Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Words of the Heart ❯ Part Nine: Anyway ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part Nine: Anyway
Summary: We never really knew each other anyway. Duo tries to move on without Heero.
 
 
Anyway
 
It's been four months since I left.
That's seventeen weeks.
One hundred and twenty-three days.
Two thousand, nine hundred and fifty-two hours
Well, you get the point.
It's been a long fucking time since I've seen Heero and I don't know how much more of this I can take.
God, it would almost be worth it, to put up with the pain and the heart-break, just to see his face at work. To hear someone mention him, just in passing. To smell the lingering scent of his cologne.
Anything.
But I can't.
I can't just go crawling back like some pathetic child, dependant solely on one person. I'm stronger than that. I have to be….it's crazy to think one person can take so much of me, can affect me so deeply.
Howie has been great, letting me rant if I need to, or just vid call him at all hours of the night to sit up and play poker….till he said something that made horrible sense.
If it was meant to be it would have worked out.
I need to let Heero go, or…or it'll never stop the pain. Or at least make it fade to something more manageable.
That little shocker had been revealed three days ago, and I've spent every waking moment trying to find reason why it wouldn't have worked out between Heero and me.
We were too different.
Heh, there were days I would swear me and Heero never agreed on anything, from the right time to get up for work to the right time to go to bed. The whole day was an exhausting marathon of trying to win a point against the other when no one was ever really keeping score.
We shared no common interests.
Could that be any truer? I loved music and movies and spending nights just vegging out on the couch together. Heero's idea of a good time included his laptop, a healthy snack and the Discovery Channel. Or How It's Made.
We never really knew each other anyway.
I had told Heero, briefly and painfully, of my childhood on L2 but he had never offered to do the same. Everything was always so mysterious and unimportant or all in the past. Heero never seemed to understand that I needed that knowledge, that reciprocation, from him.
Damien, a fellow Sweeper, has asked to go out for coffee and talk. Just caffeine and a chat, nothing more. If there was anywhere to start trying to get over Heero, this would be it.
I think, the next time he asks, I'll say yes.
I'm sorry Heero, but it's time to let you go.