had a good idea of who he would find on the other side.
 
"I hope it's not too late?" the blonde vet asked as he gave his partner a warm smile.
 
"Never," Treize replied as he opened the door wider to admit his lover. "I was just enjoying a glass of wine before retiring for the evening. Would you care to join me?"
 
"In a glass of wine or the bed?"
 
"Both."
 
Zechs shivered at the prospect.
 
They lay entwined on the cool sheets, pale skin a contrast to the slightly darker skin of the ginger haired man. Wine glasses remained on the side table, half full and forgotten for the moment. Long, slender legs wrapped themselves around a trim waist, hips pushing up as the body above thrust forward embedding the thick shaft deeper into the compliant sheath. Zechs groaned as his prostate was massaged.
 
Fingers carded through ginger hair, blue eyes locked as lips gravitated and melded together. Soft moans escaped as bodies thrust lazily against one another, each taking and giving as the pleasure mounted. Treize worked a hand between their sweating skin and curled around the stiff length of Zechs; he began to stroke.
 
Hearts thudded in chests, blood pounded inside veins whilst nerves came alive. The extra stimulus to Zechs' cock drove the vet to higher planes and he knew he wasn't going to last much longer. His lover's cock brushed his prostate again and Zechs cried out. Heavy balls drew close and with another stroke to his shaft, Zechs found his climax, spurts of semen exiting his slit and coating Treize's hand and his own belly as he rode the tide of euphoria.
 
With his lover's fall, Treize was soon to follow. The muscular contractions of Zechs' passage around his shaft encouraged Treize to let go and plunge into the abyss. Another thrust and Treize pushed himself as deep as he could, holding himself on trembling limbs as the waves of orgasm crashed over him. His seed was milked from him by the ripples of Zechs' passage, coaxing Treize's cock to give up all it had and satisfy the greedy body he was buried in.
 
Treize fell against his lover, chests heaving and hearts beating erratically as they allowed themselves to be completely engulfed in the pleasure that only making love can give. Zechs enfolded Treize in his arms, pulling them closer together and enjoying the afterglow.
 
As the pleasure began to recede, logic kicked back in and Treize rolled to the side, Zechs following and snuggling close again. Still locked together they fell asleep in each others arms.
 
* * *
 
Heero unloaded Zero while Duo went ahead to open the stallion's stable door and check to see if Zero's feed was in his feed bin. Scythe and Shini both hung over their stable doors giving soft snorts and grunts as they recognized the nice human's footsteps and scent.
 
"Hey, guys," Duo greeted as he stepped inside the stable area and went straight to Zero's stable. The feed sat in the feed bin awaiting Zero, along with a healthy dose of carrots. Duo chuckled to himself and then proceeded to the feed shed where he grabbed a few more carrots and fed them to Scythe and Shini.
 
Heero entered with the gray and immediately neighs and whinnies were exchanged. Scythe blowing softly through her nostrils as the handsome stallion was placed in his stable. Shini gave little squeals as he greeted his sire, eager to learn all about where his father had been.
 
"I think they're happy to see each other," Heero chuckled as he exited Zero's stable, lead rope and floating boots in his hands.
 
"Whatever gave you that idea?" Duo replied, a touch of sarcasm in his voice. With a smile he turned to go back to the car and commence unpacking.
 
With Zero safely in his stable, Heero gave his boyfriend a hand to unload the car, taking the many items through to the tack room and dumping them in a pile on the floor. The bridles and saddle were hung up, but Heero insisted they leave the rest of the stuff until the following day when he would go through it all and put it away where it belonged. They were both tired from their long journey and Heero wanted nothing more than to have something to eat, take a shower and spend some serious cuddle time with Duo on the couch. He glanced at his watch; seven-ten.
 
"Come on, Duo. We can leave the rest until tomorrow. Let's grab our duffels and head inside. I don't know about you but I'm tired, hungry and could do with a shower."
 
"Right with you, Heero,“ Duo replied and grabbed their bags from the car, tossing Heero's to him and shouldering his own. "Guess I'd better do some washing tomorrow."
 
"Might be advisable," Heero returned. "I think my bag is starting to take on the distinct smell of sweaty socks."
 
"Phew! I agree with you there, Heero," Duo snickered as he waved his hand in front of his nose. "You want to be careful, the way that bag is starting to smell it might grow legs and walk off."
 
Heero simply shook his head and rolled his eyes. "Actually, I was thinking about putting the really dirty stuff into the wash tonight and leaving it to soak."
 
"And give Gertrude a bad case of blocked pipes?"
 
"Duo, Gertrude is a washing machine, she's meant to handle things like this," Heero deadpanned.
 
"Well, don't blame me if all you find in the morning is a pile of melted washing machine bits."
 
"I give up," Heero muttered and stood to the side for Duo to open the door to the house.
 
Duo snickered as he slid the key into the lock and then felt around for the light switch. He flipped it on and nearly jumped out of his skin.
 
"Surprise!"
 
"Whoa! Shit!" Duo yelled and dropped his bag in shock.
 
"What the fuck?" Heero shot around Duo as he heard the vet's yell, all ready to protect his lover against whatever was threatening him. He stopped dead in his tracks and blinked.
 
Strung across the kitchen was a banner that read 'Welcome home and congratulations!!' Heero blinked again.
 
"Welcome home, guys!" Hilde bounded forward and enveloped first Duo then Heero in a bear hug. "It's good to see you both again, and well done, Heero!"
 
The pair shook their heads as they took in the kitchen. Besides the banner there were streamers and balloons festooned around, the table was laden with food and all around them stood their friends. Hilde, Catherine, Trowa and Quatre all beamed back at them. One by one they took Hilde's lead and congratulated Heero on his success, Duo was similarly congratulated for playing the part of 'support crew' so efficiently. To say the pair were stunned would be an understatement. Heero was completely floored by the welcome, he'd had no idea he was this well liked and respected. Sure he knew he had good friends, but just how deep that friendship ran was brought home to him with startling clarity. He felt humbled to know these people and the depth of their caring for himself and Duo.
 
Duo was similarly stunned. Oh, he knew he had excellent friends and to know they had accepted Heero just as much as himself only made his heart warm. The pair weren't given any time to think though as they were dragged inside, duffles taken from them and loaded plates of food placed into their hands. Everyone was talking at once, all wanting to know everything about the trip, the event and Zero's success.
 
Trowa smiled when Duo related their stay at Albert's farm to him and he promised Duo he would contact the pair and pay them a well overdue visit. Quatre was in hysterics with Heero's tale of Goose and his refusing to jump without Duck present. When Heero related what the judge had said to Alex during the presentation about riding Duck, Duo thought Quatre was about to asphyxiate!
 
Hilde wanted all the details on Firefox's injury while Catherine seemed more concerned about Joe and his sprained ankle. When the truth came out about Heero re-injuring his arm he was assailed by two worried females and one anxious inspector while a certain boyfriend and calm animal shelter owner watched from the side lines with amused smiles on their respective faces.
 
Having finally managed to withdraw from all attempts to 'check him out', Heero glared at his lover for not helping him. Duo had just laughed and told him he'd gotten what he deserved.
 
The merry making settled down a bit after that and Trowa filled them in on how the horses had been while they were away. Nothing major had happened which settled Heero's mind a lot, although Quatre did let it slip that Trowa had had another slight altercation with Shini. The colt had decided that Trowa wasn't as experienced as his master and tried to drag Trowa off towards a particularly nice looking patch of grass one day when Trowa had been bringing him in for his dinner. Trowa had dug in his heels and hauled the wayward colt back, chastising him softly for his behavior.
 
Heero chuckled at that. He knew the extent of Trowa's reprimanding an animal. The man would have done it in a calm, quiet tone, one that Shini would have completely ignored. Quatre continued with the tale, Shini had tried again, Trowa had pulled him up and growled softly at him and given the colt a smack. More like a slightly strong pat, Heero had thought. Shini had promptly turned his head and given Trowa a sharp nip on the upper arm and that caused Trowa to finally do something.
 
"You should have seen him," Quatre said, trying to hold his laughter and failing. "I'd just come around the side with Scythe when Shini nipped. Next thing all you could hear was this yell of pain and then a really loud whack as Trowa gave Shini a good, hard smack; and the language..."
 
"Language?" Duo snickered. "Do tell."
 
"It wasn't that bad," huffed Trowa.
 
"Oh no?" Quatre raised an eyebrow. "I repeat: 'Don't you dare bite me again, you fucking animal, or I'll sink my own teeth into you so hard you'll think you've been attacked by a predator. How dare you bite me, you good for nothing fucking piece of dog food!' I swear that's what he said," Quatre stated and sat back, ignoring the glare that Trowa shot him.
 
"Ohhh, Tro, lost his cool," Duo teased.
 
"I had every right to," Trowa replied with his nose in the air. "Damn colt drew blood."
 
"Well, I'm glad to see you stood up for yourself and put him in his place, Trowa; about time," Heero sniggered. "I'll bet he's been the perfect gentleman since."
 
"Hasn't put a hoof out of place."
 
"Good. I did tell you he would try things on and the only way to make him behave and respect you is to let him know you're the boss."
 
"I will be sure to make a note of that for future reference," Trowa replied dryly.
 
The conversation changed and Hilde had them all in stitches as she recounted some of the cases she'd dealt with during their absence. Heero was laughing so hard when Hilde told them about the pink and gray galah [1] that had come in to have its beak clipped and managed to wiggle free from its owner while Hilde was fetching the beak clippers, that Duo thought Heero was going to have a seizure. The laughter only increased when Hilde continued, telling them that the consulting room door wasn't shut properly and the bird had managed to fly out and into the reception area. From there it had flown back into the waiting room where a couple of other clients were waiting, both with cats.
 
The galah had landed on the floor and both cat owners were doing their best to keep their pets from squirming free to catch the errant bird. Meanwhile Catherine had joined Hilde and the owner in trying to catch the bird. The galah didn't make the job any easier though when he started to call to the cats.
 
"Here we were, all three of us, trying to herd this bird into a corner where I could throw a blanket over it when the damn thing starts calling 'Here, puss, puss, puss,' I just about fell over when I heard that!" Hilde said as she giggled away.
 
"Did you manage to catch him?" Duo asked as he fought his own laughter.
 
"Eventually," Hilde replied.
 
"That has to be one of the funniest things I've heard in ages," Heero snickered. "Here, puss, puss, puss, indeed!"
 
"I swear, it's true. The bird did say that," Hilde chuckled.
 
They continued to swap stories until Quatre began to yawn. "I think we should all head off home now and leave these two in peace," he said. "I'm sure they have a lot of unpacking to do and they must be tired after driving all day."
 
"I agree," Catherine said. "We'll just clean up and then be on our way."
 
With six people cleaning up, the kitchen was restored to its usual tidy state within no time. Catherine and Hilde took their leave, Trowa and Quatre right behind them. As Trowa was about to get into the car, he turned. "I almost forgot," he began. "The entire town wants to welcome you home and congratulate you on your success, Heero. I believe the mayor has arranged to have a ceremony in your honor in the town square on Sunday."
 
"What?!"
 
Trowa smirked. "I'll call you tomorrow and give you all the details."
 
Heero stood with his mouth gaping as Trowa drove off, Duo equally stunned beside him.
 
"Well, I'll be," Duo began.
 
"I never expected..."
 
"Me either, Heero. Wow."
 
Heero wrapped his arms around Duo's waist and pulled the vet close. Feathering kisses along Duo's neck he paused at Duo's ear. "If what Trowa's said is true, then you will have to be there with me. I couldn't have done what I did without you."
 
"Don't forget that big gray, carrot eating lump in the stable too," Duo chuckled.
 
Heero snickered, his warm breath brushing over Duo's throat. "How could I forget Zero?"
 
"Mmm. That's nice, Heero," Duo moaned as Heero's tongue began to lick along his ear.
 
"Want more?""Ohhh, yes, please."
 
"Then come to bed and let me kiss, lick and nibble every inch of your skin," Heero coaxed, his voice husky.
 
"Ahhh. I think I can do that. On one condition though."
 
"And that would be?" Heero asked as he moved his mouth to Duo's neck.
 
"I don't have to keep quiet."
 
Heero chuckled. "No need to hold back now, Duo. There's only the four walls to hear us."
 
"Then what are we waiting for? I have the urge to scream." Smiling at his lover, Duo led them both back into the house and shut the bedroom door behind them.
 
~ * ~
 
to be concluded...
 
[1] Galah: the pink and gray galah is a type of cockatoo that is native to Australia. They make great pets and are easily taught to talk.
For more information go here: http://www.amonline.net.au/factSheets/galah.htm