InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beads & Bones ❯ A Serendipitous Chance ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Serendipitous Chance
 
 
 
If she hadn't seen Miroku with that woman… she never would have wandered off alone.
 
`I know better than that, damn it!' It shamed to her admit that she'd been taken down while on her own.
 
If she hadn't wandered off alone, haunted by thoughts of what he'd be doing with that woman… she wouldn't have let those women pull her underwater.
 
She'd forgotten the number one rule of the taijya: know your surroundings.
 
If she had not let those women pull her underwater… she wouldn't have been forced to swallow that egg.
 
`I was weak to give in.' Her stomach gave a lurch, `And it tasted disgusting!'
 
If she had not swallowed that egg… she would not have drawn blood on Houshi-sama.
 
`I could have killed him. And yet, he acted like he was frightened for me!'
 
If she had not drawn blood on Houshi-sama… she would not have forced herself to apologize.
 
“If, when our battle with Naraku is over, the curse of my kazaana is broken and I'm still alive… when that time comes, would you live with me and bear my child?”
 
If she had not forced herself to apologize… he might not have found the strength to ask her to marry him.
 
`I suppose seeing him go off with that woman was worth it. As long as he never does it again!'
 
 
A/N:
 
Originally posted to LiveJournal on April 13, 2009
(just realized I never posted this to the archives! Whoops!)
 
Word Count: 227
 
Prompt: “Ripple”