InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Emergence ❯ Remembered ( Chapter 14 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
A/N: Here’s a new chapter for those who care...

Seriously it is hard to be motivated to post more than once a week when so few people leave me a review. I mean I have over 20 more reviews, real ones with constructive criticism, on aff than on media miner and thirty more than on ff.net. That is pretty sad considering this story doesn’t even have any adult content as of yet.

Oh well... I may post the lime chapter, which is Chapter 15 on Wednesday if you want to read it. If not look for it next Monday as I will be returning to weekly updates
.

For those who have reviewed I thank you and I hope you enjoy.

~ * ~

They had planned on setting out in search of the final shard but with Kikyou’s appearance and Kagome’s need to rest they were forced to postpone the journey a week until after Kagome’s doctor’s appointment and therapy session.

They were all out in the field by the well. InuYasha was sitting in the Goshinboku a short distance away watching Kagome as she played with Shippou and talked to Sango. Miroku was seated under the same tree in which InuYasha was resting.

“She truly is extraordinary.” Miroku offered

Ordinarily a comment like that from the monk would have been in a perverse context, but something in his tone told InuYasha that he meant it as a compliment to her spirit and not to her body. He jumped down.

“You don’t have to tell me.” InuYasha replied with a small smile.

InuYasha’s happiness however was short lived as a familiar stench reached his nose. He raced over to Kagome’s side.

Miroku was given to wonder what had set InuYasha off as he walked over to join the group, that is until he saw the rising dust headed their way.

Kagome gave a startled cry as a man grabbed both of her hands and held them tightly. “Kagome, my woman, it has been far to long since I smelled your glorious scent. Are you ready to come with me to my den?”

Kagome jerked her hands away and InuYasha placed himself between her and the wolf demon. He felt her gripping the back of his haori.

Kouga frowned when he caught the scent of Kagome’s fear. “What the hell have you done to my woman, mutt?”

“She ain’t your woman.” InuYasha growled. “She don’t even know who the hell you are, so back off.” InuYasha turned around. “It’s all right Kagome. The wimpy wolf is harmless.”

She stepped out from behind him, but took his hand and gripped it firmly.

Kouga noticed. “What the hell is going on here?” he demanded. “You’re my woman.”

“I...” Kagome started. “I’m sorry I don’t know who you are.”

“Kouga, Kagome was never your woman.” Sango said. “She was in an accident and really doesn’t remember you, so it might be best if you leave.”

Kouga growled loudly. “Dog shit how could you let this happen to her? You really are a worthless half breed...”
InuYasha lowered his head and let his hand slip out of Kagome’s. He remained silent.

Kagome looked at him and felt her temper rise. How dare this person, demon, whatever he was, blame InuYasha? He had no clue about what happened and here he was casting blame and to call him worthless. She stepped forward and slapped him as hard as she could.

InuYasha looked up and everyone gathered stared at Kagome including Kouga whose cheek was red, having been burned by the spiritual power that had been behind her slap.

“I may not remember you, but I know I’m not your woman. I would never be with someone who would deem another worthless simply because of how they were born.” She said. “What happened wasn’t his fault. It was what was meant to be. I want you to leave.”

Without warning Kouga grabbed Kagome and threw her over his shoulder. He raced off as fast as his legs would carry him. InuYasha was frozen in place until Shippou started crying. He looked at the young kitsune.

“Don’t worry. I’m going to get her back.” InuYasha said and he took off after Kagome and Kouga.

It was several minutes before Kagome fully realized what had happened. “Let me go.” she demanded pounding on her abductor’s back. “Why are you doing this?”

“I don’t know what that mutt did to you Kagome but I am going to fix it and then claim you as my mate like I should have done a long time ago.” Kouga said.

“I don’t want you I want InuYasha.” she told him.

“You’re my woman Kagome and you’re never going to see that damn dog turd again.” Kouga told her. “And if he tries to take you from me, I’ll kill him.”

Kagome thought her heart had stopped. Kill InuYasha. InuYasha dead. It was too horrible to even think about. She let out a terrified scream and pounded her fists against Kouga’s back. The wolf youkai stopped abruptly and held Kagome away from him so he could look at her. She struggled in his grip.

“This really isn’t a trick is it?” he asked. No one could fake the terror that was rolling off of her in waves. “You really don’t remember me.” She shook her head. “Then how come you remember the mutt?”

“I don’t know.” she sobbed. “I just know I love him and I am supposed to be with him, please.”

“Kagome...” InuYasha yelled as she came into sight.

“InuYasha.” she called back. “Help me...”

“I’m coming Kagome.” he replied. He landed in front of Kouga with his sword drawn, growling fiercely. “Let. Her. Go.”

“Not until you tell me why you should get Kagome when you’re still obsessed with that undead bitch. She deserves better.” Kouga said. “I bet you didn’t even tell her about that.”

“He did tell me.” Kagome interrupted. “Before he would let us be more than friends he told me all about Kikyou. Please let me go. I want to be with InuYasha.”

Kagome cried out with relief as clawed hands released her arms. She ran full speed at InuYasha and crashed into his chest. Immediately she was wrapped tightly in his strong embrace. She cried against his haori.

“It’s all right.” he whispered as he nuzzled her hair.

Kouga watched as InuYasha licked Kagome’s neck softly and growled quietly, effectively stopping her tears. “I was so scared.” Kagome admitted.

“I know.” her hanyou said soothingly. “You don’t have to be afraid anymore. I’m here to protect you now. Get the fuck out of here flea bag. The next time I see you I’ll kill you.”

Kouga looked sadly at the couple before him and took off, headed back to his den. He had lost Kagome and realized now that he never really had her to begin with.

Kagome held tightly to InuYasha as he carried her back to the village. “InuYasha, I’m tired, can you take me home for a little while?”

“All right Kagome.” He replied.

~ * ~

InuYasha carried her into her room through her bedroom window and placed her gently on her bed. She was already asleep.

Kagome opened her eyes and found herself surrounded by soft white light. “Why do I always have to have such strange dreams. I never know what to expect.”

Soft familiar laughter reached her ears and she turned. There before her was a kind looking man with inky black hair and familiar eyes.

“Daddy?” she whispered. “Am I dead?”

“No.” He assured her. “You are simply sleeping.”

“Then how...” Kagome questioned.

The man smiled. “I my daughter am you father, as I live on in your memories. The time has come for you to know you family once again.”

“Why now?” She asked.

“I don’t know why you have chosen now as the time. I’m a part of you and you called me forth from your mind to guide you.” he replied. “I would venture to say that it’s because you feel their love lacking from your life. You have found a different kind of love but nothing can replace the love of your family.”

She considered his words. It made sense. As well it should since it was really her own minds rationale. She shook her head. That line of thinking was far too confusing to pursue and unimportant besides.

“Now remember.”

Kagome saw herself under the Goshinboku sitting on the ground crying. She couldn’t have been more than four or five. Her mother came out and lifted her into her arms. A soothing hand stroked her back. “There, there dear one.” she said gently. “We’ll take care of this. No more tears.”

Another memory of waiting in a room filled with chairs, coloring as her jii-chan slept beside her. Suddenly the man from her dream, her father, came into the room and scooped her up in his arms. He spun her around and she squealed with delight. Her jii-chan startled awake.

“Well...” her grandfather prompted.

“Come father you can join us as I take my princess to meet her new baby brother.” Her father said.

“I have a brother now?” She asked eyes full of wonder.

“Yes and it’ll be up to you to look out for him as his big sister.” he replied.

There were many other memories all from her childhood and all of them precious to her.

Kagome opened her eyes again and this time she was in her room. She could see the back of InuYasha’s head, his ears twitching as he sat on the floor beside her bed. She reached out and captured one of the furry appendages, rubbing it gently.

“InuYasha are you awake?” She asked quietly.

“You think I could sleep with you doing that?” He asked. Kagome released his ear and he turned around. “You know what it does to me when you do that.”

Kagome shivered at the husky tone of his voice and the way he moved to rest his body partially over her own. Kagome wrapped her arms around him as he kissed her. She gasped against his mouth as one delightfully clawed hand slid up under her shirt and along her ribs, coming to rest just under her bra.

“More.” She breathed.

A low rumbling growl spilled from him as his hand moved higher to cup her breast. InuYasha trailed kisses along her jaw, setting on her neck. A soft moan escaped her as he gently nipped at her flesh and then soothed it with a swipe of his tongue.

They both stopped and looked at the door when they heard someone clearing their throat. InuYasha jumped off Kagome and ended up at the foot of her bed his face as red as his haori. Kagome groaned and buried her face in her hands.

“Hi mama.” she said weakly.

“Kagome...” Her mother whispered, her voice full of surprise. “You... You called me mama. Does this mean?”

InuYasha forgot to be embarrassed as he looked at Kagome who now had her head raised. “I remember you mama. While I was sleeping I dreamed of daddy and it awoke some of my memories.”

“Some?” her mother questioned.

“The last thing I remember is just before my fifteenth birthday.” Kagome explained. “Daddy, well my memory of daddy, said that I needed to remember you because even though I have InuYasha I still need the love of my family.”

“Kagome this is wonderful.” Her mother said at last. She crossed the room and pulled her daughter into a hug. “It’s so wonderful to have you back. I love you.”

“I love you too mama.” Kagome replied.

Her mother made a special dinner that night in celebration. InuYasha was happy that she remembered her family, but he was also a little jealous. He wanted her to remember him, and that only made him feel guilty. He knew he should be grateful to have her at all and that it should be enough that they were together, but somehow it wasn’t. They had been through so much together and she didn’t remember hardly any of it.

InuYasha went outside after dinner and Asami saw her chance to speak to Kagome privately.

Kagome groaned inwardly as her mother sat beside her on her bed. She supposed that she had been foolish to think her mother would forget about walking in on her and InuYasha earlier and that she should be grateful that her returning memories had given her a short reprieve.

“I guess you know what I want to talk to you about.” her mother said. Kagome nodded. “First let me say that I’m not upset with you or him. I would have preferred not to have seen the two of you, but I dare say that next time you will remember to lock the door.”

“Next time?” Kagome asked.

“Yes Kagome next time and the time after.”Asami laughed. “I was your age and in love once too. You’re not a little girl anymore as much as I might wish for you to be. I would like to have am adult conversation now with you if you are willing.” Kagome nodded. “How far would things have gone today had I not come in.”

Kagome blushed. “What you saw today was the farthest things have ever gotten and since you saw us it will probably be a long time before they get that far again.”

Asami laughed at the disappointment in her daughter’s tone. “I see. Well it is good to know that you two aren’t rushing things. I must admit I expected as much. InuYasha isn’t like the boys in this time. I didn’t speak with you about boys and sex until after you began to go through the well and started accepting dates from Hojou, so I don’t suppose you remember.”

“I went on a date with Hojou?” Kagome asked. “Did I like him?”

“Not really I don’t think.” Asami replied. “You usually only went out with him when you were mad at InuYasha and you never saw him as more than a friend..”

“Oh....” Kagome said.

“Now Kagome, as much as I would like you to stay a virgin until you are properly married I don’t know how realistic that is, especially since I am sure that youkai and hanyou have customs of their own when it comes to that sort of thing.” Asami began.

By the end of their talk Kagome was thoroughly embarrassed, but very well informed and grateful that she and her mother shared such a good relationship. She knew that very few mothers were as understanding or as supportive as hers, especially when it came to giving their approval to be involved in intimate activities with their boyfriends, even if she hoped they would chose to wait to have actual intercourse.

~ * ~

Later that night they sat on the sofa watching TV, this time InuYasha had his head in her lap as Kagome stroked his ears gently. “I want to remember you too.”

“What?” He asked.

“I know you’re wishing that I remembered you, and I want you to know that it’s okay to feel that way.” She replied. “I know you and I know that I love you, but it would be nice if we had memories to share. It’s alright for you to want that too.”

“So you don’t think it’s selfish of me to be jealous of your family?” He asked.

“No.” She told him. “I’d be worried if you weren’t. I would wonder what kind of memories they were if you were happy I couldn’t remember.”

InuYasha sat up and took her face in his hands. He kissed her gently, bent on memorizing every inch of her mouth and burning the taste of her into his memory. “My K’gome.” he whispered against her lips.

“InuYasha...” She said quietly as blush dusted her cheeks. “Let’s go upstairs.”

He leaned back and studied her face for a moment before picking her up and carrying her upstairs to her room. He set her down and she closed the door. With a soft clicking sound, she engaged the lock.

“Kagome...” InuYasha started.

She shook her head. “Just lay with me, please.”

He nodded and joined her on the bed. She sighed as he wrapped his arms around her. She reached up and rubbed his ears delighted at the low rumbling that spilled forth from him at her attentions. He captured her lips in a demanding kiss and she gave herself over to him completely.

Kagome ran her hand lightly under the back of his shirt and across the taut skin of his back. She was pleased when he shuddered under her touch.

InuYasha was emboldened by her caress and slipped his hand under her shirt. She gasped and arched against him.

“More.” she pleaded in a breathy whisper.

InuYasha moved his hand up to cup her breast and she moaned when he gave it a gentle squeeze. His lips scorched her skin as he kissed his way along her jaw and settled on her neck. He sucked her sensitive skin and nipped at her lightly.

Even as he kissed her InuYasha swore to himself that he would not let things go to far. He wanted to give her a little more time to get her memories back before things got more serious between them. He found, as she made small noises of pleasure and breathed out his name, that it was going to be harder than he expected to keep to his vow.

Her small hands tugged at the bottom of his shirt and he growled softly, before moving off of her just long enough to remove it. His body shuddered as her nails raked along his back, and he couldn’t hold back a low moan.

Kagome couldn’t get enough of the feel of his skin, and the way he responded to her touch. It wasn’t enough; not nearly enough just to hold him. She needed him, like she needed air to breathe. She reached down to undo his pants and he nipped her neck hard. She gasped and laid her hands to rest at her sides. He was upset with her.

“InuYasha... I’m sorry.” She tried, embarrassed by her actions, wondering what he must think of her. “I-”

He silenced her with a kiss. “Don’t be sorry. Just not yet, okay?”

“Okay.” She whispered, refusing to look at him. She felt a clawed finger on her cheek, forcing her to look at him.

“Hey, you don’t need to be embarrassed.” InuYasha told her gently. He leaned down and nipped her ear lobe before sucking it gently. “I want that too, but I don’t want us to rush things.”

“Can we kiss some more then?” She asked her face heating.

He smirked. “That we can do wench.”