Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Words of the Heart ❯ Part Eight: Lost ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part Eight: Lost
Summary: You know when you've found it, because you feel it when they take it away. Heero can't find what he's lost.
 
 
Lost
 
It's been three months since he disappeared and I can't find him anywhere.
I tried to file a missing person report, but the Bit- the Commander pointed out that Duo had resigned, packed up and left his apartment legimately and without the apparent intention of becoming a missing person. He has been, or was in contact with Wufei, Trowa and Quatre as well as a few of the Earth-tied Sweepers.
I know better. Duo wanted to disappear.
After all his catch-phrase always was “I run and I hide but I never tell a lie.”
I just always thought I would be able to find him, if he ever got away.
I can't believe I let him get away.
Hadn't I sworn, once I held him in my arms that I would never let him go? The fact that he slipped away so easily proves-
Proves that I am the idiot I've always accused him of being. Duo didn't slip away, like a shadow into the night, I willingly let him go, I practically pushed him out the door. Why am I always swinging back and forth between two extremes- complete guilt or complete innocence. Haven't I learned that most things in life are never so clear cut?
And Duo…..not to sound like one of those trashy romance books that most of the women I know seem to enjoy, but Duo was my other half. The One. My Soul Mate. I felt it from our first meeting, that he would beceom someone important to me. How had been unknown but Duo seemed to have been ahead of me from the very beginning, he knew what we had.
It wasn't until I had seen Duo's battered face, bruised and bloodied, hanging between those two OZ soldiers that I knew. I knew he was what I wanted forever.
You know when you've found it, because you can feel it when they take it away. I used the excuse of wanting to silence Zero Two if necessary to launch my rescue mission. I highly doubt that was what Doctor J thought my logic skills would be used for when he trained me.
Unconvential methods had always been Duo's strength.
I've scowered the Internet but Duo's too smart to just leave digital tracks for me to find like breadcrumbs. He'd use cash or his amazingly universal barter system or-
Or the connections of his friends.
God, why didn't I think about it before? Quatre might have been too nice to lie to me about helping Duo run be he isn't the only friend either of us have with inter-colonial connections.
Howard would have no problems with letting Duo hop a ship to wherever he wanted to go. Especially is he had any inkling of how I'd been acting- I'm going to have a hard time of tyring to get any information if I ask for it.
It's a good thing then, that the Preventers have kept my hacking skills up to par.
Maybe Duo isn't as lost as I thought.
Maybe.